Story Time

Are stories and shit allowed here?

stop this

Anyways my CIS105 (Microsoft Excel: the class) professor made all sorts of claims that he knew nothing about like "Linux can do anything Windows can do but the only reason it didn't become popular is because in the early 2000's Microsoft threatened to up the price of Windows installations of laptop manufacturers that were going to use Linux.

Obviously in the early 2000's both laptops and Linux were completely nonviable and even today ganoo slash Linux isn't viable for your average retard. I asked him after class which distro he ran and apparently he had never used Linux before.

Here's some others:
In case anyone is curious as to how such an enormously underqualified retard can teach this class, he was there to offer the "business perspective" on technology. Protip: research which school within your university each class is hosted by and don't go in anything associated with any business school, it's pure cancer.

Thanks for the tip user.

I was running Mandrake or something in the early 2000s... On a laptop. Anyways.

My financial engineering professor, yesterday.

What the literal fuck?

It's more or less like financial management with a heavier focus on math.

I know, user. I know.

I wonder how many anons have used versions of Linux as low as 2.2 or even 2.4.
I'd guess most have never heard of xfree86, supermount or any of the winmodem bullshit at that time.
I used KDE and Slackware. However Redhat 9 has the most elegant interface, even today IMO.

A good professor of mine liked to drop a little Microsoft anecdote each year. In the 2000s period Microsoft was recruiting students to work on low-level Windows, who not only had no prior knowledge of Windows programming, they also very actively hired candidates of Linux background to these developer positions.

You can say he pood in his website.

What a giant homOSeXual!

But they sure would love for that to be true

Thanks for clarifying, I thought you were someone else for a second.

What's wrong with putting personal information on your personal website? It's kinda what it's for, no?

should install in vm or on old p3 just for fun

What the fuck, I'm too old for this shit

That sounds like Microsoft. They did threaten OEMs that tried to sell PCs with BeOS.

University isn't restricted only for young adults. Everybody is free to study at a university.

I live in the middle of nowhere and had to make do with dial-up until 2005, so I did get to know the last few days of Winmodem shit. I was just a teenager at the time, but dear fuck, am I glad that these days were left behind with broadband...

I don't have trouble believing that Microsoft did that, I have trouble believing that this was the primary reason why Linux didn't become more popular than Windows.

Are you Maricopa or are CIS105 courses generally excel: the course?

Green text stories always start with >be x

smh tbh fam

I had this one girl who finished calculus 4 and didn't know how to write a method in Java and asked me to help her with her midterm.

That post gave me cancer.

My anus is physically throbbing right now

You might have worms. Get that checked out.

ask her out and have cute kids

NOTHING IS ALLOWED HERE, FUCK OFF

t. pedophile