Go to install a custom recovery on any Samsung Phone

There, thats fucking it, thats all you need. A short, sweet, and to the point message making the user aware he is taking a risk by wanting to modify his device. How come Samsung is the ONLY company that seems to get this? Most of the time the recovery partition is encrypted making it damn near impossible for devs to make custom recoveries to begin with.

Yeah, well Samsung is also the cuckold company that locked down their bootloader because AT&T handed them $20 under the table so goyim like me are stuck with their fucking bloatware and touchwiz.

I never owned a smart phone

Is it not possible to install one of those 'custom roms' some of you masturabte over?

isnt the bootloader locked on all cheaper phones or did they change that?

Depends on the Manufacture. Samsung is God-tier when it comes to installing custom ROMs. LG is shit-tier. With a lot of the smaller guys like Kyocera its pretty much hit-or-miss. With Chinese phones its almost guaranteed it uses U-boot and thus is very easy to install pretty much any ARM based Linux distro. Especially is its an Allwinner processor

It depends on what kind of bootloader it has and the community support for it. Since the drivers for most ARM chipsets are proprietary blobs still it requires porting. If the bootloader is OEM locked you're fucked if there's no way to unlock it.
That said, Google themselves provides the tools necessary to root/install custom OS' but the OEM can still chose to lock out Googles official tools. I'd say about 60 percent of Android devices are able to have unlocked bootloaders/have their bootloaders already unlocked, and about 40 percent of that 60 percent actually have some form of custom ROM/recovery available, which still leaves millions of devices.

You were asking for it by using AT&T

check em

Where do I go to check whether my phone can have custom rom installed or not

I think it's time I bought a smartphone

what's better?

Just search online for root solutions before you decide to buy a device

Nice!

Well played sir

Try flashing a samsung phone on any unix platform.
Pro-tip: you cant

Samsungs are for Pajeets kys

Nexus masterrace

This. I'm still using a Nexus 5 with a modded LG G2 battery. It's pretty great.

To put it in perspective, imagine if desktop computers had a message that said that "A custom OS may cause critical problems in your computer." That shit wouldn't fly anywhere. It shouldn't for phones/tablets either.

It's because of shit warning screens like these that treat people like retards instead of educating them that we have people who prefer plain http over https when presented with a self-signed cert, and people who disable cert validation for WPA-enterprise.

It would if it was a PC made by microsoft for windows you retarded faggot

It absolutely wouldn't fly, because unlike retarded normiephones, PCs actually let you back up your partition, boot from other media, and/or reinstall your OS instead of having a locked-down OS that lets you change fuckall unless you jump through vendor-imposed hoops, and shits itself if anything is modified, with no failsafe means to recover.

I just hope retarded vendors don't fuck up UEFI further and let malicious software render your computer unbootable, like Samshit and their buggy laptop firmware that bricked if EFI storage space filled up.

Literally anyone. All GSM networks are the same.

Did they get sued? That seems really negligent and like something that they should have caught.

Not the guy that you replied to but I would much prefer that I got a stupid warning screen rather than having to deal with the stupid UEFI shit that we have today which allows OEMs to lock you out of your own machine.

I was pissed as fuck and ended up just throwing the laptop in the trash because Windows is fucking useless. Laptops are becoming phones. Just wait and see. In a few years we'll have to flash a hacked BIOS with a Raspberry Pi if we want install Ubuntu.

I thought Rufus can make usbs that boot from uefi too.

Holy shit, and i thought my acer 592g was bad because they removed the advanced tab and some of the bios feature to fend of armchair engineers... but removing legacy mode to force the user to stay on winblows is something else kek.

btw have you tried flashing your bios to a competent one, assuming it is even available.

cuck

Samsung locks their basebands (modem firmware)
which fucks you over 9000%
Carriers alter the basebands to redirect your traffic to
poisoned dns's, limit hardware capability, and more
The former CEO's of Samsung are going to prison
check the news in South Korea

UEFI is Steve Jobs tier cancer
to bypass you will need to
-clear the keys
-enable legacy usb
-disable pxe
-disable secure boot
-disable des/dep