Firefox?

Holla Forums I need some opinions on it. I uninstalled Google chrome and have stopped using pretty much all things google related. I use duckduckgo as a search engine. Does it honor its promises of security and such?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmaM-Mar_oA&t=0s
github.com/jspenguin2017/uBlockProtector/issues/95
discourse.mozilla.org/t/support-ublock-origin/6746/451
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not really. Go with Gnu IceCat or the Tor Browser.

it said they would want to work against "fake" news with the EU
youtube.com/watch?v=AmaM-Mar_oA&t=0s

It does if you also use a proxy

Also dont use firefox, Mozilla just accepted like 100 million dollars from Georfe Soros himself to help censor fake news. Firefox is dead, get waterfox. It imports all your settings, extensions, and themes, and isnt run by jews.

ew

I heard Tor was pretty gay though.

Holla Forums has a subreddit

Do they advertise that they do?

Okay, got me there. Get PaleMoon then

Hey at least you admitted it and didn't attempt to suck their cock.

I'm currently using Opera, it has a built-in VPN.

Oh? A built in vpn sounds interesting.

im using incognito mode which also has a VPN.

lol no

wow! free vpn. hey morons you think they're not datamining you to make a penny? fucking kys idiots and enjoy your cookies and trackers following you through your anonymous browsing HAHAHAHA

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Changing ips is easy peezy. Flag related.

Use Brave with searx.me as your search engine.

Come on, he's less influential in politics than the Koch brothers.

test

Oh no, not "muh datamining"! Guess I'll just stop doing anything you disagree with. Care to provde a list of what that may be? Oh, right, datamining. Go to bed, kid, you got school in the morning.

it doesn't protect your anonymity which is the whole point of a vpn!! by all means use it and wreck your anonymity just to show me you don't give a fuck!

lmao calm down lol nigga everyone knows the feds are recording ur shit no matter what you do

lil nigga*

we all fucked basically

niggers

I thought Firefox was a piece of shit until I reset it and upgraded to the 64bit version(not WaterFox, the official Mozilla 64bit version). It does the same thing Chrome does with having multiple processes open in the background now which I can take or leave.

Here's a screen shot of what RAM usage looks like. Both Chrome and Firefox have the same addons installed (ublock origin), both are on the same website (8ch.net) and both are freshly restarted.

One thing I definitely like about Firefox is the increased control over updates. Chrome and Opera install tasks in the task scheduler that check for updates way too fucking often imo and if you try to change them it eventually gets reset to default.

Another browser I use is Palemoon, it's pretty lightweight and typically only uses 300-500MB of RAM. I believe it's based on a fork of old Firefox code.

Just trying to help OP out. No need to get passive aggressive lol

Please enlighten us, King Neet. What's so special about the way you do things? I got news for you,it's nothing. STFU if you have nothing useful to add to the conversation!

i don't pretend to be mr. expert because i make shit up about memory usage from some stupid app on my computer! i'd never act like that. but i'm the dumbass with nothing to contribute right? not this fuck that just write a wall of complete jibberish! he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about!

The random program is ProcessLasso, it's pretty useful.

Basically. I still haven't seen you give OP any useful advice. You just smugly dismiss anything the rest of us put forth with no basis for doing so. I will not be responding to you again. You're about to turn me into the old me. If that happens, I'll show you what REAL datamining is about.

Here's what I was talking about here:

with Opera and Chrome installing tasks that check for updates too fucking often.

Nicholas Piberius "Nick" Wilde

Not as secure as chrome (disregarding google), but I'd say good enough for the moment, firefox 57 will bring process separation which should bring it to pretty much the same level as chrome. Privacy wise I don't know about any real problems apart from mozilla addons page using google analytics, which won't be blocked by your addons if you access it thorough the about:addons page.

you may find this interesting
github.com/jspenguin2017/uBlockProtector/issues/95
discourse.mozilla.org/t/support-ublock-origin/6746/451

I have Chromium (Nik's version) from chromium.woolyss.com and I'm OK with it. Nothing autostarts, I have to update it manually, less memory usage than Waterfox… You can choose no sync version and have it portable, with all codecs enabled.

But based on , it's not that good. And Waterfox is pure placebo.

>be Somalian

You should have installed Brave