Patrician Test

How would you pronounce the following letters/words in Latin;

How would you pronounce "datamining"?

plebian detected

I've never studies latin but I speak spic, so I'm not sure the "v" is pronounced like a "w".

I think C's are pronounced like a 'ch'

oshit unless you felt like using only traditional latin typeset, in which case, the vs could also be us how foolish of me

There are no hard Vs in traditional Latin. They are pronounced more like W. In fact, Latin has no letter 'U'. That's why in actual old Latitude inscriptions you see, for example, 'Valentinianus' rendered as 'VALENTINIANVS' Because the 'V' can be pronounced like a U or W depending on its position in a word. Look at the letter 'Double yoo/W' for example, the actual glyph looks like two 'V's pushed together, now you know why.

*Latin
Lousy autocorrect

look at this virgin. how would you phonetically pronounce "ne te quaesiveris extra"

Ne te kwhyseewarees I imagine

so the Latins had lisps? no wonder they were gay jajaja

like W in wine
like G in Ghost
like K in Kaiser

ayy emmerson reference?

you won't find a lot of IPA-savvy anons

You won't find a lot of IPA-savvy anyone. It kind of sucks. In the past when I wanted to learn other languages, the learning materials rarely used the IPA. I learned to pronounce phones that are not in American English using IPA charts and descriptions on their manner and place of articulation and phonation. No amount of mimicking recordings could teach me those phones until I literally read where to put my tongue and what to do with it to make those sounds. I don't want to learn more throwaway phonetic alphabets, but nobody cares about the IPA or explaining with precise detail how to pronounce things. So I have either gotten confused with material that rolls its own pronunciation description system or, in some cases, even when IPA is used, gotten stuck learning the phonology of a language where the material doesn't clearly explain which allophone is meant to realize a phoneme in a given context. I find it annoying because there is a chance I can run with a nearly perfect native accent right from the get go if I can manage to pronounce all the phones in the language and I have unambiguous instructions, but language teachers are probably assuming one has to practice mimicry by ear for years to get it right.

You benighted plebeian.

Ivlivs