Complaint/microblog

My prof is refusing to install 7zip so they can open a fucking .tar.gz file. The assignment required GNU/Linux. This fucking guy can't open .tar files.

When did you realize you were going to a diploma mill?

Go to your department chair. This guy sounds like he's a fucking retard.

this. Assuming you aren't full of shit, and you have a legitimate case, you can argue for your point with the department head. If the course needed GNU+Linux, you have a right to send a .tar file and expect him to know how to use it, especially if it's a comp/sci course

I was in a hardware/OS/dos/command line class and the prof was giving everyone a copy of noobuntu to test out linux and then told us all he runs win xp on his home computers and "doesn't' see a reason to upgrade." Also had a technical issue with a printer that took me about 5 seconds to figure out and I ended up having to walk a stubborn retard through printing a pdf through a browser. After being told "this isn't how we do this" 4 times she finally ended up printing it out.

My fucking sql teacher also got rekt by a first year and refused to admit it after blatantly being shown wrong through execution. Just so much shit college was such a fucking waste of time and money it's embarrassing.

School like to save monay by hiring people to read out the course slides to you.

Computer guy who uses a non unix os is probably not a good tech guy. I had to use wndows for a few weeks and i felt limited by the crappy command line. If your prof is on win xp it confirms that hes a luddite

Is that one of top unis/colleges? Hope that's not a fucking 3rdworld university.

the prof (most) probably got hired for having a 'teaching certification' and fucking colleges suck because they don't screen them for computer 'technical skills' because the school directors, HR are all dinosaurs who play windows solitaire.

Did you ever experience a teacher being prideful about them being able to do a entry level assignment for his class in 5 minutes
while it takes you an hour or more?

OP, learn some humility. I guarantee you that your teacher knows thousands of things that you probably never even heard of; you're not smarter simply because you know how to type in "tar -xvf"

I had a teacher who specialized in VLSI design, and was an absolute wizard with Verilog. He worked in the industry for 15+ years and worked on things such as hardware accelerated video decoding, DDR3 memory controllers, and ARM CPU's. But, he was completely inept at using anything with a GUI, so he would start every lecture fumbling around with his Mac for 10 minutes before loading up the presentation off of Google docs.

Not an argument. Also, humility is for the weak (if you know you don't have knowledge in one domain and don't remedy, it's obvious mental weakness; unless you don't care about said domain).
VLSI and GUI have nothing to do with each other. UNIX/POSIX OSes and tar have.

lol n00b

Excuse me my friend but that appears to be a wooden shield

t. rs_L337_pker98

i see something brown at the bottom of the shield that made me think of the Sq shield, which bends exactly in that angle.

So I decided to bust open my $650 mom's prebuilt to see if I could upgrade it.

God, how much I regret doing that.

It's so fucking shit it's like someone tried to shove a laptop into an atx case. Motherboard's using DDR3L dance dance revolution 3 :^) laptop-tier ram, has no expansion ports beyond a lone PCI __, 2 SATA ports, there's this huge yellow collored cancer block in the middle which acts as cooling for what I assume is the InTelAviv CPU/GPU dual core hybrid. There's an empty slot for yet another laptop RAM stick which I don't even think that will work as I doubt that the motherboard supports anything beyond 4GB.

The case itself has room for 3 DVD drives, 6 HDDs, 6 card slots at the back which will be never used and the wiring is a complete fucking mess which doesn't even make sense as the thing lacks any fans except for the PSU's. You could have a fucking picnic under the picoATX motherboard the size of a gook's penis.

The fucking PSU is a 500W model which has several spare molex and sata connectors, all ready to taunt whoever decided to see the interior of this abortion.

You enter a classroom, have a senile fuck tell you to read a book, you go home, read the book only to come back and have the same faggot ask you questions to prove that you opened the book at least once. Repeat until you get a paper saying how much of a failure you are.

And you wasted years and money doing that.

If I went to class to learn subject A and the teacher was instead a master in subject B, I wouldn't care about how much he knows B, I wanna know A.

Am I the only guy who had decent, competent and sharp teachers in uni?
I did go to a technological institute though, so I guess it might be a plus

OP never said the class was about Linux, he said an assignment required Linux, which is very different.

Based off the OP, it sounds like he didn't listen to assignment requirements and turned in the wrong file format. As far I see it, if you can't even use the correct file format, you should be humble.

where i come from schools have two tiers of classes
Main classes can include :
Intro to programming,Intro to Unix, Intro to Algorithms etc
And Secondary classes can include:
SQL, HTML etc

secondary classes are classes that the school things you should master with little to no help.
In those classes they place horrible teachers that cant speak English and probably pay them a third of what they pay real teachers

Nice blog liked and subscribed

What the fuck is wrong with you?

lol no

I'm guessing that hit a nerve, you soft, weak ass faggot.

I took EE and all of my professors were fantastic.

Nice.

Uni is only shit if you take shit classes.

Did he say in advance what formats are allowed? I swear to g-d I will find you if he did and it didn't include gzipped tar archives, people who send obscure (or proprietary) formats to correctors are a pest.

Did you ever bother to think that your professor is teaching you an important lesson which went over your head? Of course not, you're a retard who needs someone to hold his hand and have everything explained, hence why you're in school to learn computers when most people who actually have jobs never bothered with a CS/MIS degree. So let me hold your hand like the retard you are and explain it to you, you're going to fail in the business world because you wont listen to the requirements of consumers and instead try to force them to install 3rd party programs unnecessarily. You could have just created a normal zip file that he could have opened on any fucking computer using the tools already built in to the operating system. But no, you wanted to force him to use software which only comes with one major operating system, so he failed you, with just cause.

It's spelled "God," Schlomo.
>>>/oven/

Let's be honest here. Given the recent steep decline of intelligentsia in academia, it's most likely OP's professor is a pleb. What kind of cunt would "teach a lesson" like this? Only an opinionated, self-rightous SJW-type that needs to diguise their power-trip under the guise of "helping".

Secondly, I have managed to shift clients into using non-proprietary. Once they depend upon you, they adapt to you.

Fuck, we recently even managed to get a bunch of PC plebs to start sending us data with GPG.

a fantasize about befriending a sissy on hrt and eventually get drunk with him and fuck him

which is weird since im not gay

lmao just use winrar or something

Good job opening a new thread about .tar because you ( ) got rekt ( ) in the data compression thread.

Well aren't you a special fucking snowflake then?

I thought winzip can open tar.gz files? I haven't used it in like 10 years though.