Why do social media people act like Disney Channel was ever good? It's always sucked

Why do social media people act like Disney Channel was ever good? It's always sucked.

Even during the "good ol' days" of the late 90s-2005 (or so), it was still bad. Shows like Lizzie McGuire or That's so raven weren't really different from what we have now, your nostalgia blinds you if you think that. They've always been tween sitcoms with eye-rolling humor, that only girls and gay boys watched in school. The cool kids watched Nick and CN.

The only good thing about DC was that they had a bit more cartoons back then, but those were largely overshadowed by the cheesy sitcoms and boyband commercial breaks.

The cartoon were bland toothless shit too

Nostalgia

Growing up, I always hated it. Definitely my least favorite of the 3.

Consider the following: When today's teenagers were growing up, people like us were already getting nostalgic about how shows were when we were kids. "Only 90s kids will remember this" sort of shit has also gotten really popular on facebook and other shitty social media sites.

So you've got this generation that was entirely raised on the shitty sitcom era of TV, where Disney was airing more of their genetically engineered child stars than cartoons, and they want in on this meme. They don't want to feel left out, because their generation is heavily into the "me too" mentality.

So they do this shit where they pretend Lizzie McGuire and iCarly were the most dank, fire-ass, awesome shows to ever air, because that's what people do.
There also exists the possibility that there's some ironic meme'ing going on here too.

I do have some nostalgia for some of their live action movies on that channel. Mainly that Halloween town one and Hocus Pocus. Otherwise looking back I can see it didn't age well. Except for the cartoons like Kim Possible but yeah. I always prefered Cartoon Network back then.

Same. I can understand people having nostalgia for classic cartoon network or Nickelodeon but all I remember from Disney were shitty pre-teen shows and Disney Afternoon reruns.

I remember one or two of their live action shows that were okay, but I can agree that the rest were shit. They did have decent original movies, though.

True I got some nostalgia for the earlier original movies.

Eh. The movies like Hocus Pocus and Halloween Town were still pretty decent. Though they did have a recent movie marathon over the Summer and I realized how badly shit like Smart House aged.
It's pretty much a hit-or-miss. Nick did live action shit better.

The kids making these are real into irony, the phrasing and nomenclature can confirm that. If they were serious they would have posted collection of scenes from the movies and said some shit like "back when Disney Channel was good", not put a goofy picture of a kid doing a split and saying "When you saw this nigga doin a split mid air you knew Disney Channel was about to drop a bomb ass movie"
At least I think humor is the #1 goal here.

Don't forget Sky High.

No one can forget Sky High.

IT LIT FAM 100

Was Darkwing Duck and Ducktales from before the Disney Channel?

Those were ABC shows, though they had reruns on Disney Channel

Really, Toon Disney was more of a real "Disney Channel" than the ACTUAL Disney channel was. Lots of Disney animation, and no or minimal teen sitcoms.

Is House of Mouse a Disney Channel show or Toon Disney?

Pretty sure that's a joke. right?

It's an ABC show

Syndicated on Disney Afternoon

A true masterpiece.

Truly the greatest hero and the greatest movie.

Agreed dubs, a great film.