What'd you guys think of Prometheus?

What'd you guys think of Prometheus?

I liked it.

Damon Lindelof is my nigga.

Prometheus was great if you went to the theater and put headphones in and listened to anything else at all

I liked the fanedit, but haven't seen it since. I sure as shit ain't watching the regular version.

The movie wasn't good, but I thought a lot about the stuff behind the movie

I liked it a lot. I don't think the hate is warranted at all. A lot of the complaints are autistic shit.

I didn't enjoy it, but I can't remember exactly why anymore. It was boring.

>>>/reddit/

This. I thought it was pretty decent, and all around well executed.

it was shit

fucking garbage

i cant believe i was hyped by a trailer, never again

At first I didn't like it, but after seeing it a few times I started to get what Ridley was trying to do with it.

I liked it, but I wish it was more about ancient civilizations and less about whatever the fuck it was about.

It is a wonder how they managed to fuck up proper sense of mystery about an extinct alien civilization. There's a dead megastructure to explore and then they have boring family drama or what ever instead. The multitude of parental abandonment sub-plots were superfluous and not particularly interesting or "deep", and lead to showing the naked Engineer as a big albino straight at the beginning, which was an amateurish mistake for the overall tension.

I didn't like it because the blonde girl had sex with an ape.

It's a terrible movie, but it was pretty.

It was only okay but a dirctors/extended cut could potentially be great.

NUH UH NOT IN TRUMPS AMERICA NO SIR
0/10 leftycuck marxist commie librul jew indoctrinashun

Boy you sure are butthurt about normal people not liking the Jewish racemixing agenda.

Same

Easily one of the Top 10 worst movies i've seen.

Damon Lindelof is literally worse than cancer, parades should be thrown when he finally leaves this mortal coil.

Do you only watch German and Russian kino or something?

He is clearly a Jew not a nigger

Enjoyable if you watch a fan-edit that cuts out some of the dumber scenes and adds in some deleted ones. People hated the film chiefly because it wasn't Alien 5, even though everyone knows a new Alien wouldn't be remotely scary or fun anymore because the concept is over 30 years old. It's a bit like the prequels, the black goo explains a lot but it didn't really need explaining, much like the midichlorians, it's about whether you want to see more of the universe and explore it's origins or would rather leave a classic series untampered with.

Maybe I liked Prometheus because I never had an issue with Midichlorians.
My only real issue with Prometheus was how stupid some characters were.
also
1. midichlorians are not the force, they are merely conduits
2. the force was always biological (my father has it, I have it, my sister has it).

Yeah, all the stuff it got right outweighs the petty nickpicking

This, the fan-edit salvages the film so much that goes from a hot mess to an actually enjoyable experience.

HORRIBLE movie, it didn't even feel like a movie, it felt more like a bunch of bored actors on a movie set.
It was full of your typical jewish plot stereotypes. The black dude, the angry aussie, the naive scientist, the evil chick, the deceiving rich guy, the unexpected heroine. The robot was the only character I didn't despise.

The a9 cut?

not bad but could have been better. pretty much any issues i had with the film were already posted here.

CUCKINO

The one I watched didn't have any fancy name. It literally was just called the prometheus fanedit.

It had all the deleted scenes added back in, added Weyland's TED talk (w/ young Guy Pierce) at the beginning, and swapped the fifield attack scene with the alternate mutation version

I thought it was disappointing. It promises to bring up these themes of creators and creation and the relations between the two. It's very hollow and doesn't really explore those themes and has stupid horror elements like the biologist sticking his hand into the penis snake monster.

It's not that good but its a 6/10

The movie was like the Prometheus expedition itself: you go in expecting to find the long lost glory of gods, instead you find nothing but death, decay and disappointment.

This kind of stuff shows they didn't have any proper idea what they were making. An alien waking up and attacking humans happened in the influences of Protmetheus, like the original Thing movie and At the Mountain of Madness, but in both cases humans attacked first, either out of fear or by accident. And the Thing was just a clumsily done early horror movie monster and not something with actual depth.

Even if the Engineer zealously hated humans, it still should have had the intelligence to act carefully. But no, it goes on a rampage like any other mindless monster, making all the build up pointless. The movie really is garbage.

Don't forget how the biologist decides to poke and pet the dick snake knowing full well there had been something in the base that killed the previous inhabitants, or how the nigger captain leaves his monitoring station to muh dick the blonde cunt (not even calling anyone to take his post), leaving two of his team stranded in an alien structure where they know something else alive is in there with them.

To add insult to injury in the future they seemingly forgot what video recording is supposed to be, on the greatest exploratory journey humanity has ever undertaken, so what killed those two chucklefucks remains a convenient mystery. And when one of them mysteriously appears at their doorsteps the captain, in all his wisdom, decides to open the door right away.

And this dumb nigger is the guy two of his pilots decide to sacrifice themselves with. One has to wonder what inspired such loyalty.

Oh, and let's not forget the other biologist that takes the Engineer head onto the ship and then proceeds to unseal it outside of a hazmat environment. I guess no one has the IQ to figure out getting the whole ship contaminated is a bad idea.

The fact they can only make the plot move forward by having seemingly intelligent people act like complete idiots and horny teenagers whenever something needs to happen is clue enough already.

The Engineer acting like a B movie monster was moving the plot foward by having seemingly intelligent person act like complete idiot.

It's Friday the 13th IN SPACE boys.

It would have been funny if the two libarts faggots the Fedoratard and the Cunt did this stupid shit but the biologist and geologist acted like members of their respective professions. Maybe have them keep the same teedy vs hardass dynamic.

Cunt: "Take off your helmets guise."

Geologist dressed in a bulky metal suit without a bubble helmet: "Woah, woah woah! "

Fedora: "What it's breath-"

Geologist: "Except for the fucking mold spores that could put your into anaphylatic shock, or the alien bacteria that will build colonies in your lungs and drown you in your own pus, or the virus in the dust on the floor that your fucking wrist sampler didn't pick up. Fuck you! You're all contaminated now. I'm not getting out of this suit even when we get back on the ship. I'll eat, shit, and sleep in this thing all the way back to earth."

Biologist: "Yeah I'm not taking my helmet off either."

I'll list some things themes that could have been included to play into horror

1) The Lovecraftian idea that the universe is innately hostile to intelligent life. Intelligent races create post-sapient constructs like the xenos or robots which are more fit to survive because they are autoamata created only to manufacture more of themselves and destroy any biosphere they are introduced into. The Universe is devoid of intelligent life because its creations destroy it and spread as diseases, killbots, and parasites waiting to infect and destroy anyother civilization that stumbles upon the remnants. Intelligence is just one more stage in the evolutionary process not the final one. Which I thought might be what they were going for with the "A king has his reign, and then he dies" line they used in the trailer years ago.

2) The Engineers left this place and its compliment of horrible mutagenic plagues as a kind of backup. That's what humanity was as well, they replicated their own evolutionary history so as to provide a source of raw materials in case their civilization inevitably collapsed, these humans would find their ruins and reconstitute the Engineer Species by infecting themselves with material that would turn them into Engineers and their attendant bio-technology. Humans seeing them as gods could even facilitate this process as they might willingly infect themselves rather than relying on accidental exposure.

3) The Engineers didn't make the Xenomorph or the strange mutagenic plagues which they cultured from it, they found it elsewhere and modified it. It long predated even their civilization and they never discovered where it could have come from before it went out of control and destroyed them. More lovcraftian elements, namely the idea that some things can never be understood and some secrets should never be learned because they can benefit no one.

Any of these ideas could have made a creepy atmospheric movie. Instead we got Leprechaun 8 Back 2 Da Space.

Nice try.

Michael Fassbender slightly redeems almost any movie he is in.

He might have been crazed or insane, given the shit he likely witnessed. Then from his perspective, he gets woken up by these weird people and one of them starts asking to be made immortal. I chalk it up to an XCom 'soldier goes berserk' moment.

They directly agree to fuck in the cinema version. In the director's cut they talk after it in her bedroom.
But be relieved faggot. The alien will dish out divine wrath in alien:covenant.

Sudden fit of insanity might be a "plausible" explanation for stupid behaviour, but it rarely is satisfying to the audience, especially if it happens with littler build up or explanation.

Maybe the human crew was also insane from magic space exposure, like in that lazy movie Pandorum.

All of them great ideas, but of course they made a dumb summer blockbuster complete with race mixing instead.

That's the one

A9 Prometheus.1080p.Special Edition.FanEdit.BRRip.x264.AAC-m2g

Get out, normie.

Both of them were smoking weed before this happened, but it's less clear in the theatrical edit.

WE

WUZ

GAWDS!

A bunch of boring, unintelligent people land a space ship on another planet and get killed by muh aliens. How original.

There are really shitty episodes of The Next Generation that are more interesting. They should have just killed the entire crew the second they land and then have David fuck around on the planet for two hours.

X-Men First Class was putrid horseshit.

Sounds good. No need to reinvent the wheel when science fiction is rife with stories about exploring abandoned planets. There's no time or reason to be overly deep with multiple side plots about the same themes in a horror movie.

Why aren't you a director/writer of blockbuster sci-fi movies?

WUZ MARSHMELLOWS