Racists destroy historical monument

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/346557-protesters-topple-confederate-statue-in-north-carolina

Protestors toppled a Confederate monument in Durham, N.C. on Monday night.

Video posted to Twitter shows protestors surrounding the statue and chanting “No KKK! No fascists! USA” as several protestors appear to pull down the statue with a rope.

#BREAKING Protesters in #Durham topple confederate monument downtown pic.twitter.com/a3BNIavyxC
— Derrick Lewis (@DerrickQLewis) August 14, 2017

WNCN reports the statue was dedicated in Durham in 1924 and was located in front of a local government building.

The statue represented a soldier who fought in the Civil War and an inscription on the front read “The Confederate States of America.”

One organizer of the protest told WNCN that toppling the statue was in response to the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. this weekend.

“It needs to be removed,” organizer Loan Tran told the news station. “These Confederate statues in Durham, in North Carolina, all across the country.”

The protest follows the “Unite the Right” rally in Virginia this weekend, where white supremacists, white nationalists and neo-Nazis gathered to protest the city of Charlottesville’s decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

The rally quickly turned violent after a man drove his car into a group of peaceful counter-protestors, killing one and injuring at least 19.

Yeah, God forbid they topple a statue that represents the fight for the right to own human beings as slaves. So racist!

Pay attention in class tomorrow, okay kid?

I think it's appalling that action is being taken against the protest group based on violence started by the counter protesters.

Your history class was shit. Each state issued a Declaration of Causes of Secession, and practically all of them talked about literally nothing except the moral righteousness of slavery. IIRC only Texas or one other even bothered to mention the monetary effects of slavery as an argument, and still then, nothing that wasn't about slavery.

The civil war was literally all about slavery, as stated by the seceding states themselves.

Also, before you get butthurt, I still agree that the people OP is talking about are abhorrent, and I'm pissed about how the stuff in C-ville is being lied about by the media, but that doesn't make it okay for you to blatantly lie about history, even if it is a lie that is very frequently repeated.

No, the war was about state's rights vs Federal regulation. Slavery was one of the major sparks that set it off, but the war wasn't about slavery.

The war was about the southern states trying to leave the union because they feared that the federal government would try to make slavery illegal. It was about their right to have slavery be legal. They issued statements saying why they were seceding, you can read them yourself. They're all about slavery.

Ironically, they probably never would have been able to make slavery illegal without the pretense of civil war, at least not for a good long while.

These (((people))) resemble more animals than humans. Look at the herd behavior. This is textbook irrational cluster a/b/c disorder stuff.

Of course they are going to keep finding reasons to keep provoking until they are put down like the mad dogs they are. Or mad pig, for that redhead's sake.

Protip: people don't go to war and die over ideological issues that don't have an effect on their economic well-being.

"Blow them up!"
"Tear them down!"
"B-but muh history!"

Yes they do. All the time. The regular soldier goes to war for all sorts of stupid reasons of honor and patriotism and nationalism when really they're just propping up the economic interests of their masters. The regular joe rarely has anything material to gain.

Protip: a roastie did just that when her friends attacked a car and it ran her over.

states rights were to prohibit/to allow slavery, so you're arguing semantics and abstractions, schlomo

As anons have already pointed out, there were other factors involved, but slavery was front and center. Learn2history

Churchill a faggot but he was right

if you really think this you are retarded

I'm only paraphrasing the states themselves. They, at the time, literally talked about nothing but slavery when listing their reasons for leaving the union.

fat commie hypocrite sluts BTFO

I'm a racist so I approve of this

KEK, cartman was so redpill

they had other motives
control
slavery is lame though. only weak men rely on people to do the work for them. neither of us were there so it's not relevant.

control is indirect slavery, i already said this you honkey ass cracker

you said this and to me? when?
you didn't though

back off

i posted it earlier in the thread, silly kike mofokker
go get yur honkey ass back to germanny, nasty ass kraut ass slacker

This reminds me of how ISIS blows up historical figures because it goes against their religion.

Curious world.

Uneducated historically illiterate cuck.

Isis is not islam

Also reminds me of how ISIS drives vehicles into crowds of people.

I'm just a fencesitting centrist though, shame on me for not endorsing at least one of these!