>being a

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
youtube.com/watch?v=ggur-Ca2nzs
123test.com/history-of-IQ-test/
skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/28536/does-james-woods-have-an-iq-of-180
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IQ tests pretty much only measure your ability to take an IQ test

This. IQ is a flawed measurement of intelligence.

Spotted the brainlets in denial.

yeah, but if you add our IQs together we've got you beat by a lot

checkmate atheists

Darn commies, your collectivist effort has rendered us, the high IQ elite, as useless. I curse upon thy mother's grave.

That's like saying basketball only tests your ability to play basketball instead of general athletic ability.
Not a perfect measurement as said, but if you had a probability distribution of intelligence, the distribution would shift depending on what you get on the test.

Who do you think would win if a person of average athletic ability that played basketball 8 hours per day every day went one-on-one against an athletic person that had never played basketball before?

People on imageboards tend to put too much emphasis on IQ, especially on the difference between average and above average. IQ tests are decent for what they were originally intended to do (identifying students that need a little bit of extra help) but that's about it. Average IQ people can do anything that high IQ people can, they just have to work a little bit harder during the part where they attend school.

If you look at a list of all the people in the world that have the highest IQs guess what you find? They have all taken a shitload of IQ tests over and over and developed their ability to take an IQ test like you would any other skill. One of them is a fucking bouncer. He brags about his high IQ because he's ashamed that he's a complete failure in every other aspect of his life.

Smart people don't post on Holla Forums.

I got 133 when I was 5 though. I know it's hard to acknowledge you are inferior, but resistance is futile. It's better if you admit it already.

congratulations on being smarter than other 5 year olds

Wew, I seem to have struck a nerve.

lol no

Do you know how children's IQ tests work? If it's a written test then a 5 year-old that has been taught the basics by their parents or a preschool will be way ahead of a 5 year-old that hasn't

You summerfags are the easiest to bait to be honest.

But you keep responding to me too, so you must be equally as mad. The only way to prove that you aren't mad is to let me get the last word. neener neener neener

No user. You where in a bait thread all along. This was but a genius scheem to discuss about muh IQ with sone random faggot on the net. No amount of semantics can change this.

i dont know my IQ and i dont have the interest of Knowing

not mad, b8 failed

better luck next time

This is what brainlettes actually believe.
Put 1 billion niggers on a continent and see what they come up with.

Nothing.
Ever.
Not even a wheel.

They had a couple of million years at least.
Your low intelligence doesn't enable you to understand what intelligence is or why it is so important. Nor do you know how it works, or what the difference in capabilities is between a low or a high.
It isn't only about speed. Imagine the capabilities of a 1970s home computer, and those of the top of the range computer now. Speed isn't the only thing that has been enchanced. Bad analogy, I doubt you understand how computers work let alone how they have changed.

Think of a small potato, you can only make a couple of fries with it.
A big one allows you to make fries, a baked potato, mashed potato, shallots, shepherd's pie, a battery and so on.

wow, thanks. You must be a genius

piss the night away

If you can't figure out patterns then you're a brainlet. I'm sorry you had to see this.

I can figure out patterns just fine.

Current year.
Not accessing eternal life technologies like you are Wolverine of X-men.

Diers.

which patterns

The questions on IQ tests that ask what comes next in a sequence

DERP!

Oh I always fail those. I can never figure out the next answer

DERP!

Don't feel bad, some of the numerical ones are cheap and don't really belong on an IQ test in the first place. If it's a list of prime numbers or a fibonacci sequence some people will get the answer correct for free just because they've seen it before.

How do they decide the numbers to put on the test?
also, what is it like to have a high IQ?

I don't know, that's actually a pretty good question. Some IQ tests are better than others, and it's because of the kinds of questions they ask. Early IQ tests had questions that were less about intelligence and more about education/memorization ("Who wrote 'Faust'?") So the best IQ test questions will be challenging enough that not everybody will get it correct, but easy enough that some people will, and that they'll get it correct because they actually figured it out, not just because they've seen it before.

There are also sometimes other dumb pattern recognition questions that aren't numerical. I remember one that me and my friend both took asked this:

Which of the following is least like the others:

a) A diamond
b) An alligator
c) The color pink
d) A conversation

like wtf, they are all quite different than each other. You could make a case for any one of those being the correct answer.

ishygddt

Go back to your rape cave Ckklkkckeeeueygh.

who here would fuck dolphin in hole on top of head

Maybe you should go to a party? You'll see several conversations all in the same room

but an alligator is the only item on that list that is alive, so it's obviously the right answer

That's a porpoise

In this moment I am euphoric, not because of some phony baloney IQ "numbers" but because I am enlightened by my intelligence

He literally did.

give me a link please? I tried searching, but I can't find it.
Also, even if he did, don't you think being able to train and get that score would make you pretty smart?
A chess player trains to get good at chess, but he has to be pretty smart in the first place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

It depends by what you mean by smart. I think he had a knack for taking tests, and then he took an interest in IQ tests as a hobby and developed his ability to take them like you would any other skill.

But because he is able to dazzle dumbasses with his test-taking ability he is either a bullshitter or genuinely believes that he is some kind of genius, which would make him kind of dumb to be honest. He claims he can mathematically prove the existence of God, among other things.

Should have made it clearer, but a link to the claim that "he practiced tests".
People tend to have their limits though.
Even if you trained your ass off, you'd likely never make it into the NBA because you're not gifted 6'6 and gifted athletically, to go back to the NBA example.
Even though it's "just a test", I think if you were to ask him and another person to solve a problem, he'd be better at it than the other person most of the time, assuming the same level of expertise in the field that the problems in.

Oh, I think he talks about when he first became interested in IQ tests somewhere in this three-part series, which I otherwise do not recommend.

youtube.com/watch?v=ggur-Ca2nzs

I didn't watch all of it, because it's not interesting. But, it's no secret that all of the people that claim to have "the world's highest IQ" have all first taken an interest in IQ tests (i.e. studied up)

About the smartest thing he has done is parlay his hobby of writing IQ tests into a hustle on people that don't understand that IQ tests are not meant to identify geniuses.

123test.com/history-of-IQ-test/

IQ tests are meant to identify retards. IQ tests are literally a test for retards.

James Woods has 180 IQ. he was accepted to MIT and dropped out to become a useless actor.

Can't even do something worthwhile with their intelligence like invent a new technology.

You uppity IQ monkies aren't that special.

133 and you don't double space after a period?

What person doesn't know that?

Don't believe everything that Mexican celebrity gossip websites tell you.

skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/28536/does-james-woods-have-an-iq-of-180

Actually, c) is the only one that doesn't start with a capital "A" and its the only one that is three words instead of two. The answer is clearly c).