Wikileaks releases darkmater files, Apple users will still consume their darkmatter with joy

wikileaks.org/vault7/darkmatter/

Nothing new it's a Polichinelle secret.
RMS was right again.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-CIA-NSA-FBI-and-Homeland-security
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This means UEFI is more than likely compromised as well.

Current Macs also use x86 processors, so it's safe to say that x86 processors are likely compromised as well.

Dank Matter - new Holla Forums project to rewrite UEFI

There was already a previous UEFI exploit showcased in the initial Vault 7 releases. UEFI is a security nightmare.

Didn't the Snowden/someone else leaks demonstrate that the NSA was intercepting HDDs to infect their firmware before market? What is even the fucking difference between NSA and CIA at this point?

The NSA was doing it with other hardware, not hard drives. The infected hard drive firmware was from the Kasperky Equation Group report and could be done remotely after hacking a machine normally.

Glad I used legacy bios. Didn't tech susspected efi to be botnet in the first place.

Damn. Libreboot save me.

Except they will publish Linux exploits as well.

Read a book and you'll find out.

This is hardware level of course it can.
RMS was right again means that every piece of software (even firmwares) needs to be under the GPLv3.

quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-CIA-NSA-FBI-and-Homeland-security

Firmware being under the GPL doesn't save you from firmware having an unnecessary amount of attack surface.

No but most of the close to the metal developer community knows that the UEFI is pure shit.
It if the firmware was under the GPLv3 (since it provides protection against tivoization) they could have made a good/better replacement.
Much what is happening with coreboot but with enormous constraints and reverse engineering.

I don't believe you can switch off UEFI
if you have it, it is there, even if you enable legacy bios in the settings ,right?

Has I understand it yes, legacy is just some sort of emulation.
Maybe I am wrong do.
Anyway if UEFI is not removed completaly their is still a chance for it to be reactivated.

The 68K Macs were pure genius. The GUI was part of the firmware. It's truly amazing how they could pack so much useful functionality in such a small space (by today's standards). That's what you can do if you had only a few models of hardware and no legacy code.

What do they have now? UEFI, DOS stubs, POSIX, BSD, and x86. All braindead legacy crap that isn't even theirs. They can't run MacOS 9 programs without third-party software, but they can natively boot MS-DOS from a USB drive.

this is an outrage!

MACFAGS BTFO

This is more than just macfags that are btfo since this implies uefi fuckery

That freedom sure feels good user.

How do you know this? Have you personally checked all of your outbound traffic at any given moment? For all you know you're probably being spied on right now and you don't know about it out of ignorance due to a false belief that you are invulnerable.

So was Apple compliant with this? How does the CIA get access to all of these "fresh iphones"?

I would surprised if they stopped consuming it, that would be truly mysterious.

Not user and not as secure as user, in fact right now I'm using Mint! But I've actually written a script that continuously parses /proc/net/ (similar to netstat) and notifies me of any connections that I didn't explicitly whitelist. My whitelist is very minimal: tor, wpa_supplicant, dnsmasq, dhclient. I never see any other connections, except for when I open them myself, such as on the rare occasion that I use wget. I've disabled all services on Mint that I don't use though, otherwise there would be more shit.
My point is that firstly, it is possible to monitor your connections. And secondly, even on a configured Mint you can expect not to see any "botnet" running - unless it is able to torify itself which I didn't see in any of the Wikileaks files.

Yes, I keep logs and read them, I haven't found something suspicious.
Now I do it only from time to time since nothing alarming has revealed itself for a very long time.

I wonder how many people in this thread have actually taken the time to read this leak. All the attacks listed either require either hardware implants or physical access to the device in order to flash the firmware on that device. This is nothing new, and no computer will ever be safe if you're letting spooks have physical access to it so that they can flash your firmware or swap out hardware components. This should have been obvious to people after the Snowden leaks.

read nigger

Yes, the CIA can intercept items being shipped to the people they're spying on and tamper with them, just like the NSA. The Snowden leaks already went over this. I sincerely hope that no one here is stupid enough to read that as the CIA mass infecting all iPhones headed to certain markets.

fake news
mac cannot get viruses

I agree but the CIA could have replaced the software in the assembly lines of china/apple.
China isn't know for their industrial inside security.

It doesn't change the fact that the hardware needs to be freed too.
This isn't new and just adds more proof in the already enormous basket of proof that already exist.

If back doors are being added to every device from the factory, then that would mean those devices would be making it to the US as well, and that opens up the shitting where you eat problem with back doors as it would allow foreign actors who discovered that back door to use it against any US business or government personnel who use those devices.

Not really. Either they have a procedure to disable the backdoors, or they just get their shit from a non-pozzed factory.

Both of those options would greatly increase the amount of people who would need to be involved and have knowledge of the back door's existence, which would only raise the chances of it being discovered.

What is a binary.
What is activated on demand or only certain hours.
Anyway when it's so close to the hardware there is little chance for people to investigate a closed binary blob.

Something that doesn't stop exploits from being found.

Something that would make it all the more obvious that something is seriously wrong, when someone's newly found exploit only works at certain hours of the day.

Except that hasn't stopped people from finding cell phone baseband exploits to give presentations on.

these holes are likely already patched since that time

Except it is not how it happened

If you did not build your phone from scratch then it 100% has hardware level malware built in.

This. Whoever uses phones and computers is a cuck.

Meh, both are entirely possible, given their budget. The fact that you want to pretend only one is possible, based on a single picture, is suspicious.

Not to mention furry mascots (Kiki is cancer) and video games.