What is Holla Forums opinion on torture?

What is Holla Forums opinion on torture?

Is torture permissible for the marxist cause?
What about if its on fascists or capitalists?

Would gulag conditions be considered torture?

Far from it. Occupants do forced labor while being educated, like habituation. Only those who sit idle or actively conspire against the revolution would be sent there. If they continue to cause troubles, torture and execution may come into play.

Torture isn't really all that more effective than regular interrogation methods so probably not.

If they refuse to work?

Absolutely not. It's
1) Ineffective and produces false confessions
2) Inhumane. Even if they're fascists, theyre still human beings. Torture is never ok.

Being born is a form of torture.

This. At least killing them is quick and painless.

This. Most people at this point understand that it's not really effective for producing useful information, but I'm sure there would be some who would turn to it simply for some cathartic effect.

Don't. To do so would be to stoop to the level of what we'd be fighting for. Put a bullet in their head if you must, but don't prolong suffering.

Also I wouldn't really call gulags torture so much as slavery. You can go on and give some tagline about "reeducation" and whatnot, but there's little evidence to suggest that anyone really came out of the gulags "reformed," assuming they got out at all. It's just more exploitation thinly veiled as necessity through party ideology.

Nice. I was worried we were going to have to abandon our morals on the this wild, wild trip to proletariat paradise.

Just kill then tbh fam. Torturing them is a waste of time and only indulges sadism.

It might be necessary to win a revolution.

fascists, racists, woman haters, bigots, anti-semites, islamophobes, nationalists all should be tortured.

t. xirxist memes

Yes, it's permissible. Torture has led to truthful information being recovered plenty of times. Most of the time? Obviously not, most torture has historically just been a way to indulge sadism and extract false confessions. But someone who knows what he's doing might save lives.

This. Needless prolonging of suffering goes against literally everything we are fighting for and everything communism stands for.

Or you could just kill them.. no need to torture anyone.. they're human beings ffs, no matter what they did they don't deserve to be tortured.

No I personally wouldn't use torture under any circumstances, nor would I be in favor of killing everyone who opposes the revolution. That's insanity.

The ends justify the means rhetoric is what led to Stalinism, and no I am not a pacifist.

When it comes to general strategy torture and similar tactics are counter-productive because they bread revolt.

I would instead send that person to a kind of communist "monastery", where people would practice simple communist form of life and study great works of philosophy and politics.
Notice the difference between this kind of life that would actually be seen as honorable and exemplary for the rest, and gulag whose main point is punishment and dishonor.

Ok in my book, see what happened to fascist women at the end of WW2 if you want an example.
It's always ok to torture and kill an enemy of the revolution.

I share Stirner's sentiment.

Gulag,Sex Slavery or Despooking at the ditch are the only awnsers for reactionarys.

Torture is not usefull unless you have captured a 100% certified target and he refuses to speak.

And even then you can't be sure he doesn't lie. So probably not that usefull.

This attitude is why the modern left is in the shitter. Grow some balls you milksop, porky ain't gonna take it easy on you so why should to be merciful to porky?

What's the purpose of said torture?
How far does torture go?
Torture has many uses beyond simple extraction of information and it doesn't actually need to be physical pain.

American far left (and far right) are both beta.

Winning the revolution =/= killing everyone who opposes it

And I suppose the centrists are the alphas right

Torture is an ineffective strategy for procuring information or changing behavior. The same is generally true for all forms of punishment and rehabilitative measures, This has been empirically proven, so ethical objections aren't even necessary to refrain from torture, just a rational commitment to efficiency and efficacy.

The Gulag is a retarded idea that few radical leftists, aside from tankies and other right-wing "leftists", actually promote. Should mandatory work camps exist for fascists and capitalists? That's a debatable proposition, but it makes no sense to have the conditions of those work camps be deplorable. Not only would that have ethical problems, but it would lower the productivity and efficiency of the workers in those camps. It makes more sense, if only from a strictly economic perspective, to provide workers in work camps with comfortable living conditions, perhaps a bit more austere than the rest of the workers.

*non-rehabilitative measures