Name a better map projection

name a better map projection

hint: it's not possible

Other urls found in this thread:

guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-circumnavigation-via-both-poles-surface
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3181290/How-far-away-candle-Raging-debate-finally-extinguished-thanks-study-puts-distance-just-1-6-miles.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That is better

lemme guess: the areas of countries are proportional to how much poo there is on the streets

yh, but, greenland dont look like dat doe fam

Buckminster Fuller was a contrarian loser

it doesn't look like that either, because it's three dimensional

that's the problem with maps. the Robinson projection is distorted near the poles, but otherwise much better than any other projection at keeping both size and shape relatively accurate

how is this not superior?

greenland now doesnt look the size of australia

theres no point of reference for area in OP. who the fuck would know greeland isnt that big by just looking at that map?

if area is kept the same, your eyes can figure out distortions in shape by following the curvature of the medians

having merdians on the map gives you information for distortion of shape but doesnt give any indication for distortion in area.

unless you are going to inlcude Tissot's indicatrix then there is no reason why you should distort both area and shape when you dont have a guide for both

this projection reeks of autism

Mollweide isn't bad, but I don't like how distorted the angles get near the edges

well i thought were talking about objective superiority not just your subjective opinion

i dont like how i have been lied to my whole life about the size of greenland. what the fuck does that count for?

there is no objective superiority in map projections. some are good for one thing, others for something else.

why do you care so much about Greenland anyway? there's barely anything there

Greenland - the world's biggest Real Estate scam ever foisterd upon humanity!

Most maps are objectively terrible because they leave out the supercontinent of Antarctica.

…he said, posting mercator trash

also the earth is flat you stupid nigger

I agree with your points about Alaska, Greenland and Australia. as I mentioned, the main drawback of it is the size distortion near the edges.

however
wut

This is reality

It's a bit like a pear shaped tbh.

Yeah, I know, I can't remember where I learned that/can't seem to find the sauces tbqh.

Excuse me, while I kill myself.

Holy shit, Antarctica is fucking huge.

wait so if you travel any direction parallel to the earths surface you end up in antartica?

black science man is one of the greatest gifts of lulz. also a reminder that i never want to get famous. being surrounded by people who worship you fucks you up.

That is a common misconception when people are trying to "understand" the flat earth model. East and west is in a circular motion around the north pole. While going north/south you'll always end up either on antartica or the north pole. Basically, try to debunk what we're actually saying rather than retarded strawmen. The fact that no one has ever circumnavigated north to south supports this.

Why is it so hard to get a accurate map of the earth? Just fucking draw it to its correct sizes.

hey can you explain how day night cycles work on a flat earth?

the sun is an FBI controlled lightbulb

The first surface circumnavigation via both the geographical Poles was achieved by Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles Burton (both UK) of the British Trans-Globe Expedition.
guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-circumnavigation-via-both-poles-surface

you are very smart

The sun is far smaller and evolves around flat earth.
It's all in our perception moron. The sun isn't powerful enough to light the entire flat earth. Nor is it powerful enough to show itself through he thick atmosphere/dust. For example, you will not be able to see a lit candle (during night) shinning from a few miles away.

yours is the strawman argument becasue you have already misrepresented my argument

im not talking about walking east or west, im talking about walking on a particular straight line vector

unless there is another dimension to this diagram then what i say must hold true

If the Earth isn't flat, why hasn't anyone just flown a plane over Antarctica with a camera recording? It's because they can't!

It's not a strawman in my book because of your refusal to specify what you meant idiot.

it was clearly stated,

i said "direction", not cardinal "direction"

you misinterpreted my argument all by yourself and the proceeded to misrepresent my argument based on your misunderstanding ie strawman

using logical fallacies deliberately makes you a troll, accidentally using logical fallacies doesn't make your logical fallacies logical, it just makes you a retard

I can't believe someone got that

Both of you.
Kill yourselves.

Mercator is the objectively best projection. You can actually use it for navigation unlike the other MUH AESTHETICS garbage.

aw come on, this was back in 2011 when xkcd was still pretty good

You can't fly over antarctica since there's no airspace.

"Directions" as we know it (according to a map of the earth) are always cardinal directions. So, unless you know of a device (you can attach to an airplane, or whatever) that will make an airplane fly in a "straight line" (despite the wind, weather, etc) that can knock it off course. I will continue to laugh at you and watch you squirm to try to poke holes in the theory which you haven't even come close to yet. And no retard, you absolutely did not specify what you meant.

Earth is round. Antartica looks too stretched out on a Flat Earth model.

Not really a "projection", though.

you added this stipulation all by yourself, so a direction isnt always cardinal, a direction is always a direction with regard to an entity, and this i said is you, and i said "any", so it is any direction that you might choose to face

i never spoke about airplanes, and here you go adding your own stipulations

its not inconceivable that an entity could travel in an undeviating straight course. you could, for example, shine a laser beam and follow that

im havent even tried to poke holes in your theory so you are laughing at nothing, which is pretty retarded. i have deliberately abstained from engaging you in debate about the validity of flat earth theory so as not to get bogged down in a debate about it.

I was genuinely interested in discussing an observation that i made. that being that any point on that diagram you posted that isnt in Antarctica is completely surrounded by Antarctica on the 2d plane of that image, therefore if you picked a point on that diagram and walked in a particular direction with regards to that point, you would have to end up in antartica

this was concisely described in my first post, i only feel the need to elaborate because of your lack of comprehension, you have failed to refute that observation and isntead added your own qualifiers such as direction being with regard to cardinal points and the ability to travel in a given direction being subjects to the limitations of air travel and as such, constructed your strawman with which you can attack.

all your retard logic is getting a bit much, cant tell if troll or genuine retard, this may be my last reply to you

Oh, gee, I don't know. Maybe you could put America in the fucking middle where it goddamn belongs you fucking foreigner.

You dumb fucks always resort to personal insults or strawman arguments. Everything is "perception". Please travel to the southern or northern hemisphere and observe the stars and the directions they move in. Also, please watch the movie, "The Principle." Only once it was released, did this whole flat earth bullshit resurface.

Bamp

that's not how light works. you are totally wrong here. the sun doesn't emit what a candle emits. eat my balls

This is the kind of map you play on if your game is actually ruling the world.

just use a globe, dumbass

This is one of those mathematical projections that aren't actually useful in any practical sense.

Wth
This is and has always been the best projection

look, I love Fuller and all but

pick a random point on that map

which way is north

to elaborate, the problem is that there are only two ways to figure that out

either you have to be able to fold that box up in your head so effortlessly that you can keep track of where you were looking

or you have to already know which way is north because you recognize the countries by looking at another fucking map

Well, I'M sorry I don't believe the story retards.

Where was my strawman there? I was describing MY argument NOT yours. Also, calling me dumb is a personal insult. Color me surprised, you globalists are retarded.
Then, why do the star patterns stay exactly the same no matter where you go then? Also, them spinning themselves doesn't prove the earth is round or the earth is spinning. What we believe is that everything revolves around us. We believe we live in a geocentric world. And none of this disproves the flat earth model.
It never resurfaced, we were still having this debate long after Columbus "circumnavigated" (even according to the "supposed" flat earth model) the earth. All that happened is you retarded niggers usurped the education system to fabricate history. This is all the "evidence" you globalists had back in the day:
Nowadays most of you globalists are retarded enough to believe a movie as fact.

Yes that is how our eyes work and how light works (mostly our eyes and thick atmosphere). Try seeing a cricket (with just your eyes) from a couple miles away and report back to me nigger.

Dymaxion, bitches!

more like Dumbassion

What are PARALLEL lines on a map retard? Holy fuck, you globalists are so fucking braindead. Not even ops pic has cardinal directions clearly pointed out.

How dumb are you?

well, forget about that. i have something more important to ask you. look at 1st pic related. according to the globalist cucks, the distance around the equator, from one point wrapping back around onto itself is 24,901 miles. whereas the distance to do the same on the arctic or antarctic is 10,975 miles, but looking at the real earth map (pic related 2), you can see those numbers don't add up. the maroon line is arctic circle, the red is the equator and the purple line is the antarctic. if we are on a globe the antarctic circle must be smaller length-wise and distance going around the sphere than the equator. as you can see from 2nd pic related, every line of latitude southward (or outward), from the equator towards the arctic circle ‘’’GAINS’’’ in length rather than diminishes, whereas in a spherical model, it diminishes. with this observation, simply pick a point on the northern coast of south america. follow that line of latitude all the way around. then compare measurements, doing the same thing from a southern point on south america going all the way around. clearly, the number on the south will be much greater than the number on the north. checkmate globalist cucks.

Flattards have never been to Antartica. So until you prove there's a non-existent icy wall by going from point A to point B across Antartica, you'll never be able to prove that the Earth is flat.

This.

yeah, i'm just fucking with him. they don't even need to go to antarctica to prove they're right. my writing is shit, but i hope you got the premise. it's a way to prove the flat earth bullshit once and for all. it's been proven false (read: airplanes going around the planet), but it's all propaganda by the globunati jews. so i was hoping one of the redpilled earth-truthers would take a flight and see for himself.

Waterman Butterfly is best

It's actually not even close. It's not even centered on the north pole and it doesn't cross through any scandinavian countries.

Yeah. Flattards usually just do mental gymnastics in their debates, never realizing how full of shit they sound.

hmmm… really makes you think!!!

Yeah,

I'm going to let you in on a secret.
no flat Earthers actually believe in that shit. It's nothing but an exercise in devil's advocate argumentation, seeing how far you can push an on obvious bullshit premise through rhetoric as practice

You sound awefully like some braindead liberal.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3181290/How-far-away-candle-Raging-debate-finally-extinguished-thanks-study-puts-distance-just-1-6-miles.html

The Mercator projection has real world applications, namely navigation. Its whole design is based around the ocean and minimizing its distortion. Most other projections are either mathematical projections that aim to minimize any form of distortion at the cost of being nearly unreadable, or are aestetic designs that ignore the distortion problem in favor of making the Earth look the way they want it to.
The only proper way to map the Earth is on a globe, but you can't lay that out on a table or wall.

Every single fucking strategy game Paradox makes is exactly the fucking same. All they do is just reskin what they had in previous games and make it look a little different. Example? Stellaris looks exactly like that game and doesn't play much differently. Of course what was I expecting from a stupid globalist?
People have been getting around the world just fine without a globe for thousands of years. Also, it is never a practice to use a globe as a reference point for navigators. Know why? It's far too inaccurate of a map and people (back in the day) got ship wrecked/lost because of this. I mean give me a fucking break here, this is just common knowledge and you have to be retarded to not know this. Hell, you globalists can't even decide what earth even looks like.

1/10 I replied
And for future reference, you came on a little strong