Macfags overpays for standard mid-range x86 hardware in a shitty tin can case

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/p-series/p50/
ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook Pro 15-Inch Touch Bar Teardown/73395
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's all about status signaling with them. You can sell them anything because the part of their brain to rationally use money doesn't work.

B-but it just werks!

tin != aluminium, and the finishes are absolutely top-notch.

Find me a comparable sized / performance / weight laptop. No one wants to carry around a fifteen pound laptop on their back. I have a full size tower for anything that takes serious horsepower.

The high res retina screens are what sold it for me tbh. I love extremely high res anything so this was nice to have. I also got a 200 dollar discount because reasons so it put it at a cheaper price point than comparable ultra books

And my ThinkPad says how little fucks I give about my computer's finish. What I care about is that my computer is capable of getting shit done.

Retards liking glossy screens, 1mm key travel keyboards and shitty touchpads without buttons.

Trackpoint > touchpad

Normies don't mind their fingers feeling the shock of a short travel and their touchpad having no buttons. They just want a clean, compact, minimalistic computer that looks less like an electronic device and more like a magical artifact (that's why Macs have tiny cooler fans with a very small intake slot and a small, discrete ventilation exhaust carefully hidden away beneath the screen).

Sane normies (I know, I know) still consider computers as tools. They've just never been exposed to real pro lines like Latitudes/Chinkpads/Elitebooks.

luckily for the industry, consumers like you are a dwindling minority

My cheap plastic brick outperforms your clean, sleek, minimalistic hipster machine by a large margin without even heating up a little and can connect to anything out of the box with no adapters.

macbooks aren't mid-rage you idiot LARPer
kys

Pick one.

look at the specs niggerfaggot

I agree, performance-wise they're bottom tier

I did
I paid the same exact amount and even got a dedicated GPU

>Core i5
Holy shit

Also thats DDR3 memory, not even shitting you

pathetic

Sure, let's see what the $4000 Mac Pro has to offer compared to my $900 machine...

CPU:

GPU:

RAM:

Motherboard:

Storage:

My computer cost less than 1/4 of a Mac Pro and outperforms it.

Are you comparing a desktop to a laptop?

Wrong.

Nobody is saying that's also not overpriced you stupid Mactard

Ebin, simbly ebin

Example: x270 and T460s. Keep in mind that the CPUs are better.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nope, it's the desktop model, the one that looks like a big soda can.

Even worse: my computer shop sells parts for pretty much the same price you get in my country for directly importing them from Amazon, they offer free assembly on the purchase of an entire PC, and their product lineup is actually great.

>shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/p-series/p50/
m8

The aluminium case conducts heat really well when the battery catches fire.

What's not to love?

I actually like old ugly thinkpads for their looks as well. Every other laptop looks like it tries too hard to be fancy while failing at it. In the end it just looks incredibly cheap and vain, including macs. Whereas thinkpads look cool by not giving a fuck.

You haven't seen shit
Hipster abusing technology to it's finest
Next step is to make them pay a monthly fee to use them.
ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook Pro 15-Inch Touch Bar Teardown/73395

This

reaction pic related

ow the irony!

Reported for template /g/ thread. Eat shit.

But you're only impressing tech illiterate normie trash who are willing to pay for a brand...

Macfag is mad

you might be retarded, fam

This design philosophy is pure fucking cancer. Nowadays every computer tries very fucking hard to look as Apple-like as possible. You walk into a Best Buy and the first thing you see is the Macs, and then the Mac wannabes. Pretty much the only alternative is the "gamer" aesthetic, which just replaces trying hard to be clean and minimalist with trying hard to be badass and monstruous.

So far the only alternative I've seen is the industrial-like design I usually see on enterprise servers. It's pretty much the reason I bought this case. It looks pretty low-key, but it doesn't try hard to go for any specific look, it just tries to be pretty without putting too much effort on standing out from the rest. What matters in this case is what lies inside, and it's pretty good at holding it together and keeping it fresh.

macs are for fags

This. I always loved how thinkpads looked.