Dumb Question

I've been using my public IP address to browse this board for about 8 months now.

How fucked am I?

Your fucked rating is: kill yourself/10

Basically, the FBI knows. Shut it down.

You're already dead, kiddo. You just don't know it yet.

I don't even know how to set up a proxy, and have using this shit hole for 2 years

Proxies and VPNs are for tinfoil hats that think the government is watching them fap. As long as you aren't trading cp or looking for ways to blow up buildings the government doesn't give a shit what you do on the internet.

t. fbi

Look let's be realistic here there are too many real criminals out there for any government to waste resources on logging every shitpost someone makes on an anonymous imageboard.

In the 8 months all I've done is lurk. I haven't been shit posting sadly and when the anti and paedo shitstorm comes into full force I hop on my VPN, open Tor and watch the thread shit itself.

This place is great but a little slow sometimes ;_;

You do know that they can see everything you save off of the site user?

Any cp pics you saved are going to be used in court if the local authorities bother following up on the mods' tip off.

Well no shit?

I have no interest in CP itself, I come for the discussion and the shit storm that follows when its posted because it entertains me.

I haven't manually saved any CP off this site because what would be the point? What would I do with said CP? Those images/videos don't do anything to me, they don't arouse me nor even phase me. I'm a fence sitting faggot and I'll probably be one til I die.

Is this actually true? Do ppl look at this?

No you're safe user just torrent all the CP your heart desires.

And if you are under 18 they know and tell your parents

I'm not asking about torrents or even ISPs. I am asking about the people who run the site or even just the mods being able to see who saved a certain pic or video in a thread?

liar

that's what they all say

From what I've gathered we're all fucked. Fugthelug v2

Not sure how I prove that to you but to each to its own.

Why can't they just leave us alone? ;_;

datamining is free af that's why

Is it my fucky resolution, or is that girl in stripes super hot until you get to the cankles?

those are some great udders desu

Goddamn these tits are amazing

Huh…

God damn you I can't unsee it!

Functionally, there should be no difference between looking at an image/video and saving it to one's drive. I highly doubt there are many sites out there that log the IPs of every file access.

Doesnt all web servers log every requst by default?
At least apache2 does that.

Also: in logs clicking pic/video = same as downloading the media

Apache logs the URI you are requesting. However, because it's a (relatively) fast moving imageboard, that piece of information is useless after some time has passed because the underlying ressource doesn't exist anymore. On paper at least; you might be able to trace it back to the old ressource with some kind of third party archive / snapshot / wayback machine.

That makes sense; thanks for explaining.

I loathe working on server-side stuff so I just said what my intuition told me instead of checking first; namely that if every single request were to be logged, the log files would end up growing to an untenable size quickly with a larger user base.
If a user, for instance, loads a page, on modern sites he or she doesn't only send one request, he or she sends a request for every single file that is loaded later by scripts (images, scripts themselves, stylesheets, and others can be handled as one request from my understanding, but given the nature of imageboards, most image requests would still be handled after the fact).

But yes, apparently servers do log every single request by default.

the 'i have nothing to hide argument'
the real worry is the high-rate of error

the 'we don't have enough servers' argument lol
lol

this. shit jobs like like this don't attract decent developers so any tracking software (like most software nowadays) is going to be somewhat shitty / disorganized. think about the simplest way to track the most important things, and how and where that would be implemented.

I always look how to make bomb tutorial but never make them.

wat if tor is a honeypot

wat if ur a shill

What if everything is a honeypot and we're all fucked