Tonight I'm taking it easy and watching X Men: Apocalypse

Tonight I'm taking it easy and watching X Men: Apocalypse.

Capekino general.

Fuck my life. I downloaded a version with hardcoded subs in chinese or some shit, so I didn't get ANY dialog in the prologue.
Good thing I already know about Apocalypse and Egypt and what the Horsemen are.

Also: loling at pic related. She protects A-man's body with a bubble as rocks fall onto it, and the rocks don't crush him after she dies.
I have no doubt that the rocks happened to fall into an oval cocoon that will remain structurally sound for thousands of years.

shit thread, fam

by gays, for gays

True, this thread is severely lacking in actual capekino.

I was being just a tiny bit facetious

the x-men films could have really rocked, since there's a lot of interesting source material there, but sadly they let bryan singer make the films his pet project. these films are so strange. it's like there's an attempt at having continuity, but there's not. i don't feel like putting in energy to explain it fully, but if you've seen this stupid shit, you get my point. also, the casting is hit or miss. hugh jackman, great job. patrick stewart, obvious choice. and then there are the female leads. halle berry can't act. jennifer lawrence is absolute trash as mystique. i could type more, but i just don't feel like it. man, x-men was my childhood and it's tragic to see a fag drag the franchise through the mud for over fifteen years… fuck it

So is this a different angel from the one in X men 3?

They really needed to put Apocalypse on some stilts or something. I mean, he's SUPPOSED to be like TEN feet tall, but to be practical, having him noticeably taller than everyone else would do.

I'll watch capeshit granted no one has super powers. It doesn't have to be "believable", but it should be grounded in some sense of reality. I used to watch TDKR obsessively though and drink heavily and used to think I was Bane and trashed my apartment one time. That's a whole other story though. Careful with capeshit.

Holy shit that was a good line. Works perfectly in context and everything.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck was a god damn nuclear bomb doing sitting there under a school full of explosive people?

Mother of fuck, Hank!

Is that edited?

No, that whole sequence was just variously okay-to-awful looking.

I guess you don't really notice it with the quick editing.

Jean comforting Scott about his brother's death:

Y'know, I can't help but think that a war with mutants would have been kicked off a LITTLE earlier if Magneto had been tearing apart landmarks across the globe simultaneously as far back as the 80s.

That sounds like a way more interesting story than any capeshit movie.Do share user.We wont laugh at you.

Capeshit's a helluva drug.

The original trilogy went rebutted in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
So, NONE of this will happen anymore.

Oh right, did they bring Scott back to life at the end of that or something? (which would indicate as much)

It's a long ass story, too much to type out. Just a bunch of shit in my life meeting and colliding. I was angered at a girl, had drank a lot, and had been taking both klonopin and xanax. Started prank calling places, cussing people out on the phone, calling shooting ranges and asking them if they would give me a gun. Called one of my exes who used to have a restraining order on me but it expired. Went outside my apartment with a knife and popped random tires for no reason. Mom tried to come over and calm me down. I was throwing dishes at the wall. I kicked in a tall mirror. Started writing bat symbols on my refrigerator door with a magic marker. Had a rubber Bane mask that I was wearing. My mom eventually called the cops. They told me to put down the knife, which I did but then lunged at them and acted like I wanted to take their gun. They tased me and I kept struggling calling them pussies and they tased me again. They put me in cop car and took me to hospital to take the taser plugs out of my back. But when they left me alone in the holding room, they left the door unlocked and I was able to leave. Ended up running out of an emergency exit and walked all the way back to my apartment barefoot with handcuffs on. Couldn't get into my apt because it was locked and being in such a daze I thought I could go to my mom's house and she'd saw the handcuffs off or some shit (no idea why I thought this. In retrospect I should have just broken into my apt somehow and drank the rest of my beer). My mom called the cops again when I arrived. I tried to run and hide but they eventually caught me on the side of the road. Finally took me in. Went to jail and sat there for almost two years waiting to get indicted. Then had to do 9 months in a probation camp. Learned to have a deep hatred for niggers from being around them for so long. It was fucked up. There was an article online about it but I can't find it. They might have finally taken it down.

I'd penetrate that Storm if you catch my drift.

Well at least you have a conversation starter user.

Still bugs me how they made Scott the younger brother rather than Alex.

Makes sense, practically speaking. If you're going to do a prequel in the 70s, Scott's brother is a good character, thus he needs to be the older brother.

more like "by gays, for boys"

I watched suicide squad extended edition

It still jumps around and doesn't make any sense but I still enjoyed it and I don't really know why

They bring Scott and Jean

Yeah, I suppose she dies in the same movie.

Man, that's a hell of a retcon to just wipe out the first three movies. (or just the third one?)

The first 3 and the first 2 of Wolverine

This movie was so disappointing, only the magneto and xavier scenes were worth anything

and the scene where magneto's family is killed is so jarringly out of place with the tone of the rest of the movie