Buchanan Is Too Wrong to Correct

Buchanan Is Too Wrong to Correct
articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/31/opinion/op-28208

Politics: As a presidential contender who winks at barbarism, Pat Buchanan can't be dismissed as merely quirky.

October 31, 1999|DONALD J. TRUMP | Donald J. Trump, a developer in New York City, is exploring a bid for the Reform Party presidential nomination

It's time to stop patting Patrick J. Buchanan on the head and dismissing him as a good-hearted eccentric. It's time to start taking this man seriously as a political threat.

Buchanan has singled me out among his critics because I was the first presidential candidate to blow the whistle on his latest revisionist rantings. While it took other Republican presidential candidates four days to locate their sense of outrage–and George W. Bush has yet to locate his–it took me only minutes to issue my denunciation of him.

The argument I am having with Buchanan is not an academic exercise. Yes, it began with the publication of his recent book, but the dispute quickly moved to the heart of public life. Buchanan is now arguing his position in the context of a presidential campaign. He not only is seeking to rewrite history but to have his shabby and dangerous views ratified by popular vote.

Buchanan winks at barbarism in his new book. There is no other way to describe his views. Buchanan argues that we should have ignored Hitler's rampage to Eastern Europe during World War II. Hitler meant us no harm, Buchanan says. The same man who argued forcefully–and in my opinion correctly–that we should not give an inch during the Cold War is now saying in effect that Hitler should have been appeased.

We have no choice but to assume that had Buchanan been president, he would have allowed Hitler to wage uncontested war on defenseless civilian populations. We must also assume that Buchanan would have conducted his policy with the belief that Hitler had no ill-will toward the United States. He would have been our version of Neville Chamberlain.

To echo the words of a noted historian, Buchanan's ideas are so wrong that a person who sets out to correct them doesn't know where to start. Besides the fact that Hitler declared war on us–an interesting way to conduct a hands-off policy–he ordered the creation of a fleet of warships and bombers that would allow him to take his war to America's cities. Surely Buchanan doesn't believe that Hitler's Amerika bomber was envisioned for any other reason than to slaughter the U.S. population. Surely he is aware of the damage U-boats did to U.S. shipping immediately off our East Coast.

However, there is a larger issue at work here. Buchanan has enjoyed a long psychic friendship with Hitler, whom he has called "an individual of great courage, a soldier's soldier and a leader steeped in the history of Europe." He argues that the gas chambers at Hitler's Treblinka could not have actually killed Jews. He has gone to great lengths attempting to technically clear war criminals. And he has complained that Jews are obsessed with the Holocaust. Yes, the man who praises Hitler for being "steeped in the history of Europe" accuses Jews who are steeped in their history of engaging in "group fantasies of martyrdom."

Public discourse in this country doesn't get any uglier than that.

Yet Buchanan tries. He also warns his followers that the United States is controlled by Jews, especially regarding foreign policy. On slow days, he attacks gays, immigrants, welfare recipients, even Zulus. When cornered, he says he's misunderstood.

While he has not taught us anything about history, Buchanan has once again told us a great deal about himself. It's time the United States learned the lesson of who Patrick J. Buchanan really is.

The fact is, he has a deadly serious purpose. Buchanan is rewriting history and spreading fear for one purpose: To gain political power. That makes him a very dangerous man.

Unfortunately, Buchanan is very much with us. He has remained a major media presence throughout these scandals, and he has high hopes of hijacking the Reform Party presidential nomination. He has struck out with the Republican Party and is now grasping desperately for a new political vehicle–and the $12 million in campaign funds that comes with it.

I will do all in my power to see that this hijacking does not succeed. Nor will I stand idly by as Buchanan promotes his dangerous ideas. Others have already fallen silent, but silence is not an option. There is far too much at stake.

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157509509515725
archive.is/kUskZ
archive.is/4v2PE
archive.is/C7Vdz
archive.is/eUPLx
archive.is/Jvogr
archive.is/jZsuG
archive.is/Ifprj
archive.is/Yn8bF
archive.is/YOMh9
archive.is/MvupZ
archive.is/NZANv
archive.is/4nF6X
archive.is/aZPys
archive.is/eEteU
archive.is/zBZj7
archive.is/tHutK
archive.is/unkNa
archive.is/zWFyK
archive.is/04M3t
archive.is/aGsOd
archive.is/ngpwt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stormtards blown the fuck out.

WALL OF TEXT SHILL

Moshe, please, IDs are a thing here.

I won't correct what you did wrong here:

And I hope other anons don't either. It shows just how new and blatant you fucks are.

That's right, Trump niggers. Just ignore this op-ed piece that your kosher messiah Donald Trump wrote for the Los Angeles Times in 1999.

If you ignore the fact that Donald Trump is a complete and utter fraud, then maybe somehow he'll magically be authentic.

You said nigger! Shlomo is going to send you through sensitivity training now. Say goodbye to your 0.50$ for this thread.

Wasn't trying to pretend to be a different poster, Trump niggers.

But feel free to remain delusional and stupid.

Oy vey! Vote for Trump!

Something something hillarymissile something something corrected the record. Still voting for him faggot, go waste your time at a liberal news site where they agree with your shit.

Oy vey? That's anti-semitic my fellow goy. If you keep this up, Shlomo will dock your pay.

if you keep writing stupid stories about kikes killing SS guardsmen while taking an 8mm Mauser round to the shoulder with nothing but a hatchet maybe the holocaust will become real

No right-thinking Holla Forumsack truly sees Trump as a messiah and should be repulsed by all the kosher ties, but that there's a chance for the wall, deportations, and the continuation of the 1st and 2nd amendments, he's worth it for now. Also, there is absolutely no denying that whether on purpose or not, Trump has ripped a hole in the fabric/matrix of the world of Political Correctness.

wtf i hate trump now

OP, seek help.

Five posts? Man, you shills have no stamina. Just like Hillary.

wtf I love Buchanan now

"This is my pledge to the American people: as your President I will be your greatest champion. I will fight to ensure that every American is treated equally, protected equally, and honored equally. We will reject bigotry and hatred and oppression in all its forms, and seek a new future built on our common culture and values as one American people."
facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157509509515725

“My longtime involvement in promoting some of the biggest boxing events in history has allowed me to become friends with men like Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier,” wrote The Donald. “Through them, and through more recent friendships with Puffy Combs, Sammy Sosa, and others, I’ve had the chance to learn firsthand about the diversity of American culture, and it has left me with little appetite for those who hate or preach intolerance.”

“One of our next president’s most important goals must be to induce a greater tolerance for diversity,” he wrote. “The senseless murder of Matthew Shepard in Wyoming— where an innocent boy was killed because of his sexual orientation — turned my stomach. We must work towards an America where these kinds of hate crimes are unthinkable. There are some issues I don’t want to say much about. I support a woman’s right to choose, for example, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures.”

delet ur accuont

You know the funny thing is Pierce called Trump out in 1999 as well when Buchanan was drawing criticism and he said that in the future, the capitalists would turn on the Jews when they finally understand that the Jews will inevitably destroy America.

how many Holla Forumsacks would like to be judged on their opinions from sixteen years ago?

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Donald Trump is a bigot and a racist
archive.is/kUskZ

Anne Frank's stepsister compares Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler
archive.is/4v2PE

If you are a Jew, you should be very afraid of Donald Trump: Trump has always appealed to bigots. His address to a Jewish coalition confirms that he's an anti-Semite himself
archive.is/C7Vdz

Jewish Groups Join in on Bill to Block Trump's Muslim Ban
archive.is/eUPLx

Six Reasons Trump Would Be Disaster for U.S. Jews, Israel and the Middle East
archive.is/Jvogr

Trump more psychopathic than Hitler, Oxford study finds
archive.is/jZsuG

Citing 'Core Beliefs,' U.S. Rabbis Condemn Trump's 'Hateful Rhetoric'
archive.is/Ifprj

ADL Calls Trump Plan to Ban Anti-Semites ‘Anti-Semitic’
archive.is/Yn8bF

Trump’s Candidacy and the GOP Platform Are as Much anti-Jewish as 'pro-Israeli'
archive.is/YOMh9

Is Donald Trump’s Inadvertent Anti-Semitism Worse Than the Real Thing?
archive.is/MvupZ

Attacked by Trump, Mexicans look to Jewish groups for help
archive.is/NZANv

Trump, Brexit, ISIS and the Unmistakable Stench of the 1930s
archive.is/4nF6X

Jewish news organization declares 24-hour ban on Trump content
archive.is/aZPys

Time to Form an American Jewish Emergency Committee Against Donald Trump
archive.is/eEteU

Donald Trump is Losing Jewish Donors and Intellectuals, But Will it Impact His Bottom Line?
archive.is/zBZj7

Meet the One Jewish Group that Can Attack Donald Trump
archive.is/tHutK

Donald Trump Doubles Down on ‘America First’ Slogan — Whether Jews Like It or Not
archive.is/unkNa

Donald Trump Is a Candidate for White Supremacists — Not the Jews
archive.is/zWFyK

The clan leader of white Americans: Conservative David Frum perfectly explains how the disintegration of the GOP has created Trump
archive.is/04M3t

ADL Urges Donald Trump to Reconsider “America First” in Foreign Policy Approach
archive.is/aGsOd

Oy vey! Enough of Trump!
archive.is/ngpwt

I was a faggy liberal too as recently as three years ago.
>>>/ovens/