Why don't you just opt out of google analytics at and stop your data from being stolen...

Why don't you just opt out of google analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and stop your data from being stolen? It is obviously much easier than configuring software such as noscript and breaking websites in the process.

Because (((they))) tell you you opted out but they don't necessarily have to do what they say. Welcome to private entities.

Got source other than you being retarded?

are you telling me that i have to INSTALL a thing in my fucking browser to opt-OUT of a fucking intrusive spying that i never asked for in the first place?

you might as well simply not use google at all.

How GNU are you?

Install the Firefox extension.

local-zone: "analytics.google.com" redirectlocal-data: "analytics.google.com A 127.0.0.1"local-zone: "google-analytics.com" redirectlocal-data: "google-analytics.com A 127.0.0.1"local-zone: "www-google-analytics.l.google.com" redirectlocal-data: "www-google-analytics.l.google.com A 127.0.0.1"

and privoxy, squid, uBlock Origin + uMatrix etc...

Don't use 127.0.0.1, use a black hole like 192.0.2.1

umatrix has adblocking built in, so is ublock really necessary?

because it's easy to block with ublock.

uBlock (Origin) hides ads more cleanly and lets you block individual elements. It's not really necessary but it is nicer than just uMatrix.

People who subscribe to their opt-out list might be tracked even more (h0h0, he's got something to hide?)
Anyway if you're jumping through their hoops, you're playing their game, by their rules. Fuck that.

You could probably simplify that to:
local-zone: "google.com." refuse
local-zone: "google-analytics.com." refuse
At least that works in my unbound.conf. But there's tons of other domains, like googlecode, googleads, etc. Really need a way to filter out by regex.

"to prevent their data from being USED by Google Analytics"

So it's just for usage, they still store the data.

Doesn't look like 192.0.2.1 is really blackhole, since it tries to route there.

What kind of freak laughs "H-zero-H-zero"?

A degenerate android.

~ # wc -l /etc/bind/ublock_hosts.conf12621 /etc/bind/ublock_hosts.conf

kill yourself

How GNU are YOU?

lolno. That add on probably tracks and monitors your browser is the irony since anyone actually wanting to opt out is the odd one out and raises suspicion.

The whole "opt-out" thing is flawed anyway. It should be a whitelist. If I go to a site, I don't want to be loading junk from other random domains. I would directly go to those if I wanted that.

Either uMatrix or host files, you gain nothing from telling a jew not to rob you, because it simply won't work.

uMatrix is an addon I will not go on the internet without. But blocking by lists is inefficient and pointless. Just block all third party shit and allow just what is needed for the website you're visiting to work properly. Too hard? Bullshit. I'm doing it for a few months already. It's just a habit by now.

umatrix will work as a whitelist by default. It also comes with a blacklist for extra blocking action but this list is not necessary when you use umatrix.

OP you're retarded and there are a lot of problems with your "solution".