AMD is really stepping up the meme game this year

AMD is really stepping up the meme game this year

Other urls found in this thread:

nextplatform.com/2017/03/06/japan-unveil-pascal-gpu-based-ai-supercomputer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Memes are currently one of best advertising mediums because many people learned how to ignore traditional ads.

I dont get it

None of that is untrue. Naples is going to stomp on anything Intel trys to offer at a similar price. Of course, AMD isn't going to take more than a sliver of the target market because of intel's own meme machine.

This.
In 20 years from now business execs will still ask how much Xeon the server has.

If AMD can milk the Zen name maybe future execs will ask how much zen the new server has.

Except in the workstation/HPC/server market MOAR COARS is actually a reasonably good thing all around.

You aren't the target market. Go back to cawwadoody.

amd == more cores

The "self-aware irreverent edgy in-your face scrappy underdog" technique works. It got SEGA from 0% to 50% marketshare against Nintendo at their peak.

Except ryzen still uses more power than intel for slightly less total performance and half the single thread performance. so much for moar coars.

source

at 1/3 the cost*

Uses less actually.
You mean the same amount.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about?

For enterprise servers, more cores is everything. With most dual cpu servers and vm hosting, core count is everything.

More cores, more vms per cpu per dollar.

It's not all about top ghz, but more how many vms can actively run.

Quit being retards. Plus, AMD may not keep up with top end speed as an Intel, but it will be close and it will close much less.

I'm more excited to see AMD enter the enterprise.

Sorry, used to be memes were meant to be funny

Get out

Except it's not. You can't just buy a 32 core server and proceed to run 32 single core VMs. The cache and IO will absolutely shit itself.
The MOAR CORES meme is nice and all but it's far from being "everything".

Did a bullet lodge itself in the language center of your brain?

Isn't that exactly why this has NUMA-on-a-chip and terabytes of PCIe bandwidth?

i like Holla Forums glad you know about the reddit spacing menace.

nextplatform.com/2017/03/06/japan-unveil-pascal-gpu-based-ai-supercomputer/

Coding for GPUs is a pain and not all algorithms are well-suited for it.

i fixed your gay meme, Pentium G poorfag.

I can't say much since we really have no real-world performance metrics to compare yet. But it seems like AMD is just going back to their old ways and are using more cores to compensate for slower single core performance in hopes the industry will adopt multicore applications for consumers. We wont know wither or not it works better this time though until we start seeing more real-world comparisons.

Massive parallel computing markets are more niche than application processing. More than just gamers require solid single core performance

Reddit spacing is a newfag meme. It's just bad formatting to begin with.

Assuming IPC was equal the Xeons still trash the Napels. AMD has a 32 core Naples chip running at 1.4Ghz (44 total Ghz), and Intel has a 24 core running at 2.4Ghz (57 Ghz). This ignores that the Xeons scale to 8 sockets out of the box and Napels is limited to 2.

No, most virtualization servers are memory constrained. Not CPU constrainted.

Assuming IPC was equal as user said it is how it works.

t. ledditard

Aren't actual Xeons with high core-counts and multi-socket mobos still stuck at Broadwell?

Pretty much. Anything after Broadwell is stuck at 8(16) at best.

So? That is fairly normal for their Xeons. The release dates:

E5-2600 Q1 2012
E5-2600 v2 Q3 2013 (1.5 years later)
E5-2600 v3 Q3 2014 (1 year later)
E5-2600 v4 Q1 2016 (1.5 years later)

They announced availability of the Skylake-EP/EX as mid 2017 which is on schedule for their 1/1.5 year release cycle.

I'm guessing it's like this because Intel has been having trouble with later fabrication nodes.
Too few viable yields, so the best they can do right now is 8 cores.

Either that or they based their entire * Lake architecture around the assumption that AMD would never amount to anything,
so they are physically incapable of producing more than 8 cores because their architecture was literally designed around maximizing profit,
and trapping their customers in an 4/8 core hell for the foreseeable future.

I'm guessing it has more to do with retarded IT depts preferring clusters of blade servers chock full of redundant components, linked together by slow and laggy NICs. Even before multicore took off, 32-socket & 16-socket boards started vanishing from the market.

Ackshually, it is how it works. Even more so since AMD's one has MOAR COARS so you also have the inherent overhead of multithreading on top of a worse cpu.