Trade jobs/apprentices

Any younger blokes here or even middle aged thinking of not becomming a useless IT twat and getting a proper job? been a thread about it every now and then, plus im interested to see if any of the anons ive told to look into them have actually done it.
General trade job thread? discuss what you want, cunts.

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm
uitzendbureauwatchout.nl/
codekata.com/).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity_component_system
attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/internships/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you need to years to be qualified a that ?

I'm thinking of just getting a certificate in small engine repair which is like outboard motors/chainsaw/lawn mowers/weed eaters since it is like a 4-6month college course or just start getting into buying them and fixing them up.

it makes sense, go to any 3rd world country every bit of technology is fucked besides random 6hp lawn mower engines running everything

Ausfag, 4 year apprenticeship to become a qualified bricklayer.

makes sense, you can always work your way upto bigger engines/more complex machinery from the basic starting groups of mowers/whipper snippers

is this a joke?

on the contrary, i'm trying to become a useless IT twat
i got interviewed yesterday for a job as a unity game dev
downside is that they want mobile
since i have little experience with mobile games, they told me to try and make a simple mobile game and send it to them to see if i can do this shit
so i'm currently making some shitty demo
judge me if you will, this is still the comfiest possible job for me, not to mention that any retard with half a brain can do it as long as he knows how to make an app that can steal money use microtransactions

Pls faggot, leave the basement and go to a jobsite and ask a bricky if you can just lay 1 brick, if you do it first go without looking like a massive fucking autist, ill admit im wrong and kill myself. good luck champ

user, you're just not trying hard enough :^)
you should walk into an office building, talk to the manager and tell him that you want a job :^)

why has every hands on job that poor white people used to do for generations been kiked into some massive 4-8-12 year over-complicated bullshit degree. Then they pull the "well ofc immigrants do it for $2.00 under the table since evil whitey won't"

where before you would just ask some old guy to teach you while working for him. I probably need a masters to farm potatoes in Ireland.

yeah i have a 60 yr old italian boss, everyone is done legit and properly. i mean you would need maybe a year to do the course at tafe or whatever the fuck its called to you, and the rest you pick up actually working. some poor cunts in my class are still laboring and im laying 3, 400 bricks a day.
(a good bricky will lay maybe a thousand on a good day)

Learning industrial HVAC/R right now, as an apprentice of sorts.
Pretty damn interesting job, you learn a wide variety of different shop skills that always come in handy around the house and allow you to build and maintain all sorts of stuff by yourself.
Job is pretty much safe forever: because the equipment requires both constant maintenance and a shitload of paperwork, theres a steady workload, at the same time its complex enough that it cant be outsourced to polacks.
Pay is decent enough and half my time is just driving trough the countryside, from one fault to the next.

Im thinking of going into that.. how is it?

Unions.

Libfags want everything to be regulated to get them tax shekels.

Carpentry put me through university and is allowing me to pay for graduate school out of pocket. It's pretty nice.

Too bad carpenters are one of the lower paying trades

Nope! In some states theres a huge gap in trade jobs

I live in a town built almost entirely by Italian Vandalia stone masons very beautiful stuff, really makes me want to get into masonry as well even as a hobby but it is another one of those 2-4 year degrees
On of those is actually in the town I live near

Some brickwork can be truly beautiful i agree. I also find it actually enjoyable to do as a job. The actual laying of bricks, loading up jobs is a cunt but

Just like i wrote….
Would definately recommend it, but you do need some above average smarts, half the guys in my class have something like a basic college degree.
Atleast the interesting industrial/refrigeration involves some "advanced" physics. the AC stuff is simpler, like electrified plumbing.

Am i the only person here that wageslaves?

I'm a bricklayer, as I've progressed and now have my own business I earn around about 100 grand a week. Don't fall for the university meme

100 grand a WEEK? You hiring m8?

Honestly starting off you won't get shit but if you run into money it's easy to make it lad.

What brickwork do you do?
How many in your crew to be pulling in that amount a week..

I did it user…

Studied anthropology in uni, took a masters, ended up working at a museum organization department for 3 years.

Was miserable for the entirety of it. It was nearly all women there, really narcissistic, mean spirited bitches (specially to eachother), who more often than not were taking sick leave due to "depression".
The money wasn't even that good either.

I quit my job, moved to the country and took up a job as a welder at a small metalwork shop. I absolutely love it.
Everyone I work with are guys, we often go fishing and everyone gets along perfectly. And the money is pretty good.

The job change and moving to the country were the best decisions I've made in my life really.

Most likely restoration/heritage brickwork including sourcing weathered bricks for cheap/free and charging the end customer a shitload for materials. I'm not pulling in nearly as much but I work 2 months a year and clear 6 figures. There is very good money to be made in bricklaying.

Me personally? None anymore. What my company does is get some land and develops it into suburban property. As the high prices are going through the roof right now so it's a great market, I think one day it will crash and stay low but I've made myself enough to retire and it's probably not happening in the next couple of decades.

I get paid a fuck load for IT mate. This century is ours, sorry.

just make sure you're not born a Pajeet

how did you change from something so different?
i fell for the uni meme

That's because you like it up the ass. We can sense you like to put on a dress and show your anus on webcam,

There are 5 ways to get a job in IT

1) System Administrator
Get Windows Certification MCSA/E, work in .NET administration (windows server, SQL server). Alternatively you could be an Oracle sysadmin or a Linux sysadmin, but MS still gets you more jobs.

2) Programmer.
Learn Java, use Eclipse, Android SDK.
Make Android apps and sell them on the store, get plenty of good ratings so you get to put them in your resume.

3) Web Designer
Learn PHP, MySQL, HTML,CSS
Also at least one CMS

4) Graphic
Learn Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
Bonus: After Effects

5) IT Manager
Learn SAP ERP and spend your entire life in a suit with a smug face

I was a long time thinking about working in IT. I'm fluent at C#, a bit Python and currently getting into Linux Systems. But I'm not that much interested in IT anymore, because I found out how much saturated the job market for IT is, especially programming, sys admin and network tech. If you still want a career in IT, do consulting, analyst or get self-employed. All the big computer business were once people who were self-employed.

Unfortunately the IT field is getting infiltrated by garbage people that are considered qualified like her in pic related. Especially the gaming sector. They don't know shit but got hired because of the hole between her legs. Even though it's a STEM field, a lot of womem try to get in because everyone hopes to make money with the next instagram or bullshit like #GirlsCode or #TrannyIT.
I fucking hate it, it's pretty pozzed.
I'll be studying chemical engineering or nanochemistry after I'm done with the military. Chemistry isn't really better, but the job market looks a bit better, if you have atleast a master degree or PhD, because everything else won't get you a job and it's not that much pozzed with unqualified woman and qualified men that cosplay as the opposite gender like IT. I fucking hate those people.

One of my lecturers is a pajeet. For databases, which pajeets seems to flock to.

one of the tutors uploads a weekly summary of the lecture. I suspect this is because of pajeet's intolerable accent renders the lecs useless

is the person on the right the notorious terrorist Sam Hyde or am i just seeing things
also this definitely isn't my life goal, i'm studying IT systems, but i do need a job right now

What is the easiest trade to get into?

Bricklaying tbh

Fucking pajeets love a good database don't they. Invariably their code works but is fucking awful to maintain

Yes it is hahah it's from his KickstarterTV which I recommend highly. Good that you work besides studying because people became so smug nowadays, they don't hire people out college because they think they lack experience. It's IT systems is probably one of the best choices there, considering that programmers and sys admins are just cattle there. Holla Forums has very useful threads about this.

I recommend welding, it pays great but it definitely varies based on skill

Noice and of course you get /fit/ pretty fast.

I just checked and here on average it's about 20k in euro's a year. I know on new houses here they(most of the time) do a concrete shell that is prefab and then do bricks against them. And I also think our building company market is oversaturated since 2008. A lot of them went bankrupt and they got lower taxes for a while.

I hate trade work because i feel like shit all day long and when i come home my body hurts. Rather have a nice white collar job sitting in ac all day long.

I hate white collars jobs, because you sit on your ass all day.

Hard work is for suckers and you know it. There is a reason the government brought in all those beaners.

Not a kike, just sick of my body hurting day in and day out.

Trying to become an Electrician myself, taking Online college right now to spice up my resume. I'll probably go through the brotherhood or some local small business.

Any other Electrician bros?(If anyone here is apprentice or higher any advice is appreciated)

It's a long ways from now but I'm hoping to maybe become a contractor or maybe even start a business once I get to master.

Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy physical work. I don't like it myself, but they do exist. I even know this black guy (because he lived with/stole from my great aunt) and he said that he liked doing physical work. He didn't understand why I liked the computer so much, or why I wanted to get a job that used it all the time.

Not all trade jobs are just Bricklaying and Carpentry.

trades like HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical are kind of a 'mix' between the theory and manual labor, It wouldn't be a challenge to most Holla Forumsacks from what I've studied so far.

Why the fuck is it so hard to just get a labourer job in the UK? Hell, any entry level job has red tape or years of required experience. As a 23 year old NEET who has wasted the last few years wallowing in self-pity, its doubly hard to get my foot on the ladder.

I think we might be fucked m8

Shouldn't that go away after a few weeks. With going to the gym you don't have doms after a while.

Are you serious? There's a difference between working construction like a bunch of underpaid polish faggots and actually doing a PROPER job. I've worked in construction with my dad for 2 years and let me tell you, the amount of terrible jobs done is astounding where I live. Hard to find constructionworkers like bricklayers or whatever that actually do a good job. Sure, any retard can place lets say some bricks on top of each other, but actually bringing quality is a whole other story.

The hard part about being an electrician is making sure you're related to one so you can get an apprenticeship.

I don't want to accept that, but reality keeps telling me otherwise.

haha!

Yeah it's a bitch I'll tell you that much. I can't stress unions enough though like the brotherhood.

I get jealous as fuck though, friend wanted to join me in the trade, and he casually mentions to his uncle about it and he straight up offers him a job in NY since he's one too.

I'm not as lucky but you can go into trade schools who will help you get hooked up with employers.

It takes a lot of persistence too, but keep in mind that there's a huge percentile of trade workers, especially electricians, who are baby boomers and are dying off.

There's a huge demand going on, and it's only gonna get worse and worse, so these fuckers are gonna have to start hiring apprentices some time.

Oi, a brickie.

I tried my hand at a technician trade took two years of school for it got the highest marks in the class, and sucked out. I excelled at all the engineering aspects but am terrible at hands on. I don't have the hand eye coordination to be anywhere near a construction site, Starting IT diploma next month with gov't autism bux.

Enjoy working with spics to build houses niggers will live in.

IT takes functioning brain cells so it's all whites and chinks.

He's right. You young fags are going to regret breaking your body down for someone else one day.
Although if you start young you can raise enough money to invest in something smart

lung disease

I second that opinion

There's actually lots of Muslims that do the heavy lifting and the odd diversity bluegum that acts as the "face" of the organization and is given super easy tasks like getting meeting rooms ready and handing out lanyards to new staffers.

Yes, thank you for the coffee Mr. Adinwale.

I'd appreciate some advice from you boys if you can spare it. I'm at a junction at my life where I could choose between following a CS degree at a bretty good Uni, or I could take up a trade. I've spent a good 4 years already studying something useless before I started computers, but I've never been super good at math, so failing and wasting a lot of money feels like a possibility. My parents are one of those "only smart people with degrees make money" types, and are willing to throw all their money into the college fire for me, which I appreciate, but feel ashamed of.

What trades are out there that are well documented to make good $$$? Frankly I don't care about making big bux, it would be more to leverage my parents. Also, how do you avoid jobs that are filled with mexicans? I'm becoming more and more scared of having an office job. I don't want to have HR watching everything I do, and have to censor my thoughts for bluepilled normies. A skill that I can become more proficient and proud of over time really appeals to me, but I don't want to destroy my body through backbreaking labor either. Is there a trade that's right for me?

Enjoy losing your job to Mr.Muhammad or Mr.Chang and only knowing how to use your hands to jerk your dick. Man your ancestors would fucking kill themselves if they saw how much of a worthless faggot you are probably work for kikebook if they gave you enough shekels

Back breaking work yes, good for keeping women and the lazy out. Use the trades as a stepping stone for either investing(cuck chan /biz / Robinhood thread or the mutiple coin threads) or building a business. Especially,If your a building trades man ( carpentty,brick laying, ect..) your yearly salary is going to fluctuate like the stock market. If your a mechanichal trades man ( electrician,plumber,HVAC,ect…) get as many certifications as you can, you have a advantage because the certs. and tech aspects of the job keep immigrants from diluting your wages.

Finishing my Associates this fall and want to go into welding in the spring, anyone give any experience or advice going into it?

…they're going to pay take advantage of it
My suggestion:
1. Go to a 3-6 mos. Carpentry trade school
2.Go to college for engineering or Construction management(if engineering is too tuff)
3. Work summers in home construction/remodelling,deck building whatever. Won't pay much since your new but the XP is value
4. Optional (Holla Forums hates this) after graduating from school join National Guard or equivalent part time military in your area(1 weekend a month/2 weeks a year) pick another trade ( vehicle mechanic/HVAC/electriian) the skills you possess already will make learning it real easy.

Yeah there is a skill involved with bricklaying. It doesn't take 4 fucking years full time to learn though unless you are a complete retard.

If you are going to spend 4 years learning a skill, learn something that pays a better wage than fucking bricklayer. Goddamn.

I'd go the trade, m8. No shortage of IT qualified people, but the jobs market isn't huge, it's very competitive (and "diversity" minded), and the work turns you into a fat shit unless you're willing to put in plenty of exercise in your downtime, and you can get the arse at any second for just looking the wrong way at a colleague with brown or yellow skin, or tits and a cunt (it doesn't actually happen that often, but the consequences can be pretty dire, so it's a risk worth taking seriously).

Trades allow you to work for yourself, can teach you valuable skills that are useful if the lights go out, most of the guys you will work with, even if they're not white, are bros who usually take pride in their work and have sick bantz. The money, I would argue, tends to work out better long-term, and you get to spend at least some of your day outside and not in some godforsaken cube.

It's not gonna be an easy ride either way, but I think a trade can take you much further than being an IT guy, especially if you're not particularly gifted at coding and all that shit.

Just the opposite infact. Especially here in the UK there is a distinct lack of experienced software engineers, companys find it very hard to recruit.

Ah, suppose it does depend on location somewhat.
In Straya, the market's flooded for low-to-middle IT positions - or so I have been led to believe.

Also really not my experience unless you work at some hipster startup. Most software places are like 80% dudes. Also the hours are extremely flexible, I work from home whenever I feel like (aslong as I turn up to meetings nobody gives a shit) and work whatever hours I like, I usually roll in around 10-11am and leave around 4pm to avoid traffic when I'm in the office. My boss doesn't give a shit aslong as I meet my deadlines.

I am interested in welding since I have limited experience with it, but I enjoyed it a lot. Is there really a correlation between welding and lung disease, and if so, are there ways to prevent it?

Poor ventilation is the cause. Honestly surprised OSHA hasn't mandated the use of a fume hood by now.

Ex-ausfag here too, bricklayers get paid extremely well and it's not uncommon for them to own multiple houses.
A 4 year apprenticeship is standard, Australian housing standards are some of the highest in the world, and the expectations from apprentices is relative to that. Some Indians are starting to try their hand at bricklaying in the cities, as they'll do it for less than minimum wage - except their workmanship is terrible.

Yeah there is a lot of competition for entry level positions and you have to be willing to work for mediocre pay for 2-3 years (still more than you would earn in a trade, but nothing to write home about). Once you have a little bit of experience behind you and have some real skills (a degree isn't a skill, it's the beginning of your career, it's the baseline for getting these kinds of jobs) you start to earn more and it becomes a proper careerwhere companys are actively trying to recruit you.

It pays the bills till I get my major in Comp Sci. Also gets my foot in the door to have a good paying job once I graduate. 3 years of IT experience plus a Major = ez dosh lads.

hopefully D:

Can't speak for Australia but in the UK bricklayers earn maybe up to £25k if they are lucky and very experienced. The mean wage in the UK is £27k.
My first job leaving uni paid about that and it was an entry level software job.

It's certainly not a bad wage, you won't go hungry on that here. But imo it's not the kind of wage I'd want after spending 4 years learning a skill. Especially if you live in the South East of England where it's very expensive.

After 3 years is when you can start expecting employers to consider you for jobs that aren't exclusively advertised as "junior" or "graduate" or pay lower wages. You still need more experience and relevant skills to earn the big bux.

This doesn't happen in the US. Housing market is continually repressed to keep house prices increasing.

What would be considered "relevant skills" that I would not be picking up with my job or in my classes so that I can acquire these skills and, make the big bux sooner so I can fund my personal RWDS.

anything that isn't the basics of OOP in c++
they're probably still gonna want a diploma though

Glad you guys refuted me, I guess I was a bit more down on IT than is justified - good to know it's not all that bad, but it makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with my goddamn brother in law that he can't seem to crack the market.
Probably he's just a lazy cunt.

Doesn't happen in the UK either. How they've arrived at that wage is they've taken the highest end daily rate they could find for a contractor bricklayer (i.e. somebody with no job security) and multiplied it by the number of days in a year. There's no way a bricklayer earns £100k a year, it wouldn't economical to build anything if that was true.

Hadoop / Spark is all the rage right now. Big Data is very fashionable and if you have experience you can start to demand high wages.

How do I get a decent starting career in sales Holla Forums?

I know it's a morally Jewish profession but I'm great at both bullshitting and reading people. Also ENTP. I'm doing commission retail sales right now and I'm pretty good at it but want to get into something that will actually make decent money.

Any reccomendations? I'd go to trade school but I wasted 3 years in college for a useless degree I ended up not wanting and am in debt to the kikes at Sally Mae. Don't want to risk doing that again.

why would you do this
you knew it was a bad choice

never change Holla Forums

I didn't know user. "Follow your dreams", they said. Now I'm wagecucking to pay off Schlomo.

you had a poor choice of dreams user

Triggered

I'm a computer hardware engineer with a minor in electrical engineering. If I could do it again, I'd go to trade school to be aneutral electrician.

I've read reports of bricklayers earning $1 a brick in some parts of the country. I do have a mate who lost his job in Melbourne to Indian imports though, his boss was getting underbid on all his contracts, even though the Indians couldn't even brick a straight line.

True user but this sucker is going back into waterproofing, tried doing easy driving job,but it's making me fat and broke ,don't even ask how many miles I put on my car this year

I don't have time for Holla Forums today but we need more of these threads.
So here is a bump, sir.

Insurance sales is supposed to pay pretty well, and 1-2 years of experience in any kind of sales/marketing position is enough background for the vast majority of sales jobs. Stick with the retail sales job until you have a couple years experience and then just look around on craigslist, staffing companies, etc. for anything better.

I'm happy with my current career and it pays really fucking well. Why would you look down on people with an academic education?

/applied mathematics/calculation engineer

I worked for an electrician for one Summer. He pushed me away. Told me to get a job in government. He pushed all his kids into it (he had 4) and they all make good money, get good benefits, are safely employed, and get a fuck ton of days off – as he told me. After that Summer, New York banned fracking which really hurt his business. He did a lot of electrical work on the gas wells. Now they drive all the way from NY to Ohio for it.

Basically don't get into a trade thinking you'll be set for life. Your job status won't change, but the job itself will. That's the danger in it. You also have to work holidays and weekends. Yes, you earn more money those days, but it's not worth it if you have a family.

I was thinking of becoming a car mechanic or electrician.
I'm not sure which one, I like working on cars but electrician sounds pretty fun.

The only problem is I have a buddy that became a mechanic and works for a dealer.
He makes less than I do working in a warehouse, but I know a few mechanics that own their own shop that easily pull 75k a year.

liberals cant change a spark plug or do an oil change, they are worthless intelofags.

Boomer detected. How's it feel knowing the economy crumbled sooner than you hoped and now your pension is gone? Don't worry, the nationalized healthcare you forced on us will ensure you get to be alive and homeless for many many more decades. Enjoy the despair of not knowing where your next meal will come from. It's the future you already doomed your grandchildren to.

I fucking hate working in an office now. I've been doing it for 10 years and it sucks. Its 80% women coworkers. And you feel like your slowly dying at your desk.

I've been thinking about becoming an electrician for a while. The local community college offers a 1 year course. They say they are able to set up almost 90% of graduates of the course up with work after finishing. I'd be eligible for the journeymen after just two years of apprentice.

I'm just a little intimidated by the idea of such a large change. I've been sitting on my ass for a decade now.

Do you have a 401k or something of the sort already set up? Does the company offer any pension or benefits that you may miss?

Those are things to consider before leaving.

Yeah, fucking nah, you could pass the BAR exam in 6 fucking years, it should not take 4 fucking years to lay bricks when people did it with less than a months training 60 years ago and guess what? those buildings are still around.

No, I've been a total schmuck and worked for a company that doesn't offer any kind of retirement plan. There's nothing of that sort holding me back.

I never went to college. I worked my way up to weird management type positions throughout various companies by just being competent. I've been paid enough to be happy till now. But I'm starting to think about about things like the future and retirement. And what I'm doing now doesn't allow for that too easily.

Being able to bullshit your way up a ladder in an office doesn't interest me. I'd rather have a real world skill that will never become completely obsolete.

Depends on what you're welding and how you're welding it really, you can get welding mask setups with a portable air filtration system that straps to your lower back if you're working on exotic alloys. Most shops have articulated fume vents or cheap portable fans for protection.

A small fan stuck to the top of your helmet is typically more than sufficient, you can also use a respirator with cheap N95 filters if the workpiece is coated in metal cutting lubricants.

Most welders just control their breathing and keep their head out of the fume plume. With aluminium it's horrible, lots of ozone and fumes.

;_;

Why do you make this to me

Did they just defrost you?

That is utter bullshit.
You can automate manufacturing, to a degree, but there is no technology even on the horizon to automate construction, let alone maintenance and repair.
If anything, they could very soon have a computer take over most desk jobs, especially government and middle management type shit.

bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm

Maybe one day they'll have robots wiring up buildings and doing basic maintenance, but not anytime soon.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, but the fact is, it's manufacturing jobs and plants that are shutting down, not office buildings. If you really did work your way up the corporate ladder, where there's ALWAYS a job somewhere, but you gave it up for some small time manual labor, you're an idiot and I pity your bleak ass future. You gave up a sweet deal for a dying lifestyle that will be dead long before you will be. I really, really hope you're just towing the company line here, because if you're telling the truth, you are all kinds of fucked in a few short years.

Almost every office job I've held can easily be replaced by automation software, or shut down because some new law or regulation comes out.

How the hell is stuff like electricians and plumbers going to be obsolete? How do you think the office buildings you're working in or the toilets your shitting in get installed and maintained? How are those functions going to be replaced?

Those are being outsourced overseas because of shit-tier politics.
Myself i do HVAC/R, some construction but mostly service that has to be done locally.
Rigorous certification keeps out the shitskins.

No worries.
Another safe bet would be custom manufacturing, like high end carpentry or mechanics. Luxury goods always sell, if youre creative and good enough to deliver a flawless product.

Your toilet repair job can easily be given to a $3 an hour illegal immigrant though, especially with the way things are going. Hector Lopez Tenkids can't put together a bullshit powerpoint presentation for his next useless meeting, but he can easily drag your phone line into your house.

Fuck anons, in a year i will be going to Breda trying to be a programmerfor games, is this a mistake?
I'm currently in year 2 in my schools equivalent of IT. I can still change to a different university.

my year has just started.
And my dad owns a employment agency for polish people who work in greenhouses as pickers like in pic related So if it comes to it i can still work for him I guess.

but you can do it at home

Because this can't be bypassed and given to illegals.

Go ahead. Be a whistleblower. Never find employment again.

no

Brilliant rebuttal. Not like it happens all the time or anything. Not like your employers won't be given a bureaucratic slap on the wrist while you are blackballed from any full time employment anywhere ever.

I guess you manual laborers really are as stupid as I yell at you as I drive by you leaning on your shovels on the way to my real job.

mind saying the name of this employment agency to help a fellow non-polish Holla Forumsack

is it PRAN?

But i don't have a fucking clue what I'm doing.
Plus thats what I'm asking is going to university for this retarded? And if so what should i do? And is there even an market for game programmers?

You wanna pick flowerbuds for the entire day for like 5 days a week in the netherlands?

I really should just go talk about becoming one with him.

About to graduate fag here. Degree in Industrial Electricity. Plan on doing electrical work while getting a degree in EE.

I do agree that self-employing is the most based thing you can do though. I've thought about becoming a electronic recycler and selling refurbished shit like stereo equipment. Old computers and shit like that makes great art too imo

I'm happy to see it.
Left the basement a year ago and got a job running cable into businesses for their security equipment.

Now I install security cameras, access control, and install gps tracking in all kind of equipment.

My mental health is great, I earn good money and most of the trades people are pretty red pilled (hint: it's because they too work for their money)

A tip for everyone wanting to enter trades:
You are judged by the quality of your work, so passion is required. Good luck.

Were talking about trade skills here, not the fucking help.
I havent seen shitskins anywhere near these kinds of jobs, meanwhile office jobs are swarmed with all sorts of quota hires who make you want to kill yourself at the end of the day.

going to university for video games is always retarded
give up on your dreams

I want a paid job to help me get my foot in the netherlands. I am already working 10 hours a day with cowshit in some farm for a shit room and food but I hate it.

You think your "trade skills" are any more complex than "the help" jobs? You really think you need years of training to properly install an HVAC, or it'll go fucking nuclear and level the block? Your job is not hard and your skills are easily found elsewhere. Certifications are bypassed regularly, nobody really cares, and whistleblowers soon find themselves not getting calls back from Burger King. Wake the fuck up.

Well if you really want the website here you go. uitzendbureauwatchout.nl/ I doubt they will hire you but you can try hope you are white and should try to learn to speak polish you also get a residence with other polish people.
Also they like hiring girls more but you can try i guess.

where are you from?

So bricks ,huh?
I might look into that.
I need to do something,I'm too dumb for IT and too old to go back to school.
I keep hoping Trump brings back the jobs so I can stop being NEET because I can't find anything out there.
I just turned in an application for part time work at the damn dollar tree.
fml…

I'll jut say that my CV will probably stick out like a sore thumb if you have access to them

but thanks user

Tbh honest my dad says I won't have to worry about money later in my life because of his company if I can't find a job.
But I don't wanna be a worthless leech of my parents and i don't qauntify for autismbucks and neet bucks in netherlands or uitkering is something we hate people for doing because marrocans and turkroaches and other filth are making a lot of money because of it and abuse the system.
so I don't know maybe im just retarded but i'm going to try this shit game programmer stuff and if it works it works out and if it doesn't I will try to learn IT i guess

fuck off, jewboy

looking the pic i thought that it was a funny meme story about that cunt transitioning into a man, and that man is sam hyde, creepy stuff i know

weird, this is exactly the situation I am in right now. I will have an associates at the end of Fall, then I am going into an AWS welding program my college has.

I tried to do nursing and made it through the prereqs by the skin on my teeth and realized nursing school, if but some miracle i get in, would be hell on earth.

the fuck is going to happen when earthquake grade 2 happens, grade 2 can happen anywhere

What are vents and filters?

Come to aus mate, maaasssssive shortage of laberors

Mate tbh have a think which trade you think youd like, call up afew in your area an ask if you can come work for a week to see if you want to commit to an apprenticeship and if theyd hire you. Even if theyre not looking right now i recommend the fuck out of trying it for a week. Find the one you want to do and go for it

Tafe 1 day a week to "study" other 4 days youre working on a job site.

My boss gets $1.50 a brick. You make more money if you do all hourly work though. Idunno whats the go with UK paying like shit for brickys. Once im finished ill be on $250 a day n that's only going to increase

quit lying faggots

What weak kikery is this.. shoo rabbi

well then what do you recommend?

Would do this. So many historical bitches need banging.

Come to Burgerland, contractors are practically handing out apprentenceships at the moment, everyone is going for STEM degrees so theres a yuge shortage for laborers in the trades.

They pay for your training, depending on the program you join, no college required.

How's that Jew fetish working out for you? Making dollar signs or nah?

Sell software as a service (Saas) or high priced items like cars, boats, motorcycles, homes or tech.

Send your resume to people hiring but make sure your cover letter is spot on. Say something like yeah I know I don't have much experience but I can do this, this and that.

You are selling yourself to them.

I see so many goyim have fallen for the Chosen idea that there's something wrong about working with your hands.

The problem is those jobs are going AWAY, you fucking typical country farmer dad stereotype. From auto manufacturing to farming to road work to maintenance. Thanks to better tools and increasing automation, the jobs are dwindling, and it's not going to get any fucking better. If you think you, today, as an under-30, are going to earn a lifelong good living and retire by working with your hands, you're in for one rude awakening. The jobs of the next 20 years, whether you like it or not, are in office buildings. Are behind screens. Are at your desk in your home. Oh sure, there will still be a need for maintenance guys and technicians until automation goes full Isaac Asimov, but the jobs will be few and far between. Do yourself a bigass favor and learn some transferrable white collar skills. If you still want to live in a house at age 50, you'll need them.

Dude, skilled tradesman jobs are in ever more desperate need because more and more goyim try to get an increasingly worthless college degree.

Yes, unskilled manual labor is going to suck but there is definitely a need in our lifetimes for welders and plumbers.

So when shtf what are office workers going to have to offer when electricity is a luxury?

My best advice is go to a trade school or a community college that teaches trades. Employers will often post job listings at these schools because they want some one interested enough to pay for a few classes out of pocket as well as someone who at least has a vague understanding of what's going on. Most employers who hire apprentices this way will also reimburse your tuition. Also the school will help you find a job.

Videogame programming doesn't pay well, the hours are long and its hard. How is your vector algebra? Understand quaternions much?

If you're dumb and want to get into IT learn databases or web design.

Where have you been

was really weighing the options heavily and hold the utmost respect for skilled laborers I've decided to set a course for engineering.

Work you way up from technician. I know engineers without a bachelor's degree who were promoted from a technician position. The community college I go to has a program that will transfer enough credits to get an engineering tech degree after one year at a university. after that, take a few more classes and you can get your proper engineering degree all on your company's dime.

Something is very wrong here

Should I just kill myself?

There are a lot of trades out there. There's probably something out there profitable that you'll love. Take temp jobs, work in different fields, talk to the different workers and see what they do and see if you find something that interests you, take classes or find an apprenticeship in you new favorable trade, and see where you go from there.

o dingos, I am dieing

fuck off back to brit/pol/

HVAC filter the britcancer

just wanted to mention being a programmer without knowing computer science will only get you hired for mobile app making or as a 10 cent/job progrommer

this tbh, rust belt michifag reporting, after undergrad I did alot of insulation and drywall work and while it was great being around non-liberal faggots, the contractor I was shadowing was just barely scraping together jobs for himself. its definitely better than mcdonalds and starbucks but you won't be set for life like the other user said

Even with survival on the line, you'd constantly be wrestling her for the upper hand.

Well this thread is dying quickly. anyone have any questions or shitposting to get out before its completely gone?

It takes a lot longer than a day to build a house usually 3 months actually. Its still fucked though.

add another month to that for rain/fucking around with materials/useless cunts on the job

join the coast guard idiot. Lots of hot girls too

You're inhaling toxins all day. Most old welders are fucked up. Welding is a big trend right now. The market will flood soon I imagine.
I've lived through so many blue collar trends (especially in medical). You get in early, get over paid, then get fired as the market shifts the labor value down to 15$ and hour.

Happens all the time. If you're going to do something blue collar either make yourself super educated in it that you can't be replaced, or do something that can start your own business and work 14hrs a day on it for 20yrs.

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." Aristotle

I need help guys. I'm applying to flooring. What do I need to know about this trade?

laying floorboards? sanding floors? more info cunt

Trades are a fine career choice but fuck off with the "hurr IT not a real job" faggotry.

Installing carpet and hardwood floors. Seems like a good trade to learn then create your own business. Sort of like painting.

As an apprentice.

This.

We need Holla Forumslacks in every single industry to subvert the kikes. We need lawyers, doctors, media men, etc.

I pay up front now for some online classes and I can conceivably be debt free in a short amount of time. Feels OK.

I'm currently learning to draft since it's the only way of aquiring the skill of drawing from life in current yearland, then I am going into animation and will drop subtle redpills in everything I make. I have similar sense of the absurd as sam hyde and plan to shit on modernism constantly.

that shit is a lot more practical especially when you are older and have the means to spread shit you make.
a lot more practical that going into IT which is full of pajeet shills and SJW cunts and everything boils down to "how long did it take me to google that"
at least go into elec. engineering or something where you actually learn the structure of a fucking computer.
t. wasted half his life on compsci and almost got rich doing it

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Or is this some europoor britbong/germany thing? It's pajeets, not mudslimes.

Have you considered
>outsourcing entry level IT jobs to pajeets for that sweet sweet offshore

Show me one that fucking hasn't. browse Holla Forums the only threads with actual content were started by Holla Forumsacks or wizchan faggots.
the rest is mental illness and loonix babble. It's not a bad hobby but it's a shit career.

Why the fuck are you still peddling this retarded idea?
Its im fucking possible to automate anything but mass production of retail crap.
All industry appliances are custom built, cannot be automated economically.
The same goes for construction, where you have to build and install shit ON SITE.

Maintenance is already the biggest aspect of many trades, if any automation were to happen that would in turn increase.

At the same time, office jobs are already fucking useless and artificially propped up by a self reinforcing spiral of worthless schmucks hiring more of their own kind to stave off the realization that their jobs are ultimately meaningless and could be done by a watson-tier AI.
are you fucking kidding me? what would that be? MS fucking Office? Trashtalking the absent coworkers?
Most office jobs are so repetitive, even a drugged up affirmative action hire can do them after weeks of training.

Hey, any Burger or Bong tradesmen to clarify this?

I'm in Soviet Canuckistan and our safety laws are through the fucking roof. No complaints here, I'm very grateful for it, but from what I have heard, safety standards, particularly in the US are very lax.

Hell we can't even go to work here without multiple safety meetings and a go-over of all worksite hazards EVERY DAY.

What are the laws like for respiratory PPE in your countries? Fall arrest? Confined spaces?

Hell I've worked on many a domestic construction site and have seen OH&S SHUT IT DOWN like they should once or twice.

Would love to know! Thx. Have some anime grills

Because anyone can be a labourer. There have been few major construction projects over the past few years so it's not always obvious how or where you're going to get a start.

Stop wallowing in self pity and start doing things. Anything at all. Get registered for community college right now, you're going to start in september. Learn to drive, buy a toolbox, buy tools, go to the library and start reading maths and science then start studying it.

You don't know what physical work is. Try doing it for 20 years and tell me you're doing it because it's enjoyable. Since you don't get exercise from your job I trust you're exerting yourself in your own time.

UK is world leader in H&S.

You'll find on smaller contracts with small independent companies H&S will often go out the window but on large construction sites you're not getting in without adhering to H&S fully.

Passion is the most important thing.

Cosmetics =/= Structural integrity

OP LEAVE FUCKING SOCIETY NOW WHILE YOU CAN

Getting pretty keen to get into carpentry or bricklaying, mainly because I can become a builder down the track.

Thoughts? I'm 23 so that works against me. In Brisbane if that matters. Have very little trade experience, but have worked physical jobs if that helps.

Location is very important to construction. Places aren't always building continuously so there's often a necessity to move around.

Do your homework. Find out what construction projects they're expecting to have in the future. Sport stadiums, power stations, hospitals; Everywhere has them and they occasionally get replaed.

Large projects can be difficult to get into, you could need years building up experience becoming a tradesman or you could get lucky and land one of the shit jobs which is great for quick and easy money in the short term.

I'm having my interview at a local i.b.e.w. union place to become an apprentice soon. Any electricians in here have any advice to get through it?

I'd prefer to residential (so I can get into residential building later on), so I should obviously look at new estates, developments etc, right?

Half of my family is in that union. Unfortunately because of my parents divorce when I was a child, I never got the hookup

I guess, I'd take into account that it's easier to make predictions with the large stuff - there's so many years of planning that goes into them and you'll see them mentioned more often in the news and trade magazines.

Cheers for the advice.

Also mexicans

You are completly and utterly clueless. Soft AI and advanced neural nets will make about 60% of office jobs right up to middle management completly useless. Your "white collar skills" aren't worth shit.

Yeah they are already working on self-learning AI the will write its own software. Good luck competing against that.

Are all trade threads thinly veiled automation threads?

Really all the office drones puffing about "haha you useless labor drones are going to be replaced by robots lol" are going to have a rude awakening since most of the shit done in office enviroments (data processing/eval, low to mid level planning and decision making) will be piss easy to automate esp. since the replacement aren't going to be industrial robots costing a few grand but a bunch of servers.

Pretty much.

Reminder that any work done on a computer will be heavily impacted.

Reminder that knowledge work like law/medicine/accounting will be heavily impacted.

call up a apprenticeship agency if theres any near you. or call up some blokes from the yellow pages/google(not likely if you want a smaller crew/old bloke to teach you right) and ask them if theyre keen on having you on for a week or two to get a feel for the job, youll just be shitkicking but youll see what happens basically. other than that, dont be a soft cock and youll be golden.

Ausfag painter here,

trades are probably the best way to go for young lads these days, Painting pays like shit and I only work with a small crew doing mostly residential stuff, but I make a comfy living, and even then you can always move into the supply/organisation side of construction and make good money

p.s in saying that, if you're going to chose any trade, I'd probably say away from painting, shit money for at least 4 years and you fuck your body up without even doing anything that strenuous.

And I didn't go to tafe either, waste of time, just find some old italian guy to take you on, and in a few years just get accredited, get better money straight away too.

Yeah, extinction is preferable.

Fug, this is literally me. I have thought about all those options but I have no money anymore and have been unemployed the past 3 months. I have no idea what I'm doing and I feel like I have no option but to go die fighting for ZOG now with Hillary or Trump as president. Not having a real job is driving me insane.

I just want to die fam.

What the fuck are we supposed to do?

Lets say Trump gets elected.
It would be awesome to help build that wall, then tell stories about how you built that wall to your grandchildren.

Fellow wall builders could construct miniature shrines to KEK and form a loose knit secret society to ensure the survival of our culture.

I'm a mid 20s Ausfag thinking of making the switch from a boring as hell white collar job to being an electrician.

Through family connections an apprenticeship shouldn't be a problem. Any advice? Is this a trade that still looks relatively safe going forward?

Maybe we should form a shilling company that goes on facebook and twitter and instagram and jewtube and upboats pro trump comments and downboats shillary comments.

We can also post dank trump memes to the normies and upboat the shit out of them so they are forced to see it.

Idk man.

We do this type of shit for free and we're good at it. Why not get paid to do it?

If we all formed media companies covering social media, 9gag ripoffs, news, politics, hobbies, sport, etc, we could have quite an influence on the public.

With your idea, I'm not sure how we would get paid.

yea sparkys arent going anywhere. shit tons of math at tafe though so if youre bad at math id possibly look elsewhere bro

this isnt jidf mate, who the fuck is going to pay us to subvert kikery?

I don't know how they do things in the land down unda, but yes electriton wouls be a wise choice, probably the easiest trade to start your own business with, doing housecalls and such.

Unless Aus regulates it to hell.

Law is greatly oversaturated and as a result can be considered a meme degree, doctors are fairly meh generally because of the both time and money investment you put into it in comparison to other shit when it comes to what you get back and the media only works by either starting your own or by being related to or friends with an autist there

Damn right, MS Office. Clearly you've never worked a job more white collar than cleaning up cow shit, but offices are full of complete retards who couldn't put together an excel spreadsheet if you gave them a week off to figure it out. If you really sit yourself down and learn Office, Quickbooks, maybe some basic CSS, you'll be guaranteed a cushy white collar job for life. And if that particular business shuts down, there is ALWAYS another place in need of skill. There is ALWAYS white collar work and there ALWAYS will be.

What there won't always be are a preponderance of muh working with muh hands jobs. Something as simple as a jackhammer basically halved the number of road construction workers we'll ever need. How many HVACs in your city do you think needed maintenance today? Hell, this month? How many toilets do you think needed replacement this month? Not a lot. Your blue collar manual labor jobs are disappearing fast. I'm trying to help you here, you goddamn idiot, pull your head out of the 30's and get with the times.

I heard residential construction is more customer service because you deal with so many different owners of houses whereas commercial construction is more straight forward but strict on regulation.

easy peasy

I disagree.

Maybe but it's not the quantity of workers but quality. I imagine the days before jackhammers they had laborers use hammers or pickaxes to break up the road. Yeah there aren't as many unskilled laborers to swing a hammer but the person handling the jackhammer is getting paid more for his work and his quality is better.

A lot. I used to think the same way as you with a scarcity mindset. HVAC people are always busy why do you think it's such a good industry? They do heaters in the winter and AC in the summer.

Maybe not exactly toilet replacements but I know for a fact normies call for a plumber to use a plunger or run a snake when they could've done it themselves. Believe it or not simple problems like that are more common than a full on toilet replacement and if you're charging $50/hr for something that can be done in 10 minutes, you're good.

LOL no. The industry is growing. It will dip during this upcoming recession but people will always need to build a new structure, remodel one or tear one down.

I got the job! I start on Friday. How hard is it on the body? I have some back and shoulder issues from my years of football. I did that entry level general labor job a while ago and it wasn't hard on me. I mostly swept and threw stuff away.

Got any tips?

What should I expect as an appretice?

How can I be a better worker?

ok faggot fix your heater yourself next time it breaks, i hope your family dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

Welp, I'm 18 and just started at a community college that my parents have paid for to get 2 years of general education and then plan to transfer to a four year after that.

I've never had a job before and want to get my shit together since I'm supposed to become responsible and such now. I suppose beginning to exercise is a start….

Any advice on starting life? Trying to advance from being what could be an anxiety-ridden NEET.

One piece of advice:

NEVER GIVE UP

You're going to feel very awkward trying to improve yourself and you're going to want to give up after the first couple of tries.

KEEP GOING

Did you fucking ancestors quit when the mudslimes invaded Europe? They held out and pushed them back to the desert!

Did the great inventors quit when their prototype didn't work? Thomas Edison did the lightbulb 10,000 times.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Start by exercising. You don't need to spend money on a gym. Put your shoes on and go out for a jog. Yes, you can stop and walk if you get too tired but keep going. Shoot for one mile. It seems like a long time but it gets easier.

Add some calisthenics to your workouts like push ups, pull ups, sit ups and squats.

For your anxiety, spend more time around people. If you need a job, get a job doing fast food or washing dishes. These are good entry level jobs which make you hate your life and motivate you to do something more. When you get bitched out by a fat Indian lady for adding pickles in her burger, even though you didn't make it, you start to look for more opportunities. Also, you get to practice socializing with other outcasts. Anyone who's worked in the restaurant industry knows why they keep cooks in the back :-DDDD

Former blue collar here. Left for IT last year and havn't looked back.

It was fun and all, but you don't want to be doing that shit when you're older. Everybody I knew older than 40 had some sort of horrible injury that they were dealing with via sheer willpower every day. Snapped tendons, pinched nerves, no more cartilage a joint, etc. It won't make you /fit/ because when you're working out, you're nurturing your body. Your bosses don't give a shit about your body, and will work you as much as they can get away with, all else be damned.

Also, the number of retards you have to deal with will really grind you down psychologically. And I'm talking real idiots. Even the guys who are otherwise alright will only ever talk about sports, reality TV, how hot any given woman is, and other assorted pleb stuff. They don't want to hear your speculations on how the world works or what interesting thing you read on wikipedia yesterday.

Now I just deal with emotionally-repressed cucks all day. It's another type of depressing, but at least the money's better.

What do you do user?

Be a smarter worker
you have 2 kinds of nailers
air and manual
if you have a manual you don't have to "Muscle it in" when you set the nail take a long ACCURATE swing with the hammer
the hammer is heavy you want to swing it just fast enough and long enough so that it sets the nail
You don't have to smash it every time.
So if you swing correctly you can do it all day and not go home all sore.
Make sure the board is tight before you set the nail BOTH WAYS on the end and the side.
Occasionally you have a warped board it is only then you have to smash the plunger to pull the board tight to the side.
I layed and nailed from right to left.
the last board to the wall will always be a little long flip the board end for end and put a small pencil mark on the top where the the next to last top of the board ends (the top/face not the tounge) then you never have to measure and you will have a perfect cut but don't worry you 1 1/2" of trim that covers the end cuts.
once you lay out a full room you will see what I mean by lay the whole room out before you start keep your joints as far as you can if you have a joint directly across from another make sure you have 2 boards in between.
Learn to swing the hammer fully and accurately does not have to be hard just a full long swing
If you have a pneumatic nailer pfffffft
easy peasy for 99% of the little faggots that post here.
fuck that look for shit to do never stand around with your thumb in your ass
For instance if you have to make the last cut for the last board in a run find a bucket or something if you are using a jig saw or small skil saw make the cut so the waste piece falls in the bucket nothing to trip on nothing to pick up for clean up already done or if you use a chop saw throw the cut off in the bucket not on the floor
get some knee pads so you can kneel don't buy cheap ones you will hate them
or buy carhartt double front knees and wiggle in a big piece of foam in the bottom opening experiment till you figure out what works
LEARN TO SWING THE SETTING HAMMER IN ONE SMOOTH EASY MOTION ACCURATELY

Always have a tool in your hand. Always. Even if there's nothing to do for awhile, have a tool in your hand.

Me too lad. I would venture to say that you feel like pic related inside?

Anyways I'm glad this thread exists. The ones on 4chan don't last long enough. I've been feeling like shit for the past two semesters now in Uni.

I also work in IT and while I enjoy the work (when I'm actually doing something lel), it's gotten pretty mundane for me, just doing the same thing every day, clock in, check some tickets, take care of tickets go to class, clock back in, take care of more tickets, go home.

The job itself isn't actually all that bad as I'm an upper tier I / lower tier II tech (meaning I have basic help desk duties but I also have admin privileges and server/network access). I'm a student tech for my college's IT (there's been a whole bunch of changes happening lately with budget cuts and layoffs and shit to only add to the stress) and the student part of it sucks ass.

I'm honestly fucking sick of school and I just don't want to do it anymore. I believe this current semester will be my last as it's the last semester with classes I feel are worth taking in my field (IET) while everything else is bullshit. I've felt pretty strongly about this for a while now and I'm pretty certain I'm going to finally venture for a trade next year. Either that or something comes up as a God send and I can work in IT without the bullshit schooling. I mean I'm already pretty well networked and all that.

I just don't know what I'm to do guy's. I don't want to make this post too long cause honestly, I could probably write a short fucking story with all the things I want to talk about.

I'm sure some people will say find a hobby or something or join a group, and I already have. I've been part of a network security club for two years now plus I volunteer in my local state search and rescue team. Sometimes I actually feel that I'd be more fulfilled pursuing the SaR stuff more full time if I could, eventually working my way up to FEMA and shit. I really enjoy that stuff, despite my multi-month lethargic streak.

I don't know. I really wanted to pursue being an elevator tech as a trade, but some other anons have told me that even though it pays the best, it's the hardest trade to get into alongside electricians due to nepotism. I don't know what other trade I'd want to do otherwise except for IT, which I feel is part trade part white collar in itself.

Fuck. Just fuck my shit up fam.

Carpentry for a little peckerhead like you should be mindless repetitive work think a couple steps ahead
For instance all the flooring is delivered to the garage and has to go to maybe multiple rooms never make a trip down stairs or to that end of the house and not return with another bundle of flooring.
Always have your own pencil wear carhartts and keep it in the side pocket next to your box cutter which you use to sharpen it with and a fuck ton of other uses
I like the
but in the flooring biz is a little hard to do but having your own razor knife and stupid little shit is a good plan

And you'll pay to have to have it fixed 2-3 times because he didn't do it right. Let me guess, you've never done any kind of plumbing have you?

Thank you! I'll start the morning jogs tomorrow morning

Tesla invented the lightbulb, Edison only found how to sell it.

yeah that is the true benefit
there is almost no libs in the trades

spent years stressed to fuck in shitty little offices hunched over in a chair working with dumb bitches and beta faggots barely getting enough to time to do a shit job writing crappy code you get almost no say in designing while having to deal with constant creeping liberalism idiots who have no idea what the fuck they are doing making your life hell

quit that shit started a trade

useless cunts get the axe
every woman who makes it in trades isnt a cunt
everyone is conservative or at least centrist
say what ever the fuck you want
white as fuck
fresh air, sunlight, fit as fuck
bulk skills and tools

the more complex a trade is the better the conditions and the experience is

my only advice to anons is dont do shit trades like painting or render as anything that can be done by an idiot will be

cant be a bitch though, or you will legit get no where, i tell you what

What kind of IT are you doing? IT pays only 15$ and hour now unless you're really educated in some shit

Another douchebag who had life handed to him and doesn't know those jobs only hire spics

yeah that is the case

some people tried to put together a bricklaying team with afganies on work visa, paying them fuck all intent on skimming cream off their backs

but they cant lay for shit or even read diagrams let alone a set of plans, useless cunts, eventually they put them all into a rendering team as any idiot can slap mud on to walls

all it takes is a slight down turn and all the losers get cut and leave the industry, we get super busy with bulk extra work at every 'downturn'

trades ive seen non whites in is like painting and tiling, lot of asians as its not that physical

kiwis do a lot of scaffolding as its hard work and not very smart

might see the odd kiwi or blacky laying bricks but very few, too hard for chinese

when i was a software engineer on large scale projects i had to deal with droves indian and chinese or women test/integration engineers and production managers, too dumb to actually write code, barely smart enough to test it or manage it

admin staff almost always women, if not then homos

situation always the same with large scale projects you have a core 5-10 absolute hack caucasian developers and the 20-40 horrible rabble support staff cucking your shit up every day

in trades you just have boss cunts, no rabble, the bosses missus does the admin at home

theirs more and more asian bricky crews around now (sydney) tafe is just lebs and sand niggas. like 3 aussies besides me.. they're fucking useless. shits ganna be real grim real fast

I understand that, but I was just replying to the guy talking about hard work.

user, I already said that I DON'T enjoy physical work. I was saying that some people do. I don't.

Dont fucking do it man. Its hell

People at my blue collar job follow normie hobbies while still being redpilled about the government constricting on their liberties and freedoms.

By the time any construction user here reaches 40 they should already have their own business to control their workload.

bump for trade anons.

Fellow previous-neet here.
Did a year of pre-apprenticehship for carpentry and now moved back home to work on a large construction site here.

I'm complete shit social wise since construction normies are so different from us and I'm hindrance skill wise, but you gotta start somewhere. It's just experience and time needed to grow.
A seed didn't become a tree in a day, let alone a month.

I feel loads better mentally now though.

currently in college, but getting a 3 month internship over the summer at an instrument workshop (they are involved in making, tuning and playing). So it's more than nothing, currently planning on developing that skill and going to law school at some point.

trades aren't really worth it. 1. You have a very high rate of dying earlier from being in a trade due to workplace deaths (my dad worked as a cherrypicker and bashed his head open). You will make a lot of money in the short term, but long term you are damaging your body and your health. You guys think you will be respected as masculine men for working a trade job, that isn't true. Firstly you should know masculinity is not respected in our culture and most women don't want to marry a tradesman, they are seen as lower class.

All in all, I wouldn't work a trades job because their isn't much benefit to it in the long run.

FOR IT FAGS

I'm in canuckistan.
I've finished a programming course last year (1 year) at a local college and we learned the basics, it was intensive and everyone dropped out. We had me, cis white male, 2 other white guys, and some weeaboo asocial cunt that never talked.

Now that was almost a year ago, and I still can't find any fucking work.
I know C#, .NET, some ASP, all that VB shit ez as fuck, i know PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, all that good basic web shit, also i'm pretty good at SQL.
I already knew from previous experience anything and all related to hardware and debugging people's shit, setting up networks and servers all that shit.

Does any of you IT fags have any tips to get an actual job that isnt a shitty ass tech level 1 where you suck dicks?
It seems most companies want some java-in-the-loo programmers

the idiots at tafe and the people that get qualified and become successful arent the same thing

a lot of shit cunts get sent to tafe to do trades cos they fucked school and cant get into uni, literally babysitting, tafe just likes to take their money like the universities take the first year students money

most of the idiots i went through initial tafe with are flipping burgers and a lot of the apprentices ive worked alongside are too

but i dont live in syd or melb

counter-slide bump

no benefit in the long run are you fucking mad?? one word, homesteading

and if the happening ever happens you will change your tune real quick, a nail gun in the hands of a pro would be priceless

My old man who was a farmer his whole life is incredibly healthy and had a fitness girlfriend move in. If he's any indication, I'll be fine.

Besides, you just need to work for a few years to get your apprenticeship, then you can fuck off and sell yourself like a mercenary of construction or maintenance for people in your community, for work YOU want to do.

Sparky here planning on becoming an EE/Industrial Electricity or Electronics fag and also learn PLC programming during my spare time.

Funny you mention that, I've already started on that path and slowly building up my bench with muh electronic lab equipment. Just bought an SMD rework station off of ebay and try my hand at SMD soldering but now I'm going to need a microscope, fuck this stuff can get expensive.

ebin

bump

i know people who have thrived under a life in trades and others who have withered

its just like normal exercise, do it while you are in a good state and it works for you, put yourself in a bad state and of course its going to be bad

most of the trades i know who have withered under it are the types that drink too much on the weekend, have absolute shit posture, wear shit boots, dont drink enough water and most importantly dont eat enough vegetables

youve gotta eat bulk veg and drink lots of water, the best performing guys i know do these at the very minimum

the sun cleans your blood and the extra oxygen from exertion is good for the system but heat from the sun does create inflammation and so does exercise

inflame yourself on the weekend with alcohol and on monday morning you are essentially running on a 3x multiplier on inflammation

chronic long term inflammation wears joints down, add bad posture and/or bad boots and thats how you get a fucked back

ginger tea is a good way to go, i often drink peppermint or lemongrass tea with a hunk of ginger in it, bulk anti-inflammatory

cold water works well too, a pure cold shower after work on a 35+ degree day is luxury

Keep this thread alive.

This is so true and that's the one good thing I can say about the trades that affirmative action hires don't last for long. It's sink or swim and if you are put in charge of running a job everyone knows real quick what you're capable of and the fuckups are sent right out the door.

That is true as well, they might not all see the jew but generally are racially aware and the beaners keep to themselves while there are not that many niggers in the trades and the ones who do make it are generally uncle toms and are somewhat intelligent,

Correct, those trades are usually done by spics, niggers and low iq whites whereas the HVAC, plumbing and electrical is done by whites.

Being my work is mostly commercial I see these types of people all the time. All those office guys are bald, effeminate doughboys and the office bitches seem to get off on humiliating the men that work there while you have faggots and nonwhites in there as an added bonux.

I doubt you can even drive a nail through a 2x4 without injuring yourself Schlomo.

are there any types of outdoor jobs that dont require university? i wouldnt mind being a park ranger or animal person or even a leaf analyzer as long as i get to be outdoors.

landscaping

landscaping is like a trade on a diet
its not as vitally important, so you get more time to get your work done

it doesnt require anywhere near the same amount of tools or hardware or anywhere near as much learning

it has very little harsh exposure, there arent as many toxic chemicals

you do still need to be able to read plans, know about plants and you have to have some artistic ability so if you are good you will get work and wont be undercut by beaners or what have you

2/10

0.5 for each sentence. You don't understand the subject matter comprehensively enough.

I have the opportunity to do whatever at pretty much any university I please, I was originally planning to do physics or astronomy so I could get into the space stuff because I like doing that kind of stuff, but if it really is just a meme, I don't want to fall for it and get kiked out of a good job/life.
What do I do Holla Forums?

Don't listen to this asshole.

There are also chainsmokers who live into their 90's.

Thanks m8. Yeah I'm not a maths whiz but never had any major difficulties with it either. Should be right I think.

Yeah that's how I was sort of seeing it too. A solid trade where you can eventually start working the way you want to.

Feels good knowing this thread still lives an people dont want to be neetcucks, keep it up. Downside/upside to tradie job is when it rains you basically halt all work but in winter you make little fires in the morning so unfreeze your hands

I'm always so amazed at the brilliant counterarguments one can expect from Holla Forums. If I may respond in kind now, to the lot of you?

LOL U RONG.

everyone over 30 l know says the whole "computers are the future; best field to get in, user".

If I had my druthers I'd have gone for plumbing.

They'll always be needed, and you can always hang up your own shingle.

They also do pretty well money-wise.

Even the apprenticeships in that field pay really well.

Bump. Threads like these are worth more than Gold.

it's a sack of shit.
to them computers are this amazing box that makes you money just by pushing buttons.
thanks to this the field is over-saturated.

Landverrader.

I mostly do mechanic work these days and it's work I enjoy, life aint too bad anymore but I do get tired of hearing that shit constantly. I don't know how to explain that making darth vader say strange things in sony vegas and making shitty memes for imageboards is not really a useful skill and even if it was I would not want to do it for a living. These are people that can't do without their cellphones for five minutes, even the old folks are addicted. They just can't understand that when I'm not sitting at my desktop browsing for my own amusement I just want to be away from electronic shit not get more immersed in it.

top pleb.

Im thinking about moving to Maine and going to school to be a paramedic

Saving white lives. Pretty great when you think about it.

Whaddya think fam?

What do you guys think is the cut-off age for beginning a trade? I wish to get into engineering or construction or some such, but I have no experience at all, and sacrificing my current work schedule (even though I loathe it) to immediately get myself in debt with TAFE fees does not appeal to me.

I did TAFE at about 22, wanted to try carpentry. Paid upfront for a pre-app in building and construction, and it never lead anywhere. Between the ages of 21-25, an employer had to pay me full wages - if I was younger than 21, they could legally pay me like $200 a week, if I was over 25, they would only need to pay me the $200 a week and the government would chip in the rest.
The rest of the class were dole bludgers forced to go there between cones, I learnt some stuff but the majority of it was absolute bullshit.

I have a mate in security, setting up house alarms and cameras and such, I'd join him in a heartbeat if possible.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I figured that could be the case. Security is also a profession I'd be interested in, tbh any job that would move me into a higher salary with more physical activity and less corporate politics/gossip would be great, but like I said, I'd rather not lose my current wages in the process, I'd rather a smooth transition, but so far that doesn't seem to be a possibility, going to have to take a leap of faith to branch out any way I do it. I should put effort into self education in the mean time to give myself a taste of whatever I do end up choosing, sure as hell don't want to do this job for the rest of my life.

What's your current income?

Are you me? I'm also studying EE and I'm interested in PLC/PID controllers. I was looking into educational kits but I probably won't be buying one until next summer. I still have two years to network with people in the controls industry.

Not that much, clear about 26000 after tax, but better than Centrelink forcing me into work that I don't want or don't yet know if it suits me.

Your best bet in getting into a trade is having a contact. If you know someone in that business, you could always take some holiday time off your 9-5 and see if they'll give you a week of work experience (don't go asking for money though, make the experience the key point in their minds).
It really is who you know in terms of getting decent jobs.

Gotcha, cheers for the advice.

I'm going for a trucking job. Seems like it'll be cool to see the country.

Joan of Arc-hing her back cus the dick too good

Do code katas (codekata.com/). These will strengthen your ability coding ability beyond "hello world".

Get an internship, and then start at the ground level. Become the guy that your boss can throw things at and it will get done with little oversight. Agile coding is often ambiguous and moves quickly and since poo in the loos can't think for themselves you will stand out for getting work completed.

I was in that mindset before.
You're pretty much just a mover of people.

You may disappoint people whom thought you had more promise.
It's a necessary role in society, but the skills don't transfer well into normal life or other jobs.

I'd reevaluate where you want to go in life.
Lots of the cool kids are homesteading.

If you live near a rural area you could just check construction advertisements in that area or even go to their offices and ask about a job, ask them to try you out for a week and that you're pursuing a new passion.

You most likely won't be paid much at the start, but experience> education.

The construction gigs in my rural area are building like madmen and are looking for all the able bodies they can get.

Honestly I just feel like it's the only job I can get where I help people and get paid decent

Seems fulfilling really.

post your work

Over here they need ecology degrees and shit.

Computers aren't as useful as everyone thinks.

better than NEET

Alright, you…

It's time for you to get off the internet.

So I'm going into Computer Information Systems for my Business degree however I feel as though I can learn programming languages on my own and with the clubs, and because I tinker with game dev.

I would much rather prefer going into Marketing, Administration, or E-trade as I feel I would be just as or more successful in those emphasis's. I am a people person who is extremely creative. The other emphasis's I want seem to be more generous paths for my college career as they are just as saturated but have more demand and flexibility.

Everyone actually recommends I go into polisci instead though. I think I am going to have to go with my dick and pick bus admin.

Teach me? Link me?

EMT here. Pay is usually shit and so are the hours but at least you learn useful skills and get to directly help people. Also if you go paramedic they usually make a very comfortable salary.

Unless you live in a nigged up city. That shit ain't for the faint of heart.

Rip

All I want is a job that makes like 20 dollars an hour, is that so much to ask? Why is this so hard to achieve?

That's like 40k a year, that's not even the national average.

What kind of career paths are left? Farming? Fishing?

use and abuse small generic scripts

a object can have as many components as you want, even more than one of the same. You learn Unity when you learn how to do this

Unity is made for en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity_component_system

REMEMBER THIS FAGGOTS
PROGRAMMERS ARE THE SADDEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT

YOU CAN MAKE ENTIRE WORLD OUT OF NOTHING, BUT IT WILL TAKE FOREVER FOR YOU TO GET A SINGLE TREE GOING ON

YOU WILL DEAL WITH MONTHS AND MONTHS OF ABSTRACT SHIT BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY SEE ANY PROGRESS, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING

BRICKLAYING, YOU SEE THE BRICKS YOU LAID, YOU SEE THE WALL YOU DID, YOU SEE YOUR WORK HAPPENING AS IT DOES

Think twice before going to TI, it's a high stress high reward profession, you either make facebook or slave away doing interfaces.

You need to be a special kind of autist to find joy in the stuff I do, lucky me I am sort of that special kind of autist.

But sometimes I long for the instant gratification of simple jobs like brick laying, not having to think to get stuff done, you can just shut down your brain and 'auto it', like when walking a path you do frequently or driving.

Also, sitting all day in a chair really fucks your health, bricklaying at least you are getting fit

Hey friends

Wanna go in to marketing. Would a trade school degree be able to get me some credibility to sell guide and such to marketing

Im thinking entrepreneur/marketer, that's where the money is and im pretty confident I can do it.

Depending on who and what job it is neets are in fact better.

See niggers that work at walmart.

if you can fix domestic appliances try A&E

Completely degenerate

My copypasta regarding trades/unions.

My experience with unions:
I used to work at a hospital. We were part of SEIU and I can tell you it is one of the biggest fucking rackets I have ever been a part of. A total fucking scam. They take their money from you and represent you for fuck all. I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it was seeing my money deducted from every check to go to some kikes in return for "representation." They didn't represent shit except for $$$. Fuck SEIU.
At the same time I came to the realization that the jobs I had worked in the hospital (housekeeping and then receiving/distribution/central supply) were jobs that any dumb money could do. They weren't skilled labor positions, so really, when it came down to it, it was unfair of me to want more money and more benefits for the job I was doing. So after being tired of making $14.65/hr and having no hope for the now or even the future I decided to changes jobs and find a career.

A friend's uncle is a teacher at the carpenters' training center and in 2014 he asked if we were interested in joining the apprenticeship program and the union. Keep in mind, I really had no construction experience at all, but once I heard that I was going to be hired at $23.16/hr STARTING, WITH NO PRIOR XP, I couldn't refuse. My experience with the carpenters' union has been much more pleasant. They treat us well, take care of us and pay us well, in return for good quality work.
I'm currently a 4th bracket apprentice making $30.69/hr. Keep in mind as a first bracket in August 2014 I was making $23.16/hr starting. In just about 2 years I'm already making $30.69 per hour. Try finding that kind of salary advancement in service workers' unions. I go up roughly 2 dollars in pay every 800 work hours and every 80 school hours. I get sent to school for a full week every 3 months to learn this trade. I get retirement AND pension, awesome health insurance, dental; hell, I went to the dentist last year and had over $2k worth of work done, and I didn't pay a cent. When I become a journeyman I will be making over $40/hr, and our foreman make $44/hr. Not only do I have the option to retire and get paid well but I get to learn a valuable trade AND I get to build my fucking country.

Seriously fellow Holla Forumsacks, if you missed the boat for college and you're tired of making $15/hr and having no future, and you like to bust your ass, then GET INTO A TRADE UNION. It may be the most challenging job you've ever had, but I can say from my experience, that I don't regret getting into this field at all, and in fact I am fucking grateful as hell to be doing what I am doing.

That works out to £100,000 per zeptosecond!

Nice masonic dubs

You mean brick/pol/?

I'm in the military and I'm looking at other career options, because I'm doing nothing that I enjoy. I have the option to get a paramedic degree but they are paid low and I really cannot be bothered dealing with drunk people all the time as a career.
One good thing about the army is the access to courses available when you leave, and a couple have caught my eye.
A course I saw was boat building. I've never heard of anyone doing this as a profession, but it is a pretty long course and seems to cover loads of carpentry type stuff. Anyone have any experience in boat building, or know of people who work in that industry?
Seems like quite a quiet but well paid trade and there's something about it that seems quite noble.

I want to believe

attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/internships/

This website is for paid farming internships. The pay isn't much but if you're looking to leave your parents, learn a lot of skills and make a little bit of money, do it.

You might even find a small town virgin girl who loves to cook and clean and wants to make a lot of White babies.