I did this with /televison/ and they failed me so let's try it here

I did this with /televison/ and they failed me so let's try it here.
I'm fairly sure all the oldfags with good taste already left but just for shits and giggles, post the most Kino movie you've ever seen.
-No shitposting
-No TDKR plane scene

Batman Begins

You guys sure?
Well, at least it's not obscure 70's sci fi like /television/ was posting, but they at least said Russian Ark man, step it up.

Why didn't you ask for the second most kino then?

Batman Begins is the epitome of film.

Because it would've been too obvious.
Also no Tarkovsky, also too easy.

Subjectively I guess.

Most kinos support themselves on past work, you have to have a sophisticated, deep knowledge of kinos to actually appreciate them. Meanwhile, Leon will give a true kino orgasm to even the most pleb watcher, it is completely stand-alone. Its masterfully told, as it can conquer any mind and not just those who were shaped for it.

It's low tier kino at most, sorry.

Mid tier but we're getting somewhere keep posting.

Mazes and Monsters.

←– Go watch it now.

I didn't ask.

I said no shitposts.
The thread just dipped, so far I haven't seen a single true kino.

You clearly didn't watch my suggestion and are just being contrarian without even sampling what is being posted. I even posted it in the thread so you could watch it for free.
You're just being a giant cocksucker right now.

What do you consider to be true, top tier kino?
You better not be that Bergman fag.

Oh god no Bergstein is shit in my opinion.
I'm waiting for the thread to slow down.

Are any kino list user's here? Occasionally they would actually know true kino. Specifically the one Slav user. Or have they all left?
Why didn't they take me with them?

I forgot "to post examples." after "slow down."

Do you need to sound like a fag?

If you want more slave stuff, try Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors and the Three Colors Trilogy by Krzysztof Kieślowski. There's also this really good Hungarian movie that I can't remember the name of from the early 70s. I think it's title translated to something about illumination, like "The Illuminated Path" or something like that.

Also, don't fall for the Czech new wave meme. None of those movies are kino. The best one is Marketa Lazarova and that's just a poor man's Andrei Rublev. In fact any "new wave" movement in cinema was pretty shit(except for maybe the Romanian New Wave. I haven't seen any of those films so I can't comment on them.)

No I mean this one Slovakian user who made this one list.

He's gotta make himself sound like an oldfag you dumb kiddo, stop talking shit to gramps.

I'm not an oldfag I got here in 2015.

Stalker is always great

Is this kino?

Nice, very nice, this post gives me hope that Holla Forums still has a chance. Father And Son was better in my opinion but whatever.
If nothing else though my intuition tells me you were here from 2013, because your taste is too obscure even for other oldfags.

Lowtier kino.

Kinotastic

I liked Otets i syn aswell I'd like to add it was shot in my beautiful country, but i felt more connected to Mat i syn. The relationship between the father and the son feels unnatural to me, but that might just be because of personal experience. Regardless, Sokurov is an excellent director hands down, anyone that doesn't have shit taste recognizes it.
There's still shitposters that are into /film/, there's just a sea of retardation you must navigate through in order to find one.

Is /film/ worth going to?
I feel like everyone just went to .pl and endchan but never go on their Holla Forums

How do you quantify kino?

I may be biased because i browsed there a lot in the early days, but yes, you will rarely see a shitpost and most of them kinda know what they are talking about
Problem is that you will see a new post every 3 days

Nice. I might go there.

I think its pace is just a mirror of the industry, worthwhile films are rare as fuck.

It was good, but it sure wasn't the book.

I think he has composure he is just trying to start a serious discussion, but he did it by prefacing it with an anti plane scene quip for no reason which we can't stand for

Magnolia

If I hadn't the thread would've just been baneposting, be honest.

THEY DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD!

Kino is something you graduate to after you realize the criterion collection is narcissism for the rich and pretentious.

OP is a pretentious faggot

/film/fags in general are. True kino lacks pretense. All kino by /film/ standards are exactly the same; tonally, visually, and to a lesser extent but a still distinct attribute - era. /film/ is thus up its own ass in what they consider kino. They strove as close as they could to true kino but only ended up further and further from it.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. /film/ is hardly pretentious. They simply don't waste time obsessing over Hollywood's latest turd.