Top US commander warns Russia and Syria "we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened."

Top US commander warns Russia and Syria "we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened."

In the most direct public warning to Moscow and Damascus to date, the new US commander of American troops in Iraq and Syria is vowing to defend US special operations forces in northern Syria if regime warplanes and artillery again attack in areas where troops are located.

"We've informed the Russians where we're at … (they) tell us they've informed the Syrians, and I'd just say that we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened," Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend told CNN in a telephone interview Saturday from his Baghdad headquarters.

Townsend is the first senior military commander to speak on the record about the US possibly challenging the Syrian Air Force in the wake of an incident just days ago.

Townsend, who took command this week, made the remarks following what defense officials described as an "unusual" incident Thursday in northern Syria in which the regime of President Bashar al-Assad used warplanes to attack an area near where US special operations forces were operating in support of Kurdish forces, which are the Americans' key ally in the conflict.

Several US troops had to be quickly moved, and US jet patrols over northern Syria have been beefed up.

Townsend also said in the interview that he plans to keep up the pressure on ISIS and laid out an ambitious military goal: He told CNN he hopes the US-led coalition can "defeat ISIL in Iraq and Syria in this next year."

Townsend emphasized he is aware that may be ambitious, but he added, "That's my goal. I am intent to do that."

When asked how he would define the defeat of ISIS, the general said it would be when the so-called caliphate no longer exists and does not control significant population centers.
"Do I think ISIL will be gone from Iraq and Syria?" he asked, using another acronym for ISIS. "No. But I want them out of the cities."

Townsend was blunt in discussing the senior leaders of ISIS.

"I want them dead or on the run in a hole somewhere in the desert, and significantly less of a threat," he said.

Meanwhile, ISIS is still planning global attacks, Townsend said, adding that the group's leader, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, remains in charge and continues to issue orders that are communicated and followed.

Baghdadi and other ISIS leaders are being "actively hunted," Townsend said.

The US has long believed senior leaders are in and around the city of Raqqa in Syria, the ISIS-proclaimed capital of its caliphate. Townsend said local Arab and Kurdish fighters, trained by the US, could start moving into areas outside Raqqa in coming weeks.

archive.is/fNaB5

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/767352809482096640
8ch.net/pol/res/7127124.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Protection_Units
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Union_Party_(Syria)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you fucking kidding me? What double speak The audacity of these people is dumbfounding.

The Jew truly cries out in pain as he strikes you

Now we have one of Hillary's campaign managers almost accusing Trump of being a Kremlin puppet.

twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/767352809482096640

If Hillary wins, get ready for WWIII.

This thread isn't about Trump, There's plenty of Trump threads to post this is.

GIANT METEOR, 2016

Just end it already. No more tears. No more pain.

Guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

when they say "we" they mean "our Mossad operation codenamed ISIS"

REMINDER:

PUTIN A GLOBALIST COMMUNIST

THEY HAVE TRAINED IN AMERICA UNDER OBAMA

SYRIA RELEASED "REFUGEES" INTO EUROPE (part of the plan).

ALL REASONS FOR WORLDWIDE WARS HAVE BEEN FAKE

PUTIN BELIEVES IN MULTICULTURALISM AND PUSHED FOR WORLDWIDE HOLOHOAX DENIAL IMPRISONMENT (America/Canada stopped his vote in the UN)

CHRISTIAN ORTHODOXY IS TEAMING WITH COMMUNIST CATHOLICS (Holla Forums has reported)

THEY NEED A WORLD WORD TO FINALIZE A WORLD ORDER (Hitler fucked it up last time by redpilling people like JFK and McCarthy).

Filtered.

American forces are the fucking worst.

Refuse to cooperate with Syrian and Russian forces in eradicating ISIS. Refuse to trade knowledge of enemy positions. Refuse to airstrike or coordinate attacks.

AND we fund the enemy?
How is corrupt america not worse than any other country in history?
how can libtards hold signs saying 'america is already great'?

Give it a rest kike.

I hope Assad calls their bluff.

The kikes are so scared of Trump that they're going to kick off World War 3 just to try to stop him from winning.

Syria is not responsible for the migration crisis. When Mossad fell, the floodgates opened. It's the fault of American foreign policy, funding terrorist organizations to topple Mossad. Only 10% of the migrants coming from the midEast are Syrian. Hardly any are 'escaping war'.

Well that's not an outrageous overstatement in the least.

*All reasons for world wars have been instigated by jews on either or both sides.

Nice source. He believes anyone coming from the middle east should have to learn the Russian language and Russian way of life. Only then can rapist migrants enter russia. So, no, I'd say denying the rapists is a pretty monocultural idea.

Holla Forums infiltrates organizations and reports on them with proof and timestamps? Gonna need a link, as its not googleable.

Your post is retarded.

Posts a magic Jew to support his Jewish Communist state. Fucking race traitor

Thus, become a Communist Putin ass kisser and you too can rape Russian women

Putin openly shills the white race and non-existent and not important.

He is no better than Merkel, just competing for power

So, how's Azov? Treating you alright? Must be great working in country free of jewish influences for an organization not funded by jews, huh.

Not to mention that most of the "Syrian refugees" are Somalians and Libyans. Just look at pictures of Syrians and compare them to the refugees.

So is the ukraine neo-nazi connection just a meme or what? I'm assuming the nazism was subverted and now they're a puppet state.

Lol this.

OVER FUCKING WHAT?
What the fuck is he talking about? Firstly, what the hell is US forces is doing in Syria? Secondly, why is there 2 separate coalitions in fighting ISIS? Thirdly, did Assad ever asked the US for help in purging ISIS? Fuck no, the russian is doing an excellent job.

They no even hiding it anymore. Is there ever an agreement from Obama to deploy troops in Syria?

Most of us ameriburgers want to cooperate with Russia to stamp out ISIS.

We're hampered by the fact that half our population are libshit retards and voted in a government who in all likelihood knowingly created ISIS and backed them wholeheartedly until sometime this year.

LOL didnt need to edit the stars on those ones

I didn't know the entire middle east was 100% ISIS. Wew fucking lad their recruiters work fast.

Daily reminder that the latest Soros Wikileaks indicate that the US state department have shills trying to undermine Russia, because they hate globalism and progressivism.

This user is likely a paid JTRIG or Hasbarah shill.

I will never understand this shilling method. Jesus essentially said in the Bible that the Jews abandoned God and were the sons of the Devil. Jesus talked a lot of shit about the Jews.

Just something that has been going on since before WW1.

Enjoy the second wave of refugees afterwards.

Honestly having the world two superpowers co-operating and not constantly leading proxy wars and grinding gears would be absolutely amazing. Maybe we would finally be able to fix this shithole we call "Earth".

I'm certain a Trump presidency will get us there.

They're in every thread about Russia, just check this one out 8ch.net/pol/res/7127124.html
The amount of (1) shilling is incredible.

No, it's not. It's the old Azov shill that comes here once a while. His posting style is always the same, using the same buzzwordss and pictures. Take a note. He never changes his crappy cartoons. Someone probably drew three of them and he's been using them ever since. I guess drawfags are too expensive for ukrainian shill business these days. He's been resident shill shortly after first exodus. Earlier he used to make threads too, about how "azov was based and redpilled". He also used to be a lot more aggressive back in those days. Nowadays he just comes with his prepared speech and leaves not more than 3 posts in. He's a cuck from Azov internet division or something.

Also that webm, I thought the tree caught on fire when those orange things appeared.

Hahahahahahahaha, USA is done. Flush it down the toilet.

"Oy vey, stop blowing up our ISIS pawns"-JewSA

This

Russia has yet to use its trump card. American planes will be falling out of the skies if the Obama Regime is stupid enough to listen to his Jew advisors.

Too bad Putin can't introduce Soros to some Polonium tea.

reminder the Kurds are literal Communists. The US is threatening WWIII to prevent Russia from killing Muslim Communists who intend to seize territory from a NATO member state.

[citation needed], mehmet

This sounds like something that would be true, but I'd also like a source.

Kurds also regularly massacre Iraqi and Syrian Christians. Fuck them. Russia should cluster bomb the shit out of them all.

What? You didn't know that?

OH COOL RUSSIAN SQUAD LEARNS TO MEME!!!!!

YOU ARE SO TRENDY!

PUTIN'S FAVORITE PHILOSOPHER CALLS FOR THE DEATH OF THE WHITE RACE IN PLACE OF NIGGERS

.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Protection_Units

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Union_Party_(Syria)

everything is about trump now. trump or bust. this civilization rises or falls with him now. all of it.

Russians has no problem with the Kurds, have financially backed some of them.

He's going to get fucked by a bear.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm NEVER EVER fighting for Israel!

These manufactured conflicts have to end. Splendid isolation for everyone if needs be. I don't give a brass shit if it means less access to products, or even that I am confined to my comfy Island forever more.