Anhedonia

Anhedonia is a symptom of Depression that signifies a reduction in the ability to feel pleasure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8WooPsxa68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am anhedonic without my medication, feel mentally fatigued all the time, can't enjoy anything i used to derive fulfillment from, and have no energy to be productive. But on pills I'm fine

As someone who's had this in worsening degrees over the past few years, I can't conclude other than that, in its worst form, it's a special kind of hell. Hopefully I can show why for those who aren't familiar.

Have you ever revisited something from your childhood, only to find it disappointing and lacking the original magic it had? That's sort of how Anhedonia is. All of the sudden, you might realize that reading books isn't as entertaining as it used to be, and in fact you wouldn't even care if they disappeared altogether.

People go through many changes when they're young, you might think, and so you shrug it off and go back to watching anime or doing whatever else you really care about. When you've already found your hobby, everything else is superfluous. In that manner, you keep going. Occasionally you'll have another moment like the above (and be a little more nervous), but generally it's fine.

Why don't you just try to cheer up hurr durr durr.

But actually, depression is a bitch and I feel for you guys. I've been lucky to not have it yet, but it runs pretty strong in my family so I'm worried that for me it's just a matter of time.

Anyway, any of you tried electrotherapy?

Eventually, however, it cracks.

The websites you used to enjoy visiting mean absolutely nothing to you. Food doesn't taste as good. You may look around in panic at this point and realize that absolutely everything has vanished as well: Podcasts aren't entertaining, your favorite albums sound like nothing, and you're running out of hobbies to retreat to.

Even obscure pleasures like the comfort of sitting down in a hot shower or the pleasant sound of falling rain do nothing. It's not that you're tired of them - it just doesn't make you feel anything.

After that point, there is no escaping the emptiness. I avoid using the word "boredom" here because that implies some sense of vigor and potential satisfaction.

It's just empty.

If you reach complete Anhedonia, you might as well not be human.

The people around you are so completely different in what they do and feel that it's impossible to relate to them. In this state, your lack of potential to enjoy anything is so apparent that you can sense it within you.

You may take up meditation, start exercising, eat better, and try something new, but it will have absolutely no effect. Thus, you pass most of your days mindlessly on the internet, just barely amused enough to do that instead of sleeping all day.

Once in a while, it hits you that your life is horrible and there's nothing you can do about it. You may flail around in impotent rage; it doesn't matter. Tomorrow will be the exact same, and there is nothing you can do.

I want to kill myself so badly because of this

Same.

this. It's taken me nearly 15 years to get here, but it's done and I'm out of options. Last thing I'm going to try is lying to myself. About everything. All the time. Brainwash myself into normiehood, why not, homos?
also, what is the sauce for these accurately music-fied feels?

why bother? Make a triple-tiered sandwich instead

youtube.com/watch?v=X8WooPsxa68

checked
safe, famalam. Positive energy thrown at you via digital means

This isn't a disease, it's a blessing. Hedonism is degenerate and leads to white genocide. The inability to feel pleasure is exactly what white people need to fight the jews.

You are an absolute moron who doesn't have the slightest clue about depression if you actually believe this

Kill yourself, kike. Pleasure is degenerate.

you have a point to a degree, i.e., nothing in excess (look at Crete many moons ago). However, there must be a stimulus other than pain avoidance for the successful doing of things. Only seeking pleasure is when one becomes a junkie, a slave of life. But in experiencing no pleasure, at all, one is no longer a part of life. Neither is ideal

lel

White nationalists with resolve know that they don't need to do what they do for pleasure, a sense of honor and duty are the reward.

There's no pleasure or reward, though. I'm socially dead. They can all go fuck themselves for not giving me a lgf.

Fucking true.

Pleasure isn't necessary or a goal. White nationalism is about cold hard rationality and logic.

Not talking about reward, rather the ability to function in an acceptable manner. Holla Forumsrother, I wouldn't argue against White Nationalism, since I agree with White Nationalism, but you're taking a social, macro-issue and trying to apply its tenets on a personal, micro-level. Do I understand the masculine values and abstractions such as Honor, Duty, Logic etc? Ofc, they have kept me going thus far. Yet this doesn't mean I wouldn't like to feel (real) pleasure just once more before I die. Dedicating oneself wholly to a cause can usurp the need for subjective pleasure/happiness/whatever, I'm just saying it might be nice to not be a fucking zombie for several minutes in the day

what is this woeful simulator in which I live?
fugg

Your subjective pleasure and happiness is worthless and contributes a net 0 to white nationalism, often harming it, see hedonism. Stop arguing with your emotions like a leftist.

toplel

It's true an you know it, because I haven't let my emotions and feelings get into the discussion like you, which is why you are unable to form an argument in response.

what's true?

What I posted

It's called dopamine and it's the reward circuit in your brain, DIPSHIT!
LET IT ALL FUCKING BURN

ah, well, then, I'll try to clarify a bit more
agreed, wasn't saying it was somehow beneficial or even necessary for any cause, but w/e
pleasure does not automatically imply 'hedonism' lel. A mote of self-control ensures balance. See Aristotle
I'm not, I'm trying to remember where I put them
kek, no
the thread, as I understand it, is about the experience of anhedonia, not whether anhedonia is required to save us. The threats to the white race do not purely stem from the Huxleyan nightmare within which we've ended up, btw. Just being a robot is not the answer, either

I'll probably stick with the hebe/ephebe gf, for now m8…

Being a robot IS the answer though. A man who pursues no pleasure is incorruptible.

What's the track?

This is the worst

What pills do they put you on? How are the side effects?

It's called the red pill.

Stop abusing your adderall for a while and it will go away.