"What do you mean, user? Modern cartoons are great, if not better than older ones!"

>"What do you mean, user? Modern cartoons are great, if not better than older ones!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CcGzQ3ga5R8
8ch.net/co/res/670297.html
8ch.net/co/res/680950.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

While the 90s and 80s weren't perfect, I'd take those over the shit they make today like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls. I don't understand this new hateboner people have for cartoons not made in this decade.

For the same reason that a lot of fashions and styles of music fall out of favor, they aren't promoted as being "in". None of the good cartoons are easily obtainable to the average person unless they bother to look for them. They aren't going to get a taste and bother to find out if they like it or not. They just reject it offhand and eagerly accept any criticism that sustains their bias.

This is my problem with the argument

I fucking hated 90s kid nostalgia fags saying that cartoons suck now but this was during the early 2000s-2010 now I cant help but feel like a hypocrite when I say "Cartoons suck now"

Here's why I think that folks really hated stuff nowadays. It's the aversion to the hype. Let's say a buddy hyped this show to you, saying that it's the best thing ever or the network barrages you with commercials for the show…and when you watch it..it's either meh or it's terrible that you wonder why they promote/hype it. Same thing happened to me with TTGL. Hyped to the moon…but when you watch it, it wasn't even that good.

And to be fair..the 80's and 90's, the Internet wasn't a thing back then and trust me when I say, where I'm from, we got a balance between the bad and the good. And I do mean balance. One day you get B:TAS, the next you get Three Best Friends and Jerry, the day after you get The Roughneck Chronicles…and later some obscure shit like Mutant League or something. To be honest, I'm kinda jealous of you 80's and 90's Yanks.

Old cartoons were better because they didn't insult their audience.
They didn't create shows by focus group. The creators had more freedom.
They didn't try to shoehorn some kind of progressive bullshit message in them. The creators were disciplined in their craft and weren't a bunch of random millennial autists.
They had characters you actually cared about.

Cartoons in the 90's still had their ups and downs. But at least when I cartoon back then was bad it wasn't because of shitty randumb humor or appealing to the lowest common denominator.

What do you mean by modern?

More of the 2010s stuff, starting with Autism Time and Regular Shit.

When people talk about cartoons now or yesterday, why do they never mention the Star Wars cartoons of the 2000s and 2010s, or even of Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks (the latter of which really didn't feel like Star Wars)?

Nostalgia goggles filter out all the shit that you don't want to remember.

People just think of it as licensed side shit

Was it really that bad though?

No.

Define "people"

But some of those were actually good.

When will you nigger's realize that in every time period there's shit but there's also good shit in even the most modern times.

Kill yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=CcGzQ3ga5R8

It what part of my statement did I ever state shit like "We're all the same!"

[{( like gravity falls)}]

I won't deny the cartoons I grew up with in the late 90's and early 2000's had flaws but the amount of good out weighed the bad though. I can't say that for this generation of cartoons where its more like a few good ones out of generic noodly arm crap.

Don't be a faggot and imply that Over the Garden Wall wouldn't have been leagues better had it been made 10 years earlier.
It still has the shit style and still had people like Natasha Allegri as storyboard artists.

who?

It wouldn't have though.

Probably some one with a Tumblr account.

She made this thing called puppy and bee or something.

I like 2 modern cartoons, at best.
Batman the Brave and the Bold and maybe Young Justice if I tried hard.
Anyone know any good ones which aren't potatofaced?

It's understandable to be confused because there hasn't been anything since.

Don't they count as modern?
I thought OP meant old as in 90s and 80s and early 00s.

GL:TAS was good

Yeah, but no one fucking remembers all the times that well established heroes were suddenly turned gay and spent all their time at coffee shops whining about misogyny, patriarchy, and all the "postal harassment" they received when people sent them mean letter that said "I think you stink"

Those 2 sentences in the middle are wrong.
Comics and cartoons were always made with focus groups in mind, it's just that people have more options nowadays. Creators have never ever had real freedom.
Also, comics have always been more or less progressive, with few exceptions. The discipline is less arguable although people like Jack Kirby used very unorthodox techniques.

They shoehorn messages all the time, Captain planet was exclusively created to give bullshit messages.

You know what I want now?
A story time of the first socially relevant comic, the Green Arrow/Green Lantern road trip, just to see how far back this shit goes, and to see if anything's really changed, or if it's the same shit with noodle arms.

Well, in a way, you could say superheroes in WW2 was also "socially relevant".

yeah slapping japs is a huge issue that needs to be discussed in superhero comics

That was in a way complying to state politics, pretty much like Marvel did with their anti drug comics in the 70s, and those were around at the same time than DC's GL/GA series iirc. However doing such stuff, especially in ww2, has to be considered when most if not all comic creators were jews.

Marvel defied the Comics Code Authority with their first drug issue of Spider-Man.

Stan Lee once said he was approached by authorities to work on those books; the problem with the Comics Code came later.

Turn the character into something to make a point happened sometimes.

By "modern" people mean 2010s.

New season of YJ actually.

I think the overall difference is "real problems" vs "problems made up by authoritarian busybodies who desperately want to be oppressed so they can feel self-righteous"

The current crop of politicized, SocJus-themed heroes are all token diversities who whinge about micro-aggressions, man-splaining, and patriarchy. They don't write black characters or gay characters or anything like that because they have any intention of using the medium to explore any real issues or make any kind of sincere social commentary. They do it to bitch. They do it because all they want is an excuse to regurgitate the dumb shit they heard on tumblr and twitter.

90s were literally a golden age.
But if you're comparing the things on television today unfavorably to early/mid 2000's shit then you're kidding yourself.

The cartoons we have now are better than what came before them. I have no doubt they would be considered "great" by people here if not for the political themes.

Fuck no. They'd still be cow shit even without the political pandering. We just wouldn't care as much then.

I'm not sure I believe you.
Most of the shows people hate on this board today were liked before politics got involved.

The fact that this board hates Ruby Gloom and Mlaatr makes me think is mostly weaboos so no, they would hate them as well.

What a leap in logic.

8ch.net/co/res/670297.html
8ch.net/co/res/680950.html