STOP GIVING INTEL TO THE ENEMY! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

We have a serious problem with newfags linking to enemy websites directly; This links the enemy right back to us if they check their server logs or monitor HTTP referrals in any way.

ANONYMIZE YOUR FUCKING LINKS!!!

You can use archive.is, or a link anonymizer like anonym2.

An example of anonym2 URL:

8ch.net BECOMES: anonym2.com/?http://www.8ch.net

Notice how the full URL is still shown inside the anonymized URL? That's good.

Don't use a URL shortener which hides the destination URL, as those are often used to mask cheese pizza and other malicious links, and should not be trusted.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QeujY
8ch
web.archive.org/web/20151231212854/http://8ch.net/
8ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump in a time of dire need to get our shit together

This is good advice.

Another thing you can do individually is to use a browser extension like "Referer Control", and block that information from leaking out.

just archive nigger

but user…

Really, it takes 2 fucking clicks you absolute lazy pieces of trash.

archive.is/QeujY

NO FUCK YOUR SHITTY ANONYM2 TRASH

Actually "Referer Control" is quite shit. I actually use an option in uMatrix to do this.

Sometimes people link to the original along with the archive, this still gives our position away to the enemy. One must NEVER directly link to an enemy site without anonymizing the link.

FUCK….

I didn't realize that anonym2 fucks with adblock users now… anonym2 used to be the go-to anonymizer back in the days of /i/, circa 2006…

My god I am a humongous faggot and I suck thousands and thousands of dicks.

brofi.st appears to be gone too.

Shit.

just break the damn link manually.

8ch net/pol

Bump for not being lazy niggers and just putting a goddamn space in the link before posting it.

FUCK YOU CTR
NIGGEGERGERGGERGGERGE

also
install Firefox addon - uMatrix
"upper left corner" is a "gear wheel" icon - config
privacy tab
"Spoof HTTP referrer string of third-party requests. " - check
"Spoof User-Agent string by randomly picking a new one below every minutes" - check (and set for every 5 mins or less)

Just make sure you disable before logging in to your credit card company/bank or you might set off their "web fraud measures" & lockout your account(true story)

If this is anything like dontlink.me, then the enemy can still see who's going there via tracking pixels. There's a reason why we switched to archive.is.
If you need to sperg out over seeing the original URL, use archive.org instead of archive.is.
8ch.net becomes web.archive.org/web/20151231212854/http://8ch.net/ so you can see the original, and it's still an archive so the enemy can't see who's going there.

Who the fuck do you think cares to check the fucking server logs?
Even if they do, why would it matter?

OP is literally not an argument.

because that's how honeypots work

and since you are ignorant (and sage), I bump

What if I want them to come to me so I can finally make use of all this olive oil and dragon dildoes?

Also, it bears repeating:
ARCHIVE FUCKING EVERYTHING

8pol is monitored, and kikes have their slimy tendrils in everything. If they OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN before it's archived, it's gone, all because you were a lazy niggerfaggot who wouldn't even archive something before posting. It isn't just a gamergoyim boycotting tactic, archive fucking everything.

Analytic methods are crazy strong these days, friendo.

Good points OP, and if any of you fags are really too lazy to archive, do it the old fashioned way.

8ch DOT net

then the user has to copy and paste it manually and there is no hyperlink referral.

Of course archive is still superior in 2 ways:
- it denies the site traffic
- it preserves the site in the case of edits, removals, and retractions

You clearly don't have autism, otherwise it would be VERY important to you

Another stupid thread

The only reason they know about 8ch is because of 4ch. And the only reason anyone pays attention is because idiots do shit like raid Ghostbusters instead of useful things like defend the race and fight the Jew World Order.

Also, stop allowing infowars here. They are the worst kind of enemy!

=MODS STICKY REEEEEE===

Nice try
MODS STICKY THIS SHIT AND BUMP

bump

This should be explained more clearly and then stickied

bumping

Has this ever actually happened?

Does anyone really give a fuck about a board with

It has. Tweets and twitter accounts plus other social media shit found by our digging, for instance, get deleted very quickly upon discovery.

This. Part of the reason why this board is shit is because we have liberal reporters and their ilk infesting these boards because they can see from where people are coming from when a link is clicked.

BLAME KIKEWHEELS YOU FUCKERS

This could be prevented by marking outgoing links with the rel="noreferrer" HTML attribute, which would make them idiotproof. (((Somebody))) responsible for the software this board runs on conveniently forgot to implement such an obvious security feature.

if everyone just doesnt reply to direct link threads we will be fine