Tens of Thousands of Infowars Accounts Hacked

Tens of Thousands of Infowars Accounts Hacked

Tens of thousands of subscriber accounts for media company Infowars are being traded in the digital underground.

Infowars, created by famed radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, produces radio, documentaries and written pieces. The dumped data relates to Prison Planet TV, which gives paying subscribers access to a variety of Infowars content. The data includes email addresses, usernames, and poorly hashed passwords.

The administrator of breach notification site Databases.Land provided a copy of 100,223 records to Motherboard for verification purposes. Vigilante.PW, another breach notification service, also has the Infowars dump listed on its site, and says the data comes from 2014. However, every record appears to have been included twice in the data, making the actual number of user accounts closer to 50,000.

Motherboard tested 20 random email addresses and their corresponding usernames on the signup page for Prison Planet TV. Of those, 19 were already linked to accounts on the site, and although one email address wasn't registered, its username was.

At the time of writing, two victims in the dump reached by Motherboard confirmed that they had signed up to Infowars/PrisonPlanet.

Infowars did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The passwords are hashed with the notoriously weak MD5 algorithm, meaning they should be trivial for hackers to crack. Indeed, Motherboard successfully obtained the actual password for a number of users with a free online service.

The user accounts are in a SQL format file, implying that the data may have been obtained via SQL-injection, an ancient and yet often still effective type of web attack. (However, exactly how the data was stolen from the site is not confirmed).

The lesson: Users can never really be sure how a website is going to store their passwords. Instead of gambling, and just hoping that they've been hashed appropriately, users should make sure to sign up to different services with unique passwords. That way, when one site is hacked and its hashes cracked, the damage will be largely limited to that one site.

Another day, another hack.

motherboard.vice.com/read/infowars-accounts-hacked-prison-planet-alex-jones
motherboard.vice.com/read/infowars-accounts-hacked-prison-planet-alex-jones

And this isn't even the first time it happened. Just goes to show you how much Jonestein cares about his retarded followers…

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/J6uan
i.imgur.com/fYWuO.png
theinfounderground.com/smf/index.php?topic=13182.0
archive.is/6hk0c
alexjonesexposed.info/alex-jones-and-cia/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fug, my archive didn't paste
archive.is/J6uan

Could it be Clinton?

And what would the purpose of this, other than sending the tin foil community into a frenzy?

From 2010:

>Alex Jones' website used no real security used with the passwords. To make matters worse, Alex Jones did not even inform members that the site had been hacked. In fact, he tried to cover it up. A PrisonPlanet Forum thread was posted on the matter, but was swiftly deleted by moderators. Proof: i.imgur.com/fYWuO.png

theinfounderground.com/smf/index.php?topic=13182.0
archive.is/6hk0c

Because infowars is the biggest media outlet reporting on the mena connection and the body count etc

Fuck off, are you guys now attacking the filter man? You jews are really a bunch of rats. When you're going to force the dead nigger baby bait?

you mean hilldogs death squad?

How fucking new are you? Shabbos Jones was never liked here.

Assuming you're dumb enough to pay for a PrisonPlanet.tv account, has AJ warned you that your account was likely compromised?

(((Hacked)))

Circumstantial ally (((user))).

I hate it when journalists try to write about tech.

Intimidation. It's sending a message that pretty much says, "Your information is not safe either".

I'm guessing it's either:

1, Her promoting him obviously brought in a lot of new subscribers, so now would be the best time to steal data.

2. He handed over information to someone, and the "hack" was used as cover. I think Hal Turner did something similar.

Alex usually desperately tries to inject himself into every national story, it was really strange that Hillary named him in person.

And I thought the Brexit V's Remain campaign was dirty.

Email shredding, barbells on necks, (((mysterious))) deaths, snowden leaks, conspiracies, cock tweets, kick back fund raisers.

Starting to sound like some mafia trilogy than an election.

If Alex Jones is so untrustworthy then why does Trumps good friend and operative Roger Stone pal around together?

The more third world the population is the more corrupt it's going to be.

Clearly Hillary destroying another one of her opponents. Alex Jones gets nothing from this, the only one who profits are his enemies.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until it nears October. The really extreme tactics will be deployed closest to election day.

I-is that Miriam X Alex Jones rule34?

Free helicopter rides payed for by Killery?

Because they'd rather draw people to him that someone credible, who names the jew, and is actually a threat.

How does this destroy Jones? There were no repercussions for him from the 2010 hack.

Trump fired Stone from his campaign because he thought he was using him for publicity:

Jonestien has thousands of followers who will shell out the shekels for Stone's shitty "conspiracy 101" books.

It's all about personal gain, not AJ's integrity.

That does make sense, Stone is a relentless self promoter.

I thought he left in order to distance the books and leaks from Trump.

this…

Nah. The jonepot just opened it's valve for their controllers.
Remember that Jonesy's an alphabet.

This. Alex Jones is a confirmed C.I.A./Stratfor operative. All the data he has on his subscribers goes directly to the U.S. Govt.

Nope, not strange at all. Alex Jones is a deep-cover U.S. Govt. intelligence operative, and Hillary Clinton obviously is aware of that.

alexjonesexposed.info/alex-jones-and-cia/

Because Roger Stone is a C.I.A. agent just like Alex Jones is. Spooks stick together.

This.

happened in 2010

sage and report this sliding niggerfaggot

This is a new hack, Infowhores nigger.

Actually it wasn't a real hack. It was just C.I.A. agent Alex Jones passing his subscribers' information to the NSA.

I bet it was those dang dirty nazi globalists that did this. Damn them and their calcified pineal glands. If only they had used Porpur Water Filtration™ they could have stopped the fluoride from invading their systems and with Bio-True Selenium™ and DNA Force™ they could have repaired the years of damage the DARPA rays have done to their HPG Axis.

Checked.

It sounds like they need better security. One of you NEETbucks collecting IT-faggots should hit the man up for a job. Just think about all of that conspiracy theorist chick pussy you could get by saying you work Alex Jones. You've got Flat Earther girls, New Age channeler girls, girls that think they were abducted by aliens, and more!

So, basically it's nothing.

No threat of identity theft, no credit card numbers, no personal information at all except an e-mail address?

Yes but when you buy a membership you can share it with 19 friends! it's BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!

#FilterGate

CIA disinfo, only an idiot would subscribe

Fuck, get ready for a run on aluminum foil.

Aluminum foil doens't block microwaves.

Which is why they keep telling you to use aluminum foil.

BTW, the OTHER definition of Foil, is to prevent a plan from working.