ITT: movies that would have been improved if the protagonist died

ITT: movies that would have been improved if the protagonist died.

That entire film was so pointless. Reddit on Mars. Just once I'd like to see a good film that's set on the red planet, just once.

It was a wonderful set up for a tragedy. I'm telling you if Damon's character ended up as a popsickle it would have been great.

not possible. Mars is a boring af planet.

I enjoyed the book.

There was one. I forget the name of it, but it was really good.

Death as a 'deepness' gimmick is the most pretentious, retarded and amateur-ish thing possible.

Pitch Perfect
Legally Blonde
Easy A
Scott Pilgrim
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Joe Dirt
American Pie
Every Woody Allen movie
And, obviously, The Force Awakens.

Billy Bob's character in Bad Santa.

Butler did nothing wrong.

lmao what is this the 18th century gtfo nerd

John Carter?

Ghosts of Mars

lmao
Primitive organism tbh fam

these would have been better if every character had died before the movie started

Hell, you could just stop considering brown people humans and get even more free real estate.

b-but muh we could have had a moon city by now if those evil conservatives hadn't defunded NASA

fucking spoiled teenage bitch

You only posted this because she does die in the non disney version.

More interesting than Earth tbh but only as long as there aren't any actors on it.

People stopped funding NASA in the 90s because they couldn't do anything without fucking up horribly. Dan Goldin completely ruined it since he intentionally and loudly hired and promoted mediocre people and goals.

Scott Pilgrim's cast meets pic related

This is my favorite Mars film.

mars is flat you dumbo

Truly, Obi-Wan was the antagonist of the film.

back to 4th grade laddy

non hablo inglese :^)
I've only started making that mistake in the past week since I saw an user on Holla Forums lose his shit over people getting it wrong.
Is this some kind of frequency effect, but actually affecting me?

Its typically a mistake only a native english speaker makes

I am a native speaker.
You only make the mistake if you're a faggot who wasn't taught the Queen's English, but I've only made that mistake since I saw an user sperg about it. It's subconscious.

yes, user, because she's the only disney character who died in their original story. the only one.

Why is anikin dating a girl over 15 years older than him but she looks just as young.

All of them. Bad end is best end.

Total Recall?

tfw no mixed race qt gf

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.

probably because Lucas has a fetish for it

Actually I think Cooper dying in the end would negatively affect the ending. The point of him getting rescued was to:
When Cooper wakes up in the future he (and thus the audience) gets infodump'd about all the shit humanity achieved thanks to his daughter. This also brings some satisfaction to the protagonist, making the incoming hospital scene hit harder.
Ironically, the whole "protagonist achieves the impossible then dies in heroic sacrifice so his partners/beloved ones tell tales of him in the end" has been done many times already and is sort of turning stale.
-Add more time travel fuckery.
Didn't he waste like 80 years going through the tesseract? Plus Nolan went full retard by that point with "LOL AYYLMAOS", why not take one more inch?
-Add more bittersweet to the ending.
The guy could've remained on Earth and face human extinction by starvation alongside his family, instead he went to space and wasted nearly 100 Earth years. It's only when he comes back he gets hit by the realization he missed his kids' whole lives, when he visits Murphy on her deathbed.
Also, sure he saved mankind and started the human space empire but now he had no reason to live anymore, he was a fish out of the water.

Without Cooper surviving we'd get the same sort of ending as Sunshine, which is less interesting.
Any objections?

Do you enjoy typing like you're on plebbit?
If not, please cut that shit out.

What? It turned out it wasnt aliens at all, it was humans.
That shit hit him waaaay earlier in the movie.
That is probably true, only thing left for him was to go after the retard "Its because of teh powah of love :DDD" girl. Wonder what she would say once he reveals all the shit happened because of technology.

That's an interesting way of looking at it but all that could have been achieved with Coop dying anyway. They could've just cut to Murph monologue about how humanity survived and how meaningful Coop's sacrifice was. It just never made sense to me how the tesseract would spit him out in the exact spot he needed to be in the vastness of the solar system for the shuttle to pick him up. Then he sees Murph one last time and goes to reunite with Anne Hathaway and it all feels like one big "and then everyone lived happily ever after" ending, which detracts the emotional impact of the first act of the movie.

At that earlier point Cooper knew he missed their childhoods/early adulthoods, but I doubt he was expecting to miss their whole lives. After all the getting sucking by the black hole came out of nowhere.

Watch John Carter