5 minutes into the movie

Bit heavy handed, innit? I know GitS was never particularly cerebral Kino but at least the original had enough respect for th audience that it didn't need to literally spell the 2deep4u message.

does it go full circle and tell us that she's not a weapon she's a human bean?

i cant even bring myself to watch this shitfest. id unironically rather watch moonlight again

Kind of. She ends up finding her mother who along with kuze helps her piece together that she used to be an antigovt streetkid living in a shack that was raided for bodies and brains to experiment with and she and kuze were lovers? in their previous lives

Also Kuze and Aramaki's performances and the set/costume design were the only redeeming qualities of the film. I'd say it's worth pirating and watching just for Michael Pitt's performance and the costumes outside of scarjo. Also because the scene where batou gets his cybereyes is fucking hysterical

The original was written for a much highr IQ audience so…

GitS wasn't complicated but it wasn't normie garbage either.

It's okay. Not mind blowing. Not without flaws, but its an okay middle of the road sci-fi movie, on par with that Tom Cruise vehicle, or that one remake you didn't totally hate, but you forgot about a week later.

It kind of was though. Well, Stand Alone Complex, anyway. And I wouldn't call it "kino" because only hipster faggots use that word.

The show kind of terrified me, and not like horror movie terror, it filled me with existential dread. That's where we're fucking headed. Who's human? What's human? Was I born, or was I created or grown in a fucking lab? Are my memories real or were they all implanted and programmed? What if I was a different person yesterday? What if I'm just a factory model and there's a warehouse full of me?

People being able to be invisible because people's eyes can be hacked like cameras? Hacking into people's brains to control them, take over their bodies, command them to kill themelves, etc? What's the difference between human intelligence and artificial intelligence? That those spider tanks were keeping their sentience secret, and not even maliciously but just out of self-preservation was kind of horrific. The series opened a million pandora's boxes and then shined flashlights inside.

I wouldn't give a shit about Kisaragi being hwhite if she was played by someone with tits, though.

I kinda liked this flick. JewHansen as wooden as fuck, but the rest of it was bretty decent.

Cinema these days is for the retarded normalfag or the shitskins. Another example, Rogue One:

There is a need to constantly remind the audience on mobile phones, Facebook or so inbred from cousin fucking what is happening.

If you think this trash heap is "decent" or "okay", then you're an underage millennial who's never once seen or read any cyberpunk function and you have never watched a single decent movie in your life. You really have to be retarded to not see this an objectively bad movie.

And it comes down to the script being fucking retarded. For instance, when they recreate the scene with the garbage truck, why are the garbage men already equipped with P90s? Do future trash men always carry guns on the job? Did Kuze plant them there? How did they not know about the guns stashed right next to them in their truck? Were they expecting Kuze to jack in and control them?

And then the following scene is even dumber. Why doesn't the perp just immediately hang himself when being questioned? Why didn't Kuze immediately have him hung? What fucking fucktarded police station makes an interrogation room that allows people to easily kill themselves?

Most of that shit applies to the movies. SAC was more of a police procedural show, albeit a good one.

Also, best GitS flick

I thought I was the only one who thought that. I even liked what they did with the CGI animation. To get a little pretentious, it was like the movie itself became a cyborg. The traditional animation being the organic, and the CGI being the machine.

Lol. Calm down, angry pants. I read Neuromancer, and I thought it was shit.

So you have shit taste then. Good to know that you're nigger tier opinions are inherently worthless.

It read like something written by a fifteen year old.

I like the fact they kept quoting philosophers, which people thought was pretentious until you realize GitS's characters' brains are wired to search the web 24/7. They have all this information right in their head and call on it at a whim, much like how people now browse their phones to look up something.

No, that's the script for the live action GitS.

It was pure juvenile fantasy.

I like Snow Crash better, but Neuromancer is fan-fucking-tastic. What kind of pleb doesn't dig Gibson?

Yes, we established that about live action GitS, please keep up. Or watch better movies.

The kind of faggot who calls Necromancer juvenile but thinks Scarjo in the Shell is good.

Good's pushing it. It was fine.
Neuromancer was shit. I'm sorry.

It was pure shit, like your taste. I'm sorry.

You probably just don't get cyberpunk.

Go on then. Explain cyberpunk to me in a way that makes me appreciate Neuromancer as more than some teenagers mastabatory fantasy about being the best hacker, fucking a sexy secret agent girl, and doing lots of drugs.

GitS has never been anything other than garbage. In any medium, in any decade, and presented by any group. GitS is and will always be transhumanist garbage.

Pretty dumb twist in my opinion. I mean as soon as she opens her eyes and says she can't remember anything but an accident i KNEW that twist was coming.

The source material was about a sentient AI trying to defect and gain rights.That was kind of rad for its time.The movie is just another evil corporation doing evil stuff.
I swear i saw the "Corporation tries to turn children into weapons but then one child fights back"-premise a million times already.

Nothing about GitS is or ever has been good. You invalidated half of your point by praising the source material.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe you should explain why this is bad. You sound like a dull, sexless, pretentious cuck that hates excitement. No wonder you enjoy Scarjo in the Shell, you're boring.

It's boring, and childish.

No it wasn't you weebfaggot. People who consider Blade Runner and it's spawns kino should be lynched in public.

That isn't something you should even joke about.

Yes, you have shit taste, that's been established.

lol, blow me

Stopped reading there, tbh.

lol blow me

Any reason to hate Snowcrash other than "X type of people like it so I have to hate it"?

When are they making an Oni movie with Konoko?

Isn't that enough?

Not if you are male.

live action lain adaptation with a black love interest when

Yes.

Explain to me why it's good.

By "X type of people" you mean "people with shit taste".