What's a good metaphor to explain private and personal property to dumb people?

What's a good metaphor to explain private and personal property to dumb people?

Personal property is something you own and you use for yourself.

Private property is something you own that other people have to use for you.

Why would you waste your time attempting to teach dumb people anything?

As long as they are obedient.
Any understanding of your actual program is irrelevant.

Don't you want people to know about technocracy? There's only 2 technocrats and I doubt you'll be able to pull off anything with those numbers.

Of course I do.

The thing is.
Less then 5% of the population are capable of gaining a comprehensive understanding of it.
Why would you waste limited time and resources attempting to explain complex ideological points and positions to people that will never take anything away from such discussions?

The far smarter plan is to have the

>The far smarter plan is to have the

What kind of idiot would actually use terms like that today? You're not going to convince anyone that you have the objectively correct definitions of private and personal, a distinction most people will rightly find irrelevant. When you say private property it should be obvious that you're talking about firms. If they're too dumb to realise this then just mock them. But if it really bothers you that much just use a term like private enterprise.

Philosophical defeatism is pretty gay thou.

There is no clear distinction. It's just a shim to make the ideology work, like the libertarian distinction between positive and negative rights.

Theres 2 now?

Pretty much this, but not quite. Private property is property you own that potentially or actually generates surplus-value (profit). Personal property does not.

I do fail to see how what I said is in any way objectionable.

The vast, vast majority of people are simply incapable or uninterested in learning the finer points of ideological theory.

It is nothing but silly idealism to think otherwise.

There are about two others then myself.
They simply do not use a trip like I do.

No communist will ever take your toothbrush. But you have too much power with the land, they're interested in how you're affecting the community.

Yes there is. I'm anarchist and I believe the people as a whole will defend against that.

Any power at all.

“Individuals are certainly capable of evil … But individuals are capable of all sorts of things. Human nature has lots of ways of realising itself, humans have lots of capacities and options. Which ones reveal themselves depends to a large extent on the institutional structures. If we had institutions which permitted pathological killers free rein, they’d be running the place. The only way to survive would be to let those elements of your nature manifest themselves.

“If we have institutions which make greed the sole property of human beings and encourage pure greed at the expense of other human emotions and commitments, we’re going to have a society based on greed, with all that follows. A different society might be organised in such a way that human feelings and emotions of other sorts, say, solidarity, support, sympathy become dominant. Then you’ll have different aspects of human nature and personality revealing themselves.”

Are you pure bait, btw?

If you have a toothbrush and use it to brush your teeth, it's personal property.

If you have one or more toothbrushes and sell it or rent it to other people, it's private property.

ARE YOU USING SAID TOOTHBRUS(ES)?
NO?
YOU ONLY USE IT FOR PROFIT???

TO GULAG!

And this is what happens after you go to gulag.

You've got to be double dumb if you can't figure out something like yourself.

Private property is the family grain sack
Personal property is your bowl

Granted its really not that difficult of a concept to grasp, people are just confused because private has a specific meaning in the English language. Not sure what the fuck Marx was thinking.

Perhaps the terms should be "economic" and "non-economic" property.

That would make a lot more sense

Granted internet randoms can't even wrap their heads around concepts like "mode" "means" or "relationship to" production so its usefulness is limited.

There are no correct definitions, every domain has their own. But to understand the domain you have to explain what their words mean.

Dictionaries are not defining words the same way mathematics textbooks do, they just give hints what the word could mean to help you figure out what it actually means in a given context.