Why aren't you using Windows Server 2012 R2 as your desktop OS, /g/?

Why aren't you using Windows Server 2012 R2 as your desktop OS, /g/?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation#Introduction
imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/catalog
lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-February/012950.html
chiefio.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/systemd-it-keeps-getting-worse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why aren't you sucking my cock yet faggot

it costs money

Don't bother replying to me.

I think you answered your own question.

I'm using debian stable on my servers and debian testing on my desktop os, thats why normie so get out of Holla Forums.

Still inferior to any nix
Prove it.
Implying there's only cortana.
Again, prove it
We have choice with any nix and even if one day options are limited choice can be created again.
And ?
It's still inferior compared to any nix
I can make a kernel that's less than 2MB and in less than 5s I re/boot up the whole system.
On top of all that the hardware is also a important factor for the boot speed.
Gaymen botnet software
bait
But you don't control shit, thus the security is doubtful.
No transparency of code/four freedoms = no security.
Dito has precedent and something that you'll never use.

This is all bait and a waist of time.
Come back when you have installed gentoo.
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation#Introduction

Also:
>/g/

Das Rite!

Well first and foremost it costs 10x more than any desktop variety of the OS.
Second of all you're going to have issues with software going "Windows Server detected, you need to pay premium", licenses which costs $500 and above.

Except not really. There's literally no difference between consumer versions and server versions of the Windows kernel.
The only differences is the amount of services that are disabled by default, and the few extra "enterprise" tools added in such as Server Manager.

You can disable both on the retail version of Windows, so that's not really a valid point.

Yes because I would definitely spend tens of thousands of dollars on Xeons and terabytes of ram for my gaymen PC.
The only time you would actually NEED that many cores and that much ram is if you ran an actual server, at which point you'd pick a *Nix OS instead.

So the same as on the consumer version unless you install it on a tablet? Gotcha.

That's because a lot of the services are disabled. If you disable the same services on a desktop variety you'd have the same boot speed.

Except not really. Some games don't work because the devs specifically restricts it from being used on Windows Server cause there's no way of playtesting without purchasing a $10,000 license, which is not a good business decision to make sure your game works for the 0.04% of your users who for some reason use Windows Server.

A lot of the updates still requires you to reboot, and outside of that the stability is no different from the consumer version of Windows.

Or you could stop being a pleb and get Nginx, which is free, has higher performance, and doesn't require you to spend thousands of dollars on a license.

Which is useful for a desktop PC how exactly?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Enjoy your Microsoft Botnet™.

lol

systemd says hi.

OpenRC says hi.

How is systemd botnet? The only thing I can think of is using Google's DNS as the default fallback DNS, which is a single minor problem. Other buzzwords apply to systemd.

For a better example, take Chromium.

Wait WAT?! Your init daemon has a say about your DNS resolver? That's fagged up.

systemd is well known to have an NSA backdoor.

It's such a shame that so many distros have dropped init just to get cucked by NSA.

Benefits of init:

Benefits of systemd:

Slackware seems to be the last big bastion of Linux "freedom".

May as well use Windows Server at this rate.

It's a well known meme.

Systemd is far more than just an init system. That's not a secret, and that's by design. resolved is optional, though.

You wouldn't happen to have any proof at all for this, would you?

I use 2016 I don't have that many cores anyhow.

Besides 2016 essentials is not core locked as far as I recall.

Microsoft gives it away for free if you say your in school and promise not to use it for commercial things. You can still get 2012 too if that's your kink.

You get windows 8.1 embedded 8.1 industry pro, 2012 R2 essentials, normal and datacenter and 2016 essentials, normal and datacenter.

Oh and your allowed to install each one on two computers concurrently.

imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/catalog

None of these refuted the original points retart

print("Holla Forums"=="/g/")

False
Yup, it's not.

cringe

Ok

It's not botnet in the real definitions of botnet it's the chan definition of botnet.
Witch is the simple definition of botnet and the addition of a software that spreads in other software like cancer in sensitive parts and in the actual situation of global spying it is more than obvious that it's a trojan horse.

lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-February/012950.html

chiefio.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/systemd-it-keeps-getting-worse/

let me rephrase that

Why would you want people to install spyware user ?

>>>/reddit/

Nice img

I would prefer poettering instead of hitler tho.

No, that's not the chan definition of botnet. The chan definition of botnet is anything that spies on you or is otherwise (potentially) bad for your privacy, occasionally extended to include all proprietary software. Systemd just doesn't fit in that.

4 processors per blade
10 blades per enclosure

my cluster has more than 640 CPU cores...

but I am under the memory limit for now

is Server 2012 current?
I have license stickers on every server and have never used one... hmmmm

だ が 断 る

u can't tell me what to do!

How can you be suprised at all user based off ~90% of the other threads and the replies there in.

I don't know Jap, does it say that OP should go fuck himself?

You have to have a .edu email address. Also the keys have a limited number of activation. Mine were revoked after about 100 activations.

Virtual machines.

Trying out Windows Server 2016 from there as we speak (in a VM).

Welp, back to Server 2012 R2 for me.

everytime i see these infographics I die a little inside

HTML parsing is done in kernel and 2 years ago had a bug so bad that you could send a machine a malformed html string and gain system user access.

I have to use this for work, 2016 is better anyway, I don't know why you want to push something that's based off W8.

I've had several random locks, especially with video output, also enjoy having it auto defrag every week.

I've lost count how many times I've had to do a DISM repair due to bad shutdowns.

So? Linux can do this...
Here is something shitty that it does, because it's a "server" OS it by default treats itself as a router, you can access any subnet range because it translates it automatically.

What I like to do is archive the VM image of a brand new install. From there I also archive a VM image of a free software configuration. I only have to activate a tiny number of times.

Interesting idea.

What do you do about your host OS though? Or is the host linux?

I normally use Linux as the host OS.

Real Windows-using Holla Forums-heads use the open-source vlmcsd by downloading binaries from the official git. vlmcsd is a KMS server emulator which comes closest to emulating the //behavior// of a Microsoft KMS server exactly.

If one sets up a DNS server and configures the _vlmcs._tcp.$DOMAIN_FQDN SRV to point to the vlmcsd host, all KMS client computer software will automatically locate the server and self-activate just like a real corporate network with Volume Licensing.

Beware a group policy item in Server 2012 R2 which reports each KMS activation event to Microsoft. You need to disable this item before doing KMS activation. Probably should rebuild Windows install images with this group policy object disabled by default.

vlmcsd works flawlessly with Windows Server 2016.

Tell me more. Does this work with the enterprise version as well?

Hahahahahahaha

It says 'I refuse'. Similar enough, mind you.

If we wanted to waste time configuring shit, we'd be using linux already, which is truly an extraordinary timesink. We're using a sociopathic corporate botnet because we want to double click things and then do fucking anything else. It is an iron rule of nature that the technology that provides the most direct route (thus expending the least amount of energy) to accomplish a goal will always have the most users.

This isn't meant as a hostile statement, it's merely a fact of unavoidable and all consuming entropy. There is no hope for a better future.

There's a metaphor in that jar of milk somewhere.

what the fuck does this even mean?

yep the gay little UI effects are totally needed.

heh

why??

until you try to install unsupported desktop drivers.

I'll stick with debian, thanks though mr Microsoft man.

FUCKING NORMALFAG

My first experience with running a server was using ubuntu. I chose this over windows *because* it was easier and required less effort. I only switched to other distros later when I knew what I was doing and wanted the option to install only what I needed.

What does it means?