Other urls found in this thread:

symbolab.com/
wolframalpha.com/
khanacademy.org/
fxsolver.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Di somebody say meth thread?

I suck at math. But I'm studying Psychodiagnostics for a repeat exam in August

I suck at math, but I'm learning android programming + data pulling using JSON atm

I've forgotten everything but basic addition and multiplication since I dropped out.

Nothing. School's over. Got a job. Hoi hoi hoi hoi.

I love math OP. Let's simulate partial differential equations of third order using our minds only without a computer. Well, I guess that's a little hard. Let's start with time dependent, changing magnetic field Schrödinger equation in spherical coordinates for starters.

I'm trying to duplicate the equation for Life the universe and everything, but I keep getting the answer of 41.50047284234 despite the fact the google keeps telling me the answer is 42. I think google is rounding up.

I don't get it

I get it but I'm not telling you.

Take over this thread, user. Flex your math muscles. What all do you study?

Discrete Geometry for me goys, also if you can't solve this with pen and paper then you're a nigger faggot retard tbh hehe ;^)

That's a good chunk of mathematics already, so just apply yourself fag

Well I study one of the basic sciences. If you mean right now, then I'm learning about Raman spectra of stuff. How about you?

Ebin. Show me where this equation actually exists in real life, faggot.

You're a real enough faggot nigger retard for not being able to solve it I guess

It's probably something stupid like x = exp(y) and taking it from there.

typical

Numerical Analysis and probability theory. Also scram jet nozzles

Infinites were a mistake

The list goes on and on. The so called "solutions" to these problems are hideous abortions tacked onto real math and logic. Most of modern math is only usable in a tiny subset of the problems it can be applied to. Finite length statements/equations that need to be decidable in a finite amount of time, e.g. all formal systems, cannot be expected to properly deal with infinites.

Thanks for reading, I know most of you are too indoctrinated to agree.

Infinity doesn't really exist, even as an idea; it's just a syntactic construct.

Do my math for me.

stopped reading right there

cucks gonna prep

not an argument

Hey I'm the guy designing scramjets (ODWEs) you impostor

I have a whiteboard and I'm extremely bored. Can any kind anons present me with some interesting problems?

Solve a job paradox
If you are fresh graduated, and you want to get a job, how to get one if every job requires job experience

I failed statistics in community college

Agreed. I'm not sure why people are so afraid of the idea of infinity.

Does anyone here know the best resources for learning to work with cellular automata and/or have some tips of your own? I'm a math/comp sci double major trying to put together a senior project.

I don't think one should work on math problems anymore.
Math is a very poor modeling language, because it does not mirror the thing it models.
Math should be replaced through object-oriented modeling.

The only reason math was needed is because, we didn't have computers.
Now that we do, we should use them. And not try to model thing with pen and paper.

Math is literally just that, all those equations mathematicians made were just to save time, and to be confusing on purpose because back then everyone was an asshole.

You still have need for more and more powerful algorithms, and that is what non-pozzed math is for.

I agree, mathematical theorems, if properly applied, reduce the complexity of calculations.
But from the experience I can tell that it is much more efficient to reduce the complexity of algorithms through experimentation (trial and error) rather than mathematical calculations.
Using math to cope with complexity, adds even more complexity. Because math is such a poor modeling method.

By "using math" I meant coming up with a solution. Not using an already known solution, obviously.

well you can't math yourself out of a depression

haha check mate mathfags, brb sudokuing myself

literally
>>>Holla Forums

normalfaggot

I think you're taking the word "afraid" a bit literal.

Math is basically a surefire way of becoming incredibly successful and rich. If you're capable of efficiently using math and haven't already gotten at least a bachelors, you're shooting yourself in the leg.

Does it really seem like that to you?
Also, nothing is a "surefire way of becoming successful and rich." Most mathematicians are no more famous than bus drivers. There are many forms of intelligence beside mathematics.

It's still useful for knowledge based shit imagine an entire generation of people who couldn't do basic maths like 10x10.
unless that's not what you were talking about

Yeah, I didn't mean all math. I probably just meant differentiation and integration.

Linear Algebra is also fine.

You shouldn't take it back. I agreed with your original comment, and it's obvious it wasn't talking about basics like 10x10 or all math. Computers will eventually replace math, whether people believe it or not. Many people fear that they will be out of a job.

Math is awesome so we should not abandon it.

ik this is not related to the topic, but i need the name of the movie, the movie u took the gif from.

Good thread.

What are some good ways to stay sharp in math Algebra 2 and above? I seem to lose about 75% of how to do things if I don't use them for a couple months, leaving me wondering what the fuck to do when I do need the topics. Stuff like factoring and some more advanced Trig stuff, such as identities and DeMoivre's.

Are there any resources out there I can use to keep sharp on this sort of stuff?

symbolab.com/
wolframalpha.com/
khanacademy.org/
fxsolver.com/

just finished calc 3, got linear algebra and fulid mechanics next semester. also have to retake dynamics bc that shit is some real autism math. cheers lads

lrn2readscificlassics

Good thread

It's fun though.
If I wanted to stick to real life shit I wouldn't do maths.