Moogle Chrolofox

Why? It was a good browser. Nevermind that its leadership was full of snowflakes, communists and cancer - the browser was good while it lasted.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YkfZL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your premise is faulty.

It was all downhill after they forced Brendan Eich out for donating to an anti-faggot group

I took a look at the stats, it seems their strategy is working out wonders, really providing stiff competition to whatever UC browser is.

No it isn't. Firefox had tabs, while Internet Explorer didn't, and people wanted tabs. Now, if Chorme drops tabs, Firefox would, too, and claim they're part of the usability revolution.

This is the premise I was referring to. You believe that Mozilla had copied Chrome. This is false.

Oh, I'm well aware at the start Chrome copied Firefox in many things (one being speed, but now some things run better in Firefox, which baffles me).

But you can't deny they're dumbing down the browser compared to the there.is.only.xul days.

For me it was when they pushed out Australis and the hamburger menu that drove me to the other forks, with Pale Moon being my daily driver now. Sad to see what has become of it over the last 12 years.

Once again, your premise is false. You're confusing the cause and effect of Mozilla's direction for Firefox. The cause of Mozilla's direction is improved security. The effect of this direction is that the XUL addon system will be removed.

You don't understand, the XUL addon system may be an obsolete idea since HTML now supersedes XUL. But instead of making Firefox's chrome (no pun intended) into HTML (which wouldn't be that hard, really) and allow people to release add-ons to that (also not hard), they decide that the browser's UI is sacred because users are too dumb to understand the implications.

This is like saying iOS is more secure because each application is sandboxed to the point of inconvenience.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

The cancer was brewing for a long time before that and you better believe Eich was a part of it. The very first asinine anti-user decision they made was way back when they had just starting adopted Google's retarded versioning scheme. Some asshole got it into their head that it would be a good idea to stuff bookmarks settings into the single giant user profile file, making it extra difficult to run things across operating systems or users.

And then one day it took 1GB to open about:blank.

I think you mean 'Chromafox'

As opposed to Chrome taking the same amount across 20 processes? Seriously, constant 80mb for that almost-useless tiny extension you keep there out of convenience.

Holla Forums developed browser called "moogle chrolofox"
FUCKING WHEN?

It's simple, you just have to use Rust to bind V8 and Gecko, the KDE ports of Metro UI for Cocoa make this a breeze.

Except this never happened, you autistic fuck.

Fuck off Kike

>>archive.is/YkfZL

Why do you have to bring up the holocaust?

Did you read the article? He was asked to step down after a PR shitstorm. That's a normal thing, that's something that CEOs have to do when that kinda shit happens.

If his donations were such a big deal, why wasn't he "fired" before? The fact is that people inside Mozilla knew about his donations and he was promoted to CEO, only when the shitstorm started he was asked to step down and offered a new charge.

He denied and decided to create his new browser with blackjack and hookers. He got drilled in the ass hard by ad companies so Brave is not even half of what he promised.

That's all that happened. You can take your "SJW CUCK LE LE LE XDD" non-arguments to whatever echo chamber you came out of.

CEOs are shuffled around all the time for PR scandals. That's just how it is.

Where are you pulling this from?

Who, tell me, who could possibly be behind this post? I guess we'll never know.

Various Mozilla employees tweeted that they knew about his donation or implied they knew. One of those tweets is in the article (you) linked.

I followed closely Eich and Mozilla around that time, unlike all the "SJWZILLA XDDDDD CUCK" posters.

Eich himself posted in his blog that his colleagues knew him well and also knew he accepted people in the company as they came.

Nice non-aegument there, here's a (you).

It wasn't even an anti-faggot group.
It was against gay marriage. For religious reasons.
Faggots love to use that fucking excuse to call the action "homophobia" when the person was actually just acting upon his religious beliefs. By calling it "anti-faggot" you're letting them win.

Go back to reddit

Why still discuss firesucks? The ship has sunk long ago.

This. Version 4.0 was when everything went downhill. They were already doing pretty shitty before that, but they were still trying to be good. 3.5 came out because 3 was a disaster on release day.

This has been a huge problem since Firefox 2. 1.5 didn't have this problem. I still use 1.5 for offline docs, and other things that are safe to use outdated browsers on. Oh and the UI wasn't a piece of shit.

NEVER EVER
Holla Forums is a glorified shitposting board like Holla Forums or /sp/ before hw killed it. majority of the faggots on this board can't even code.

We started working on a truly debotnetted version of chrome a few years ago. I don't even remember what we were gonna call it. I'm not sure anyone does.

I agree. Most people actually believe that he was forced out. Not so, Mozilla wanted him to remain as CEO even during the drama.

(You)

Not everyone I don't like is an sjw, just you.

Cool meme Schlomo. How's the weather in Tel Aviv?

Epic projection lad.

fucking hell would you two get a room already

any community based bandwagon is cancerous, but the point is that being on the side of logic and reason automatically makes you anti-SJW

The Firefox addon holocaust is coming.

6 million addons up in smoke.

Truly anuddah shoah.

I've been saving my favorites to reupload with compatibility for Pale Moon. It won't save the ones that rely on Australis or rely too heavily on Jetpack, but I'm sure if you have the correct licensing info you can put them up on the Pale Moon addons site whenever they get off their asses and make the website useable. Or I could put them up on gitgud.

I'm hoping a good amount of extension developers will switch to Pale Moon due to either WebExtensions being too restrictive for their addons or maybe even just being too lazy to learn WebExtensions.

If Firefox suddenly loses most of the addons people used that weren't maintained anymore (because they just werked) and there's no WebExtensions equivalent, then there may be a decent amount of users that switch to Pale Moon as well.

Unfortunately, that means that the devs might bend to normalfags. Furfag already said he's not adding DRM support, so maybe that would keep away most of the normies since they couldn't watch their shitty DRM video streams.

Then again, maybe someone will make their own fork of Pale Moon, and we won't have an autistic furry developer anymore.

This increases my respect for him immensely. Adobe and the MPAA can get fucked.

Go to the Chrome WebStore and look for your currently installed addons. A lot of them (or equivalents) are there.

So far only Descentraleyes, the GNOME buttons and Open With... (to quickly load images/videos on Gimp and VLC, respectively) don't have an equivalent (Descentraleyes will be migrated to WebExtensions though) and I have 20+ addons.

Most people won't notice any difference, except their addons won't suddenly break after an update.

Firefox technically doesn't have DRM either. It runs in a sandbox and it's only loaded on-demand, unlike Chrome and Edge, and it can be disabled/uninstalled.

You can even install Firefox without DRM from the official page if you're really anal about not having any of that crap in your browser.

I still think their support for that fucking cancer in HTML5 was a huge mistake. They had an opportunity to take a stand for a free and open internet and they caved to peer pressure.

Firefox doesn't support EME. Firefox supports EME as much as supporting the object tag supports EME: it does no such thing. In order to support EME, you have to manually install a third party (i.e. not from Mozilla) plugin that will deal with EME. Firefox has not supported EME and I don't think it will support EME in the future.

DELET YOUR EXTENSIONS

t. Mozilla dev

Kupo!

>upgrade Firefox to 52 on Linux Mint
Fuck Firefox and fuck poettering. Do other distros have this shit by default too or am I completely fucked if I want a pulseaudio-free system?

You're going to have to compile it yourself and tell it to not use pulseaudio.

You could also just install Gentoo.
No, seriously. You can just go into make.conf and tell it to never compile support for poetteringware.

Yeah, you drooling dumbfuck autists definitely aren't incompetent or anything.

Install apulse, you fucking babies.

Not an argument.

I've used apulse before, but this shit is still fucking annoying.

Then you'd know it's not a dependency on the pulse audio daemon, you fucking monkey.

Not an argument.

then tell me negroids, what WB I should be using for my daily stuff, I watch a lot of jewtube videos and use bandcamp but Palemoon shits itself when something with JS or Node appears. TELL ME YOU NIGGER PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!

FIDF sure is busy itt

haven't noticed any problems playing jewtube vids. wtf are you talking about?

It was either that, or big corpos keeping Flash alive for the next decade.

You have to go back to >>>/g/

I can't understand why so many people are so obsessed with the developer being a furry.

must be the same spergs who dont use bash because the author is black or something.
Not to equate hating furries completely with moonman but seriously type stormfag shit, but its just in general a specific kind of stupid that wouldnt use some program because of some identity or ideology crap. Itd be like refusing to fap to some hentai because the artist was a nationalist/commie/an-crap

Same reason we hate bronies. Cool you have a hobby but do you really need to use it to project your loneliness on everyone? It's about as bad as gurl streamers

For me it's that it can be an indicator that the person has a huge ego and other mental problems. Bronies, furries, Sonic autists, homosuck tumblrinas... If you're an adult and still engage in original character donut steel faggotry, it's a red flag for mental illness. Someone's fetish doesn't need to affect my opinion of their work unless the work itself gets tainted by it. However, if someone has an ego problem... It's just a matter of time.

You can even see it in the fact that this guy has a problem with people using the Pale Moon name if they release their own binary. You could say that plenty of people use the same license, but I guarantee his faggotry doesn't end there. Never trust a furry or the like to not destroy whatever they create. Just look at Josh and his "vision" and where it got him. There are some exceptions, yes, but they don't make the rule.

I do like Pale Moon, and I hope he doesn't run it into the ground. I'm just not getting my hopes up.