Here we go again

Friendly reminder that the only people businesses can't afford to pay are useless positions like junior deputy assistant manager of Jewery. If your position actually brings in revenue, and that revenue is greater than $15/hr (if it isn't, you never should have been hired) it doesn't make sense to fire you because you're still contributing more than you cost to maintain.

Unless, of course, any cheaper option costs $14.99 an hour.

how much revenue does the cleaner bring in?

he should try day trading once in his life and then re-evaluate everything he has said

The difference between operational income without him and with him

emptying some bins and mopping the floor, not much then?

The loss of productivity from higher-ups having to do the dirty work (or from working in a filthy office if no one did it) would not be insignificant.

productivity of office workers can't be quantified, but the wage bill sure can
enjoy your extra duties, peons

Are you really this stupid?
You run a top notch restaurant in California: best food, dandyest place, 10 years in the business, loyal clients. But you fired the cleaner and never hired anyone else to do that job. 2 weeks and your restaurand is a landfill, you're broke.
Use your brain if you still have it

referring to

should they be payed more or even the most then?

The should be payed enough to stay and do a good job bot no more than what some one else would accept to do the SAME job for.

what would happen is

I'm not seeing a problem here.

HAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHA
i know your neet ass has never experienced a day of work in your entire artery clogged life, but people will work the shitty jobs because it's a job. no one likes job hunting and it comes with no guarantee.

Inflation

That's the only thing anyone should be focusing on. You pay people $15/hr for doing jack shit, everything else is going to cost a fuckton more. Enjoy paying 30 bucks for a loaf of bread

They could take the very small amount increase in wages out of the paycheck of the people who get paid millions to do nothing. If your business is so inefficient that you can't afford a minor wage increase for the people who are keeping your business alive, then you are running your business poorly.

You guys are fucking retarded. Read the first few pages in pic related. All raising minimum wage does is fuck over people trying to run small businesses because they don't have the profit margins of your monolithic food joints or super stores which are run by bunch of (((suits))) who have been raised and bred in some think tank for the sole purpose of maximizing profits.(obviously this is an exaggeration but if you can't see why small businesses should be supported then you're probably perpetually out to lunch anyways)

Returns are returns, diminished or not.

I never said increasing the minimum wage is a good thing. All I said is that it won't result in mass layoffs.

pretty much

countries have minimum wages, why do u think it will destroy your country?
cool - they were paying their workers trash and theyll earn more working for some1, who can afford it. And earn more, that their buisness

never thought i'd see my boss on 8ch

Small businesses have less employees. If you can't afford to pay an extra 7 dollars to couple of employees per month then your business is a failure.

This, but the definition of "small business" has been twisted all to hell for decades. These days when a politician says that they can mean anything up to a 10,000 employee multistate, hundred million dollar company

paying people more will stop poverty

N one seriously thinks that, but it will help. You know what would stop poverty? UBI