Cryptocurrency General

What coins are you guys currently investing in? I'm heavily leaning towards pic related.

Vertcoin is minable on GPUs and will probably stay profitable on only GPUs for many years to come (20+).

If you have a modern GPU I would suggest looking into mining Vertcoin.

Anyone have any negatives besides the lack of value growth recently?

Post your favorite coins!

Cryptocurrency is a meme.

Oy vey! The goyim is trying to get away from relying on our banks. How will I control him when he doesn't want my sheckles?!

Butthurt. Let me know when this takes off, reddit has been saying for years bitcoin will replace real life cash.

It certainly has went from something worth $0.00 to something worth ~$1,200+ in a matter of a few years. Same thing with all these alt-coins, they are totally worthless, fiat currency, but I'd give you a few tendies if you had some coins you wanted to get rid of.

It's only a matter of time until P equates to NP.
It means your retarded meme coins will crash in few years not even including the y2k38 bug that will imminently collapse the digital world.

>any negatives besides the lack of value growth
Kek, an investment without the one thing that makes it worthwhile. You aren't investing, you are playing pretend.

An "easy-to-mine" coin is an advertising trick to pull suckers in. If the coin is GPU minable, the guy with the most GPUs still wins and pushes up the diff until you can't play anymore. If the coin is CPU minable, the guy with the biggest botnet wins and pushes up the diff until you can't play anymore. There is no "everybody can participate" nonsense in cryptocurrency by construction and the reason you can still mine Vertcoin despite your lack of resources is that it's fucking worthless and you have no competition.

Not to mention, since it's mostly used to buy weed the association with criminal activity is why normalfags will never use it. Lolbergs and especially reddit lolbergs are extremely delusional.

Even if the value stays constant I am paying off my high-end GPUs. I don't need growth to break even.

What's wrong with the guy with the most GPUs getting the most coins? New GPUs come out every year and make older cards way less efficient. People with tons of GTX 900's need to either upgrade or eat the opportunity cost. Upgrading GPUs means selling last-generation cards for "cheap." Everyone on Holla Forums and /g/ wants cheap second-hand GPUs, I see this as a win-win.

Keep sucking the circumcised cocks of the globalist bankers, though. Maybe master will let you touch yourself tonight.

Well memed

Are you complete retard?

First off, 2 years ago bitcoin was 1=$300 - today its 1=$1230

So... You can say all you want, but someone who invested in it has more than quadrupled their initial investment in only 3 years time.

seems good to me.

In short m8, there is no freedom. It's just like an Internet/cloud copycat where every IP numbers used to be too much but now are owned by few assholes who have the ability to create a mega infrastructure while 'you always gotta pay the rent you fucking serf or btfo: im seizing your domain' plus the internet isn't a free service due retarded ISP firewalling all those incoming DDoS from botnets and infrastructure fuck up.

not him but I get it.
It's pseudo freemarket because you can make your owncoinshits right?
Ancaps and pedos use cryptocoins so does druggy libretards and conservatives who /k/ BUT the hard truth is cryptocoins fall in line with 'things that can be commodified'
First step is government intervention. Wonder why the internet is becoming shittier and pricier?

so where do you trade vertcoin? its not available for trade in BTC-e

also what about Dashcoin? i see its worth 44 dollars a pop, where the fuck did this one come from and how the fuck did it raise so high so soon?

Normalfags smoke a lot of weed if you didn't notice.

DSH is solid and I'm happy that it has made me a good ROI. It's focused on anonymity (moreso than Bitcoin) and it's robustly ASIC-resistant as far as I can tell. The blockchain is good, but their website is a bit outdated/underdeveloped which always puts me off a bit.

Remember to buy low, sell high though. Or hodl.

I usually use shapeshift.io. It's blocked in my locality though and I have to use tor.

Satoshi's whitepaper described Bitcoin as a digital commodity, we've known that since the beginning. It's a lot like gold but it can be sent through the tubes of the internet. Gold is a bit more useful TBH but the idea is the same.

Good luck to any government that tries to stop it. They've been trying to stop you crazy fucks from posting cheese pizza on imageboards for how long? Things like tor and i2p are impossible to compromise, basically the same with currencies. The general public will always out-compete any one group of people. Especially when the means of production are the GPUs we use for vidya gaymen.

Ah yes, barely breaking even, that's how you recognize a master investor. Look man, if you want to buy a last-gen GPU, just buy a last-gen GPU without the ridiculously convoluted scheme where you buy a cur-gen card first to lower the prices of the second. You still pay for the cur-gen card and now you have two GPUs. Unless you want to stylize yourself as some kind of altruist hero of Holla Forums for lowering prices, but then nobody can help you anymore.

Every time. See you next episode, where the coin is different but everything else stays the same.

I now have a GTX 1080 that is projected (ya I know, it won't do that well once the 1080ti is out, but it's already discounted itself quite a bit) to pay itself off in a year of ownership. I was able to sell my old card to a friend who was in desperate need of an upgrade.

I, as do most people who visit Laotian goat-fucking forums, play a good bit of video games over the course of a year. If you don't realize the value in having your hardware pay for itself then go back to facebook where you belong.

If there's any government it's the fucking EU and US with their global dicks.

cannot target bitcoin which is the sole reason they maimed the internet itself.
"If you can't stab the guy poison his food" something like that.
TPP? It's been called different names under Obama administration. Trade policy or some shit but their aim was to create an internet veil so they can shut down internet ports and 'regulate' everything even worse monitor and log end-to-end (meaning both ISP that your proxies jumped are centralized). They even had plans to mitigate the spawning of entrepreneur ISP startups or even independent meshnets which are the only fallback for both anonymous networks and currencies because internet is right now a fucking jewish establishment.
I don't know about ((Trump)), though. Did he shutdown "TPP and other shit" yet?

It is unfortunate, but the quicker we get away from big banking interests the quicker we can take control of other means of production (i.e. communications infrastructure). Bitcoin's founder famously quoted Mayer Amschel Rothschild (head jew): "Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!"

All of their power flows from their control of our monetary supply. If we cut it off at the neck, the beast will wither.

The US has withdrawn from TPP negotiations, hugely big deal that the left was all for (leaving) up until Trump came out against it too. Typical bullshit where no one has any real values and the sheep just vote whatever gets them friends at book club.

4u

It's the spiciest of memes.

Bitcoin dev team was taken over by normies who want to use the power of blockchain mining but don't want anything to replace their government controlled dollar. They took a crytopgraphic p2p trustless cash system and made the devs turn it into a cyrptographic settlement system. They changed how much mining/power is used for each transaction. I bet now if you wanted to "buy" a $2 coffee it would cost $3 in transaction fees and fake two weeks to go through. The only way to use it as a money system now would be to build FUCKING BANKS around it to act as gatekeepers. Bitcoin WAS a perfect money system to replace all money but it was corrupted by bankers.

Monero looks pretty cool. It's also actually anonymous because it integrates I2P. Litecoin is apparently still a thing but I don't know anything about it. I've never heard of Vertcoin.

Are you fucking retarded?
No, it wasn't, and transaction fees have to do with the size of the network and what miners feel the rewards should be.
If no one wants to process your transaction, they don't have to. Welcome to distributed systems, aka systems that fail due to a computer you didn't even know existed.

Just goes to show how beta lolbergs are.

Yes, bitcoin is a bit shitty right now as it's evident governments around the world realize that it's serious. Serious means that now the damn IMF wants to seize control of it and that seems to be a tough battle.

I wish that my particular kind of autism didn't make it so hard to go to school. I feel like there's so much behind blockchains that I really need to learn about it with some structure in order to make informed decisions. Even just a CS degree would actually give me the tools to communicate and read white papers.

Monero is a great technology. I want to start mining it soon, but I've been doing so much recently I'm a bit burnt out.

Litecoin is actually a pretty promising solution, it is the 2nd in command IMO and offers a fallback if Bitcoin devs decide to reanimate Stalin or something.

Vertcoin is kinda on the same level as Monero, but it isn't accepted on any major marketplaces, which really hurts it. Vertcoin has the "advantage" of a public ledger vs Monero. I personally like that idea. The Vertcoin devs seem like they just want to make it as shiny as possible, sticking to Bitcoin's initial values as much as possible.

Feel free to donate me Litecoin :^)

LNsZp29MVqmjj894AFK55rMGjPgqGGDxK8

This is now a begging thread.

Upon further inspection DASH is very artificially inflated. dash-wallet.com is a scam but it has been very successful at scamming for a very long time.

The owner of this scam is now manipulating the market heavily. I predict that unless this site is stopped somehow, DASH will be useless very soon. Get of out DASH now.

dash-wallet is a scam, but you are retarded

The site will tell you that you have to have 1 DASH in order to send funds. People will see teir .5 DASH that made them ~$30. They will reason that buying ~$35 in Dash to cash out on their DASH seems like a solid plan. They will buy DASH and deposit it to their "wallet" then they will go to sell but, oh look at at that, it's impossible.

I believe most small-time investors will use an online wallet (obviously if you're going to only put in $10 you aren't necessarily wanting to maintain a node. The scam site is SEO'd to return when you search for an online wallet to store your DASH.

This is what's happening right now. This is why the price is so high. There is one guy scamming people not only out of their DASH, but also their USD/BTC/ETH in an effort to sell their DASH.

Same thing has happened again and again and it causes these market fluctuations. Name one advantage DASH has over Zcash that makes it worth more to the average investor. The price is inflated and overall Zcash is a better option because the community isn't allowing a huge scam to take place.

This is how I know how you don't know maths.

Dash coin is everything BTC was supposed to be: secure, anonymous, very fast transactions. I bought $1k worth @ $10/coin and sold @ $15/coin. Now it's pushing $75/coin.

What is this meme. Sounds lulzy.

bitcoin is the only crypto-meme-fiat currency large enough not to suffer from 51% attacks

But it's suffering from a MtGox bubble.

BTC's current value is not a bubble unless Coinbase is about to go under (it's not). BTC's value was built on ETF hype which the SEC shut down.

Right now the altcoins you want to be in are the ancient ones with no mishaps (no premine, no vulnerabilities even if they've been fixed.

To me this means Litecoin. Probably Ethereum, as DAO wasn't an exploit of ETH's blockchain, but all blockchains; Ethereum still feels kinda risky, it's certainly up a lot... Vertcoin, as mentioned in OP falls into this category but it's such a small network. Might be a better bet to mine and hold.

Which network would you want to attack? Many networks are too difficult to 51% because they are not worth the investment. Why ruin LTC's network when it would take $250,000,000 to take control of $191,988,714 worth of LTC.

The networks are self-policing. Plus by attacking a network, you will drop the price. A successful attack makes everyone abandon ship, they won't stop using coins, they'll just go to a different network that has a smaller attack surface.

Some "dude I fucking love science lmao" YouTube channel demonstrated that the sum of ALL positive integers (+ 0..infinity) is -1/12, based on their genius deduction that Grandi's series (1 - 1 + 1 - 1...) summed a total of 1/2 (or was worth 1/2 when n = infinity, I can't recall), when this is factually wrong since the series can only sum 0 or 1 depending on whether n is odd or even and nowhere does 1/2 appear. They then extrapolated those results to prove the sum of all positive integers is -1/12 because dude science lmao, and Reddit memesters who visit /r/science started to regurgitate that quirky nerdy sciency fact everywhere they went because the guy who divulgated it claims it was used in string theory and string theory is like, totes super Einstein stuff and therefore nust be right.

Apparently, the sum of all positive integers can indeed equal -1/12... for certain values of "sum" and "equal", but nowhere did the fuckers say they weren't using sane maths. Thus, borderline normalfag TBBT fans went around spreading misinfo about how maths were so quirky and lelsorandumb xD because string theory was namedropped and therefore it must be true.

tl;dr never trust non-scientist scientific divulgators

have no time pointing out the fallacies but okay.
reddit intervention halfway doesn't mean -1/12 is to be discarded just because reddit community is 'trash'

youtube channels or the whole internet joined the meme bandwagon must not degrade it into a meme (if you know what it actually means).

that aside -1/12 is probably one of the newest candidate for the 'constants club' like ΙΈ which is very useful to my faction.

in deeper parts of the web (including some parts of clearnet) Einstein's Relativity is heavily disproved but this will never reach the mainstream 'meme' level popularity (((because))) you know...

wonder why cicada group is recruiting the 1% mathfags and number enthusiasts? they wanted to destroy the banks viz by creating a money system free of (((them))).

bitcoin was beta coin.

Don't touch the poop.

Lol. Okay, popsci memester.

so what (and how many) gpus do i need

Why did I even bother trying?