How can one movie be so great, have such good actors, be directed so well, and yet have a very disappointed ending...

How can one movie be so great, have such good actors, be directed so well, and yet have a very disappointed ending? If this had a well written ending it would've been one of my favorites. But it ends just like that, with no scene to satisfy the two hour anticipation.

I don't want the 'good guy always wins' ending, but I don't know, it was just flat. Okay, so Moss died, Sugar broke his arm. The end.

It's Chigur, you dingus. Don't make the same mistake Moss did.

Also, rewatch the ending speech, the film is clearly 2deep4u.

the movie isnt about Llewelyn you fucking retard

The story is about Bell, something the books makes much more clear.
The entire movie is pretty much just about Bell coming to a realization about his life.
The two dreams at the end of the movie and book are pretty much the ending.Bell clearly feels he failed as a Sheriff, especially compared to his Father, who was also a Sherif and whom he idolized.
But the second dream where his father is waiting for him at a fire at the end of a long cold canyon seems to suggest that either a)he thinks that his father will still wait for him in the afterlife and love him or b)he thinks that despite it all he should carry on as a lawmaker because only then can he eventually measure up to his father.

Sounds 2deep4u but there you go.

I liked the ending though.

Holy shit you faggots, I KNOW the movie is about the fucking sherrif. Do you think that I know that it suddenly switches the whole thing? I know what he meant in his speeches, that this country ain't for old men meaning as the people got more evil as time passed and it's not the same place for old timers anymore.

I'm still disappointed by the ending, it's like the writer ran out of ideas at that point. All I wanted is a 5 minute talk or final confrontation.

I think it would have been a whole lot less disappointing if Moss didn't die off screen.

You need to look at this moment in the sense that Anton spent the entire story acting as if he was a vassal of god, everyone was lower than him and he had eternal protection, but once his car crashed he realized he was just as vulnerable as every other human being, that he was just a human being and that god no longer–
Or in fact never had supported him.
Sugar experienced a much worse fate arguably a thousand times worse than death, he had his core beliefs broken.
Bravo McCarthy.
The book is a quintillion times better than the Cucken's movie. It also resolves a lot of issues the movie had.
In the end everyone, but most of all Sugar got fucked over.

But that's not it you dumb nigger.The point is that no matter what time, people have always been kinda shitty and the world can always seem kinda terrible, and things can sometimes seem kinda pointless but it's up to us whether we give up or keep pressing on.The ending just keeps it up for interpretation which kind of person the sherrif is.

Fuck you asshole. It IS that. The point is that the country has changed, the country as in people. Back in their old days he even says that some sheriffs didn't carry a gun. You know why? Because people weren't so fucked up and sometimes could be rationalized with, unlike Sugar. He even says that the country is not for OLD MEN, it actually means that the current people in the country are too different and evil compared to the people back then.

Stop being so dense and act superior. You interpreted the movie wrong and you're an idiot.

Of course, just one or two minutes of conclusion. It's not that hard. This 'left to interpretation' bullshit is annoying as fuck. I don't understand how people hate me for wanting to see a better final confrontation scene. They think that I hate the movie when in fact I just wanted it to be amazing. I think the ending ruined it and that people lie to themselves if they say they wouldn't like a better final scene.

Some people just can't handle subjectivity, I think it's a defect in their brain that draws them towards cuckservatism.

It's not subjectivity. The movie title is literally 'no country for old men,' and the sheriff narrates that some back then didn't even had a gun. Tell me that's subjectivity, tell me that doesn't mean that the world has changed to worse.

Forget it, OP. Anything you say will be countered with "2DEEP4U".

Well… pretty much. I really love the movie, really love it, until the ending at least. People think that "I don't get it" for wanting a better ending.

I guess since having seen the movie and enjoying it, I can rationalize to myself why it is. The sheriff finally learns where Moss is staying, finally goes to get involved for real, in person, with these gentlemen after having spent so much time contemplating how these events are playing out only to be late and have zero use.

The Coen brothers like to subvert things.

They are subversives.

and kikes

All you need to know about Cormac McCarthy is that everything is a pretentious "deconstruction" of genres. Doesn't make for a satisfying story, but that's the real point of this film. To jack itself off.

So this entire thread was actually just you complaining about the ending not being what you wanted.
Why the fuck weren't you more clear.

If you actually read what I wrote in my first damn post, you would realize that is exactly what I said. It's nice to get up in arms thinking that I shit on the entire movie, but the thread did not start with that. The ending sucked and prevented the movie from being amazing.

What would have been cools is if it turned out he was a robot, BUT THEN his program completes and it turns out he was a good guy all along

And then it pans out and you see the whole thing actually took place in Canada

Aw man!

You and McCarthy don't know how delusional people actually think.

Heh. SO young.

the movie central theme is chance. that's why the flip of the coin and chigur distracted himself for second and in a moment he got fucked

If you read the last page of a book and designate that as the ending of course its going to seem crap. When do you believe the ending starts?

I might give it a read. Sounds interesting.

How can a supposedly so great movie be so utterly fucking forgettable?

Same goes for The Dark Knight, two absolute turds of movies.

Especially if you're going to compare them to all time great-movies like Apocalypse Now.

He was still alive. Does being protected mean absolutely nothing bad will ever happen? What if breaking his arm was necessary? Wouldn't assuming that suffering a non-fatal injury means that you are "no longer protected" be assuming to know more than God?

You and McCarthy have shit logic.

That movie was garbage.

sad that millennials cant understand a simple movie.

I liked this movie sololy based on its cinematography, the ending was fine. I didn't like any of the characters. Same with High Or Hell Water. Love the American west.

the world has always been the same nightmare

yup, didnt get it

Great movie, but more than half of it is literally forgetable
The 4 hour version, that is

The ending of this movie is literally the same as Django. A vengeful man who fights for his ego experiences a lot of horrible things and is given another chance to rethink his ways. I don't get why you fags hate it. The Good The Bad and The Ugly has far worse ending because Tuco didn't become a better man, but was allowed to live and even have his gold.

Aren't you a smart one.

LOL. LOL

>>>/tumblr/

You must have some brain problems not only to hate such a great movie, but to actually bring reddit into this argument somehow. Maybe you should stop visiting reddit that much so you can stop talking about it, you fucking idiot.

I don't hate it, but too many plebs consider it as flawless. It's a great movie with great cinematography, great props, and great acting, but it doesn't mean it's flawless. Sergio Leone was excessively romantic, even for spaghetti western standard, to the point it's rigid and even ridiculous sometimes, and I particularly don't like how Tuco ends as I have explained.

I'm not opposed to a subjective ending but I did feel the ending was so abrupt it completely took me out of it.

I thought all the other character's arcs ended perfectly fine, but when it cut to Tommy Lee Jones I expected there to be one or two more short scenes to end the movie instead of him sitting in a dull looking kitchen monologuing then it's over right as he finishes with no breathing room to let what he just said sink in. It contrasted with the rest of the movie's tone and the momentum it had built up.

Correct

Wrong

test

Faggot

the movie was shit