Healthy food, drinks and general Holla Forums health thread

Healthy food, drinks and general Holla Forums health thread.
I has been dawning on me that I have been eating mainly things from the microwave or noodle/soup cups for a while now.
It has gone so bad that whenever I eat proper cooked food, it feels like something celebratory. It is not good but I have not much time to cook due to lots of traveling between towns and such.
I would like Holla Forums to give me advice on proper food habits and maybe some recipes for fairly quick to cook food or something that could be put in the freezer to eat during the month.
I'm a student in FInland, in case anyone has regional advice
What really kick-started this for me was reading Er ist wieder da

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/16346/maries-easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast/
thekitchn.com/how-to-make-noknead-bread-home-109343
farmette.ie/2012/12/05/a-farmers-ramen/
germanfood.about.com/od/bread/tp/German-Bread.htm
peaktestosterone.com/Atkins_Low_Carb_Diet.aspx
anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/
ergo-log.com/exercise-and-low-carb-diet-combo-excellent-way-to-lose-weight.html
naturalblaze.com/2016/05/40-studies-saying-gmos-are-bad-for-you.html
unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/
lidl.fi/fi/ruokatarjoukset.htm?action=showDetail&id=28556
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#Mental_health)
sendspace.com/file/wg4jf9
neuroscientificallychallenged.com/blog/microbes-and-the-mind
spectrumnews.org/news/single-microbe-may-restore-social-behaviors-in-mice/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3547054/
youtube.com/watch?v=ditOuyMLmXA
mega.nz/#!MoU2BZ6D!MYE0JX35ewZs2xENwYuioMQtdDorT36TGazpLtIHJuM
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ_TXbFSDbY
mega.nz/#!Jh90Abra!EVavHUHkf4JWkSJHg1fGHyMQ_6VqysLMO8FbIGo4iu4
youtube.com/watch?v=J-dSJ1Hxc2I
mega.nz/#!sksBmQCR!l8tcrhxkpJAyjFwQZKD3S2s-pCiQf7kdTmI-oySq7Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=M4hKT403Zr0
mega.nz/#!A5cQVJ7J!X2__LvXlMYwYZpk-xVdhCZX66EhOKaBUqF5TtPE99eo
gsradio.net/shows/ted_broer/
mega.nz/#F!dl10QKiY!GFc1Ets0zQ1GqaIpYaFTXg
chefkoch.de/rezepte/1338991238751459/Knusprige-Bratkartoffeln-nach-Muttis-Rezept.html
imgur.com/gallery/Q0qb8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione
draxe.com/glutathione/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich
paulaner-brauhaus.com/data/Pdf/upload/pdf_moscowpaveletsky_bier_food_eng_deu.pdf
whole30.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Dash
chefsteps.com/activities/quickest-easiest-way-to-cook-vegetables
pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12734067
autoimmunethyroid.wordpress.com/2006/09/04/why-meat-prevents-scurvy/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytohaemagglutinin
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/29/long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-canc/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24148709
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27557655
gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26787953
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26384212
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26028703
activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/ftopic22-0-0-asc-.php
highsteaks.com/carnivores-creed/vilhjalmur-stefansson/
functionalps.com/blog/2010/12/12/low-carb-diet-death-to-metabolism/
raypeat.com/articles/
stressproofenergy.com/the-ray-peat-diet-explained/
raypeatforums.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympathetic_nervous_system
acnem.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
ibstales.com/equalactin.htm
health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/risk/studies/metals.html
foodsmatter.com/allergy_intolerance/nightshade/articles/potatoes_morrow_b_08_11.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks
archive.is/QKYC8
amazon.com/Ganjang-Premium-Gluten-free-Unpasteurized-Artisanal/dp/B00L9X4TRW/
youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM?t=3832
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you get a slow cooker and slow cook a stew or a roast for a few hours by the time you get home its ready to eat and tastes scrumptious. All it really costs you is a roast and some veggies , it also keeps a while for at least a couple days to a week

Fish is also a healthy and tasty option i dont know how cheap your fish is in finland but i can get salmon and cod for a couple bucks a pound and it can feed me real good

allrecipes.com/recipe/16346/maries-easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast/

Good slow cooker recipe

A long time ago I cut soda out of my diet (I saved my kidneys, but its too late for my teeth) and replaced it with unsweetened iced tea. Also I make it a point to mostly eat salads during lunch for my work week.

My go to salad is lettuce, sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots, raisins, sunflower seeds, and dried apple slices with balsamic vinegar (I find it has a good mix of sweetness with tartness).

I usually get tired of them around Wednesday or Thursday, when that happens I go grab a chicken Caesar salad from somewhere else. I try to avoid fast food, but I will get a burger or pizza slice once during the work week if Ive been having a rough day (or if I'm just really bored).

During the weekend I eat whatever the fuck I want, but even so I've lost weight doing this.

Berries yogurt and muesli.
Hitler had it for breakfast.
Amazing for your shitter.

I live in a 15sq meter room and the kitchen is common. Would that Japanese hot pot thing work?

Will do that

The kitchen will smell like good food and your roommates will probably ask you for some.

Let a swede save you, FinnAnon.

I normally eat a steak, you can buy them pretty cheap in the store, and drink 1 liter of milk. Food is done in 20 minutes.
A sirloin steak here would cost about 3-4 euros and then 1 euro for 1 liter of milk. If you want some sauce, then get some gräddfil (sour milk?) and mix in some good spices and such. It tastes great.

I think most hot pots, crock pots and slow cookers are about the same just keep the heat low and dont open the lid and your usually good

Research the paleo diet. Eat natural food: Meat, fat and vegetables. Try fermenting your own food and probiotics.

Stick to a keto diet friend. Its the best you can do for your health.

I have a juicer and I make juice every morning. My recipe is as follows per serving:

4 carrots
1 inch ginger
.5 cucumber
1 apple
1 lemon

This will give you a ton of nutrients and phytonutrients that you're missing throughout the day. I usually pair it with black coffee and a sweer potato for berakfast. If you want to make a sweer potato really easily, run it under the tap then toss it in the wave for 6-9 minutes depending on the size.

I just wanted to say FUCK YOU BOTH for making me want pot roast or stew this early in the morning.

OP here, connection died and maybe IP is reset

Hmm, pic is not as good I was thinking more of something like what Saitama did. It takes so little space and must taste amazing. I just gotta find an electric setup because gas will be costly (and hard to get here) and will burn down my room

Crock pot is a godsend, especially for people on the go, set it on low add meat veggies and seasoning, come back in 8 to 12 hours. My go to recipe is bone in chicken thigh (cheap because all faggots want breastfeeding meat now) juice from 2 small limes, red pepper or chili pepper, cook on low for 8 hrs remove to cutting board remove bones shred with fork. Place meat back in pot add favorite taco sauce or salsa ( one small jar will do for upto 3 lbs of chicken ) add frozen corn cook for 30 min. In that time cut letting tomatoes onions and ready shells/tortillas. Eat like a fucking beaner king.

Forgot to add, you can add in garlic, less more hotter peppers to taste and cilantro (be careful too much and the whole dish will taste like soap), all at the start of cooking.
Add half cup of water if you are going to be put the whole time, and if chicken is thawed. Frozen chicken will have more than enough liquid to cook entire time.

Thank you all. Anything for quick sandwich stuff? Are grilled sandwiches (or baked) good for a quick snack on the go?

Got any more local ideas? I am not really Finnish

Yea no

I accept that I'll die of butt cancer.

Pfft, can't handle the milk, shitskin? Finnish and swedish diet is:

There is mercury in most fish. Do NOT go on a fish based diet. All in moderation

I bake my own bread. I just got done mixing up two loaves of rye bread and setting them in a warm place. They'll sit for 24 hours and ripen, or malt or ferment or whatever you want to call it, and then I'll bake them at low temperature for about 18 hour. Rye flour, rye berries, and some chopped up leftover bread that I made three weeks ago (it keeps for fucking ever, especially if you put it in the fridge).

Two thin slices in the morning with a little butter will keep me going until lunch with zero issue or hunger. I tried eating grocery store "bread" this week to compare and it's fucking worthless. 100% whole wheat my ass, it's so nutritionally deficient that I feel hungry 30 minutes after eating four slices of toast made with the stuff.

If you use yeast and let it sit, that's called letting it 'rise'. The yeast cultures inside the bread and releases gas when it metabolizes carbohydrates, leaving you with bread with the air pockets.

I like to sautéed chicken with some seasoning, put it on some toasted rye bread with mayo, veggies and cheese. Tastes great and is easier to make then it sounds

There is no yeast or sourdough in this bread at all and it does not get air pockets, however the flavor noticeably changes for the better after sitting out overnight.

I'm part Russian, Finnish, Estonian and Ukrainian
And I already drink a liter of milk a day

What about brewing homemade mead? Is that a worthwhile substitute to good goy beer?

That picture isn't even hard. The green paste on the bread is a pesto which you can buy in paste form or make your own from the little packets they sell at wally world or can make from scratch if you're a baller.

That shit looks like you can build a bridge out of it. Try this recipe, mega easy, you just reminded me that I wanted to make a batch right now.

thekitchn.com/how-to-make-noknead-bread-home-109343

Try making spruce beer fam.

[/spoiler]Shitskin immigrant[spoiler]

go away kitchen-goyim.

I get it you don't like cooking and/or you're a mega lazy faggot, but don't project it on us please.

any of you niggers have some nice recipes for a cut?

Second pic looks more like cake. Also I pity those that live in countries with subpar breads

Brown rice, broccoli, caramelized onions, chicken. Startpage how to caramelize onions if you don't know how and make a huge batch so you can make your week's meals ahead of time. If you want a bit more flavor go ahead and cook your chicken with some spices. Always remember that capsaicin (the molecule that is the 'spicy' molecule, same stuff they put in pepper spray) is actually a food regulator. More spicy in food means your stomach will contract and you'll feel full with less.

My dick is diamonds

that is what I usually do but i'm getting really bored with it
Was thinking in adding in something a bit more complex, like salade niçoise or bouillabaisse, soups and korean shit like bibimpap

Nutritionally trash. Rye is hearty long lasting bread for living. Wheat is empty, and not because of the leavening air pockets either. We've engineered and processed out all of the protein, fiber, and minerals until all you're left with is starch powder. Historically wheat bread was very good for you and it's what the Western world lived on, but you simply cannot eat that sort of bread anymore because nobody grows that kind of wheat anymore, much less sells it un-processed.

Also this. Müsli with fruit is godlike. If you mix your own it's pretty cheap too. Personally I like the simple oats with banana slices in milk the most

Oy OP, lahtifag here, studying to be a cook. The basic cooking aint hard or time consuming and its cheap. But here's the thing: you gotta plan in long term. Cook bigger amounts of food and store it for later. Fill your cupboards with food that has long shelf life. Learn canning and right preserving.

But the best advice is, cook and eat with your family and friends.

I made a pretty hearty ramen the other day, even made my own noodles. Here's the recipe I did. I would suggest doubling the recipe because it takes a while if you remove the fat like I did. With soups like pho or ramen, fat is essential but you want to regulate it a little bit. For that you drop the stock in the fridge overnight so that the fat congeals on top.

farmette.ie/2012/12/05/a-farmers-ramen/

That's the farmer ramen I made, very good. The star was the egg that I let soak in soy sauce, worcestershire, ginger, garlic for ~10 hours after hard boiling for 6 minutes then running under a cold tap. You get a nice liquid yolk full of flavor, so great. I might go with an easier recipe for my go-to since that took so long, vid related is what I'm trying next.

What makes rye flour different?

cheers m8, that is exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking after

Also have a very uncomplete list of some delicious german breads. Most german breads are darker and use less or no wheat flour

germanfood.about.com/od/bread/tp/German-Bread.htm

Not many people realize that part of a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy gut fauna is eating cultured and fermented foods. Pic related is an easy source of cultures that contains good bacterias that your gut needs more than people realize.

Foods like sauerkraut, kim-chi, anything that is naturally fermented aids the gut in digestion and in keeping the gut clean. Most the foods we eat today contain little to no live cultures and I believe that's why so many people have digestion problems and poor eating habits as gut fauna has been linked to having pull in what you are craving to eat, be it good or bad foods.

Simply put: it's not as popular and grows in harsher climates, kike's can't make as much money off of it. We haven't built entire industries centered around extracting the absolute maximum number of empty calories per hectare of land like we have with wheat. Rye you can buy today has higher protein, higher fiber, lower sugar, and more vitamins and minerals than wheat you can buy today. Centuries ago the two grains were more comparable.

Sorry I got my numbers crossed while looking at the image. Disregard that one.

I guess I should also state that kombacha is very easy to make and recipes are readily available all over the internet if you are unable to find a source close to you.

Even better than constantly consuming carbs and sugar is just not to eat it

Sounds like coconut flour if you ask me, it's nice but it just doesn't make good bread. I'm partial to my focaccias though. I don't need to get my fiber from my flour since I get so much of it from other sources so that's moot, protein the same. The vitamins seem very negligible.

Fortunately I'm not fat, nor have I ever been fat, because I don't eat food "constantly". Maybe if I did I'd need to resort to some kind of unbalanced keto diet.

heretical. Low carb diet = low test

You need them carbs to keep your test high. The only thing keto is good for is for weight loss.

But its not a thing that is good for your overall health in the long term. Also, never heard of the glycemic index op?

That said, do look into making a good bouillabaisse, it's an amazing soup. I haven't tried it yet though.

Your body adapts to ketones. A proper keto diet has everything you need. All I can give you is anecdotal evidence. Research it for yourself and your body will thank you for it.

Your mind and body will feel like incredible. It not about being fat, it is about being healthy.

It's literally about losing weight, and has always been about losing weight. You feel incredible because you're no longer fat.

yeah I know, I'm french

I thought it was fat that influenced test production

Keto is a goddamn meme, your muscles literally work on goddamn carbs. There are even specialized keto diets, like the cyclical keto diets that take into account the fact that there are things like the glycemic reserves in your muscles.

You need carbs to get proper body function.

That's hilarious. Sex drive increases and helps testosterone. Fat plays a key role in hormone production.

Your not cutting carbs completely ya weenie. Paleo is more of a fucking meme. You can still get gains on a keto diet. But to each their own.

marinate chicken breast in italian dressing over night. then you want to grill it, slice open a roll, put light coat of basil pesto on, put chicken on roll, put thin slice on mozzarella. you are done. (put in oven on broil or something like that to melt cheese if you want)

You also need fiber in your diet to feed the healthy gut bacteria.

no there is no each to their own or whatever, we are humans and we have a similar physiology. If you dont eat carbs, you will get less test. No way around that. You are not a dog, or a horse to say that you can live and be healthy in a completely different diet. You NEED carbs.

But hey, feel free to deprive yourself of much needed natural test.

If you eat carbs on a keto diet then you'll never go into ketosis and thus invalidate the entire point of the exercise. I dislike the diet since it's been reported that the ketosis process makes your blood more acidic, and I don't need any help with that since this board turns my blood into battery acid on the daily already.

Absolutely. I always throw some raw chunks of tumeric and ginger in my shake for fiber. Tumeric is also a good way to help DOMS after lifting heavy.

here is a nice link with sources

peaktestosterone.com/Atkins_Low_Carb_Diet.aspx

It's a bit sophist to view the argument as 'carbs = bad/good'. The source of the carb and it's glycemic index also matters. Atkins was a Jew meme diet from the early 00's so I stayed far away. Anybody telling you that you should drink diet coke with neurotoxic aspartame instead of sugar is selling you your own illness.

If that's the conclusion you have come to then fine. Like I've said before, I can only give anecdotal evidence of my experience on Keto. I have several tests done already and had everything at the levels they should be. Just let OP use his critical thinking skills to make his own decision.

I think paleo is more of a way of life than a diet, you eat whatever you want as long as it is not processed food

The articles goes well beyond atkins, on the general topic of carbs.

Jesus you fucking daft retard. Eat fucking carbs and dont recommend your bullshit to other people

anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/

The only excuse for a keto diet is to lose weight

ergo-log.com/exercise-and-low-carb-diet-combo-excellent-way-to-lose-weight.html

There is a better diet than paleo, its called eating clean, and it means that you just dont eat additives or anything unnatural to it (like added sugars), while still getting all your macro's. Its the least meme diet of them all, and its the one that makes most sense.

naturalblaze.com/2016/05/40-studies-saying-gmos-are-bad-for-you.html

Organic
Grass Fed
Steak

Not him but I am eating carbs while being keto adapted. To carb up is a necessity especially since I'm lifting.

Fucking this

This is a trap for overweight idiots and is the reason most of the developed world is so god damn fat. You can NOT sit there and stuff your fucking face with steak 8 times a day and expect to lost weight or even be healthy.

Losing weight is straight thermodynamics. Eat less, do more, either or both must happen. That's it. You can lose weight by eating nothing but Twinkies.

Eating healthy like a non-meme human being requires a balance of macronutrients that roughly looks like 40% carbs, 30% proteins, and 30% fats.

being fat adapted is not the same as never eating carbs (keto diet). I too am fat adapted if I am working too long and have to rely on what little fat remains on my body (on 7% BF). but once I get home, or do workouts, I load myself with carbs up again.

Even if you dont do workouts, your body still requires carbs as your glycogen reserves still will deplete.

With the beef you can go to an organic ranch and see if they sell you the entire Angus processed. I really recommend you buy a sepersted freezer from your regular fridge.

I didn't meant as a way to lose weight or whatever, you just don't eat processed food as a philosophy. That's what i understood of the paleo diet in any case

Pretty much, and if you were to be more specific, as to regards to sports, you could also switch those numbers up from time to time depending on rest days and train days. To what your body needs. More fat and protein on rest days, more carbs on train days.

But carbs are absolutely a must have.

Sugars are not however. If you want to, you could forgo sugars completely without any ill effects to yourself. As for carbs, if you want to go the specific, most healthy route, complex carbs are the best thing.

Understood.

That's the fucking beauty of living in the south. Beef and chicken everywhere. I really need to buy a freezer.

You see, that is a bit silly.

unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/

The paleo ideology is mostly not very well thought off. I guess I could consider myself also a paleo faggot though, since I am actually eating as they would have eaten in the past, mostly. Only without the zealotry around the hunter gatherer man that mostly only eats meats.

u gotta grow and cook your own fruits and veggies. i can tell u how if interested.

I'm fucking snow white, you fucking spic.

Interested but my living quarters are 15 square meters including bathroom

This isn't >>>/fit/ , you double nigger.
Learn that this isn't the fucking entry-level board and that there are set standards to what threads have to be about.

do you have a place to grow thats not contaminated?

contaminated by what?

I wasn't recommending keto, I suggest you get some reading comprehension.

But, nigger, that was just because entertainers in general were worshipped. The same went for sportsmen, whores, singers. Good food can always be enjoyed regardless of decadence.

It's said that to have a sound mind you must first have a sound body. No one will be able to think straight if they have a hormone addled mind and body that basically programs them to be moob-having nu males. This thread is the sort of thread we've been having here for a long time, a variant of the toxicology threads.

Speaking of which I'm surprised nobody has mentioned water filters yet.

>>>/fit/

I think the person that is new here is you. You're the same type of person who sages the classical music thread as well. Go away. Esoteric thuleanism encompasses a broad spectrum of ideals.

>>>/fit/
I'll get my /fit/ on over at /fit/, this is Holla Forums

Jesus christ this is food for yuppies

Fuck that. Give me a healthy meal I can make for $1 a dish or less. Bonus if I can make a big batch.

My tiny wardrobe?

fish is this expensive at -25% off lidl.fi/fi/ruokatarjoukset.htm?action=showDetail&id=28556

but should still get fish regularly (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#Mental_health) unless you want to eat omega3 pills (← its in the name you omega) or fishliver oil or alternatively have to eat chiken eggs every day to get enough of it

anyone got any healthy recipes for tortillas?
my supermarket sells the wraps, i just have to fill them with whatever i want
and they taste great with some meat, and maybe mayo or something else to spread on it

sendspace.com/file/wg4jf9

>>>/fit/

neuroscientificallychallenged.com/blog/microbes-and-the-mind

spectrumnews.org/news/single-microbe-may-restore-social-behaviors-in-mice/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3547054/

Recipe 1: Boil potatoes. Put pork chops in oven with black pepper and salt on. Put butter on the hot potatoes once they are on the plate. Done. Maybe boil some broccoli as well or add some beans.

Recipe 2: youtube.com/watch?v=ditOuyMLmXA

Recipe 3: Ground beef into a pan, then some onions if you want. Heat it up till it isn¨t red. Then add canned tomatoes, basil, black pepper, salt, maybe chili or garlic. Turn down the heat and let simmer for a while until the right consistency. Serve with boiled potatoes, beans, etc.

Recipe 4: Put some bacons into the oven in a teflon something or other, season with ginger and black pepper before putting them in. Be careful with the timing they can easily become too crispy very fast. Serve with boiled rice beans and raw onions. Squirt some sweet chili sauce on top.

#2 & 3 are good if you want to freeze it but probably use rice instead of potatoes if you re-heat/freeze.

Good luck.

#3 is less of a soup than #2

You can try quick-frozen stuff without additives. It´s basically the same as home cooked food, maybe even healthier because of frozen vegetables.

You might be able to get a shoulder roast at that price when it's on sale, but at regular price expect to pay double that.

Low quality slide post.
REPORTED

Eh… Cringe.
You want the real pill? Get on superfoods. Cooked food is bad.
Start drinking your own urine. It's full of life force. Popular in Germany.

Recipe 5: Put bacon and onions in a hot pan. Let them be there until they are a bit browned. Then add cream or creme fraiche. Season with black pepper. Serve with rice and beans. Maybe squeeze some lemon on top.

I recommend basmati rice.

you mean camel piss

i have a pretty healthy tortilla
its a sweet spicy and tangy mess but its delicious as fuck, all organic and filling too

bump tread

that's pretty fucking spicy
i think i'll just go with tomato, salsa and lamb

spicy is good for you lad
keeps the blood pumping and wakes you up
im not even from a third world shit hole where you need spices to cover up the taste of rot but i put pajeets and spics to shame with how much i can handle

In honor of this thread I made some ramen. Took me an hour from start to finish. Played with my dogs during the long simmering parts.

that your dog in the bowl?

nah looks like pork tbh
chashu or something isnt it?

lel, it's some leftovers

Chirashu, correct.

I have an infographic for that. The other common concern, besides mercury, is agricultural runoff. That only comes up when dealing with farmed fish. Here's another infographic that shows which fish are farmed.

What about multi-cereal and integral bread?

when it comes to less mercury and more omega 3 im pretty set according to those charts
eels are goddamned delicious tbh but all the tiny bones can get stuck in your throat and it gets annoying
dont really like sardines though

you talking about spelt flour right?
ive eaten spelt flour bread and its more like wheaty cake than the chewy bread we eat these days

Here are some tips to remain healthy:

Benny Hinn with Dr. Ted Broer - Breakthrough Wellness & Longevity
mega.nz/#!MoU2BZ6D!MYE0JX35ewZs2xENwYuioMQtdDorT36TGazpLtIHJuM

Eat Drink & Be Healthy PT1 NATURAL CURES REVEALED AND CAUSES OF DISEASES
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ_TXbFSDbY
mega.nz/#!Jh90Abra!EVavHUHkf4JWkSJHg1fGHyMQ_6VqysLMO8FbIGo4iu4

Eat Drink & Be Healthy PT2 NATURAL CURES REVEALED AND CAUSES OF DISEASES
youtube.com/watch?v=J-dSJ1Hxc2I
mega.nz/#!sksBmQCR!l8tcrhxkpJAyjFwQZKD3S2s-pCiQf7kdTmI-oySq7Ns

Eat Drink & Be Healthy PT3 NATURAL CURES REVEALED AND CAUSES OF DISEASES
youtube.com/watch?v=M4hKT403Zr0
mega.nz/#!A5cQVJ7J!X2__LvXlMYwYZpk-xVdhCZX66EhOKaBUqF5TtPE99eo

Dr. Ted Broer's Radio Show Archived!
gsradio.net/shows/ted_broer/
mega.nz/#F!dl10QKiY!GFc1Ets0zQ1GqaIpYaFTXg

Buy frozen wild caught fish.
Buy fresh veggies if available.
If not buy frozen and learn how to grow your own microgreens via youtube (it's easy as fuck).

- Steam or boil fish (a matter of 5min).
- Steam microgreens or frozen veggies

Get a rice cooker and cook rice or potatoes in it for carbs.

Easy healthy meal that doesn't take much time to cook and clean.

And, yes, this German-American doctor is redpilled. He talks about the crisis in Europe all the time when he's not talking about keeping fit and healthy. He visits Germany once a year (he has relatives there) and knows first hand whats going on over there. Check this 110 IQ alpha male out. Real redpilled, up-to-date on all current events, has his own radio show too. Evangelical Trump supporter as well.

Look at the tiny cuck Norway lobster compared to bulky and stronk American lobster.

You just ruined everything else you said.

Well, sorry then, you'll have to miss out. Tough luck.

Slåss meg yank

Sieg Heil. :3

What is that third pic?

looks like spinach with cream

Creamed spinach.

Looks strange, but tastes preeeeetty good in combination with the rest.

どこにあなたに神は今です!

No, but certain urine from cows in India does contain gold.

Any urine is a very potent nurtrient-hormonal mixture that recycles the vril energy of the species. Quit pissing your life down the drain.

you need to be bullied

Man, they're so tasty if done right. Yesterday I had a rump steak in pepper sauce with bratkartoffeln and some green beans rolled in bacon. Just heavenly.

Also you ever tried spinach-gorgonzola sauce? Not everybody's thing but it has a real nice and strong flavour to it, goes well with noodles and/or a bit of salmon maybe. Alternatively grating a bit of feta or better some parmesan or similar cheese in the spinach to give it some nice extra flavor IMO.

I think Alex Jones looks like a stone crab.

can kinda see that too tbh

The trick is not to pre-cook them as usual, but to do this process in the pan itself (with a cooking top).

Sadly I found no English recipe for this, but you seem to already know how to do it.

>chefkoch.de/rezepte/1338991238751459/Knusprige-Bratkartoffeln-nach-Muttis-Rezept.html

100% this.

Put veg on the bottom, meat on top. Turn on low for 8-10hrs (while you sleep or are at work/school). That's it.

Here are some recipes.
imgur.com/gallery/Q0qb8

no. Somehow the only country on this planet, aside from Japan, who went full reich is the only country where food has had rather a traditional role and not a shitty new-age meme.

All the countries with their own extravagant cuisine are kike and subhuman countries anyway france, italy, britbongistan etc.

Confirmed for having zero idea how deep German cuisine is. They even have a festival for their beer. Back to reddit faggot.

lad you know fuck all about British cuisine
we built the worlds largest empire with our bellies full of pickled onions, roast beef and yorkshire puddings

MOST important thing about health is that you are what you ABSORB not just what you EAT, every molecule matters to a certain degree depending on its specifics.

Ultimately it is glutathione, a cellular anti-oxidant produced in volume by the liver that takes out the trash.

1) Glutathione

It maintains levels of reduced glutaredoxin and glutathione peroxidase[25]
It is one of the major endogenous antioxidant produced by the cells, participating directly in the neutralization of free radicals and reactive oxygen compounds, as well as maintaining exogenous antioxidants such as vitamins C and E in their reduced (active) forms.[26][27][28]
Regulation of the nitric oxide cycle is critical for life, but can be problematic if unregulated.[29]
It is used in metabolic and biochemical reactions such as DNA synthesis and repair, protein synthesis, prostaglandin synthesis, amino acid transport, and enzyme activation. Thus, every system in the body can be affected by the state of the glutathione system, especially the immune system, the nervous system, the gastrointestinal system, and the lungs.[citation needed]
It has a vital function in iron metabolism. Yeast cells depleted of GSH or containing toxic levels of GSH show an intense iron starvation-like response and impairment of the activity of extramitochondrial ISC enzymes thus inhibiting oxidative endoplasmic reticulum folding, followed by death.[30]
It has roles in progression of the cell cycle, including cell death.[5] GSH levels regulate redox changes to nuclear proteins necessary for the initiation of cell differentiation. Differences in GSH levels also determine the expressed mode of cell death, being either apoptosis or cell necrosis. Manageably low levels result in the systematic breakage of the cell whereas excessively low levels result in rapid cell death.[31]

rapid cell death lol that cant be good

draxe.com/glutathione/
Longevity researchers believe that it is so pivotal to our health that the level of GSH in our cells is becoming a predictor of how long we will live! (2, 3, 4)

In fact, a growing number of researchers are now crediting the increase in neurological disease and cancer to glutathione deficiency. (7, 12, 13).

like honestly i could sit hear and post for fucking HOURS about the shit glutathione does, its fucking insane. you could spend years reading about it like i have and still not even scratch the surface or fully understand it.

its what breaks down alcohol, removes heavy metals from the body, plays a role in protein synthesis, is a vital part of the immune system itself, prevents oxidative stress…

you could eat healthy all your entire life, Inhale one single lungful of air contaminated with some toxic elements mixed in and spend the rest of your life in abject misery due to severely depleting glutathione levels

personally, i have come to the conclusion that optimizing glutathione production is the primary key to maintaining health

Vitamin D is a precursor to glutathione, vitamin D comes from the sun and also has many other benefits in the body, getting sun on the chest is the best way to get natural Vit D

there is all sorts of shit that helps production and also almost any other anti-oxidant like vit C helps reduce the load on levels,

horseradish-peroxidase is a particularly good one

toast sandwich

Anglo cuisine is pretty subhuman, as much as I enjoy my fish and chips.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Getting hungry just from reading the recipe, damn.

You mean germany? If so you're not really right. There's a lot to german cuisine, it has quite a large variety of everything from soups to desserts.
One difference might be that most of the foods are generally more "functional" and higher calories due to many parts of germany being in colder climates. Also we don't put our cuisine in the spotlight or have large parts of our lives revolving around it, but we certainly put effort in the food and enjoy it a lot.

Stop posting or i will be forced to go to the local bakery and make a purchase!!!!!!!!!

the toast sandwich was an exercise in trying to create the cheapest meal in Britain by victorian gentlemen
a cooked bread sandwich was the cheapest thing they made up
tbh all our foods famine food
nearly everything is salted or pickled so it lasts ages

war food disgusts me to no end

fucking bread and flour, shit belongs in the dark ages

steak, potatoes and veg are a real mans food

I made one of those fucking cakes a few months back based on a Trinken Und Essen recipe. Nobody told me how hard fucking spongecake was to make.

Not bad cake though. As far as cake goes it's low on sweetness and sugar overload like American cakes. White shit isn't even icing, it's just whipped cream. And then there's a shot of booze hiding somewhere in there, of which it is literally impossible to purchase in America so I had to use some kind of cough drop tasting gasoline cherry liquer instead of kirschwasser.

I'm half German American and my grandmother was off the boat German so I had some culinary influecnes growing up.

Of all of its culture and accomplishments, in cuisine and dining they are barely above cave men.

Did you use grenadine instead of that german liqueur?

Germanfag here. German food can be crappy peasant junkfood (think mystery meat Currywurst, Wiener Schnitzel etc.) or god tier aristocrat food like wild game etc.

Your grandmother probably had a peasant background or couldn't cook.

No. German food is standard and traditional. Same applies to Russian food, Polish food and food from other northern / eastern european countries.

The variety of food in these countries may be big but the complexity and the emphasis on preparation is rather traditional compared to making a fucking decadent beef wellingtion or a flying rat soup in france.

They don't sell kirschwasser in American liquer stores. I had to get this. "Kirsch", kek, it was like $11 a bottle – while kirschwasser takes so many pounds of cherries to make a single bottle there's no way they could sell it so cheap.

I don't actually drink alcohol so maybe it ALL tastes like gasoline.

Protip: Don't put gelatin in the whipped cream. Gelatin tastes like rendered animal hide.

plus alot of our food is pie related

Stay away from sugar. It's not easily available in nature and thus bad for you by default.

Can you give me any more examples of higher or 'aristocratic' food besides wild game?

We had a German butcher a half dozen wursts from knock to liver, limburger cheese, butterkase, and other extremely inferior, disgusting German cheeses. Rouladen was one I remember that was supposed to be higher class.

Can't handle the sight of a strong independent cake?

I don't think any german cakes use icing. Except maybe some people put it on their marble cakes, usually for kids birthdays. Other than that it's either some variety of whipped cream or whatever you call the filling on things like cheese cake.

Where was your grandma from specifically? Sounds like she was a bad cook if anything

Shame on you

While we have so many german chefs in the thread, can anyone give me some tips on sauerkraut? Fermented foods are hyper good for you and virtually no one gets enough in their diet so I'd like to know how to make it well.

lel, it comes from the boiling and reduction of animal ligaments so there's a reason for that

Soltau. She died before I got to know her, my mom was absolutely a shit cook. I judge based on other things than what was served at home.

tbh lad german smoked cheese is delicious
acquired a taste for it in childhood, cant slap it on toast like robust cheddar or red Leicester but it goes great on its own or slapped on a cracker

Well aristocrats pretty much ate wild game + potatoes and seasonal veggies like aspargus with ham.

Your butcher either sucked or you have different tastes but cured meats done by a good butcher are god tier (I have butchers in my family).

Roulladen need high quality meat + a good gravy.

My mother makes great ones and Paulaner Brauhaus restaurants that have Bavarian food have reasonably good ones as well. (you can find one in most major world cities)

Battered deep fried mystery meat - DO NOT WANT.

I liked it as a kid but as an adult I know better than eating mystery meat or deep fried stuff.

Massage the cabbage with salt until it's soft and bleeding water and then pack into a container, brine it leave it for a week or two. Once it starts turning sour, chill it. If you don't chill it, it might grow mold.

Easy to do, just look it up on jewtube.

It's super hard to find real sauerkraut these days in Germany though.

They use vinegar instead of fermentation and often add tons of sugar as well (they call this greek style).

I tried to make some based on a google recipe but it was inedibly salty. I'd almost rather go for vinegar.

The whole health benefit of sauerkraut comes from the fermentation. I've seen the greek/italian style, didn't like it. The sour taste was a little off putting, but I was eating it straight which I'm sure isn't how its supposed to be enjoyed.

Yeah, there's some IMO questionable german cheeses. Some are very let's say "flavourful". Butterkäse on the other hand is something I don't know anyone would enjoy. Some kids might like it but they will eat any trash.
Honestly, the dutch probably have us beat on the cheese. Gouda and maasdamer for example are more enjoyable.

Not to be rude but if your mom is a bad cook then that might mean she never learnt it from your grandma, possibly because she was bad too.

You are somewhat right on the rouladen, although they like most german food are primarily hearty, not some unnecessarily fancy stuff. I probably forget some important examples, but like I posted further up, "rump steak in pepper sauce with fried potatoes and green beans rolled in bacon" (can't find a good pic but it should look something like pic related) is a nice thing.
Or pork medallions in cream(?) sauce with champignons / chanterelles and croquettes.
Or roulades with red kraut and dumplings in a dark sauce
It even has a bunch of variety of fish dishes to offer. Like pic 2, pikeperch(?) in a citrusy sauce.
Or the admittedly adapted from hungarians Gulasch
Or pic 4, pork roast(?) with sauerkraut.
I'll stop now, sorry

Natural fermentation produces vinegar as a byproduct. I have done a batch a couple months ago using red cabbage and the amount of salt I used didn't leave it tasting overly salty, but it's definetely something you use as a side dish and don't just eat on it's own.

Too bad I didn't save any memes from that thread.

tbh sauerkraut always reminds me of intestinal lining
and gouda is definitely a great cheese

its not vinegar its lactic acid, thats what causes the sour tangy taste

The Norwegian lobster is the inferior crustacean and is being out-competed by hardier and more aristocratic American lobster BBC (big blue crustacean) while the Norwegian lobster LWC (little weak crustacean) deserves to be exterminated.

If you want an amazing cheese, try Italian straciatella cheese. I couldn't get enough it last time I was there.

>>>/fit/
Holla Forums isn't the place for such a thread.

Got you covered.

I love rotisserie chickens. Even generic supermarkets have these for 5 dollars and they arent even bad.

This website is amazing.

Good old grilled chicken but the stuff you can buy infront of supermarkets mostly tastes pretty meh.

I have never actually seen anyone doing the chicken grilling by themselves though.

This is rotisserie chicken you cuck. You can buy your own home rotisserie if you'd like, but buying them from the store is so convenient.

Ya, it's grilled via a rotisserie.

im just joshing lads

It traditionally used (and in austria usually still uses) calf cuts or nowadays (and in germany) more commonly pig cuts. It gets fried, but not deep fried. It's of course nothing you should eat every day but it's not junk food and the stuff you get in actual restaurants is usually high quality. Of course you can control the quality if you just make them yourself. Also don't put them in a deep frier, they belong in the pan.

Also since you mentioned esparagus, there's an emphasis in germany on seasonal foods instead of eating anything all year round.

Another seasonal thing is Frankfurter green sauce. It's made with soured cream, yoghurt and a ton of different fresh herbs. You eat it with potatoes and/or eggs usually. Delicious and comparatively light for those warmer days.

Its roasted you nerd.

I tried it a bunch of times and it was always meh.

Also half of those grilled chiggenz places are run by mudshits now which I wouldn't want to support with my shekels either.

Where did you get it? We have a local small supermarket that does them and it tastes like pure aids. The wallmart ones are low tier but a bit better than the first one. The best ones I ever had was Kroger, huge chickens and excellent amounts of herbs.

Not rly anymore. Supermarkets have the same stuff all year round. Fresh strawberries and aspargus are the only exceptions nowadays.

Yeah, unless you're some hardcore motherfucker you can't eat it on its own. It goes well with the pork roast (kasseler) for example

I'm German so no walmarts around. There are always some mobile stands infront of supermarkets that sell the rotisserie chickens.

Thats funny because around where I am the Wal-Mart ones are actually quite good. Large size, moist meat, etc.

It really depends on the store really. Walmart = high chance of a nog working there so you'll get absolute shit tier chickens if you have to rely on mammy to make your chicken.

Oh okay. You could always get kebab.

Yeah but it's either overly expensive and/or not local.
Well, I would maybe add some other things too. It's not just because of availability. In my experience most people make certain dishes only seasonally.

Gives you a good idea about Bavarian food:

paulaner-brauhaus.com/data/Pdf/upload/pdf_moscowpaveletsky_bier_food_eng_deu.pdf

I have a pretty decent Wal-Mart. I dont live in a city.

Thanks for the post m8. My mom is genetically bad at cooking. She couldn't learn from anyone. My oma (again she died when i was 1) was apparently good. Pickled herring and lots of hors doeuvres are something they said she had often, which contrasted

Not to be rude but the examples you posted only further the stereotype of what I said. "Hearty" meals that are hardly any better than English food consisting of fatty potatoes and basic meat/gravy dishes. Yes you can say it's because it's functional and based around caloric intake due to the cold, but it doesn't excuse the simplicity and lack of sophistication.

I agree with you about cured meats though, pork+beef landjaeger was always a favorite of ours. I never tire of cured pork in all its forms. The sausages from our German butcher were excellent, but once you branch out you realize how simple and, honestly, inferior, German cuisine is.

Have you been to Germany / visited quality German restaurants abroad (and I don't mean those fake Bavarian abominations in LA and the like)?

I'm German and have lived half of my life in tons of different countries and I quite like German food.

Probably helps that I grew up upper middle class with a mother and grandma that were both great cooks and bakers.

Well, that might be influenced by my perspective (down to earth family, more countryside living) so maybe I'm missing out on or can't think of fancier german dishes. Anyway, no offense taken, I honestly prefer our food despite what you call lack of sophistication. Won't deny that countries like france or italy probably have a fancier cuisine.

Have a last german dessert :^)

Are foods…volkish? Kek, I never thought about this angle.

I know that music can be volkish. Culture, paintings, even tech can be. But never thought about foods like this, though it seems kinda obvious right now.

This is a grade a+++ volkish thread then. Though I would recommend high sugar pastry to be consumed in moderation.

Russian food today is a tiny fraction of what was before commies fucked everything up…

Are you being 5real or what? Because food as culture is normie tier.

Of course they are. The topic is full of tradition, craftsmanship and history. Same goes (maybe to a slightly lesser extent) to beverages, alcoholic or not.

Of course. They should mostly be something for the occasional celebrations or family get-togethers

Never eat well-done or burnt meat of any kind.

There was a study showing that women who consumed chicken at the higher ends of the doneness spectrum had increased risks for breast cancer.
God knows what this can do for men.

So avoid red meat as much as you can, but when you do be sure to take it rare to medium rare and no higher.

Food as culture is normie tier when that's all you consider when you talk about cultures. It's one thing to want to invite in rapefugees and pakis because 'muh tika masala' and it's another thing to celebrate your culture's cuisine.

1) Exercise. Even a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood a day has benefits.
2) Diet. I recommend something like whole30.com/
3) Meditation. There are many online resources about this.
4) Supplements. Everybody, regardless of diet, should be taking magnesium, fish oil and Vitamin D.
5) Alcohol. If you're gonna drink, drink redwine and potato vodka. Avoid beer like the plague.
6) Don't consume non-fruit/veg sugar. Period. This means no soda and sweets.

I can go into more detail if anybody cares but the above text is a good base to work from. Good luck.

Tell me more, Satan!

The red meat=cancer studies are bullshit. The only potentially scientific link between redmeat and cancer is if you cook your steak to a crisp (which you also mentioned) but redmeat is a healthfood when cooked properly.

This is a fucking terrible idea. Red meat is garbage when it comes to fat content. Make sure that the meat in your diet consists of mainly chicken. Buy vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. If you're going to make sauces or anything for season make sure that it's on the low end when it comes to fat content. Balsamic vinegar and stuff is usually good. I tend to throw it all into a pan and bake it in the oven on like 375 deg Fahrenheit. Only drink water. Eat lots of fruit. Canned foods should really only go as far as beans. Black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans… all great. Pick up some fresh avocados, make sure half are already ripened and half are pre-ripe so that you can eat them chronologically. Don't be a fat shit. Also, fuck you for being a student, if your parents have money and pay for your school I'm pretty jealous. I'm poor as shit and can barely afford to buy $50/mo worth of groceries. Oh yeah, also try to eat atlantic caught wild fish such as salmon too, more healthy fats. I got ripped as fuck eating like this for maybe 2 months straight, then i got poor again.

Red meat is disgustingly high in fat. Cancer or not it's fucking terrible for you.

I didn't say redmeat caused cancer. It's simply not as healthy for you as white meats like chicken and turkey.

You don't even know what schnitzel is!

schnitzel is by and large just a massive chicken nugget lad

And what about white wine? And why would you recommend Vodka over other distilled alcohols?

the fuck is this? how is this politically related in the slightest?

Health is important for the cause

have fun dying with 27

Anons here are literally discussing spongecake recipes, this is a shit slide/newfag thread. go to /fit/ or /ck/

I drink tea every once in a while, but for the most part it's water only masterrace my man. I also don't drink tap water, my fridge has a water filter in it.

Sry I was gone.. Could be a long history of lawn fertilizer and roundup, maybe you live in an old industrial zone or a place like Gary, Indiana or Detriot. You would probably know if you dont think its safe to grow. Basically if you think you have somewhat clean soil you should start growing things like radishes, squash, beans, cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, bok choy, tatsoi, turnips, lettuce.

Its prolly too late in the season to plant much but you can still plant radishes (they only take 20 days to full maturity/) or greens like tatsoi, bok choy, turnip greens, arugula.

Healthy people = healthy nation
Do you even think bro?

Saturated fat is the best type of fat. Humans start consuming saturated fat the moment they're born in the form of breast milk. I don't really get where you get this kind of misinformation in 2016.

Red meat in general is only bad when it's commercially grown. Beyond hormones and antibiotics, grain-fed meat is going to have less healthy fatty acid ratio than naturally grass fed meat. We are mostly what we eat.

Carbs are very necessary for optimal testosterone levels and endocrine system function. Potatoes and white rice are pretty much the way to go, since most grains and seeds tend to have mineral and vitamin binding phytic acid.

Potatoes are underrated.

yeah fuck that. I eat sweat potatoes, beans and rice all the time. Good cheap food.

Tea is an excellent source of antioxidants and all kinds of good things. Tea will always be superior to water only faggots.

Yup, you have to grow your own tho. They use potatoes to clean the soil from heavy metals left over from fertilizers and sprays.

Many farmers grow corn for 4-5 years in a row and use fertilizers with bad shit in them, but the corn doesn't absorb the bad shit in any signification volume so when the heavy metals build up in the soil then they use potatoes or turnips to clean it all up.

On top of that some potatoes are GMO and are treated with shit to make them not sprout in the store.

Potatoes are easy to grow, just go to the organic grocery store in march and buy 10 nice potatoes, let them sit for a month and a half/ 2 months until they sprout, then put them in the ground in early May 4-6 inches deep with the sprout side up. You will have 20+ potatoes per plant and they grow themselves..

This.

Is that second picture beef baked inside of bread? Never heard of it but it looks good.

god fucking dammit i've been eating store bought potatoes for most of my life.

The jews are all over nearly all facets of the food production, distribution, and sales industries. Fucking kosher taxes and gmos.

When in optimal health and following a good diet the body is quite capable of protecting itself against heavy metals and environmental toxins. It's not of course an ideal situation to be in, but even commercially grown potatoes should be pretty safe to consume when the body is otherwise healthy and well fed.

what the fuck is a winer schnitzel? I've never been to germany, is it breaded sausage? That's what it looks like.

Deep fried pork cutlet.

Schnitzel is maybe my favourite food, but with lots of lemon. I like a sweet and sour schnitzel.

There are materials against which the body has ZERO means to remove whatsoever and for which there is NO "minimum safe amount of accumulation".

Like lead.

A keto diet is good if you're trying to lose weight but if you're trying to get gains you're gonna have to get more carbs mang (assuming one is to be going ham on lifting)

fortunately I don't eat fish at all to avoid the mercury, I have a very good water filter, really expensive but it removes everything including things like fluoride that a lot of them don't, I don't use fluoride toothpaste and I recently stopped using soap because I found out that those contain estrogen chemicals, and I only eat meat that hasn't been raised with anti-biotics or hormones.

I try not to eat common gmo crops either unless they are organically grown. I haven't eaten potatoes in a while though.

I've eaten sweet potatoes and fingerlings recently are those safe or are all kinds of potatoes equally jewed and full of heavy metals?

Vitamins and minerals such as C and Selenium play part in preventing and treating lead poisoning. It's not really fair to say that the body has zero means to fight it.

It depends a lot on what kind of shithole you live in. Do some research about your local situation, it's the only way to be sure.

guess I better consume lots of brazil nuts and oranges then. I mostly shop at retailers that sell locally grown crops so if things are fine nearby then I'm probably not fucked.

Fitting.
DESIGNATED

Speaking of Vitamin C: Liposomal Vitamin C, if you can get your hands on it (or make it) is very potent.

This is my favorite dish in the universe, with potato dumplings and red cabbage on the side and some asparagus/brussels sprouts. My family has made it as long as I can remember and it's just amazing.

One of your big problems with the diet you've described is WAY TOO MUCH SALT. Idk what they have in Finland, but you should look into a salt substitute spice like Mrs. Dash:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Dash

Also, not everything that's microwaved is bad for you. For instance, you can microwave most root vegetables and regular vegetables just fine.

Ear of corn, still in husk: 3 minutes
Potato: Stab with a knife, 10 minutes
Artichoke: put in a bowl with water, cover with plastic wrap: 6 - 7 minutes

and nearly every other vegetable can be cooked perfectly in the microwave in less than 10 minutes too:

chefsteps.com/activities/quickest-easiest-way-to-cook-vegetables

As soon as I figured this out I stopped eating so shitty.

Are you sure? usually takes like 40 for me to boil or steam artichokes.

You people disgust me.

I would rape you for keks and then eat steak

depends on the strength of your microwave and the size of the artichoke, but yeah, it worked for me. If its not done after 7 minutes you can always add 5 minutes at a time until you figure out your microwave's proper cook time.

enjoy getting ripped off, last time I went there I payed 5 dollars for 12 ounces of coffee, sugar, and coconut milk. I can make equally good stuff at home without shitting out 5 dollars for every 12 ounces of it.

I knew I had this written down. Here's the recipe

German Rouladen
//Beef rolls with bacon, pickles and carrots, with a sour gravy.

Beef bottom round steak, cut thin
Bacon

Ketchup
Mustard, plain yellow
Salt
Pepper
Onions, sliced as thinly as possible
Carrots, quartered
Pickles, quartered

1. Chop onions, carrots, and pickles.
2. Fry bacon until warm and pink, about halfway done. Noticeably cooked but still raw. SAVE BACON GREASE.
3. In a bowl mix 1 part ketchup and 1 part mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pound strips of beef with a mallet tenderizer.
5. Brush ketchup/mustard mixture onto top of beef strips. Add a layer of onions.
6. Add 1 piece carrot and 1 or 2 pieces pickle at the bottom of each strip, and roll. Stick a toothpick through to hold shut.
7. Place in a large pot. Brush outside of each roll with bacon grease. Fill pot until rolls are half covered in water.
8. Place in oven at 350ish for 2.5-3 hours, turning every 15 minutes to avoid blackening.
Serve with potato dumplings, sweet & sour red cabbage, and something green.

Source? I watching a video of an interview with the man who was Hitler's assistant, and if I remember correctly, his breakfast consisted of cookies and warm milk and a bit of chocolate.

Also don't forget to make gravy from the meat drippings, it's absolutely essential.

what a fucking NEET

You can bake a large batch of chicken breasts, fish, or a roast on the weekend then eat it throughout the week just microwave some veggies and brown rice or quinoa. Keep a variety of sauces like teriyaki, soya, American barbecue sauce, Thai sweet chili, Sriracha, tapatio to keep it from getting boring

Just gonna leave this here…

pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/

Get a rice cooker you dumb fag

What's wrong with meditation? I've heard only good things about it.

what the fuck is that

I have a rice cooker and it tends to overcook some things, like vegetables, while undercooking other things, like meat

I'd rather just microwave different ingredients until they're properly cooked than make a big nasty pile of slimy vegetables, undercooked chicken, and half-crunchy/half burned rice

Do you have a $15 wal mart rice cooker or a true rice cooker that uses pressure in the cooking process?

There's literally nothing wrong with using a radio-oven.

Some think that they create radiolytic compounds in your food, which aren't good.

He really did nothing wrong.

That's a slim possibility in a high energy microwave without a rotating table, but in modern designs that risk is minimized.
Also, is that really worse than traditional partial combustion products?

Microwaves aren't ionizing radiation, so they're incapable of producing radiolytic compounds. Also, there'd be a real simple test to prove or disprove this theory: Microwave a cup of water and test it to see if it contains anything other than H20 afterwards.

(I understand that you yourself are not necessarily promoting this idea, just reporting what other people believe).

Seriously that's like the cutest breakfast I can think of. Hitler was like an adorable 2d girl at heart and in private.

Carl Jung was right.

You should get a grill, small hibachi, charcoal grill. Fun to do while sitting outside with a cold one in your hand.

A couple simple recipes for ya.

Get some lean tough, cheap cuts of beef like flank, skirt, whatever… cheap and lean.
Couple pounds will do.
Slice thinly against the grain so you have long thin strips.
Marinade over night in fridge with this in a covered container.
.2 limes squeezed or any real citrus, oranges do, even bottled lemon juice.
. Half a cup of rinsed, bruised *crushed*, diced cilantro/coriander.
. Diced jalepenos.
. Diced garlic clove.
. Diced onion.
. Salt and pepper.
Add beef strips in container, pour over just so it covers.
Store in fridge covered overnight, stir occasionally.
Grill over hot coals med/rare.
Serve over salad, rice, in tacos, sammiches, whatever.
The marinade tenderizes whatever cut.
You can also use chicken for this.
Very good stuff.

Steaming is the -best- method of avoiding all that.

My understanding was that the process turns molecules in the food (not water) into radiolytic compounds. Could be nothing, but it's nice to avoid the wave whenever possible.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12734067

Ginger is amazing, but that much at one time might give you gastrointestinal upset. It "burns" the stomache too much in those doses, just like garlic.

Speaking of garlic, it needs to be crushed to release allicin, the active ingredient which will supercharge your immune system! Crush garlic and wash it down with water.

I do the same with ginger. Crush it in water and drink it down. Ginger boosts circulation and immunity. Also, both ginger and garlic are good for the sexual function for men.

wew

I'm not arguing that there's anything wrong with steaming.
Steaming is awesome.
I'm just making the argument that microwaves are often underutilized by the modern cook.

A simple but refreshing drink served cold *with ice cubes* or hot like tea.

Boil two pints of water.
Add dried orange, lemon, lime, apple peels.
*you save these right*
About a handful
A cup of sugar
Couple spoonfuls of honey
6 crushed cloves
Pinch of cinnamon
Squeeze some citrus juice in.

Boil rolling for 6 minutes, turn down heat, let simmer till reduced slightly.
Stir often.
Cool, strain, store in fridge or serve hot.
Also hot is good with whiskey, cold with vodka or light rum.

*not pint* meant quart and half of water.

Microwave is good for rush jobs, but shouldn't be your main cooking tool. If you forgot to grill the corn, you can run it under a tap, wrap it in some shrink wrap and wave it for a several minutes to get your food. This probably shouldnt be your go-to though.

Berries, fruits, nuts, starches, etc, etc.
Not available in nature?

Yea, I'm also not saying it should be the main tool.
It is a handy workhorse for speeding up some things, though.

Heh, I just bought some of that to try out the other day on the way to work. It was the green one and it looked like it has settled so I shook it before opening…

Got it all over my work area and I smelled kind of like beer all day.

That link is about irradiating food to preserve it, not microwaving food to heat it. Entirely different type of radiation, entirely different process, for different reasons.

Get a cheap rice cooker and fry some meat in a pan, then get some sort of sauce you like and put it in with a bowl of rice with meat on top.

It's not deluxe flavor-wise but it's a pretty good base diet compared to almost anything packaged, and rice in 20-lb bags is very cheap, at least at Walmart in Burgerland. (Related note, ground beef is good mixed with rice)

Bored? Get a can of beans or lentils or vegetables and mix a third of the can in with each rice meal. Can't into asceticism? Melt some cheese over it and put in garlic or curry powder or your preferred spices, or just more sauce.

Farmers markets, Meat Co-Ops are great places to shop. If you live rural someone is always selling fresh eggs on the cheap.
You'll notice the difference bigtime and save $hekels.
Farmers markets bud. Good scene.

You don't need the shrink-wrap, just throw it in with the husk still on. The silk peels off easier that way too.

I'd be leery of using too much shrink-wrap in the microwave. Make sure the brand you use is marked "microwave-safe". Most name brand shrink-wraps ARE microwave safe, but better safe than sorry.

I prefer to use shrink-wrap as a lid on microwave safe bowls to create a steaming environment rather than the food itself in any event.

That's weird, the farmers markets around here are generally more expensive for most things, farmers market organic eggs > store organic eggs > generic eggs in terms of price.

Then again I'm in New England, so farmer's markets tend to be low-volume artsy-crafty "affirmation of family roots"/"back to nature" types mixed in with actual small local farmers.

Are farmer's markets in the midwest/other areas actually just local produce bazaars instead of novelty things?

The carbonation and the slight sweetness satisfied my cravings for soda when I decided to give it up.

Simple, but so satisfying on a hot day.

So many carbcucks here.

When you are hungry, eat fatty meat until you are full. When you are thirsty, drink water. It's that fucking simple.

Plants are slave food. They are hardly nutritious. Meat is nutritionally complete. There is no reason you should ever put a plant in your mouth unless it's a spice or a medicine.

Lemons aren't sweet you quadruple nigger lying jew fuck why didn't you put in clementines fuck you gas the lemons fruit war now

Lean beef is more satisfying, animal fat is good for you in moderation but it's not like you're not going to get plenty from dairy products anyways.

Oh man, here I was taking you all serious too, goyed again…

Lean meat is most definitely not as satisfying as a juicy prime ribeye.

What is a "moderate" amount of animal fat? I would argue it's 65-80% of a person's calorie intake.

great idea with the cooker….so many excellent stews,oatmeal and beans

Beans (especially great northern beans) nutritionally pack more of punch ounce for ounce than almost anything else. 1/2 cups can give you 20g of fiber, 20g of protein and a large percentage of your daily requirement of potassium, magnesium, iron, folic acid as well as calcium and complex carbs.

Soak them (you can dump the water to lose the farts, but you lose a small percentage of minerals), cook a pound of fatty bacon, when it gets greasy add chopped onion and peppers. Add yer molasses, deep brown sugar and tomato paste….then vegi broth, the beans, salt and pepper then slow cook it. There is a recipe out there by Alton Brown that has the proportions correct (although some may like less sweet stuff or more spicy stuff).

Now if you will all excuse me I've been triggered and I need to go make a stew.
and never skimp on excellent ingredients, find a local butcher and find out where he gets his meat…or just search online for local farmers who sell

By "juicy" you mean "soaked". I like my meat pleasantly moist.

Yea maybe but im not gunna take the chance when you can grow your own easily and they taste much better.

Also the slimy shit on store bought carrots is a fluoride based preservative. So you will need to grow your own carrots as well haha. Its all fun and easy tho.

That's fine. Personal preferences aside, there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, and plants are less nutritious and can sometimes cause more harm than good. Why should I replace any animal fat in my diet with a vegetable?

Nutrients are available in plants that arent in meats

Such as? I assume you're thinking of vitamin C, but there is vitamin C in liver. In any case, fresh meat is known to cure scurvy. Without eating sugars that compete with the metabolic pathways of vitamin C, you don't need as much. People eating more carbs need more vitamin C. On top of that, fresh meat contains the compounds you would need vitamin C to help produce anyway. autoimmunethyroid.wordpress.com/2006/09/04/why-meat-prevents-scurvy/

I'd be curious if you had other examples, though.

doesnt cooking destroy vitamin C

are you eating your liver raw?? and there is more 'water soluble vitamins' than just vit c

i agree with you in premise though, most carbs are useless filler i eat very high meats but i also eat bulk lettuce as it sits very well in the gut and aids digestion

forget the crock pot. season the thighs, throw in an oven at 380F, take out in about 30 mins at 180F internal temp.

crispy, less bullshit, etc.

if you want to foil meat you can do more or less the same thing with pork loin or whatever. most oven meat is 5 mins of prep, just plan ahead a couple of hours.

most steaks cook in a skillet with a bit of oil in 10-15 mins.

rice is 10-15 mins in a pot, 1 min prep. throw in some sautéed bell peppers, onion, garlic, 3 mins prep if you're slow.

cob corn is a few minutes in boiling water.

vegetables is some stuff chopped up into a side salad. you chop the vegetables while the rice cooks, add olive oil and vinegar and toss thoroughly.

if you're eating microwaved ramen it's not because you're short on time, it's because you're a moron.

fuck off you anti-meat shills
cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone

not eating red meat and shit talking animal fats is some of the dumbest shit out

its sugar and carbohydrates that will fuck you up

Raw or very lightly cooked, yes. I eat most of my meat bleu rare.

As for vitamins and minerals: animal products have everything you need, and the nutrients are more bioavailable. It seems weird to include plant matter for the purposes of nutritional content. As for digestion, I and many others have found that eating all-meat greatly improves digestion (once you get through adaptation). Fiber is unnecessary, despite the propaganda. Glad the bit of lettuce is helping you.

I've found myself using microwaves a lot less often ever since i bought a countertop convection oven. It's like a toaster oven but about twice the size (still small compared to a regular oven). You can cook about anything with it, without heating up the whole house and or waiting 30 minutes to preheat.

They are pretty cheap too

Look at the catalog m8, there are maybe 5 interesting threads on the board. These practical threads are miles better than

fuck off

I always end up in these types of threads. Agree that they are worthwhile. We can share experience rather than just rage over shit we already know

The best diet is primarily vegetables, with meat secondarily, and some fruit. Go be a whiny vegan elsewhere.

If that's what you inferred from my post then you should probably kill yourself

and fuck beans

beans are full of phytic acid a potent anti-nutrient that binds to minerals blocking absorbtion, phytic acid robs you of the nutrition within foods

beans also have various lectins, compounds that thicken the blood and turn it into a soup, gives you fatigue makes you lazy and fucks with your brain creates brain fog, forgetfulness fucks with short term memory

kidney beans are fucking horrible, one of the worst foods on the planet

dont eat a kidney bean for an entire month, then eat tonnes of them in one siting, see how you fucking feel. better yet add as much wheat(phytic acid) and dairy(casein)

casein also a chelation agent - an anti-nutrient

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytohaemagglutinin

read that and tell me its a good idea to eat kidney beans

"It agglutinates most mammalian red blood cell types."

as in it sticks red blood cells together

He wasn't being a whiny vegan. You're the fag arguing most of our diet should be rabbit food.

Go eat tofu.

It should. Meat should not be the primary source of nutrition. Humans were never meant to eat as much meat as Americans do today. Certainly not the shit quality meat most people eat today pumped full of hormones and antibiotics.

user that's why you COOK the beans. Applying heat to food has the magical effect of denaturing proteins like lectin and making them non-functional.

Of course you're going to get sick eating raw fucking kidney beans.

Humans have been almost completely carnivorous for 2.5 million years. It made us human. Americans don't eat enough meat, and they substitute it with shit: sugars/carbs, vegetable oils, etc. Don't blame the meat.

says who? you and the jew, thats who.

best decision i ever made was to move the bulk of my calorie consumption to meats and fats, literally one of the best decisions of my entire life never going the fuck back, fuck that

What in the world gave you that idea? You can look at our teeth for clear evidence that we are quite omnivorous. Hunters/gatherers. A diet of pure meat will fuck you up, just like a diet of pure vegetables turns men into women and both into sickly bastards.

soak those beans for days, cook em for hours, there will still be phytic acid and lectins in it

whatever you need to tell yourself

i dont need a study to know that once i avoid something for months and feel fine, then eat one meal heavily laden with it and feel like shit for days that its not a fucking good idea to eat that fucking food

rice and beans, carbohydrates and lectins, lazy dumb beaner scum

you know who else likes phytic acid? muslims. unleavened as in unrisen wheat flat bread is the primary staple of muslims and is a holy food

its part of why they are so fucking stupid

Nothing wrong with fats, don't get me wrong. Low fat diets are dumb. Just saying that too much meat is bad, just like too little meat. We've gotta eat a balanced diet.

Think about what humans were eating throughout our evolutionary history. It varied widely of course, but it would mainly be whatever they could forage, with intermittent meat consumption when they killed something. They were obviously gonna be eating a lot more veggies and shit than meat, except when they'd manage to bring down a mammoth or some shit and binge on that for a while. Meat was certainly an important part of the diet, but it usually wasn't a daily thing, and definitely not an every-single-meal thing.

why
why is eating more meat bad for you

go on explain it to me

Same. My favorite dish went from pizza to kabobs. Big chunks of steak mixed with some veggies from the garden. Perfect meal.

Bringing this back toward Holla Forums, do we think that the push to eat less meat is a trick by the upper class/jews to turn us back into nutritionally impoverished serfs or is it a legitimate claim backed by real science?

yeah for reals

i like a high fat mince meat like pork mince with a butt load of savoury spices, diced carrots onions some green peas, served on a massive bed of mixed lettuce, cucumber and capsicum, a couple massive table spoons of whole egg aoli to top it off

damn now im hungry

it most certainly is

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/29/long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-canc/

The tooth meme is retarded vegan propaganda. Our teeth are very carnivorous: continuous enamel, sharp, and only erupt once and stop growing. Humans were hunters with tools. We just needed teeth that could chew through meat, not kill an animal with our mouths. Our teeth chew meat very effectively.

How?

Whoa so deep dude, your post opened my eyes.

There's a number of studies clearly linking high levels of meat consumption with cancer, heart disease, and all kinds of shit like that.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24148709
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27557655

Main problem here though is that most of these studies were done on modern highly processed meat with all the bullshit additives and whatnot. All kinds of preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, and not to mention they're feeding these animals shitloads of corn that they themselves aren't evolved to eat exclusively, causing more diseases in them.

So what's obvious is that almost all modern meats are fucking bad for you. Lunch meat, anything packaged, etc. And the more you eat of it the worse off you are.

Now, is eating too much healthy meat bad? Like a deer you hunted yourself, and shit like that? A cow from a rancher friend who doesn't drug the shit out of his animals like almost all of them do? That's debatable. But I think the best bet is trying to imitate the diet we evolved for. Bread, for example, is shit. As are all processed foods.

Nice argument, dipshit.

We're omnivores dumbass. Look at a dog's teeth, clearly carnivorous. All are for ripping and tearing flesh. Humans are omnivores. We've got teeth for ropping and tearing flesh in the front to bite, and wide flat teeth like herbivores in the back to mash up plant matter.

We've been eating bread since the earliest days of civilization. You think we haven't evolved to handle it?

:^)

I came to this thread hoping to collect some new recipes rather than reading through endless battles between spergs

You think a few thousand years of civilation compares with millions of years of evolution prior to that? No way. Do some research, diets high in bread and other processed bullshit are hard on the body. They contain lots of phytic acid for example, hindering the uptake of numerous nutrients and rotting your teeth out. How do you think our ancestors survived without toothbrushes and toothpaste?

Show me one carnivore with teeth like humans.

This isn't /ck/ you know. The politics of food are important.

They all died at 25-30 you big dummy.

Our ancestors didn't eat much sugar and they died before they were 20.

red meat and processed meats have been proven correlation to cancer

but high correlation =/= high causation

the increased risk of colon cancer for the people who eat THE MOST red and processed meat is something around 1%. A 1% increase.

theres a much better arguement to be made that sedentary lifestyle is way worse for you than doing something as arbitrary as eating fucking bread

No they didn't, that's a common misconception. That was the average lifespan sure, but that's because infant mortality was so high. They didn't live as long as we do today of course, but they didn't die at 30 either.

And anyway, kids today are getting cavities and shit before they get out of highschool. Seriously, do some research on phytic acid and the effect is has on the body. Sourdough bread is a better than normal bread in this regard. Even since humans began civilization and ate bread and shit, fermented food was MUCH more common than it is today.

Our molars are great at cutting through meat. The edges are quite sharp. Have you never taken a bite of steak in your life?

a meta study
and a study on swedish people in sweden

like really i dont read pubmed anymore in light of everything how can any of it be trusted

i just dont believe it, where i live the meat isnt even like what you ameritards have

and there are all sorts of compounds that decrease cancer and heart disease risk like sulphorophrane and cannabinoids

how do we know that those studies werent just people lacking such chemicals? how do i know that those high meat eaters are also just not eating there veggies?

You niggers need to read Weston Price. gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

Here's some shit on phytic acid.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26787953
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26384212
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26028703

There are ways to minimize its presence in bread, but you can't really get rid of it.

Again, show me a single carnivore with teeth like humans. This idea that we are carnivores is almost as retarded as vegans saying we're herbivores.

I'm flabbergasted. They didnt last beyond 25 because they would cut themselves and they would get sepsis or some other bullshit. It's like playing Oregon Trail on hard mode. Of course some lasted longer, but that's the argument from the outliers which is a stupid point to make.

Go look in the mirror. We descended from omnivorous primates and evolved into carnivores. Did you expect that we'd need to get huge canines for us to become carnivores? You're being a silly faggot.

See:

Alright user, go with your instincts. If you have access to safe, unmedicated meat sources then enjoy them. They taste way better than almost anything you'll get at a store in the US, plus it's way more nutritious. Of course those couple studies don't contain the whole truth. If anything, they'll downplay the harm that high meat, grain, and corn diets have on the body because that shit is subsided hugely by the US gov.

I'm not arguing from outliers, what are you even talking about? I'm saying ancient human remains show much less tooth decay. You can look up for yourself, right now using the internet, that phytic acid and other shit found in bread and processed food is shit for your teeth.

If we were carnivores we could survive on meat alone. We can't. You will die if you try that.

see
he is technically correct, but his conclusions are retarded. a sub 1% increase in lifetime colon cancer does not warrant switching over to a vegetarian diet along with all the problems that carries.

I agree with you in a sense, but i think its nutrient density where we differ

i think we have eaten a lot of veg for a long time but the reality is it doesnt provide the calories required

i feel like steak and lettuce is the prime example the calories come from meat and fat

i eat pretty much an even volume of veg so my diet is half vegetables

but ultimately meat is so nutrient dense and veg is so light that the majority of the calories are from the meat

or what you have to calories somehow??

even eating even thirds between carb/fat/protein is too much carb for me, makes me tired and lethargic

where do you go from there? almost every vegetarian protein source is loaded with starch and carboyhdrates or other undesirable shit like phytic acid, casein or xenoestrogens….

then what, ten avocados and six hundred coconuts for coconut oil a day? the maths doesnt add up if everyone ate like that we would be fucked

ketogenic diet and people do it all the time? are you fucking retarded?

Man I'm not a vegetarian or any dumb shit like that. I'm saying that vegetables should be a significant portion of your diet, not an afterthought.

What are you even talking about? I swear you're just fucking with me user, I don't buy that you honestly think humans are carnivores.

tooth decay aint a good argument

cavemen didnt floridate their water and flouridosis makes bones and teeth into swiss cheese

Tell that to the traditional Inuits, Masai, Plains Indians, and every other group of humans that eat and ate minimal (lower bound of 0) plant matter. Masai warriors considered plants to be women food.

Owsley Stanley (the LSD guy) lived on meat alone for 50 years before dying in a car crash. activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/ftopic22-0-0-asc-.php

Go read about Vilhjalmur Stefansson and his time with the Inuit. Or when he ate nothing but meat at Belleview Hospital for a year and was perfectly healthy, much to the surprise of the carbcuck doctors and (((medical establishment))).
highsteaks.com/carnivores-creed/vilhjalmur-stefansson/

If you wanna ignore how bad bread it for your teeth, go ahead. Phytic acid, in addition to rotting your teeth, also hinders the absorption of a number of essential nutrients, and causes inflammation in the body.

rip thread

you are most certainly right about bread and phytic acid

only a fool would eat that shit

But they didn't just eat meat, as we think of it today. They ate the organs and drank the blood. Yes that's still animal products, but it's not shit you're gonna buy at a grocery store. They ate the brains, the eyes, all that nasty shit.

don't keto
keto is bad
carbs are good

The great civilizations of the world had a staple carbohydrate.

Rice in the East.
Wheat in the West.

That's just because it's a lot easier to reliably and regularly provide enough food for a large army or civilization with wheat and rice than meat. Not because they're particularly nutritious or good for you, just that they're high calorie foods that'll keep you from starving.

carbs aint good faggot

wheat is a war/famine food, it is not an ideal base for optimal health

Your extremely repetitive sperging is killing the thread

I don't know if you *need* to eat organs. Fatty muscle meat has basically everything you need. That being said, I highly recommend it. They are extremely nutritious.

In other news, you are admitting they survived as carnivores. Read into them, and you'll find they thrived, too. Weston Price considered the Inuit some of the healthiest people he encountered in all of his travels. Europeans were flabbergasted by the health and stature of the very carnivorous Plains Indians.

Is this not a thread about eating healthy? Wheat and corn are not good for you. They're just reliable staple foods. Do some research on this and see for yourself.

Dogs can also survive on a meatless diet, but they won't be very healthy. Humans evolved for a mixed diet of meat and vegetables. Denying that is ridiculous.

bone broths are good

i think you can get quite a lot of good shit from an old fashioned soup made with bone broth

I'll do some more research on this carnivorous humans thing, I'll admit I've never heard of it before. But I don't see how it could be healthier than the diet we evolved to eat for millions of years.

whats ridiculous is believing what you are told about everything and then repeating it even though its baseless

Filtered the faggot, just unbearable.

Usually when you boil bones you get the gelatin and connective tissue which makes the broth into a stock.

CARBS ARE GOOD!

DO NOT LOW CARB!

"Low carb dieting appears to be a good strategy to spur fat loss and lower scale weight in the short term. However, the plan’s short-term fat loss comes at the expense of suppressing the resting metabolism long term, destroying our own tissues, depleting glycogen, burdening the liver, and stressing every cell in the body. The effects of chronically high adrenaline and cortisol used to support both lipolysis and gluconeogenesis are widespread."

functionalps.com/blog/2010/12/12/low-carb-diet-death-to-metabolism/

if you're worried about phytic acid — which I wouldn't be — then do sourdough aka partially fermented bread

yeah i know many people that have had success in treating chronic health conditions with bone broths

that one actually managed to prise a few people away from the clutches of the skinny pale vegetarians

it also does wonders for your skin, nothing makes your skin glow and hair shine like bone broth

Weston A. Price is a good person to start with.

Then check out Ray Peat.

raypeat.com/articles/

what a load of bullshit, i dont have an ounce of fat on me i am shredded lol my concern is health and energy levels specifically

i was shredded when i was a vegetarian because i could not keep weight on or put muscle on

i still have zero fat, i just have bulk more muscle now and feel fantastic all the time

i have had chronically high adrenaline and cortisol due to an illness i had, i know EXACTLY what that feels like and lowering carbs does the opposite

where the fuck are you reading this shit

why the fuck would i do that?? all processed flours clump the blood together and fuck with the immune system, its too much sugar too granulized absorbed too quickly it feeds bacteria like there is no tomorrow

for the tiny amount of carbs i do eat, sweet potato and normal potatoes are more than adequte and are also pretty high in protein and all sorts of other beneficial shit, with an absolute stellar glycemic index rating

bread isnt the devil, its flour itself

Ray Peat

stressproofenergy.com/the-ray-peat-diet-explained/

raypeat.com/articles/

raypeatforums.com/

Yeah guys, healthy European populations have been eating bread for 2+ millennia but in the year 2000 bread all the sudden became bad for you.

You think that's likely?

I could say the same of you, buying into government approved diet plans. Have you ever done any independent research into nutrition?

Some carbs are good yeah, but excess amounts are not. Major sources of carbs in the modern diet carry a host of negative side effects.

What's the issue?

Sourdough reduces phytic acid concentrations but it does not eliminate it.

interdasting
a quick look through the site is also interdasting

only thing i dont agree with about that image is the 3-7 meals a day and never skip breakfast bullshit

if it takes 8 or 12 hours to start getting energy from complex foods and up to 24 hours to have fully digested a meal then eating breakfast, seems kinda pointless to me, you are getting the energy after the day is over

and at night i eat a combination of simple and complex foods, simple foods have a 2-4 hour to start getting energy 2-8 hours to completely digest

which means you are covered for the nights recovery, have replenished glycogen, and have enough in the tank to take you through to dinner again

when you raise insulin you engage the rest mode of the nervous system
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympathetic_nervous_system

which diverts blood from the brain to the digestive system, causes pupils to unfocus and all sorts of other rest and recover related phenomenon

eat to much carbs and it puts you to sleep, even too much protein will eventually hit insulin and put you to sleep

just cant do it. the earlier i start eating the more tired and hungrier i get. i can understand if you sit at a desk with a coffee in hand all day but ive got shit to do and im not carrying around a gut full of anything while im doing it.

Those healthy European populations ate a lot more sourdough bread and fermented foods in general, which reduces many of the negative effects of wheat based foods. Today, fermented foods are uncommon and almost nobody eats sourdough.

Additionally, the main benefit of wheat is that it can be produced in mass quantities to feed a much larger population than you could sustain on hunting and gathering alone. That's why the development of agriculture led directly to the development of civilization. It's not that it's particularly good for you at all, it's that you can produce a lot of it to sustain large populations within a relatively small area.

you are kidding right? every single thing i have said in this thread is based on personal research into biology and nutrition.

i have never read one single 'diet' every diet i have ever followed i have constructed from scratch.

everything i have said is also correlated between that research and my own and others direct personal experience.

They were a lot more active. Breads and oatmeal type food were fed to gladiators though because they needed the fast energy. It's certainly good for that kind of situation.

Same here man, so I dunno why you're gonna tell me I'm believing everything I'm told. I haven't repeated anything in this thread that I haven't looked into myself. I stopped talking about the carnivorous humans thing because although it seems extremely unlikely to me, I haven't done any research into it.

muslims have been eating flat bread literally chock full of phytic acid for thousands of years so obviously it must be good for you then???

Are you a fucking idiot or something?

I've been brushing with fluoride free toothpaste since the early 1990s, I drink filtered water and haven't been to the dentist since 1991. My 2015 checkup was perfect, I got a tooth cleaning and the dentist admitted there was simply nothing else to do. My teeth were fine.

i guess it depends where you research
by default i dont trust universities, most of my research is through places like earthclinic.com and other such websites, ie correlations of anecdotes not scientific studies on populations

i only use text book style knowledge in areas like biology where it is simple repeatable tests like interactions between components, i dont trust ANYTHING that draws conclusions, i draw my own conclusions

usually i take large correlations of anecdotes and look for underlying mechanisms then test them on myself

I'm glad for you user, and your good oral hygiene. Also that you're smart enough to see how fucked fluoride is. That doesn't change the fact the phytic acid is bad for your teeth. You can do a lot of meth and have a healthy heart if you exercise enough. And tooth decay is only one of the effects of phytic acid, it has a number of other negative effects on the body, like hindering the absorption of many important nutrients, and causing inflammation in various tissues.

Do you keep a journal, or some other record of your self-experimentation? I'd be really interested in seeing that. And good on ya for not trusting most of the shit that comes out of universities today. It's best to do a little research on the authors and take a very critical eye to their methodology before buying into anything, especially on controversial topics.

This is the redpill for longevity and health btw .

How did your mind become to broken user?

a lot of it is from when i was younger and was deathly ill, the doctors had no idea what the fuck was going on so i had to sort it out for myself, i was a little too preoccupied trying not to die to take notes but its all still in my head

vinegar my friends, you can get very far on a very simple bottle of acetic acid, no joke

i posted on half chans fit for nearly 5 years, i had a facebook group and i must have answered thousands of yahoo answers questions. ive saved a few people irl and there is now an entire new school of medicine, it used to be called "scientific holistic therapy" now its called "nutritional and environmental medicine", its pretty much where medical research and nutrition intersect, applying holistic whole body approaches in a scientific manner.

places like this are about, im sure there is one in the US
acnem.org/

even general practitioners are starting to get involved now… this used to be fringe shit you had to pay a premium $$$ for, now you can walk in to any number of doctors offices and get all the shit on government healthcare, for you, for free

so im not so worried, i did enough in the early days, the torch has been passed on so to speak

now I am more concerned with applying the knowledge i have directly to people i care about

like all you fucking assholes

reshi mushroom is a god tier medicine, full of beta glucans and all sorts of crazy beneficial chemicals, im not surprised that dude lived for aeons

when i was younger you had to order it from china it was hundreds of dollars for capsules with a couple grams in it

now i can buy fresh reishi, black fungus, portabella etc for a few dollars a kilo

Well thanks user. Care to share some info on vinegar? I've heard multiple times that it's very good for you, but nothing concrete. Same for citric acid.

How can we tell the fraud witchdoctor shit from the real stuff? I know there is a huge incentive for the modern medical industry to charge you for all sorts of expensive treatments that might otherwise be solved with cheaper materials but I don't know how to find the middle-ground between that and "drink 3 litres of water with 1mg of mercury to cure cancer"

If we do not preserve the knowledge and the good genetics, jews will have us mutate into short lived work beasts .

>>7281623

I could design an entire nutrition plan for you with less than 10% cooked after buying and low sodium. I only recommend low sodium because it is so easy for someone like yourself to get too much of it anyway if you eat out or out of a can at least once a week.

Here is an incomplete things if what you would eat.

wont let me post wtf

You want minimum 18% Protein in your diet and Minimum 25% Fat in your diet. (*Diet=Nutrition Plan)

No one is too busy to eat at home. This is bullshit. If you need to work for a living then home made meals can not be beaten for time spent making/cleaning unless you literally CEO 10k/day. Freeze Ready to eat meals up to two weeks ahead. Freeze refrigerate only meals up to 5 days ahead.

Drink distilled or reverse osmosis water, the filtration systems to get clean water are cheap and effective to get rid of flouride and are magnitudes cheaper than water bottles.

acetic acid is produced in the gut by fermenting starch

it is a short chain fatty acid, short chain fatty acids have an intense effect on the lining of the gut, re-hydrating the lining of a lot of the intestinal tract

it works on the scalp in the same way, to see how the effect works when you have a dry flaky scalp use a spray bottle to spray half water half cheap vinegar into your hair, the scalp repairs itself in seconds and so does the hair

it has the same effect on the intestines

thats my favourite effect, it has many other interactions that are known and probably tonnes more that arent known

citric acid is vital for cellular energy production
if you look at the krebs cycle:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle

you will find 9 steps, to get from basic carbohydrate to cellular energy, citric acid and citrates are all over it

as far as fatigue and chronic fatigue goes i think interruptions and problems in these conversion steps cause a lot of fatigue

malates are there too, malic acid from apples

i think that a lemon or an apple can bump up mental and physical energy as much as caffeine can, especially if you are actually tired and want to get back to normal and you are not just looking for an extra kick

im also pretty sure that citrates have some ionic interactions that can pull electrolytes into the cell intra-cellularly i think it is, it pulls potassium into the cells via osmosis

magnesium citrate is the best at this, you can find it in things like hydralite and really expensive electrolyte formulas

i used to blend/juice apples+lemons+watermelon to get as much magnesium/malates/citrates as i could cheaply

sherbert is also mostly citric acid and sugar

Distilled water will strip your body of minerals.

Protein:

Please don't repeat things when you are retarded.
-You do not get minerals from water, your body does not just absorb a lump of magnesium
-Even if you did, which you do not, the amount in a gallon of water is negligible
-What do you think happens in your intestines? Your whole body just magically tries to make an equillibrium to them? You would be unable to absorb most vitamins and nutrients if this "common sense" nonsense was in any way true.

I could design an entire nutrition plan for you with less than 10% cooked after buying and low sodium. I only recommend low sodium because it is so easy for someone like yourself to get too much of it anyway if you eat out or out of a can at least once a week.

Here is an incomplete things if what you would eat.
Protein: Milk -If you're lactose intolerant go get some of them pill enzymes cause dairy is awesome- Mozzarella Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Peanuts (these days check for may contain soy or roasted in "vegetable" oil - soy is shit even for females), Tuna, Eggs, Chicken Breasts, Whole Chickens, Turkey, Salmon, Lentils, Whey protein (Make sure it does not even contain soy lechitin, which is what it usually is if they don't say what kind it is).
Fat: Butter, Sour Cream, Whole Tuna, Avocado, Eggs, Cheese, Peanuts, Almonds, Any whole fish you might catch, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil.
Carbohydrates: Apples, Peanuts, Oranges, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Milk, Yogurt, Rye Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, (Check against soy use in breads, avoid soy'), Onions, Garlic, Blueberries, Pears, Cabbage
Spices: Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Mint, Basil, Oregano, Cumin

You want minimum 18% Protein in your diet and Minimum 25% Fat in your diet. (*Diet=Nutrition Plan)

No one is too busy to eat at home. This is bullshit. If you need to work for a living then home made meals can not be beaten for time spent making/cleaning unless you literally CEO 10k/day. Freeze Ready to eat meals up to two weeks ahead. Freeze refrigerate only meals up to 5 days ahead.

Drink distilled or reverse osmosis water, the filtration systems to get clean water are cheap and effective to get rid of flouride and are magnitudes cheaper than water bottles.

was to do with the bolding, oh well

meanwhile back in the 80's

i eat about 45/35/10
40-45% protein 35-40% protein and no more than 10% carb

Please elaborate, or you could just not be jewish (implying you can stop)

I did say minimum, I did not recommend someone eat only 25% fat and ONLY 18% protein

35-40 fats sorry
protein obsessed

did you cunts know that organs are all mostly protein? and that organs turn over amino acids 3x as fast as muscle??

even if you are shredded and jacked to fuck most of the amino acids you eat go towards mainting organs

growing cells and shit that requires proteins does not mean the old proteins from the old cells is excreted, our bodies are highly efficient

you are correct about the importance of protein and fat to our brain and other organs though

and if anyone is interested in more of the nutritional and environmental medicine i have mentioned this post is me as well

where I am outlining details about this guy here

Healthy food you say?

Deep insight into the mind of the jew.

Polite sage

Originally I had seen the trailer for this and looked at the cast. I thought "I wonder how all these kikes are going to manage to make an animated movie about food completely degenerate?"

Well, this is how. I can't fucking believe this.

You underestimate them.

wow your advice is shit

1) low sodium is shit advice, far better to target high potassium, vinegar for example is a highly concentrated source of potassium

2) dairy is shit. A) lactose is a simple sugar, milk is sugar water for babies for fuck sake grow up. B) even if you neutralize the lactose, its still loaded with casein which is an anti-nutrient blocking the absorption of various trace elements. C) BGH Bovine growth hormone, increases the rate at which cells divide which might be great when you are growing as a child but as an adult it causes dead skin cells to accumulate on the surface of the skin causing shitty complexion / skin conditions and cells can only divide so much, contributing to premature aging.

3) peanuts are shit, covered in fungus that accumulates in the guts and fucks shit up, i dont recommend anyone eat anything peanut at all ever

4) products made with flour have shit glycemic index and promote the overgrowth of bad bacteria and diabeetus, bread is a joke.

a peanut butter sandwich is on par with pizza, they are shit tier foods eaten by pizza face losers

If he really could lower his metabolism combined with calorie restriction, I suppose he could have lived that long. It's how tortoises live so long at least.

Thanks for all these informative posts, user. Saved them for later reference.

no problem glad to see people can see the value in this stuff…. it is most certainly red pills

sometimes i feel like im bashing my head against a wall trying to get basement dwellers to understand the implications, all the info is all out in plain sight, its mostly about connecting the dots to fathom the implications

if you want to read some crazy shit look into the iceman wim hof

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

i have theorized myself for sometime that between the sun, breathing and drinking water you can affect some profound physiological affects on the body, this guy has proved a lot of it, though you have to look into it, wikipedia and the like dont report on all of his findings

I even created my own breathing system similiar to his system before i found out about him as I do some personal training type stuff, I created a 5/8 breathing cycle to increase oxygen intake, which allows you to run further before the lungs give out and stops lactic acid build up, its 5 steps breathing in, 3 steps breathing out

i can run indefinitely on that system, it is crazy to say the least

I was brought up on a diet of fresh-caught free range sand crabs and tree bark and I turned out just fine.

which reminds me, that movie the secret garden…

anyone seen that? its massive red pill.

the boy is sick as fuck and gets locked up inside all the time and they wont open the windows to let the sun in or let him go outside

then he starts sneaking out all the time, gets sunlight, does exercise and recovers

the book/movie is about going against the accepted (((consensus))) of whats best for you and instead doing what actually works

I suffer from severe IBS, which was under control when I started my /fit/ journey a long time ago.

But it's been getting worse, so bad that I've been missing gym days left and right, and lost about 15 pounds, my 405 pound squat has gone down 30% because of that shit.

I have no idea what to do, I've always been eating clean, but I've cut out lactose out of my diet entirely (with the exception of aged cheeses)

Most of my meals these days have just been soups, but it doesn't seem to be helping, I'm melting weight and can't seem to eat more than 2 meals a day without having an attack.

What you say is true, although I think you missed some of the message embedded in that book. A lot of it was based on Christian Science principles that a connection with nature and God could overcome any ills. There were quite a few scenes in which the children prayed in the garden. In the time the book was written, Christian Science made more sense than it does now. You were taking your chances with medical care back then; it was just as likely to make you worse than it was to make you better.

A great deal of the book focused on the concept of English practicality and common sense, which is the opposite of throwing off conventional ideals. The emphasis was on plain food, hard work, and prayer over rich foods and an aristocratic lifestyle.

Disdain for the rich and idolization of the poor was a big factor in the story. The problems of both children were portrayed as being due to being raised by servants instead of parents and being cosseted in order to shut them up.

Colin's main problem was not ill health, but mental illness, in that he suffered from hypochondria and severe anxiety. His father was a hunchback and so he feared he too would become a hunchback. This morbid fear led to his hypochondria—he was never really ill in the conventional sense of the word. In addition, he suffered from the traumatic death of his mother and his father's reaction to it.

Mary herself had been ill, but was already recovering when she was brought to the manor. She also suffered from the childhood trauma not only of her long illness but of being abandoned in her home in India when both her parents died of cholera and the servants fled, leaving her alone in the world. In the beginning she was portrayed as a sour, humorless, spoiled child with few redeeming characteristics.

While the book, on the surface, did seem to be about two children regaining their physical health, in truth it was about the children regaining their mental health through espousing traditional English values.

Try Equalactin:

ibstales.com/equalactin.htm

You didn't say whether you have the constipation kind, the diarrhea kind, or the alternating kind, but supposedly it works on all three. It's calcium polycarbophil, which is supposed to even out the consistency of your crap by evening out the water in your intestinal tract. My mother swore by it, ymmv. Apparently it says it's a laxative but it's not, unless you consider all fiber products laxatives. If you have diarrhea it will not give you the shits, and it works pretty quickly, so it's worth trying. Order a small amount online and give it a try.

I got the alternating kind, I'll be plugged up all week, and then on the weekend have a violent attack and cramps so bad that I end up vomiting.

I'll give it a go though, thanks.

sorry to hear about it
not a tree hugger, but have you tried any natural remedies like Apple Cider Vinegar? I used it to rid myself of acid reflux

Yep, been having apple-cider vinegar mixed with honey, and it sorta-kinda helps.

The only thing that really calms me down is just a glass of ginger tea or a glass of hot-water. It just sucks because I don't think I'll be able to bulk again.

I was 195 almost 200 and nearing my goal weight when my work shifted my schedule around to nights, and from then the IBS just kept getting worse, I'm at 170 now.

I'm only 25, and I don't think it's anything serious, I had a colonoscopy before I started doing cardio back at 21, and they didn't find anything, and from what it sounds like, it runs in the family.

The only thing I can think of now that was different then was the cardio, since I took my lifting seriously I cut out cardio entirely, due to the fact that my lifts would stall.

I might start running or riding my bike again for a couple of weeks and see if it helps, coupled with what

this fellow suggested, gonna buy some off amazon now.

Yeah my mom had that kind. If she took a laxative to end the constipation, she'd get a devastating attack of the shits, and if she took an anti-diarrheal to stop the shits, she'd be plugged up for a week.

She wasn't able to control it completely through diet either. One time she tried a high-fiber diet that a doctor gave her and she wound up having bricklike frequent bowel movements, it was horrible.

I can't guarantee that the Equalactin will work, but it did work for her. Start out with the smallest dose just in case, and drink a FULL! GLASS! OF! WATER!!! when you take it, just like the instructions say, or I can guarantee you will get gut cramps and problems.

I'm convinced the only reason my degenerate ass is still alive is thanks to my unreasonable water consumption. I'm a hardcore alcoholic that eats exclusively meat, beans, cooked veggies and berries. Somehow I'm still alive and kicking and looking younger than a lot of 28 year olds at 36 years of age.

Diet makes a difference. Even if you're a degenerate piece of shit you can still manage to survive a bit longer by limiting your diet aside from your drug of choice.

Same user here: I brew my own tea in a 1.5 gallon pot every couple of days (Lipton or Sweetouchnee, nothing special), although I do buy and drink the premade stuff if I fuck up and forget to make a pot. The jugs come in handy for fridge storage though.

Try fresh beer with live yeastit will fix you.

I know sodas bad for you, but it does liver damage?

Same user here: I don't know what soda does to you aside from diabeetus, but I quit mainly because that shit was melting my teeth (my enamel is fucked now). Also it makes you fat as fuck, but that's obvious.

Maybe you have cancer? Or AIDS? :/

Non-GMO food is a waste of money

Cottage pie:

I really would guess most the protein You eat gets converted to carbohydrates.
I doubt people need as much protein as some suggest. However I know some amino acids are less common in modern diet (e.g. glycine).

Eggcellent choice user. I prefer to make Shepherds pie, but ground lamb can be a pain in the dick to get, so I usually make cottage pie.

Not sure if it's "healthy" but I'd rather die fat of ass cancer than never eat meat pie again.

Lamb is not readily available around my part of the world, I have to make do with beef.

I've just tried salmon mousse and it's fucking amazing.

Low calorie as fuck and goes well with anything.

So like, tl'dw, if you're hungry there's probably a reason for it and you should eat food?

Point factor of civilization right there. Wheat, potatoes and rice, depending on the area.

May have been the point factor to why civilizations, and cities didn't hit the milion mark in the Americas besides the incans because of the potato.. Wild rice and corn are unstable sources of carbs. Many areas of Africa too, of course.

The clmate in northern Europe always have been a great factor to the instability throughout history. Wool, pelts and leather were big commodities from up north instead in earlier timed. Luckily, rye and barley were better suited for colder climates, and the german and scandinavian traditions of brown and black sourdough bread sure have boosted the health of the cultures.

Cale also thrives in temperate to cold climates, and are super nutritious foods. Generally, in diverse biospheres more nutritious varieties exist, though less in amounts.

Jumping on to my 5 cents. Nutrition is everything. Tradition has all the answers.

If all you needed was to be happy, you'd also be able to feel the love the food gives you. Spiritually, everything got a soul, and even though we can't consume a rock, maybe deep down there's more into stuff than the material only. Energies give off imprints. Take a hike where the trenches of the west fronts of WW1 if you don't believe me.

I work with children and I have seen small girls nutritionally starving themselves because they didn't like to eat the meat they always got served. The parents didn't know how they felt about it, and why they didn't eat their food. Sensitive as they were, they started eating again when the family begun serving more plant based food.

Meat can be very nutritious, for the one lacking b vitamins or proteins. These cases were different. They just didn't like meat, and they didn't know why, they just followed their gut instinct, and people may think it just was a call for attention or pity for the animals. Of course, it also was those things.

Looking at how farm animals live, this is not surprising. Nutritions or not. The most spiritual people all agree on this: there has been brought violence into the equation. It is not 'right' to do so. What animal does taste best: the happy, or the sad one? The tortured one or the one put out of its misery out of love? Is the animal happy due to basic needs, or is it happy because of a fufilling life it was born into living?

Love, in any case, is a major factor of how we should live. Have you found the love everything is as it should be. Are our actions good for everything, including the ever so important gains, or is it important to get the boost from killing and eating a happily living, say, deer, when you perhaps could live better off eating a plant based diet, for arguments sake, including yeast raised bread? Is it importsnt that both gets to live? Is the envionment in danger from the herbivore?

All things considered. It is a tough call. Meat tastes just so fucking good, but is it really good for you? Only you can tell. Maybe reptiles like birds are better sources of meat, and maybe can live more or less content on one square feet of wood shavings. Maybe you'd die from starvation without your game. The spirit of all things must be consulted, because you are not that important compared to all.

Reminder to try cooking the vegetables you empirically know that you don't like in different ways. Stewing, steaming, frying, broiling, boiling alone, in a soup, plain or overseasoned.

There's nothing a good sear in a blisteringly hot cast iron skillet can't make better, in lard, tallow or some other animal fat. If it's edible raw, throw it in the pan at the last minute when you're done or almost done cooking everything else. A healthy vegetable uneaten will always lose to a slightly unhealthier one that's consumed.

If you don't know how to into spices, consider chicken breast. Besides a touch of salt, just fuck around with it. It's meaty and mild, the perfect canvas. Slap some stuff on it and find out what works. Try combinations, but more importantly, try things in isolation.
If the result tastes similar to something else, maybe you could combine the two, jot it down.
If it's not good, jot it down to avoid.
If it's terrible, you'll remember it.

Some spices taste better when they get some time in oil or on a dry pan beforehand. Paprika, for example. Heat the oil, throw in the paprika, give it 10-15 seconds, throw in the food.

Some spices seem to be universal, like (smoked) paprika and pepper. Use the fuck out of them, they'll probably work.

The secret to cooking is to fuck around. Well, after you've gotten a handle on the basic techniques.
Unless it's bread or baking of that sort. Then there's a stupid amount of subtle science, ratios and hard-to-interpret feedback on top of a much narrower range of fucking around. But you still need to fuck around to make sense of it.

So go fuck around.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else incapable of feeling hunger?

Crop scout here, he's only partially correct.

Corn is planted because it makes a fuckton of money.
Potatoes can make even more money per acre on ideal ground for it. So why not plant potatoes all the time instead of corn? Diseases, weeds and insect pests. Reducing latent disease and pests is the primary motivator for rotating crops, and is a normal thing which has been done for thousands of years. In potatoes, one of the big issues is verticillium wilt, which can destroy second plantings of many varieties of potatoes.

Note that while potatoes, tomatoes, tobacco, peppers and other nightshade family of plants are known for their ability to pick up heavy metals in abnormally large amounts, this is simply not a consideration for a typical farmer. Basically a company comes to the farmers, says "Hey, you have ideal potato ground that hasn't had potatoes on it for x amount of time, we'll give you a contract to use your land to grow potatoes for us for a year". It's that simple.
Keep in mind, nightshades do this naturally, and unless YOU are sending in leaf and soil samples to get tested, you have no clue what is going on in your food. It doesn't matter if you grew it in a garden, if it's "organic" or some other stupid feel good bullshit. Unless that potato comes with a printout detailing the results of a test from the field it came from, you have no fucking clue it's it good or bad.

For better or worse, heavy metals are not a concern. I have never had a single question or request to test for them it in the 7 years that I have been monitoring crops or taking soil and tissue samples. And when I say heavy metals, I mean things like lead, arsenic, and other things which are not micro-nutrients that you or the plants need in small amounts.
The single exception to this, is copper (which is a micro-nutrient), which is used in orchards (a permanent crop) to try and control fungal and bacterial problems. Because copper is an element and not really water soluble, in very old orchards levels can sometimes built up to be a problem, in which case the orchard is taken out and that's that.

Before you get excited about just potatoes though, ask yourself about how you can be certain ANY of the foods you eat do not have an unacceptable level of heavy metals. How do you know there wasn't lead paint on the building near your garden? How do you know there wasn't contamination from a factory upwind from a field? How do you know that the phosphate and lime that were mined don't have a large amount of natural contamination? How do you know that any of the large variety of chemicals could cause plants to uptake things they normally wouldn't?
You have no fucking idea. No one does. I sure don't!
It's probably a couple decades away, but at some point I expect some sort of regulation to demand per field nutrient analysis of food crops.
If it bothers you, you may consider looking into a lab that does that sort of thing. A normal soil or plant analysis runs about $20. I'm not sure what a heavy metal analysis would run you, but probably more.
More on heavy metals in ag: health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/risk/studies/metals.html

Honestly though, I would consider the amount of carbs in a potato to be the first danger where I to eat of lot of them, and the second on my list would be the alkaloids they produce. Some people are sensitive to chemicals nightshades produce and it can fuck with them in many subtle ways that are hard to identify a source.

foodsmatter.com/allergy_intolerance/nightshade/articles/potatoes_morrow_b_08_11.html

Have you tried
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks
sorry for wikipedia
I've got ulcerative colitis, almost always diarrhea and since I started taking the stuff (maybe a week or two) it has helped at least a bit. This stuff is supposed to help with constipation and diarrhea and AFAIK without side effects. But of course look into it yourself before taking it

I eat no vegitables, no fish or birds, only meat, pasta, potatoes etc. Worked out fine this far.

Try running your cells without ATP, jackass.
Or is that "jew science"?

I honestly don't think there's anything more insufferable than fad diets and food cultists. So much junk science, specious reasoning, people screaming about cavemen diets

I don't get why people can't just use common sense and not turn into religious nuts with this shit

Even nutritionists can't fucking agree and all have their "redefine how we understand nutrition" theory, not just the informercial whores either, all of them. It's worse than goddamn psychology and there's ALWAYS a fucking magic bullet.

What's more likely: chinks lying, or this one guy more than doubling the accepted world record for longevity?

shiet i tried making something spicy with it
i got salsa, cherry tomatoes and kebabs
shit was nice and spicy
gonna put less meat and more tomatoes or maybe some nuts next time

Have you ever met with people that work in that field? Compare them to the type of people you see working on Astrophysics or even cutting edge Biology. The Nutrition field only attracts the C- students who lack the type of discipline and insight to run proper experiments and interpret the results correctly.

Pretty evil.

the bread in Asia isn't even bread

It's fair-traded, organic and even gluten-free, so I'm totally okay with paying this much.

We have a social & environmental responsibility, which all of these nauseating, flesh-eating TRUMP voters simply don't get.

$0.10 has been deposited into your account

b8/8 made me reply ctr shill, go spread your discord elsewhere

anorexic /fa/ggots pls go

wasted dubs

He's clearly joking. Get yourselves tested for autism.

Fuck you. I'm a Trump supporter. All I eat is vegetables, small amount of fruit, home raised chicken/eggs and fish.
Everything that I consume I look in the eyes everyday for months sometimes years before hand. I know the price and the work it takes to earn my food.

I was triggered by the pic

I was pretty certain it was b8 but the spectrum of shilling is wider than my spectrum at the moment.

Y-you're joking, right?

I'm a Hillary supporter. All I eat is dick.

/fit/ has always had good info on meals

Jesus fucking Christ WHY??

No. Build yourself a nice aquaponics system. I'd recommend a greenhouse. I've seen others in basements, backyards and rooftops though.
For chickens you just have to make sure your city allows you to breed and raise domestic farm fowl.

It's nature.
That being said it wasn't meant to happen that way and that guy is a fucking piece of shit.

please post your recipe, I want to bake this

Ausfag here, why is cornbread so popular in the US? I don't know much about it, we don't really have it here, but wouldn't it be very nutrient poor? I've never had any, just seen it in movies with mainly dindus

Corn is widely available in US. Dont know about wheat, but maybe it has to do with prices, seasonality or even supply/demand.

I would cut out all eggs, meat, and dairy in that info graph. All that cholesterol and saturated fat is too harmful to the heart.

Maybe limit fish to once every two weeks or so.

"The is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate" means there is no need to consume exogenous carbohydrates. ATP can be produced using lipids (fats), and any glucose (the brain needs a small amount) your body needs can be produced from lipids or proteins by your liver. If you don't eat carbohydrates, you become ketogenic, and your body uses fatty acids and ketone bodies for fuel. Breast milk contains a bit of carbohydrates, but you could otherwise never consume a carbohydrate in your life and being perfectly healthy and strong.

because there is loads of corn so why not make bread out of it?

Looks like a pumpernickel ryebread. It's a very special type of bread with a unique taste. IIRC it ranks low on the glycemic index and is suitable for diabetics. As someone who follows more or less a paleo diet i approve of whole grain rye bread, probably the only type of bread that doesn't give you an insta-gut and extreme bloodsugar spikes.

Having said that i prefer black bread - rye bread baked with sourdough. It has a more acidic taste, which i prefer.

Corn is hugely subsidized by the US gov so they push it's consumption whenever possible, and it's the primary feed source for most factory farms.

Terrible idea. Common sense leaves you vulnerable to all the cultural baggage accumulated through intentional and unintentional subversion. Read Weston Price (>>7281054). People's common sense of yesteryear was eat a ton of available animals, cooked and raw, nose to tail. If they were not widely available, such as in remote parts of Europe, they would at least get the dairy fat, and they would produce plant food with careful processes to minimized the harmful effects of consuming them.

People's "common sense" of today is eat low fat, high carb, mostly plants. They'll eat a burger, but think the meat is the bad guy. Everyone has the sense that vegetarianism is the healthier way to go. The medical establishment advocates using vegetable oils instead of animal fats. This is all terribly unhealthy and bad for the heart, yet here we see saying exactly the opposite. This has been the "common sense" since the 70s when the corn Jews, wheat Jews, and sugar Jews lobbied the government enough to make it so. The result of "common sense" has been an increase in diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. This could have all been avoided. Read Gary Taubes.

Use "common sense" at your own peril.

/fit/ believes in calories and all of their infographics are for people who want to gain musclemass. I've never seen anything of value coming out of /fit/ from a nutritional health perspective.

For example: Brown and white rice have a very different nutritional makeup as do potatoes and sweet potatoes, but since the author only thoughtprocess was "MUH CARBS" he didn't care and even added pasta and unprocessed beans.

Same goes for Butter, Peanut butter , Olive oil, etc. It's a really bad idea to lump different types of foods together, because the nutritional spectrum, health benefits and risks are vastly different.
archive.is/QKYC8

Broken link:

Let's hear your common sense, user. What does your diet look like?

I agree, but it goes even deeper than that. Christian clergy (and countless kings and queens throughout history) made the decision to push wheat and grains, because it stores for a very long time, up to 30 years under dry conditions, which means that any culture that relies on wheat for sustainance has the ability to survive catastrophic events that leave humanity without fresh food sources.

Isn't that the low carb diet that says no fruit?

Low carbs is not remotely healthy.

It's not no fruit, it's not much fruit. Which is reasonable since we didn't evolve to eat shitloads of sugar all the time, fruit was a seasonal thing.

What makes you think low carb diets are unhealthy? I dunno if I'd recommend keto levels, but high carb diets are terrible for you. Carbs definitely have their uses but munching on bread and shit all the time is not a healthy diet.

So, tell me, why a low-carb diet "not even remotely healthy"

That's a fine observation and everything but /fit/ also doesn't give a shit about the fats who don't even work hard enough to burn a baseline daily amount of calories in the same day, slowly blowing up like a balloon but it's filled with stupid, instead.

>It's really that simple

Because unless you're a nigger or a gook your total consumption should be 75% protein 20% fat and 5% candy and other irresponsible shit, vegetables

Got a reverse osmosis water filter recently, great purchase would recommend I've never felt so pure.

There was nothing of value in that video.

Fucking hell Americans.

Americans are the nicest people around, man.

For anyone with a rice cooker that has a keep warm option, I highly recommend "tamago gohan" - literal translation "egg over rice". Very simple, extremely quick, very healthy Japanese breakfast dish.

Simply pour yourself a fresh bowl of steaming hot rice, then carve a little 'cradle' or 'nest' into the middle and crack an egg raw into it. It should sit inside the hole you carved so that the hot rice warms it up, without burning away the nutrients from raw egg. Then pour soy sauce on top and mix it together.

You can add chopped spring onions and natto (fermented soybean), too, they say when you do, it's a nutritionally complete meal you could live exclusively on. I like to add jalapeno sauce if I don't add natto, as well as some spices - black pepper & paprika. I eat this every morning alongside an espresso, it's as quick as cereal to prepare and gives you a great energy boost.

Only get free range eggs for raw consumption. Much lower risk of salmonella. More nutritious, too

This. On top of sauerkraut & kimchi, I always keep salted pickles and pickled olives stocked. Great to munch on as a snack or side dish.

Forgot to add, make sure you purchase aged & unpasteurized soy sauce for the proper health benefits, not the kikkoman trash.

I use this, the $6 bottle goes a long way and tastes great:
amazon.com/Ganjang-Premium-Gluten-free-Unpasteurized-Artisanal/dp/B00L9X4TRW/

No thanks, nigger. I like shitting.

There is love rooted in my criticism, user

youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM?t=3832 for where i think he talks about it? he talks about liver somewhere
the whole presentation is really interesting

basically, fructose=ethanol. fattens your liver etc

Ramen guy here, I made some bread. I added some flax and chia seeds to the bread to give it a bit more healthy shit, but I forgot the damn salt. It's a great focaccia but it's insipid unless I put some salted butter on top.

Just a blood test for food allergens first before trying diets. It may cost $300, but it's completely worth it. You can remove foods that you have a reaction to and will make you sick. It saved my life.

Sweet potatoes with some tumeric and chopped spinach go great with an eye fillet steak. Cheap too compared to fast food faggotry.

Flax is a really good source of phytoestrogens.

If you want that kind of thing in your diet, that is.

Natto is soybeans faggot. A case is about 10g fiber.

Total nonsense, submarine crews drink water distilled by reverse osmosis and are often underwater as long as 6 months.

A single vitamin tablet has as many minerals as 600 gallons of "mineral water"

I know fashy vegans. As long as they're on board with the message who cares?

McNigger
Real food takes a while to make.

If you didn't have an ounce of fat on you, you'd be dead.

Make homemade soup. It's so easy and it's a quarter of the price of store bought. You can throw whatever you want in, for the most part, and it'll come out fine. Get a broth powder, some brown rice, and load up on frozen vegetables, and you've got soup in 20 minutes on hand, with healthy ingredients, for months (as long as you feel like leaving those vegetables in the freezer or the rice in your cabinet). Toss in meat for some protein if you want (pre-cook). Simplest meal I can imagine, and yet you can still get some good healthy calories. You can obviously make more complex soups by slow cooking bones and whatnot, but this way is 20 minutes and done. Basically as long as it takes to cook the rice.

Too bad I didn't read this comment before I had a few slices. Just a sprinkle of flax throughout the loaf has left enough estrogen in the bread I ate to make me start growing huge lactating breasts. Why didn't I read your post sooner? WHY?

Muesli?

Try colloidal silver. Just make sure you get real colloidal silver at 10 ppm and not some fake shit that will turn your skin blue.

distilled is not what you get when you put water through reverse osmosis you dummy

distilled water does strip your body of minerals, and tastes like ass to boot

I love these threads. Always a great way to find recipes and new dishes to try.

Im just glad it seems like those filthy heretics who deny the greatness and glory of russet potatoes aren't here to shit up the thread

Lol no

Ok so it may not be healthiest, but I do have some suggestions in case it hasn't been mentioned yet on desserts. If you are making anything that requires sugar, you can substitute it for honey. Also helps keep cookies and the like from hardening once exposed to air.

Brown rice contains phytic acid, which supposedly makes the nutrients in the outer shell unavailable to humans unless it is fermented.

user, let me show you how retarded your logic is.

Eating a shitton of anything after going a long while without it will make you sick

REPORTED

So which rice would you suggest? In my research everyone recommends brown.

Stop eating chips you fat fuck.

The phytic acid sperg is awake again

white rice obv.

I don't know who you are talking about, but it's widely known that brown rice is not as easily digestable and absorbed as white rice.

The whole point of brown rice is that it actually has fiber in it which is an indigestible substance which is what makes it useful to the body. People with zero fiber in their diet eat brown rice and get the farts and then blame the rice when in fact it's actually providing a benefit and its the person that's the problem.

rice is for manlet gooks, oats are for white aryan warriors

Silver buildup is what causes argyria or whatever that blueness is called. There isn't much to fake besides the precision of the dose.

If it's not turning you blue, you're using low quantities, using it for a rather short time, or not using actual silver.

I don't know about the other guy, but rice in a soup's a little off-putting, at least texture-wise. Rice noodles or pasta is fine.

Any grain is cuckoldry, newfag

Jews sold rome flax before rome fell to degeneracy….

Just sayin.

It's only /fit/ when we're trying to build over sized muscles that will kill us by age 35. We're about health, not /fit/.

You want to survive and spread our cause, yes?

We're reaching levels of non-argument that shouldn't even be possible

Something that has saved me in the kitchen is a knife sharpener. I grew up poor and never had good cutlery(My mom once bragged that she never spent more than 7 dollars on a knife), as a result I was always sawing through vegetables instead of easily slicing them. I thought it was just the way it was for everybody. It's horrible and difficult so I rarely bothered to cook healthy stuff, or chop up a salad - just baked potatoes and chicken, spaghetti, etc. Then I worked as a helper in a restaurant and and started talking to the chefs. Sharp knives make all the difference and make chopping vegetables and clean up easy and fun.You don't have to buy a fancy sharpening rod or whet stone, (If you're using cheap knives anyway, why bother?) a tool sharpener will do and they're only about 10 bucks.

I recommend you get at least a cleaver (one with some weight to it for big chunks of meat, heads of cabbage, turnips, etc.) and a Santoku knife for slicing and dicing (and practice proper cutting techniques like rocking the blade) and maybe a serrated one for cutting up roasts if that's your thing (much harder to sharpen though). If you cut stuff properly it cuts prep time by about 2/3.

This. The phytic acid hysteria is overblown.

Wha- what was that? Why would anyone do that? I am so thoroughly disgusted right now. I do believe I only need to think of this from now on to lose an erection. That was disgusting

Sorry if I didn't know the name of the type of grain Hitler ate for breakfast faggot. What I do know is that grains serve a good use from time to time, regardless of whether or not they're the healthiest thing for you. Easier to feed a civilisation on grain since they tend to be able to feed more people per acre than other foods.

Sorry, meant to quote

But yes, I agree and I also looked up muesli when I read that post earlier

doubt.jpg

homemade soup is fucking delicious. Never buy that canned shit