Pale Moon goes perhaps the Firefox way again - What will you do now guys?

github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/978

I would say it does not look that good for the Pale Moon crowd as it seems not to be able to go forward anymore web-compatibility wise and whatever way they will go soon, they lose what makes them feature rich.

A re-base would also mean you lose everything what makes Pale Moon more feature rich compared to Firefox.

Seamonkey, Pale Moon, Waterfox or Cyberfox...

There is no future of customizable browsers out there based on legacy Mozilla code.

Time to accept the invitable: Customizatuion in Mozilla based third party products is going to die.

What is your next plan guys? Will you move on to Brave/Edge/Vivaldi or some Webkit forks? Or will you go back to Firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases
8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
notabug.org/141243/presto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone needs to make a functional and bugfree and updated ungoogled chrome/iridium

either that or we can hope vivaldi open up its source code

Why would you use an horribly outdated fork of a browser that is already horribly insecure?

The answer is forking the codebase. It's too bad that permamad chan dwellers who do nothing but bike shedding are too cheap to invest into software development.

Because just like windows updates, modern browser updates are primarily concerned with adding more user-tracking and less customization.

Firefox has always had the ultimate in customization. Firefox is open source software. You cannot get more customizable than that.

chromium is also open source

I'm going to continue not giving a shit and keep laughing at pitiful autists like yourself who know nothing and make twenty browser threads like this because that's all you can bring to the table, due to your incompetence.

It really is all they can do. Whinging like entitled servants who have no sense of hard investment. Firefox has always been free software and free software means users are always allowed to modify and fix the software. These (former) users do nothing but whinge about software that other people are investing.

You were told time and time again that this is the case. For almost two fucking years now.
Furfag has no developer resources to backport/cherry-pick changes in a manner that preserves his precious UI, which has to be preserved or the autistic screeching will flare up.

How is this news? You were told this time, and time again. Did you just not listen, or are you a moron?

Already on Vivaldi. Firefox or its forks never had potential.

someone write lynx 3.0 already

Can someone explain why you can't just take the html/css/js engine from something else, and build the rest of the browser yourself?

The html etc are the only things that really need to be updated, all the stupid bloat and botnet and retarded UI is completely removed from all of that... right?

You can.
Just like you can write an encyclopedia if you have enough free time.

I'm ungoogled user and occasional contributor to the patchset. While there are few problems (webrtc), ungoogled is pretty much useable for me. Care to elaborate what problems you have with it?

You know why all other UI codebases are memes? Extensions.

Browsing web in $CURRENT_YEAR without extensions? You might as well kill yourself.

I haven't actually tried it, only iridium and it was bugged out of the ass.

I've heard ungoogled chrome is a dead project that doesn't receive updates, was I lied to?

Do you niggers realize how incredibly complex and huge the Firefox codebase is? The sort of work that has to be done to fix it isn't something that can be done by just some guy in his spare time. It's the same reason why there's not a decent botnet-free chromium fork; there's just too much to audit and rewrite.

But sure, keep eating shit and pretending you like it.

New release literally days ago:

Ungoogled is alive and well, but of course its updated slower than the original.

Iridium and inox patches are more or less its predecessors which are far less updated nowadays. Ungoogled is amalgamation of the two, and by far the most popular and regularly rebased to to recent chromium tree.

Note all these memeforks (of chromium and firefox likewise) tend to lag behind originals by a major version or two, especially the binary builds. Unless you're infosecfag actually tracking CVEs, it might be safer to stick with botnets - those are much more aggresively kept up to date in the long run.

kill yourself. Fuck blink, it's shit.

Mozillas Chrome similar new product is also shit. So you have either the option to use shit which has no unique feature set or shit which has.

I would say the choice is an easy one in that one.

Ack, what's with all this vivaldi shilling. Vivaldi is by far the slowest and bugged out chromium fork. Electron style nodejs and html dom to replace native UI? I know it's cheap to hire devs for that, but who the fuck thought this was a good idea...

In comparison, yandex and chropera are decent chromium forks (and both push their changes upstream, unlike vivaldi). Of course those are botnet too, but at least you have a choice of the feudal lord you want to serve if you want to be babysitted.

It's MSIE5 of our times. Hate it as much you want, but you're forced into using it.

Yandex is shit anyway. And Chropera is total shit as Opera is first a Chinese software now and they betrayed their users in the past same like Mozilla will do soon.

Actually the 3 only good options available are now Qutebrowser, Oter-Browser or Qupzilla.

Brave is also ok, because it has a conservative development team which is not SJW influenced and they add many privacy features like integrated No-Script and many others.

lmao
Nah, he was right, you're a moron.

Also, the same applies to all the retards who circlejerk about browsers.

You faggots are fucking cancerous. Truly. How about you actually discuss technology. You're worse than Linux distro shitflinging. Just kill yourselves, faggots.

why not just use Tor browser?
you won't use customization there anyway for privacy and security reasons

I judge the browsers by their code (which is partially visiblle for yandex and chropera by their upstream pushes), I don't give a fuck which corporate body owns it.

Vivaldi code is visible too. It's literally 2MB of minified js and html app bolted on gutted chromium. People using that shit literally fell for a webapp meme masked as a browser UI.

qtwebkit memebrowsers . No extensions, no "correct" typesetting, no ... you name it. It's useless to browse modern webshit. If you want to use a meme, you can ditch webkit/gecko bullshit altogether and stick with something cute and sane, like arachne, netsurf or opera12 (now opensource!). Web will be just as broken as with qtwebkit memes, but at least it will run on a toaster.

Really? Because from what I've heard, I can still use Firefox perfectly fine, especially when they release Servo. If Servo is as good as everyone reports, it will blow Blink out of the water, and Chrome will be dead. Why the fuck should I switch to a soon-to-be-obsolete botnet browser?

Want to know how I know you are a Googleâ„¢ shill?

Another one of the hardcore Mozilla apes. Firefox will only be an almost Chrome clone.

And no one will use a cheap Chrome copy as the origin is out there already.

It as same unlikely as if suddenly all people would decided to use Brave just because of some security features.

Firefox heart and soul have been expert users which Mozilla discards to gain simple autistic users who only accept simple and minimalist features and design.

And that kind of user base is dropping a browser instantly as soon as the developer makes the smallest mistake. That kind of users have no loyalty.

Expert users had. They have been the vocal part of the user base which made Firefox great. Exchanging them against a simple not loyal user base is a "great" idea :D

And there is another point worth to be mentioned. Google never betrayed their user base, they always stood at their side and delivered what they wanted. Simple features, not complex functions, cheap skins. And the user base loved it and adores Google for it.

The same users see that Mozilla has no user loyalty, sell their origin users, they see that Opera has no user loyalty and selling their users too.

Now woud you use a browser where you will be sold once you serve no longer a purpose for the developer team? :D

This whole idea that Google will be defeated is rubbish.

That is also what Mozilla dreams of. They do everything to be like Chrome to get all Chrome users. They say they do not care about influence or market share, but every decision they make leads into that direction that they do care for it :D

It's as simple as that!

Exactly, that's why I choose Firefox.

And with that you are supporting a cheap Chrome clone disgrace with a different engine.

Waste of time you are :D

Mozilla is a radical leftist Nazi group which is refusing to support Christianity and Conservatives and instead values SJW and safe-space freaks which are the most racist human beings who want Islam to dominate the world!

I suggest when you have a wife you buy her a head-scarf as soon as you can, just in case your masters will demand that from you at some future point!

Well done sir!

I hate to tell you, but the entire browser UI and extensions are built on the same JS+DOM platform. Throw out the JS engine, and all the UI code and extension compatibility goes out the window.

Yeah like... uh....

(Heil'd)

Look At This Failed Shill Faggot And Laugh

>>8ch.net/tech/chrome.html

These posters/poster are shills, trying to spread FUD about security and privacy, and may work for Google. Do not listen to them, no actual Holla Forums user would ever advocate for using Chrome or any of its derivatives. This is shilling through and through, and it's been reported. Fuck you Google.

pure coincidence

Can I use Midori instead? What is even the issue now with this drama? Will some web 3.1 "features" not work or what is it

srsly, Shlomo?

Well, if Mozilla is becoming like Chrome, why should any sane person use Firefox?

There is no real difference anymore. And a Chrome imitation is always inferior. That is for sure not shilling.

That actually is not untrue.

Firefox defined itself over it's unique customization abilities. Something which Chrome does not have.

That was the selling point why most people have been using that superior browser. There is also a difference between old Mozilla team until version 4 and the Google inspired developers which joined afterwards and took over.

If you define your own identity inferior in comparison with a competitors product and you try to reinvent yourself to be attractive to the users of the competitors software - this is no good sign.

And this should not be tolerated.

Think about it. It makes sense. Nazi is the ultimate term to describe mentally deranged groups and people.

Actually it does not make a difference if you are left and mentally deranged or right and mentally deranged. As the result is in both cases unwanted and unneeded.

If you are discriminating people, opinions or your own users you are either assholes or just Nazi dirt.

A logical conclusion to which eveyone with a sane mind is coming. This is a no-brainer conclusion.

Also, you mock users who want a more feature rich stock feature set? Seriously? Are you really mentally sane?

Why is it wrong if a software is more feature rich? Features and functions are no bloat.

Go back to the rock from which you are coming, because you are the shill. You advertise a simple feature less future and you paint that as most attractive to everyone.

But i am afrait, the opposite is the case.

Discrimination is life. Gas yourself.
>>>/auschwitz/

What for a noble opinion you have. If we all would try to be less arrogant, more understanding and less discriminationg, this whole planet would be the world of our dreams.

So i suggest people like you should gas yourself, as people like you are the reason this world is such a hellish place int the first place - with all due respect!

This actually makes sense as long as said features can be sanely provided by addons. Most users (normalfags) don't care about features and get confused by UI elements that give access to them. They want shit to just werk. Giving them a very simple base application plus a robust extension platform that enables power-autists like us to opt-in to features is a reasonable compromise that keeps everyone happy.

Because Google is a non GPLU licensed "browser" that is actual Freeware, and spies on you, you massive fucking kike shill Reddit spacing faggot

I am not believing that you are one of the power autists. And i am also none, i am a rather simple user who does not customize it's browser, but i have solid respect and understanding for the users who actually want more!

The thing is both we simple and the other users have earned it to have our features included into the main product. Minimalism and simplicity and advanced settings do not exclude each other.

I keep it always that way, what i am not using i do not use. I am not that arrogant to say that others should have not the benefit of their option set just because I actually want stuff to be simple.

That is how a sane and actually intelligent person does argue!

You do know that Chome and Chromium/Chromium based browsers are not the same?

Also, i am using neither of them. So i suggest you swallow your hard feelings and think about what you have done, bro!

It still phones home to Google,[9] and for some time, snuck in a binary blob for voice recognition whenever you started it up.[7] This has been removed by the project maintainers,[8] but it should raise some concern over what else could be lurking in the code. However, if you absolutely must use a Chrom* based browser, Iridium would be the best choice, as it is a FLOSS fork of Chromium stripped of as many botnet features as possible.

Also, if you use and support Blink, all competition is destroyed. You are advocating for Google to have a monopoly on web standards, and with their botnet products. You are fuckingretarded.

Nobody is stopping you from installing those addons.

Well, Mozilla is instead a discriminating imposter developer which apes a competitors browser.

That is not much better. You see, that sucks too.

>If we all would try to gas the kikes, this whole planet would be the world of our dreams.
FTFY

The reason this world is such a hellish place is kikes, and they have to be gassed starting from you, Chaim. With all due Zyklon B.

Only a blind man would argue that Mozilla is better. They have the same troubled opinion about the capabilities of todays users like Google or Opera does have.

The thing is neither Mozilla or Google should be used. They are actually not really competition, they are the same. If you support Mozilla, you support Google. If you support Google, you are supporting Mozilla.

Mozilla and Google are both a big disgrace for all honest developers.

It's not even features. Base chromium (with google bullshit patched out) or the same with sanitized firefox (ie palemoon et al) are pretty basic browsers with not much additional features other than "viewing modern webpages and supporting extensions to make the experience somewhat tolerable".

We're talking about compatibility - its IE5 over again. Except this time, it's google (through its market share) and mozilla (through their politicizing of w3c) are doing this shit. Even fucking microsoft tried to pull brakes on it - look up w3c webrtc ml convo where microsoft guys were proposing _sane_ things, compared to the utter and complete bullshit webrtc turned out to be.

When microsoft is the reasonable one, things are getting dire.

So, yes. The only opensource browsers compatible enough to view majority of webshit is chromium and firefox (and their forks obviously). This is completely unrelated to politics of any given company, we're speaking merely in terms of code.

Everything else - qtwebkit/blink with custom UI chrome, or gecko without ff xul/np chrome is a meme toy you throw away the moment grow tired that half of the current webshit simply doesn't work with those.

I am using personally Otter-Browser with the revived QTWebkit.

I have no problems with it. Runs rather good, and it works for all pages i visit.

Use Icecat or Seamonkey, simple as that. Fuck you shill

And on my Mac i use Safari. As i am not interested in supporting Google and Mozilla.

Hell, even Edge from Microsoft is the more sane product compared to Firefox and Chrome or Chromium or Chromium based browsers.

You are really clever aren't you? So you are using the browser of Google slave Mozilla just because it is FOSS and even if it would be totally feature less you still would be perfectly happy because it is FOSS?

Such mental zealots like you is the reason why we are moving backwards instead of forward.

Congratulations Plain Jane!

Too bad KDE Fiber turned out to be vaporware. It would have been a great browser.

In June 2005, after some criticism from KHTML developers over lack of access to change logs, Apple moved the development source code and bug tracking of WebCore and JavaScriptCore to OpenDarwin.org. WebKit itself was also released as open source. The source code for non-renderer aspects of the browser, such as its GUI elements, remains proprietary.

Eat shit and die, alphabet soup agent faggot.

It would make sense to use products which try to be unique and are not stock crap.

And not crying out because browsers should not be used because they are not FOSS.

You really have not much of a brain as i can see. Don't worry, you are not the only stupid zealot around, if you take a look around in the world, you find many bros and sis which are the same crybabies and demand their safe-FOSS-space ;)

You DO realize how leftist this does sound? So amusing!

Since you may legitimately have autism, let me help you out:

The four essential freedomsA program is free software if the program's users have the four essential freedoms: The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0). The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2). The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

>>gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

The difference between me and you is that i define my intellect not over freedom and Open Source but instead over unique options a software is delivering.

And i tell you something more bro! Mozilla would still be respected and be adorable and cute as they have been in the early past if they would not attract such zealots like you, if they would not bow down to feature and functionality restrictions because of their competitors battling plans.

Who cares, it's just about Javascript. Don't care. Webshit should work with out it, if it doesn't, it's cancer.

You complain that others call you racist, Nazi, fascist, asshole or whatever...

But what do you expect? If one is expressing in a way which offers that conclusion, what else should the one be called?

That is something which you really should think about.

1/10.

First, most meme qtwebkit browsers simply crash on js/ad heavy sites, usually thanks to using some meme rev of jsc/renderer, instead of frozen rev.

Second, advanced ad and tracking removal is not even feasible there as there are no extensions to accomplish so.

Third, ton of sites simply don't work with qtwebkit/custom chromes. It may not seem like it, but browser chromes tend to do *a lot*. Like expose advanced js features (webgl, webrtc, cookies, localstorage...), handle low level visuals, from intricacies of font rendering to display lists, form elements, all network code and on it goes. Unfortunately websites are designed so shit these days they depend on that crap being peculiar to particular implementation in chromium/firefox - safari and msie to a lesser degree.

You're right that the only half-decent webkit browser other than pre-blink chromium is safari, but just barely. Hey, this is casual macfags we're talking about. Just like Edge, the browser is only as good to render alexa top 10k. Casuals will be fine with it, but most other users will eventually switch to something which always works, instead only most of the time.

Here are 2 quotes of comments on Ghacks which i find rather inspiring and show the issues of what Mozilla does have quite clearly.

and the second:

The thing is both Mozilla and Chrome/Chromium i am unable to use because of my personal beliefs. I guess i am at least also a zealot like many other people because i prefer to have that point of view ;)

Every fool can be free, but not every fool can handle stuff properly which he is experiencing during his day to day routine!

If I were to stick to my beliefs, I'd stay with gopher and usenet, instead of modern webshit and webforums including this one. Unfortunately I can no longer afford to be an ideologue as we've since long lost that momentum, if there ever was one :(

>>>/reddit/

Usenet... IRC and telnet bbs is what i do prefer. And using my good old Amiga 500 - 4000 machines ;)

Nah, machines definitely got more efficient. Don't want toasters and modems back, I'll keep my E5-2620 xeons and 1GbE ftth thank you very much.

Paradoxically, we got in here thanks to all the faggots throwing more hardware at the problem, making software all bloaty and progressively less efficient (most visible in web standards).

This is why I kinda like iPhone - despite the business model being so cancerous, at least the OS and ecosystem is efficient - giving the same user experience on a toaster as android os could barely produce on machines 5x more powerful.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well, have you seen some recent Amiga or C64 demos? So damn impressive :D Retro is the future :D

kill yourself, It's as simple as that!

Can't say I disagree.

Actually that is what you zealots do not want to see. That Mozilla is in some ways even more a shame than Google.

Leftist zealot stays leftist zealot, sorry bro :)

upvote.

Words of wisdom, and there's no reason to use palemoon, if it follows firefox over the cliff.

you talk like a fucking tourist. Please refer to my aforementioned request.

Dunning-Kruger: The Thread - "Day ending in 'y'" Edition
In today's weekly installment of our resident drooling retard concern troll ideas guy running his mouth off, the same shit you've heard before for months. Special guest star: absence of ghacks.net blogspam!

And you desperately try to defend a developer which has crossed a point where it can't be defended without humiliating yourself.

But i can understand where you are coming from, even if you beloved bitch falls into your back, you have to defend her because guys like you are always falling for the femmes fatales ;)

Admitting otherwise you would admit that you have been abused and raped. It is always important to keep your pride and integrity alive.

Keep on trying, you have my support :D

The opening post actually is asking a legit question. What to do now where Pale Moon dies?

Why would he complain when people praise him?

If it takes more than one person to fix it, then find more than one person. What's stopping you from forming a programming syndicate for a specific software project? It's only yourself. You refuse to invest yourself into your software.

Fuck this. I'm gonna go back programming and make konqueror great

Just use Cyberfox. Palemoon has been shit for like 2 years now.

I'm a Muslim.

Firefox is the original. Chrome copied Firefox and will always copy Firefox.

All the cancer was in Chrome first.

Wew

These browser threads are always the same.

Everytime

The tardyness is inevitable, everyone is a web browser expert, they use it every day! I suppose it at least promotes some of the saner forks.

Nice subs

This got me haha

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

notabug.org/141243/presto