I just watched this shit. The EXTENDED VERSIONS even. Post if you want to,but god damn is there a lot about this I hate

I just watched this shit. The EXTENDED VERSIONS even. Post if you want to,but god damn is there a lot about this I hate.
She doesn't just "get played" like she often does in these situations. She's genuinely incompetent.
I didn't mind that they cast Smith as Deadshot, but his personality was changed to match Smith's only character he knows how to play: Smooth-talking negro. On top of that, Will Smither literally stated in interviews that he "Had trouble understanding why Deadshot does what he does." Because Smith is mentally incapable, apparently.
You fucks already know the issues with this, but to be fair, Margot Robbie continually wanted to play Harley "for laughs," as her character *should* act, but the director kept telling her to act more threatening.
Killer Croc had the least lines, and El Diablo, who I actually would have watched a standalone movie for, killed himself by the end of the movie
I wouldn't bring him up, except in the extended version, he gets a ton more scenes. Basically, he didn't act like "The Joker." He acted like a member of "The Jokers" from Batman Beyond. He was just a normal gangster who stole his style. At least he seemed to genuinely care for Harley on a base level, which was different from the norm and not terrible, though.
Either movie would have been fine. But apparently WB hired an advertising firm to make the trailers (which looked fun as hell), and didn't know David Ayers was trying to make a dark and gritty movie. Upon learning this, they tried to edit the dark and gritty movie into being a fun-loving romp. Go fuck yourself Warner Bros.
If I think of more shit I'll post here and complain.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/suicide-squad-movie-will-smith-deadshot-role/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about the fact Katana is there for no reason and does nothing of worth while being one of the more interesting characters of the bunch. Or the fact that they barely do anything fun with Captain Boomerang after he tricks Slipknot.

No wait! One more! How about the fact they couldn't be satisfied race swapping Deadshot. They had to completely change Croc's personality into a literal nigger that watches BET.

Forgot to add that. They literally shouldn't have added her into the movie. They could have used her screen time to give slipknot a fake introduction as if he were an important character.

I watched it when my college campus played it for us to see the other day. The entire time I was shitting on it with friends. It had the most fucking cringey crap in there imaginable.

It's also fucking full of plotholes.
She gets arrested wearing something different, but for some reason is given that 'costume' to wear when they give them real clothes again. Including makeup. Where did that come from? They sure as hell didn't give it to her.
She's never shown committing a crime. She doesn't let the Joker out of jail like she originally did, and didn't even kill anyone. Joker was speeding while they were on a 'date,' and then Batman arrested her when the Joker disappeared.
They try to say 'ohh it's a cover-up, they're gonna blame us for everything that happened!!!' but that literally makes 0 sense. These people are all known prisoners. Waller and the others would still get in huge trouble for letting out this giant group of criminals from jail. What the hell were they hoping to accomplish?
Worse yet, why did the bad guys give a shit? I shit you not, at some point Deadshot cried about how they're gonna 'look like badguys.' But they are. Especially Deadshot, who literally kills people for a living.

It's a terrible movie, but I liked Enchantress and I liked Katana. That was all. I was made more angry when I learned that most normalfags hate the Enchantress and Katana and like all the absolutely shit parts of the movie.

Kinda like BvS, I enjoyed it even though it didn't make any goddamn sense at all. I think this is the only movie where it occurred to me, on first watch, without knowing about any behind-the-scenes drama, that it must have been re-cut to shit during editing. And how about that epic final fight where you can't fucking see anything whatsoever? Even so, it was stylish enough to make it watchable.

They show the stuff she did for half a second on her "Select Your Character" screen. iirc some fanboys were complaining that it says she killed Robin even though the timeline for that doesn't add up.

What's the issue with the timeline?

They should have made Assault on Arkham into a live action movie.
Maybe a few more character establishing scenes for the average movie audience.
Pad it out quite a bit considering it was only 76 minutes.

Instead hollywood did that very very fucking shitty move of making
JUST ANOTHER
FUCKING
SKY LASER MOVIE

Sending the joker plummeting to his presumed death inside a helicopter while Batman disarms a nuke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Defeating Gozer from Ghost Busters (1984).

In the movie she's 21 years old. Robin died 10 years ago, and she was arrested for assisting in that crime. So she's been with the Joker for 10 years, meaning she had to join when she was 11. Plus she was a psychiatrist beforehand, which means 8 years of college. And then she had to be a ==well-known== psychiatrist to be put in charge of treating the fucking joker.

They seriously should have done AoA as a live-action, but replaced Gotham/Batman with another hero that needed introducing. It would have helped them establish their universe so much.

Oh wow. Yeah that is a huge timeline issue. What the hell?! How can they overlook something that big?!

My guess is that they shot themselves in the foot hard when they decided Robin died 10 years ago, instead of never clarifying. Expect every DC movie to continue ignoring that timeline issue because it's going to be better in the long run for them.

How much longer can they even keep these up? We need to start informing people that seeing an almost guaranteed bad movie out of curiosity just floods the market with more crap.

They could have easily done a grounded plot as well. Wasn't there a thing about people selling Kryptonian tech on the black market after the events of MoS? Why couldn't they have done it where someone managed to make a bomb or chemical weapon out of it? SS gets deployed into the area and fights a bunch of terrorists to get to it. Joker could have easily been involved if it was a chemical weapon.

That in itself is a problem, but most versions of Harley seem too young to be psychiatrists anyway. I expect they'll just never mention her killing Robin again because there's just no way to make that work. Even if they never said exactly when he died, if it's before MoS it still doesn't work.

Involving her in Robin's death all around seems like a weird choice. Also consider that we're actually supposed to sympathize with her a lot more than other villains (she's getting her own movie). Having her in prison because she "was the Joker's partner" is vague enough that no one will feel bad over rooting for her, like how Deadshot has the code against killing women and kids. But if you say she was directly involved in the brutal murder of a young kid who was Batman's sidekick, it get a lot more personal to the audience.
Like I said though, expect every movie from this point on refuse to give specific dates for pretty much anything.
How long ago did Robin die? Awhile ago
When did Bruce start being Batman? He was younger than you'd think.
How long did he retire from being Batman before showing up in MoS? Long enough to become bitter.

Giving a concrete timeline was a huge mistake, especially so early on. Expect them to try and desperately avoid it from now on.

Movies at this point are scams designed to con people and the Chinese out of their hard-earned money opening weekend. Then they skip town.

They're modern day traveling showmen. They claim they've got Siamese twins, but when you pay the money and get in the tent, you find out it's just some broads tied together with duct-tape.

That's movies.

Damn. I can't believe how accurate that statement actually is.

Bit late to the thread, but regarding Will Smith not understanding Deadshot, his problem was he couldn't understand why someone would kill for money, so in his infinite wisdom, Ayer gave him a book on fucking serial killers, and then Deadshot understood the character.

Not reading back issues that focus on Deadshot.
Not reading fucking Wikipedia on Deadshot's motivations.
Not asking a writer behind Deadshot why he does what he does.
But just rolls with "lol he's a serial killer :)XD".

Hacks. All of them.

People were right, he was a terrible casting choice. But not because he's a nigger, he's just a fucking retarded hack. I didn't ever think he was a spectacular actor, but the degree to which he doesn't understand acting is unfathomable. This knowledge actually taints his previous movies that I liked.

they couldn't, though, because they have a cast whose superpowers are all 'i kill people' but were determined to make a pg-13 movie.
so they have to fight Putties.

What kind of second rate showbiz have you been? The ones I have seen have deformed babies in pickle jars.

That last part really kills me. It's an interesting aspect of his character that has tons of potential but is routinely ignored.

Because that would be too much like the comics :^)

Are you a woman user?

Why do they keep doing that blue laser thing again?

I don't really care what she says. She fucking sucked and her voice is fucking terrible as Harley. She also just doesn't look the part, what with her FRIDGE body and shit.

Explains why the post sounds like a Tumblr rant and has a cunty vibe to it. Suicide Squad is shit but OP I wanna make you gargle on my cock.

Reminds me of vid related.

You haven't seen the scene, user? Here you go. Not uploaded by anyone where it matters, so I won't bother putting it into a webm.
Maybe they were trying to do something cool with it, but it only came off cringey as hell. I don't understand how there are actual normalfags out there that say that they like Leto's Joker. It's just… Embarrassing.

I was wasted while watching the movie and could tell how awful an idea that scene was.

Don't forget about the 100 or so licensed songs they use in the first half.

Shit It ain't me actually plays in the beginning of this movie.

I like the scene personally, but then again I'm so burned out on the constant retcons and revisions of the big two I just run my own internal canon and pick bits and pieces out.

QUESTION: what the fuck were they standing on at the end there? we just saw that vat was deep enough to dive into safely, there was nothing there to stand on, so how the fuck?

Now I like Batman just as much as the next guy, but the ghostbusters put a look of genuine horror on an old gods face. I'm sorry but you just can't beat that.

Why is there a scene from the Transformers movie, the first Iron Man movie and the LotR 3 there? They aren't similar to the other images in context.

Well it's their fondness of the imagery that matters, even in cases where it's an actual space laser it doesn't actually have to look just like that. We can't even get a column of red or purple energy once in a while?

This has to be a lie. I refuse to believe an actor who's been in Bad Boys can't wrap his head around this concept.

screenrant.com/suicide-squad-movie-will-smith-deadshot-role/

He literally thinks Deadshot is a serial killer, and insist he knows the character well and researched him thoroughly.
Make of that, what you will.

The only real way to make of that is that Will Smith is a lazy stupid nigger and the people in charge of this movie were stupid fucking hacks.

One rage image comes nowhere close to covering this

To be expected of Will Smith.
He went from being an okay actor to straight up nuts and shoving his son in as many movies as possible.

They've should have given everything they had.

You'd think a movie would not break its own lore in one sitting….

Desiring to settle down with a psychopathic clown and live a normal life is pretty delusional in itself though