Is it possible to get internet access without isp?

Is it possible to get internet access without isp?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/tech/2011/01/28/old-technology-helps-egyptians-communications-black.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even if you could somehow connect to a Tier 1 they would still mine all your data. I assume thats why you're asking.

I think perhaps the better question is "what does an ISP actually do", which ought to answer your question.

The answer is yes, with work. Steal your neighbor's wifi and use a VPN or something.

You'd still be going through an ISP.

exactly

crowd source a wireless mesh net SOC and sell it for 5$ and or drop them from a plane over your city.

This. WiFi boosters on every McDonald's, Starbucks and shopping mall should do it.

c'est impossible

Many cities have miles of 'dark fibre': Optical lines laid out by 90's telecoms that went bust, now sitting completely vacant in the ground. Assuming one end is near an ISP, a sufficiently 1337 h4ck3r n1nj4 could patch into one end of the cable near their premises through the sewer line, and then break into the ISP datacenter on the other end to connect it to a switch.

Did you know that your neighbor's ISP is also going through an ISP? And it's likely that THAT ISP is also going through ANOTHER ISP after that.

Connect to your neighbor's WiFi. Set up repeaters. Sell internet access to people.

Yeah, all you have to do is to put your own satellite into space (Or at least rent some bandwidth that helps to pay keeping it up there).
Otherwise you can set up and intranet with other people.

an*

how can you do that? internet is network, and how do you expect to get access to it if you dont become part of that network?

An internet service providers are the points in the network graph, who provide connectivity to the points which only have one edges.

More specifically, the ISP is considered to be the one who announces your public IP address and the BGP routes to that address on the internet.

An internet service providers are the points in the network graph, who provide connectivity to the points which only have one edges.

More specifically, the ISP is considered to be the one who announces your public IP address and the BGP routes to that address on the internet.

Unless you do this yourself, you can't get internet access.

I remember back in 2011 when Egyptian president mubarack was under stress that they started censoring the internet and shutting down parts of it in Egypt. Some people then gave instructions how you can get around it and get your modem working even if your ISP does not approve.

I wish I had saved it back then.

you fuck

That's one thing that could've changed everything, but alas, it is lost in time.

But not lost to the internet... save those old 56k modems.
foxnews.com/tech/2011/01/28/old-technology-helps-egyptians-communications-black.html

I guess your options are: wireless mesh, optical link, HAM and other packet radio, sneakernet.
Also maybe analog modems, but the phone company can easily just shut you down. Then again, if you're willing to run your own copper wire...

Tob Keg!