I don't get love.

Adam Diaz
Adam Diaz

Someone called me a psycho the other day (I think it was dysnomia) and it got me thinking.
Does anyone else here have literally no idea what love is? And I don't mean never experianced it, I mean have no concept of it.
Whenever I hear a love song or someone's breakup story I'm just baffled. Same with seeing it in films. The way people describe it makes it seem like something out of this earth, something that has a priority over all emotions, resoning ect. I just can't get a picture.
And it's not just romantic stuff, family love freaks me out to no end. I can think of film scenes where a character risks getting the entire party killed for a baby, that blows my mind. Or when family members refuse to turn each other over because of these "family bonds"
Am I retarded? I just never understood it. I'm not against empathy, but why do people give special treatment to their family members?
I googled "explain love" and got this shit. Do you see what I'm talking about? It's all nonsense.

Other urls found in this thread:

people.howstuffworks.com/love6.htm

Nicholas Ross
Nicholas Ross

Oh and by the way, I got a broxy just for this post so don't even think about it government.

James Mitchell
James Mitchell

Even my autistic friend understands love. You're probably just psychotic. Sorry user.

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

Thanks for nothing.
Care to explain?

Michael Bailey
Michael Bailey

what is love

Henry Cooper
Henry Cooper

You are an edgy faggot. Go ask this question in reddit

Grayson Johnson
Grayson Johnson

My serious answer is that love is different for everyone. i.e. no one can answer this question, because your definition of love would be different.

Brandon Fisher
Brandon Fisher

Love is like cocaine. Addictive and your heartbeat literally speeds up when you see them. You spill spaghetti and feel weak, arms heavy. You follow them around and talk to them as much as possible just to get "high". Movies portray this as a good feeling, but honestly it isn't. You'll hate yourself for having a weak spot for the person involved.

Thomas Martin
Thomas Martin

love is benis in bagina

Mason Adams
Mason Adams

Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive.
But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood.
Blood is compulsory.
They're all blood, you see.
<Is that what people want?
It's what we do.

Juan Barnes
Juan Barnes

I know what love is. I feel it. I know it. I guess there are these people who call themselves psychopaths, people who shy away from love, but maybe its just because you are afraid. There is really no method of measuring love.

Jaxson Jenkins
Jaxson Jenkins

I get your reference, but you still suck you know. But i still love you.

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

i know what it is but I'm not going to tell you hee hee

William Rivera
William Rivera

I love you.

David Ward
David Ward

At least for me, romantic love is like a very extreme form of fondness. Just thinking about or looking at pictures of the object of your affections will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You'll smile involuntarily even. You'll think that they're cute, beautiful, endearing, and many appealing things, and you'll want to make them happy. If you're really in love, their happiness becomes your happiness. If you want to think of it purely rationally you'll start doing things for them, just to see them smile a little. All their little pleasures are felt stronger by you. But the same thing goes to all their little pains. It's this that makes people act irrationally with love.

Mason Collins
Mason Collins

No, OP just has autism

Gavin Ortiz
Gavin Ortiz

He's right.
It's like trying to explain the color red to a blind.
You'll know when it happens to you.

Jose Thompson
Jose Thompson

I had a priest tell me this once. Didn't rape me it was a shitpost on twitter. Fuck that guy.
Sounds like a thing you'd want to avoid to be honest. Yet it's always shown as a good thing.

Cameron Gutierrez
Cameron Gutierrez

shit taste

Eli King
Eli King

Its one of the best feelings in the world tbh, better than drugs, no hang over. I'm not going to say it doesn't lead to people doing stupid things sometimes, but when it works out correctly its just two people making each other feel wonderful and taking care of each other.

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

It's like drugs but no side effects* ;-)

*except when it doesn't work out
Yeah I'm good.

Nathan Bailey
Nathan Bailey

I'm no fucking priest. But there is a choice involved in happiness. You have the power to deny anything, even love. I'm a pretty spiteful person myself, but life is short, and there is no one to spite

Juan Nguyen
Juan Nguyen

better than drugs
Not really
The scans showed increased blood flow in areas of the brain with high concentrations of receptors for dopamine – associated with states of euphoria, craving and addiction. High levels of dopamine are also associated with norepinephrine, which heightens attention, short-term memory, hyperactivity, sleeplessness and goal-oriented behavior.
people.howstuffworks.com/love6.htm

Camden Jones
Camden Jones

A lot of people are soulless energy vampires and you have to either kill them or get them out of your life also kys pls thx

Kevin Foster
Kevin Foster

alright… so i was gonna lurk but i had to say this. I've been in love twice in my 18 years of life. the first time destroyed me, niether of use were ready and i ended up an emotional wreck and felt the effects for the next 3 years after it happened, she ended up attempting suicide and failing. we don't speak anymore. the second time took me 9 months to realise she loved me, she helped me get over my issues and now i'm helping her get over hers. she makes me feel like a human being, like i actually deserve to exist and be happy and i see her eyes light up when she looks at me and i feel my own eyes do the same.

yes, love leaves you vulnerable and you might get hurt… but that risk is worth it for feeling like you're the reason someone gets out of bed and smiles to themselves every morning.

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

Love is just a higher level of biological manipulation employed by your brain to adapt to your higher freedom of choice due to intelligence by using the emotions it comes with against you.

Nathaniel Hughes
Nathaniel Hughes

yes it has downsides and might ruin your life but THAT FEELING DUDE
It's like we're in an 80's PSA and you're describing a drug.
I have no idea what you're saying.

Wyatt King
Wyatt King

Don't use your intelligence to trap yourself.

Connor Morales
Connor Morales

Was batman an egoist?

James Ramirez
James Ramirez

Might this be a reaction/learned response to a bad childhood? I've the same thoughts as what you are describing, but slanted a bit; I know what love is, and can experience it, but when I do I feel dirty, or otherwise that something is wrong. In my childhood love was a commodity, or a trade good. It was earned, and standards for getting love were high and often shifting.

I know that there are different forms of love; romantic, platonic, physical attraction, fascination, and complex - but I have a hard time understanding how to express or recieve any of those forms. It makes no sense that someone would prefer a relative [due to the lack of being raised in a loving family], but it is suitable that one would express some form of love an individual/idea/pet/hobby, etc.

When I see parents hug their children it looks just wrong and alien. When I see couples in public, I think "how much is she getting off of him?/ is he manipulating her with money?" Love is just a toxic idea, and best left to occassional fantasy.

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

You're probably autistic. Listen to this and see if you don't feel some type of way

Levi Evans
Levi Evans

Ego is just concentrated attention.
Batman is a fictional character.
You are real

Kevin Howard
Kevin Howard

see if you don't feel some type of way
I feel annoyed/slightly angry but that might be beacause of this thread.
Like I know this guy is going to write a "sad breakup song" later in his life.
Actually isn't this song somewhat old? Wasn't it in Shrek?

Samuel Wright
Samuel Wright

I meant it like this.

Asher Kelly
Asher Kelly

I'm sorry, but nigger music just isn't for me. I don't like niggers.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit