If a fully armed...

If a fully armed, fully fueled M5A2 Stuart was let loose on the city crewed by extremely experienced criminals who want to slaughter as many people and do as much damage as possible, how long would it take respondents to destroy it?

National Guard, at least. What city would have the means to actually take on a tank? You'd have to have one hell of an escape plan, if you planned to escape at all. Plus some means of getting into your target area without raising attention.

Considering it's lack of vertical capability, it would be very easy to come swoop it up with a helicopter.

Everyone I ask keeps mentioning SWAT. One guy on /k/ just now said it's because they have M2s

I dont give a fuck about OP, but that little thing is cute as fuck!

Most light tanks were

Would SWAT really manage anything? It's a fucking tank.

It should be an easy task.

Can i buy one of them?

Yes. They were selling M4 Shermans not long ago

However long it'd take for the National Guard to respond. It would do some serious damage.

Is there an armor difference between A1 and A2?

So frame's the question: how long does the National Guard typically take to do anything?

I live in a town with like 5k people and for some reason there's a national guard armory in the center of town. So if they got really lucky and started on the beach they might get like 100 people, most of them too old to run into the water.

Only a white man could be capable of such ingenuity
Before the replies come pouring in, this isn't supposed to be an insult

like 30 seconds my man
DISARMED

user, where did you get a fully armed, fully fueled M5A2 Stuart ?

Couple of Molotov cocktails and it's game over, especially for a WWII era tank.

You wouldnt go far. Have in mind thata car is much faster than you, and on a urban scenary you are a lot slower. Molotov coctels are a useful weapon againts this old ww2 tanks (this tactic was used on spanish civil war and ww2). You have 38mm of steel on the upper front, and 44mm on the lower front. It has 25mm on the side. A .50 wont pen you from the front, but it will from the side and rear (no pun intended). The problem of being pen is not the bullet itself entering the vehicule, but the sharpnel it produces. You will have thousands of small ieces of metal flying on avery direction insede of that tiny place. If they dont manage to pen the side or the rear, they can shoot from the air, the roof is even less armored.
The thing is, that even if you manage to get a crew and train for some time, you will eventually get slaughtered anyways, just because a tank with no infrantry suport, is death as fuck. Police or whatever enemy you have at that moment will climb at the tank, and you are death man.
I dont know if .50 are that common where you are, but if they have them, you are damned. They can use, as I said before, just a burning bottle with gasoline.

Pro tip: Get a better tank

you called?

Burn in hell nazi

OP do us a favor and kill only non whites if not, kill only whites and leave the communist manifesto inside of your tank with you and claim to be a communist if they don't kill you.

The only thing that stopped him was his shit driving and cooking his radiator.

Would have been so cool if an Abrams or Bradley was called in to handle him.

By the sounds of it Marvin's tank was bretty strong it took a fair while to cut him out after he an-heroed, missile was supposedly going to be used until he got stuck. I'd put money on the home made tank against a Bradley in a close quarters fight.

lmao no, the autocannon on the bradley would rip up the improvised AFV

Nat guard would heli in a TOW team

In the mean time tracks would be killed

Tanks, especially light tanks, need infantry support

should of skipped the cement. an inch of steel is more then enough to stop whatever the local police will throw at you, and you dont needlessly add dead weight. I bet he could of made it a little longer without it

*should have

*could have

I agree with this answer. The local responders would be able to get enough fuel into cars to ignite ahead of the tank and behind it at the same time. Or simply throw molotovs at it. The occupants won't have long after the tank heats up.

Jump on it, pour petrol amd ignite. Smoke the crew out of the tank, its not perfectly sealed unlike modern tanks.

Sorry nigger, but a nigger won't be going to heaven no matter what.

How hard would it be for respondents if MULTIPLE tanks were released into the city?

i reckon they would scramble an apache
and shoot it with 20mm guns or hellfire missile both would make mince meat out of the stuart

Park a dump truck or a garbage truck or a cement mixer in front of and behind it. Use a small crane or an end loader to tip the motherfucker over.

They didn't do it for the killdozer, and it's unlawful for the US Military to respond to civil disturbances.

You do realize it has HE rounds right?

Yeah. A cement mixer sized pile of flaming debris is as good a barricade as a cement mixer.

but the slag can't be moved to block the tank

just chuck a few slavs against the tank, EZPZ

Depends. Can the driver drift?

Molotov that weak shit from above. tank fighting in city, easy pickings.

that narration: "Two assault rifles" shows two bolt actions.

Probably 1" of armor, too much for any AR bullet except maybe a 7.62 NATO at less than like 100 yards and even then they're probably mostly deflecting/getting buried, but not thick enough to stop the .50 BMGs SWAT should have since it's in a city.
So whatever the SWAT response time is

I'll drive your ass back to the cotton plantations

Obviously, any HEAT weapon would perforate the armor extremely easily. It wouldn't surprise me if there was at least one AT4 in the arsenals of SWAT teams in most major cities, but not sure if they'd have that.
The M903 SLAP, fired from the M2, can penetrate 34mm at 500 meters, the M5A1 has enough front armor (38-51mm at different degrees of slope) to deflect this round, the side of the turret would be around 38mm and the side of the hull only 25mm.
All it would take is one vehicle with an M2 to see the side of the vehicle for it to be disabled extremely quickly. How long such a vehicle would take to arrive would depend on your distance to a military base, it would also depend on how militarized the local SWAT are, I've never heard of a SWAT vehicle with a M2 mounted on top, but if there was 1 in the armory, it's possible that it might be able to be mounted fairly quickly.
I wouldn't be surprised if even basic police vehicles were used to try to create barriers at various intersections to a tiny tank like the Stuart, but more importantly, if you had 1 slightly suicidal driver of a SWAT vehicle, if they rammed that into the side of the Stuart, that would stand a good chance of knocking it out of action.
It would also depend on whether or not the governor was willing to approve the use of the a chain gun from whatever attack helicopters can be brought from nearby bases, unlike in that instance of the guy that stole a Patton tank, they wouldn't need to use a Hellfire missile, they could just use the HEDP and rekt it. Although it would probably take a while to get most such helicopters in the air.
Anyways, I would say they would probably be able to run around for at least an hour, but it really depends on how close they are to a Humvee with a M2 on top.

fuck it, wait for that bitch to come by a gas station light a pump and flamethrower the whole thing.

that would be pretty awesome.

I made a dramatic recreation picture document.