Drupal member sent out after BDSM lifestyle revealed

Drupal member sent out after BDSM lifestyle revealed

by Brian Fagioli

The head of Drupal, Dries Buytaert, has asked a longtime contributor Larry Garfield to leave the project soon after it became public knowledge that Garfield practises a BDSM lifestyle. In a statement, Buytaert said Garfield had been asked to leave, "because... he holds views that are in opposition with the values of the Drupal project". He did not specify what these views were, adding that he would not have discussed this issue in public and was only doing so because Garfield had posted about it.

Garfield disclosed in his post that he was involved in both the BDSM and Gorean communities. The latter sub-culture particularly focuses on the master-and-slave dynamic in sexual relationships and associated forms of female submission as portrayed in the Chronicles of Counter Earth novels. Hardly any of the comments responding to the post were supportive of his ouster. Buytaert said there were many omissions in the post that Garfield had made. "What makes this difficult to discuss, is that it is not for me to share any of the confidential information that I've received, so I won't point out the omissions in Larry's blog post," he wrote. "However, I can tell you that those who have reviewed Larry's writing, including me, suffered from varying degrees of shock and concern."

Drupal, like many other open source projects, has a stated goal of welcoming and accepting all people, no matter their heritage, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity or other factors. Buytaert said the manner in which the information about Garfield, which he had referred to as not being divulged, had been shared "was shared by others in a manner I don't find acceptable either and will be dealt with separately".

"However, when a highly-visible community member's private views become public, controversial, and disruptive for the project, I must consider the impact that his words and actions have on others and the project itself. "In this case, Larry has entwined his private and professional online identities in such a way that it blurs the lines with the Drupal project. Ultimately, I can't get past the fundamental misalignment of values."

One Drupal member, Alex McCabe, who commented on Buytaert's post, indicated that Garfield might have been asked to leave because he had constantly omitted women from presenting at Drupal conferences.

itwire.com/open-source/77399-drupal-member-sent-out-after-bdsm-lifestyle-revealed.html

garfieldtech.com/blog/tmi-outing

drupal.org/association/blog/a-statement-from-the-executive-director

Other urls found in this thread:

drupal.org/node/2863181
drupal.sh/karoly-negyesi-chx-ousted-from-drupal-community
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA00Y5210794&cm_re=imbedded-_-9SIA00Y5210794-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Repent!

*as long as those things reduce the number of whites, your fucked up mental illness is useless to us if it creates more whites. Its why we hate trailer trash and insult them constantly while defending black gang members

women at those conferences present the most boring, mundane information.

Been learning web design from scratch lately. How is Drupal different from all the other shit out there like Wordpress, Bootstrap, etc?

Keep learning, get back to us in 6 months.

Oh no, it must be really bad if it's so terrible they can't show it on a Christian manga!
Calling it now, guy pissed off Buytaert or some of his buddies and is thrown out under the pretext of being a pervert.

Not that I think this is fair at all, but where would you fags draw the line? I think something so heinous the person actually gets thrown in the clink, like Reiser.

How does it matter if the guy murdered somebody or likes to slap his girl around? I draw the line at activities that compromise trust in his work, e.g. working for a certain secret service that is known to sabotage software or being a scammer.

They both grow on trees but oranges are a juicy citrus fruit and apples are more fibrous pomaceous fruits.

That's not really a fair characterization, since part of the whole lifestyle thing is finding a girl that gets off on being slapped around

The Druplicon bot is on strike
drupal.org/node/2863181

My point is: Even if she didn't want it, does it really matter? If he doesn't slap around his colleagues, it doesn't really influence the project.

Drupal banned another dev in November
drupal.sh/karoly-negyesi-chx-ousted-from-drupal-community

>We are now looking forward to Linus Torvalds to be shown the door from the Linux project. He has long steered it abusively and has even been identified on mass media publications as a verbally insulting jerk. Him being a white male, the epitome of exclusivity, is just the cherry on top.
This HAS to be satire, r-right guys?

Kek, the niggers actually presented the "offensive" comments he made. All of it I checked is calling out idiots when they shit up the project, exactly what I expected.

Given current trends in tech, I wouldn hardly be surprised if not picking enough LGBTQWTFBBQ blue-haired trannies to speak about gender issues was the actual reason.

PATHETIC.
Sexual lifestyle is completely personal business.

I'm going with them being so incompetently retarded that they don't know why Linus tells people they're goddamned retarded. (It's because people are being goddamned retarded)

wouldn't be saying that if he was a pedosexual, would you?

also
top kek, WHERE IS THE NEXT EPISODE JONZE

is right, morality is not "personal business". If you're pervert, you must be ostracized.

Wait, isn't it also possible that Garfield likes to be hit instead of just the other way around?

"Gorean" stuff is based on a planet in bunch of scifi novels where women are enslaved.

the article suggests otherwise.

>Garfield disclosed in his post that he was involved in both the BDSM and Gorean communities. The latter sub-culture particularly focuses on the master-and-slave dynamic in sexual relationships and associated forms of female submission as portrayed in the Chronicles of Counter Earth novels.

oh, thanks for clearing that up

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI GIVE ME THE BOTNETOLI

Isn't it an argument often repeated by fags, that two consenting adults are free to do whatever?

BUT NOT IF WE DON'T LIKE IT CIS SCUM

Take it from someone who believes that homosexuality is a disease that must be cured: I don't give a shit as long as people can keep it private. Don't be a fag at work, do your job and don't act like you represent the company. As long as people don't do anything illegal and don't drag the company's name through the mud (like posting gay shit on Twitter when your profile says "XYZ at shitcorp.com") I don't care.

That rule applies to fags only.

doesn't sound exotic enough so he's not a protected xenoclass of people

we have always been at war with east asia
we have never been at war with eurasia

if you can kick out perverts for doing BDSM you should be able to kick out reprobate freaks for being faggoty dogs

I'm sure if he was into femdom instead of maledom he would have been praised as a role model.

guess i'm never using drupal again then

these fuckers really are marxists, and they really do hate western civilization

absolutely sickening

What kind of reaction is that? It would just have asked Larry to post nudes. Watch them, laugh a bit, because of his kinkyness and ask him question about his kinky interest over a cup of coffee.

Why don't you like Karl Marx? He was merely theorizing the rebellion of the workers as the opression and exploitation of them increased. It is slowly happening, you just don't see it. More and more companies are now owned by the employees. Equal pay for everyone.

fuck off lying commienigger

I can go anywhere I want, you're the one being exploited like a slave by your capitalist overlords. They even manipulated you to defend them.

I'm sorry, but someone's personal life should hold no bearing on whether or not you get a job. If you come into work, and you do your job with in the parameters set out, then this is nothing more than a job lynch mob.

I don't agree with the BDSM lifestyle, but I wouldn't kick someone off my team because of it. Next it'll be because someone likes blondes over red heads, or that someone likes anime, or someone uses Linux of Windows. SJWs have shown in the last few years that if you disagree with them in any way, you should be punished.

Standard SJW reaction. You should know, they're on your side. Remember when these Drupal faggots apologized for giving out free playboys in one of their events? (Playboy's publisher in Germany was one of the idiots paying for the event and gave the satanic magazines for free)
Not that user, but I have nothing against Marx (I didn't finish Das Kapital though), only against people who claim to be Marxists but are actually in it merely to destroy civilization because they hate our race. You faggots claim to be for the workers while doing your best to decrease the pay and jobs of the very workers you claim to defend just because they aren't brown enough for your sick fetish.
Meanwhile, here on Earth that isn't happening. In fact, the pay gap between top executives and everyone else is getting wider. Small shops close down every day and are replaced by another chain owned by international capital.

That's surprising in these fucked up times. It would be less surprising if he got bullied for calling poz fags the degenerate fucks they are.
Nevermind. Getting pegged and watching while being cucked by a black stranger is progressive, but that's just patriarchal and problematic on so many levels I can't even.

There is no capitalist overlord over me.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA00Y5210794&cm_re=imbedded-_-9SIA00Y5210794-_-Product

That said, and I speak from the position of someone super heavy into BDSM, the books the Gorean lifestyle came out of are shit. People talk like robots communicating through IR ports.

Never trust a Georgian

So he got kicked out because he's a mysogynist dom instead of a submissive on "the right side of the history" ?

The funny thing is feminists are very often subs.