Cyberpunk

I'm new to this whole cyberpunk/futurism thing but am really fascinated by it. I'm watching Serial Experiments Lain and it's pretty cool, this is my first Anime

Anyway I'm looking for more cyberpunk/futuristic anime, movies, shows anything really

Other urls found in this thread:

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/03/08/your-smartphone-fingerprint-reader-could-be-hacked-using-paper-and-ink/
theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/23/samsung-galaxy-s8-iris-scanner-german-hackers-biometric-security
gizmodo.com/you-can-now-3d-print-your-own-tsa-master-keys-1730134042
futurecityrecords.bandcamp.com/album/tears-in-rain-a-tribute-to-blade-runner
mega.nz/#F!jY4DkIjL!2ZWx1ighLi2l6sXEpozaEw
youtu.be/QVZfJDgAoV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should watch Akira if you haven't already, preddy gud movie.

Also any cool tech gadgets out there that you guys know about?

Shit I saw it mentioned in another Future thread and was actually debating on whether or not I should watch, guess i am now lol thanks

Is that screencap from serial experiments lain?

No I got it from a cyberpunk thread I saw a whole ago

blame!

I reverse image searched and its from koukaku no pandora, but that scene is only from a couple short flashbacks so that sucks.

Fuck me dead, Anons. Ghost in the shell is my favorite film in this genre. The original first animated film that is, since everything else that shares the same title is inferior in comparison, including the source material. Other excellent classics include: blade runner, bubblegum crisis, cyber city oedo, neruomancer, do androids dream of electric sheep, deus ex, transmetropolitan, and heaps more. Also, not cyberpunk but Brazil is another excellent film with similar themes.

Stunning ignorance, OP. I hope you take my suggestions to heart has they are the best samples that the genre has to offer.

Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, also the Empire of Corpses movie is somewhat cyperpunk but certain parts

Eh, not ergo proxy.

Don't forget SEL (probably the most /cyber/), .hack etc.

Anyone got some neat cyberpunk related back rounds or images in general?

By Cyberpunk I mean basically anything involving futurisitic cities and stuff like that, I'm new to that term lol.

I'll do a dump later.

Am I pedo if I want her to give me a handjob with that biotic hand?

robosexual.

Thank goodness, that's legal in my country.

I'd definitely appreciate that thanks user

lainchan.org you'll never be the same.

my nigga

You should read Neuromancer by William Gibson. I hope you're not one of those millennial "can't read a whole book to save my life" faggots.

Neuromancer, for sure. I'd like to add:

Bruce Sterling- A Good Old fashioned Future, Schismatrix
Neal Stephenson- Snow Crash
Peter Watts- Starfish, Maelstrom
Chuck Palahniuk- Rant

9 Gag is your future. Embrace it.

You must watch psycho pass

lainchn.jp

Is that the latest site for Pam Pom Baguette Rin?

Phillip K Dick has written some good stories about the future

You'd also want to read
It's not cyberpunk, but it's kinda futurism. (And it's good to know the kind of vibe people are trying to convey when they describe something as Orwellian )

Also, watch

Some anons have mentioned the anime films

I'd like to add

Also if you're too young to have already seen the Matrix, then you might enjoy

If time travel style stuff doesn't kill your suspension of disbelief then perhaps

Cool gadgets

look into how people have exploited vulnerabilities in
>fingerprint access nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/03/08/your-smartphone-fingerprint-reader-could-be-hacked-using-paper-and-ink/
>iris scanners theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/23/samsung-galaxy-s8-iris-scanner-german-hackers-biometric-security
>TSA locks gizmodo.com/you-can-now-3d-print-your-own-tsa-master-keys-1730134042

Some "Cyberpunk" anime:

Ghost in the sell (One of the best)
Akira (Also one of the best)
Serial Experiments Lain (Let''s all love Lain!)
Blame! (Very artsy, not for everyone)
Mardock Scramble (Beautiful and adult)
Cowboy Bebob (see you space cowboy)
Ergo Proxy (Somwhat grimdark, but love it nontheless)
Psycho-Pass (Who could have predicted such tragedy!)
Texhnolyze (Tech slowly taking over)
Wolf`s Rain (You think you're a big man? you will cry)

Also, look into what DARPA is researching/funding

Elon Musk

One of the most Cyberpunk things must be the integration of cyberware and bio.

Irl haxor wouldn't jerk off to aesthetics, would try to make money. Wake up and smell the coffee, we already are living in information age.

Full of leftists, unable to stomach differing opinions.

Actually its quite deserted.

it's nothing more than a gate to what i want him find. if he can't stomach it long enough to find what i intended him to find, then he was not chosen.

I looked up most of the names on that list and everything looks pretty fucking cool thanks for this shit user

One question though, is Transmetropolitan a movie/show? All I can find is a comic book. Which is something I forgot to mention btw, anyone know some cool cyberpunk comics? Recently started buying comics and I enjoy it so far

I was browsing twitter earlier and saw this on my time line, I don't know who it is but it's pretty cool

That's the thing with cyberpunk related things isn't it? Look at the images in this thread, they all look pretty post apocalyptic. Ofcourse that might attract some anarchist or left leaning folks. I wouldn't say Lainchan is unable to stomach differing opinions, though. As long as you write a high quality post and follow the rules you won't have any issues.

Either way, definitely check out Lainchan. For me it really came at the right time when I started getting annoyed by all the low quality posts and shills on halfchan /g/. (Also watched SEL at the time, good stuff)

Musics
futurecityrecords.bandcamp.com/album/tears-in-rain-a-tribute-to-blade-runner
mega.nz/#F!jY4DkIjL!2ZWx1ighLi2l6sXEpozaEw

I never really think of music whenever I'm on these cyberpunk binges, but this song gives me a futuristic feel for some reason. I feel like it's something I'd be listening to as I'd walk through a gritty high tech slum

Any more?

I just ordered a Tokyo Ghost vol#1 comic off ebay, was it a good choice? I'm nnot really into comics but the obsession with futurism/cyberpunk themes brought me to them

Aeon Flux

youtu.be/QVZfJDgAoV0

I'm calling it now Elon Musk is one of the bad guys in our real life cyberpunk setting.

That's actually a huge theory lol, I've heard people mention it before and it would sort of make sense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyone here have a fuckhuge mega folder with wallpapers and such? I know /mu/ has albums and shit.
Thanks

I made an attempt to watch the anime this came from and holy shit its just fan service to a laughable degree this isn't what I expected.

Could always go to /cyber/ they have wallpaper threads.

Lol really? What's it called? Well I'm glad I didn't go through the trouble of finding it lol I got the photo from a future thread last week and was going to look up more on the Anime in the pic

Google gave me nothing.

math thread
What topics are you working on?

Cyber City Oedo 808

movies?

In the second picture, everything look tidy and order. The niggers would never achieve this.

Sword Art Online

Count Zero is also pretty good.
Virtual Light is my favorite Gibson book, although it feels a little quaint now in a "what if 90s TV just kept getting bigger instead of the Internet?" alternate reality way, but that makes it more interesting.
Idoru is embarrassingly bad.
The Peripheral was just too fucking depressing.