Desktop thread?

Desktop thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/George-Orwell-1984-Audio-book
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please for the love of god fix your font/rendering

ama fuckin' love i3

Yeah sure
I'm sure this won't get people calling me a faggot or anything.

It's not that you're not smart enough to make your OS safe. It's that you're stupid enough to think you can.

This is the problem with non-free software. You can't just trust it to do what you tell it to. It's going to reign control over you even if if gives you a "choice".

There's no such thing as a 'truly safe" os,user.

but with such gay desktop you're a faggot

gtfo plebian

Gonna tell me why it's gay or just gonna be a nigger.

Windows is objectively worse than Linux in every single way.
It forces upgrades on you, its less reliable, at a higher risk to get infected, its harder to use and its less customisable. Microsoft is a terrible company with bad customer support anti consumer policies.
In the 20s everybody will switch to Linux and in the 30s every company will just make its own OS so they arent dependent on Microsoft anymore.
I cant wait until Windows is wiped out, it will be the greatest thing since the holocaust.

I mean, of course I did. Who would pirate shit?

I definitely agree,it's just that relatively nobody develops for linux compared to windows,so,if you want actual programs and games,you know what to do.

enjoy your security holes

Of course not. Even if there was you are still susceptible to hardware attacks.

Still, would you rather use an OS which claims to be able to make it at least a little secure, or would you rather use on that openly uploads encrypted screenshots of whatever you're doing directly to Microsoft.

t. NEET

Not true, Linux distributions have more, better and easily accessible programs that are just as good as the "professional" crap for Windoof. The stuff is created by autists, uni students, independent groups and soon companies. You have more stuff and its all better than what microcock can come up with.

For example, find me something like ff multi for windows. And gimp is better than photoshop just saying.

It looks fine on a monitor, but looks fucked up when I take a screenshot. It's probably just X being autistic but I've tried a bunch of times to fix it and I can't nail down the problem. Do you have any thoughts on what could be causing it?

alright i see you're just being a nigger then

Your screenshot is 2048x1360 and your desktop resolution is apparently 1280x1024, maybe that's it.

I mainly meant in the realm of gaming.

XRandr recognizes the correct resolution though. Do you think the kernel is having trouble querying the EDID info from the monitor? Maybe I should look at screenfetch's source and find where it gets its resolution measurement from.

I don't know. That market won't erode overnight, and that's where the money and power is.

I think we'll see a definite increase of open computing with increased prevalence of miniature computing and the IoT. They'll bring a broad variety of distributions and innovation that should steer us towards a new frontier of computing in terms of how involved computing is in our lives.

That's on top of desktop users. But games. Yeah that's still an issue, but linux has been 'acknowledged' by distributor steam and other developers, so hopefully we'll continue to see more innovation there.

well fuck i'm pretty baked, i hope that made sense.

what the fuck?

else xResolution=$(xdpyinfo | sed -n 's/.*dim.* \([0-9]*x[0-9]*\) .*/\1/pg' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/ /g') fi

>>7209658
muh
games

but I'm not a child like you

my PrtSc doesn't work.

Überpleb/10

shitty bait

oh, geez. I realy don't know what to say about it :/

You're pretty good.

heeh. All right… Thank u

Justice league desktop? Have you seen it?

You think I tried to use my love of minecraft as bait? Dude you need to see a doctor. Paranoia is a fucking disease.

I really don't need more…

good point. some people get excited with high ram not knowing they don't need it.

Depends on what you do.

I mean… I use my laptop to watch movies, read books, browse internet, do some Perl and R programing, write some G codes adn play Team Fortress 2, PAYDAY 2, Civ V and WoW 1.12.1, so 4 GB is pretty much enough.

you play payday 2 on 4 gigs? damn man,impressive.

Yeah… Runs pretty smooth. I can even crank up level of detail to highest.

Not yet, but I plan to when it comes out.

See? It looks decent imo.

Is this Linux Master race thread now?

Autism is also a disease.

Many GNU/Linux users here. Glad to see Holla Forums isn't as technologically inept as 4chan.

Maybe not as much but in screencaps people post you still see shitloads of win10 and chrome combinations. Somtimes even both at the same time.

prophetic

Those Linux-based stations (in this desktop thread, but also in the others I've seen) are tacky as hell.

Kind of figures considering they all appear to use that 'screenfetch' program. More than half of its output seems to be for irrelevant showing off of arbitrary numbers. Why don't you choose to show a couple of scripts you wrote for your personal maintenance instead, or some file organization solution?

I'm the one who made
Except for the font rendering issues, which were discussed earlier in the thread, tell me how it looks "tacky" so I can improve it.

performance > looks mfw I have looks and bad performance

t. windows user

Even disregarding your apparent participation in the many size contests of 'higher version', 'larger memory', 'longer uptime', 'faster processor' and 'spacier screen', the distribution someone is using is not a very interesting piece of information.

Show me some smart solution for automatic window manipulation (resizing, decorating…) based on a detected condition, or, as I said, some obscure filesystems you might be using, or some amusing chain of transformations that present the tabular data of some program in a different light… I don't know. As it is, those threads are limited to 'oh, that's pretty' and 'oh, that's a lot'.

You got me. I do confess to using a window manager at the moment.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Please clarify.

Meant as a generic placeholder for text displayed on a terminal. Similarity across machines allows quickly and efficient demonstration of unique aspects of a system without the compounding effects that nonstandard programs would introduce.

Window manager doesn't know what the user is trying to do. Such a system would get in the way more than it would help.

No advantage in using obscure filesystems.

Highly program-specific and likely not useful outside of outstanding applications.

Nothing wrong with an OS being pretty

Thanks for the reply.

seL4 + virtualized userland

Verifiably bug free kernels FTW.

stfu. you don't even know what terminus is. go back to your fruity ass little mac

yourejokingright.tar.gz

If you want to support them, you even have that option too. Are you retarded?

Why would I play games on Linux when I can easily do it on another computer with an easy copy of Windows?

You're under the assumption people can only have 1 computer.

I never mentioned Linux you faggot double nigger. The same shit works in Windows too even.

WINDOWS IS SPYWARE BOTNET, FAGGOTS. SO IS GOOGLE CHROME.

My favorite thing to do is post my dick on twitter. Posting my dick on twitter is the most amount of fun you can possibly have with a website.

You think you're smart because you can use a makefile? You think that you're special because you use useless software that nobody's ever heard about? You think you can talk down to me because you followed a wiki, you retarded little shit? Well think again, fucker, because I've been using UNIX (actually using, not aimlessly fucking around with it like a goddamned autist) since you were swimming around in your daddy's fucking balls. Let me tell you something about "terminus" and other nigger-oriented GPL-licensed software, you little shit. It's a useless steaming pile of spaghetti-code nigger crap that's lapped up by autistics and asocials who don't fucking know any better. You and all other retarded hipster hobbyists want to feel smart and relevant, but know your technological illiteracy is painfully obvious to anybody who actually knows what the fuck they're doing. And about GUIs, If something works, you don't fucking change it, especially when you've got more important things to worry about than what anonymous niggers think of your "setup." The only time I ever changed the UI package that a system shipped with was in situations where it didn't work. Anything elese is frivolous and a waste of time. You "ricer" faggots have no idea what the fuck you're doing. You don't use Linux because you have to, but rather because you thought that using a non-retard-proof OS made you smart and "trendy", you fucking retarded hipster.

I don't think this mindset is exclusive to you. Rather, I think you're an excellent example of the average desktop Linux user. You're hobbyists, and like all other hobbyists, you're either doing what you are because you just aren't good enough to do it professionally, or what you're doing doesn't have any commercial applications. (i.e., is useless) You know that no professional (useful) programmer uses Linux unless the absolutely have to, right? You probably don't though, because your only contact with other Linux "users" is through echochamber hugbox forums for the technologically-inept who want to pretend that they're smart and knowledgeable and useful when it comes to computers, except they don't have a clue how to do anything without following a fucking "wiki." Why the fuck do you even need instructions in order to install a program in the first place? If you need help when it comes to this, you're probably not cut out for this field. Since when has it been considered "hard" to edit a program's source? That's basic shit that I was doing when I was 10, you fucking worthless retard. Since when has searching a retard-pajeet """""""""support""""""" site like StackOverflow been considered "troubleshooting"? You should be able to solve a problem on your own, you fucking dimwit. Since when have actual Linux users fucked around with the UI all day instead of doing something useful? Never. You're thinking of the nigger hobbyist amateurs who got their shit-smeared hands on incredibly complicated professional operating systems. They only reason they or you or any other fucking low-IQ moron uses them is because it gives you the temporary illusion that you're intelligent. You inept retards are the niggers of the UNIX world.

Call me back when you've actually learned a few programming languages instead of tweaking your config files all day. Also, claiming that you "taught yourself" a programming language doesn't count. You wouldn't claim that you "taught yourself" architecture or engineering, would you? Of course not, because you would be laughed out of whatever fucking room you were in, and then laughed out of the building to boot. You need a certification/credential proving your competency in it or I (or anyone else in the professional world for that matter) won't take you seriously.

Linux was a mistake.

I wouldn't say decent,but it's certainly better then it could be.

Also i see you're on the grind to get to infamy,good fucking luck,that offshore account money is a bitch to get.

Am I doing this right?
Long-time lurker, first time poster.
Is this the right way to do it?

I don't know what kind of wood that is on the far right,but it's very pleasing to the eye.

rate my hacking workstation

stfu faggot you're gay and can't even understand how that snippet of code works

GO BACK

to where?

Literally anywhere else.

Fine

4/10

Hey microsoft

awesome

md5artijn?

Oh wait.

samefagging for maximum bait

entertainment is for people who cannot find a purpose of their own in life; it's like slavery, but it's "fun"

what you on about

Then why are you posting here? Surely it's because you are entertained by it, right?

Because I'm better than you. I no longer seek such base desires as entertainment.

бамп

i bet you could use this:

You installed 32bit Gentoo, just to rice it?

Well well, what do we have here, an introverted genius huh?
Aren't you just a bucket of cancer.

Yes
Yes

Move along now.

Oh if you insist.

Stay mad

why would i be mad, you simply cringe me out.

Because you're still posting.
Because your posts are aggressive.
Because only now that I told you to 'stay mad' are you realising that you are part of the joke here.

i'm posting since i have nothing better to do and you react to it. You make me less bored out of my mind right now.
and the first post was basically meant to be agressive, i don't know why you would think the rest was too

Do you mean question marks? What the hell is an interrogation mark?
also, 1/10 because microdick cuckblows

(checked)
Please stop lying to save face, it's just embarrassing now.

A question mark.

Don't mind me, i'm a dutchfag, never had it reffered to as an "interrogation mark" before

nice chernobyl bg

There is no damage to control not on my part anyway

I learned it from school, but have no other source to get an image from.

Pay your local library a visit instead.

they track everything you even type into their search bar though.

delusional and paranoid

If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be concerned about this

If you have nothing to say you shouldn't care what happens to freedom of speech.

Parroting unintelligent template responses now, are we. Please, at least try to be somewhat original. Such unintelligent discourse bores me.

"freedom of speech" is a concept from 200 years ago and is obsolete today. If people are held accountable for incorrect opinions, then retards will get the punishment they have always deserved.

It's a good thing we have freedom of speech or you would be dead for being very wrong.

I agree, it has already drgraded, but does that mean we should completely stop fighting for such a concept?

can you see above the clouds from your high horse?
come on, there's boatloads of evidence on it, you don't have to be the paranoid pedo to see this.

Everyone has something to hide, they just don't realise until it's too late.
The only delusional person here is you.

I fell for the double monitor meme.

archive.org/details/George-Orwell-1984-Audio-book

nice/10

Your sick desires aren't felt by normal people you disgusting pedo. Stop projecting. Turn yourself in before you scar another innocent child for life.

Why do you have two GPUs?

Ad-hominems now user?

Bluepilled.

That might be the best comeback for being accused of having a small penis.

Password cracking

The problem isn't that everyone has something to hide. The problem is the curse of dimensionality: when you have enough information about someone, spurious correlations come out of the woodwork. And from "nothing to hide", one can invent plausible relationships from circumstantial evidence. It doesn't matter if the claims hold up in court: they are now "real" to society and will have corresponding consequences.

Except for the fact that police officers are actually good people

Person 1: I care about my privacy!
Person 2: Well you're just a pedo goyim, you don't want to be known as a pedo do you?

You're ignoring the fact that 99% of Tor users are confirmed pedos. You're not helping you're case here.

i was making the point that you aren't immediately a pedophile for supporting privacy.
Obviously that escaped your mind.
I don't care and i also wasn't talking about TOR, i was talking about Jewgle watching everything you do and selling the info to the highest bidder.

DATAMINING THREAD

fek, forgot to add this in between the last two sentences:

Why else would you want it? Getting rid of privacy is the only way to protect children.

That's retarded

Who is the man in that picture. Not that I'm not a nerd like you, so I'm not familiar with your childish "internet memes"

Confirmed for not being a real hacker

yes

Real hackers earn at least a 4 figure salary, not wannabe script kiddies that think ransomware is the future. You're probably a leech, so fuck off.

Oddly specific insults coupled with general retardation? I think I've just stumbled across some projection. You're probably a leech, so fuck off.

I have tax paying job, I earn my money fair-and-square, you're just a wannabe smart-guy on the internet. Basically, I'm calling you a geek, which is a nerd that is too stupid to fully grasp what their obsession is.

lol

That's one of the oldest memes in existence, you normie.

No, you faggot. I wash dishes and it's a honest living leagues above "hacking". Not many people could stand my job, because it's labor-intensive, something your noodle arms can't handle.

wtf is a normie

gl when you're replaced by a machine (that I helped create)

That's how I know you're a kid, "Dishwasher" is an old term, it's replace with Dishwashing machine operator. Did you really think I was scrubbing all of those dishes, by myself?

jeez i wonder how long we kan keep the bait contest up
T-thats what you are if you don't sweat bullets if you see a human of the opposite sex!

Oh fuck I'm really intimidated by the DISHWASHING MACHINE OPERATOR HYPER PROFESSIONALXx

lol loser

I fuck several women (including your mom) on a weekly basis

It's a temp job anyway, calling me names won't fix the fact that you're a leech and can't even handle living on your own.

Get the fuck back on topic you niggers. Here's my desktop.

Is it wrong to say that i enjoyed this exchange?

More baseless projection, and also completely incorrect. I write software for a company that would make you shit your pants if you ever walked in the door. But by all means, please continue embarrassing yourself. Its not like I care.

Ironic that subhumans such as yourself are the real leeches. You'll never contribute anything to society, only burden it. One who washes dishes for a living is most likely unintelligent.

loads'ef'Icons/10
Holy fuck man

You'll enjoy it when I rape your boipussy

MMMMMM DADDYYYY GIMME

PICK UP THE SOAP

Literally what.

DUDE, gib wallpaper and theme
is this manjaro OS ?

Am I the only one still running windows 8?

It makes me sad to see the number of people using post-7 Windows in this thread. That sort of cancer used to the be minority around here.

I'm the fucking CEO of a company that would make you shit your pants if you ever walked through the door. But by all means, please continue embarrassing yourself. Its not like I care.

I'm the fucking president of a country that would make you shit your pants if you ever walked through the door. But by all means, please continue embarrassing yourself. It's not like I care.

I'm the fucking God of this universe and I know you've all shit your pants at some point since walking through the door. But by all means, please continue embarrassing yourself. It's not like I care.

I'm the fucking Macrocosmic Entity supervising the collective multiverse and I am the ultimate director over every time you've ever shit your pants. But by all means, please continue embarrassing yourself. It's not like I care.

DERP!

Not an argument.

Just installed linux mint :P

pic related

Do you even workspace bruh