I'm liking the current moderation going on here. Duplicate threads are being deleted...

I'm liking the current moderation going on here. Duplicate threads are being deleted, rubbish threads locked or anchored. Now, can we have a meta thread where we nominate certain threads for deletion, maybe set a vote/poll and if the users decide to delete, the thread is gone. Maybe if a thread doesn't receive enough replies in a certain time, it's auto anchored or auto deleted?

AGREED

Holla Forums needs to move into the 21st century. Getting rid of the crap threads will help keep people interested and keep people contributing positively.

go away /int*/

I'm glad we stuck with Dysnomia. He's finally getting thing right. The board catalog has never looked better. We need to keep this up and OP's suggestion could work! If we got a group of trust worthy moderators who could do a lot of the work in killing rubbish threads.

Anchoring threads seems to work. Still, I'd rather them deleted instead. Mods are doing a good job so I'm happy.

maybe i like what you consider crap threads. maybe most of the things you value on an ib are cancer to me. maybe i'm not the only user who balks at inviting the mods to delete what they don't like.

They're doing a good job at the moment, I trust the Mods are only deleting cancer threads. Lets get more ods with the same mentality on board.

So you enjoy chilling on a board where you only see cancer, Gotcha, have fun. It's not the 90's any more ad image boards need to move into the 21 century.

At least namefag, Dysnomia

GTFO. God dam people like you probley dont even use IRC, use discord or some cancer like that.

Glad you think we are doing well. I'm definitely doing my best to remove trash as I see it.

they have in fact only ever existed in the 21st century. there's nothing last century about them at all and never has been.

You know what I mean, faggot.

I don't use either. Both are for faggots. Get some real life friends, they're better.

Considered.

First we have to come up with a way to avoid a random group from ganging up on any thread.

Anyone see a problem here?

This place is like a fag slowly dying of AIDS..it's a ghost town and you want to delete more..pretty soon there won't be nothing left

bump for quality moderation discussion

maybe we could have some upvotes aswell

amirite guis?

what we could have instead is a way to show if we "like" the thread or not

maybe some sort of like button

while we're at it, we could stop this place being an image board and just turn it into facebook or reddit

fucking kys OP

A lot of threads here can be summarised as "Muh dik"

I know it gets overused but
LITERALLY REDDIT

do i really have to explain how an image board works?

you make a thread, people either contribute to it and so it gets bumped organically, or it doesnt and it goes to the bottom of the list and the dies

people can post purely to bump, which is frowned upon, but it can be a way to keep a thread alive until enough people are watching it to get a decent discussion going

if people keep a thread alive by shitposting / spamming etc in it, possibly in a thread with a cancerous subject, then that thread is cancer, people can then post in it using "sage" to inform people that that thread is cancer without bumping it. perhaps if it is so cancerous a mod can ban it, anchor etc

what you are suggesting is that there could be a system whereby a thread could be removed by purely negative feedback

good threads survive on an imageboard by posting positive contributive content

youre suggesting that threads could be deleted by negative non-contributive, no content, meta posting, which is literally destroying threads using cancer

also that system could easily abused, youre suggesting turning this imageboard into a negative popularity contest. theres a reason why theres no "like" or "upvote" button here. its to prevent the spread of cancer from normalfags increasing the exposure of posts based on how (un)popular something is rather than it surviving solely on the quality of its content

tldr; OP your a cancerous fuck for thinking this would be a good thing and should go back to reddit if thats what you want

also worth emphasising how cancerous meta posting is

if there were more threads like this the board would just end up being posting about posting about posting with no actual content

and the fucking hubris of these kind of "i have an idea how to modify imageboars" threads

this kind of ego that says im so narcissistic that i think i can improve on a formula that is at the core of community with thousands of contributors that has existed for years, is typical of SJWs.

im such a special little snow flake, my subjective opinion matters so much that an entire community should consider ruining everything what makes that community good to accommodate for it

again fucking kys OP you cancerous fuck

sage goes in all fields

an example;

anti-feminism thread with quality OP

10 quality contributors to that thread have a reasoned discussion

15 SJWs contributing nothing other than hurt feels wants that thread taken down

quality anti-feminism thread gets taken down by non-contributing SJWs because OP was a giant faggot

im wandering if this is a new flavour to the

SJWs couldnt convince the Holla Forums user base that their community is dead in the hopes of disrupting it

so they are tying

trying to convince the Holla Forums user base they should allow SJWs to cancer post their content into oblivion