Stop learning. Start doing

I have noticed that a lot of people here who claim to be programmers don't know the basics of software development.
It is not enough to know the basics of program logic you need to know how to create software.
Anyone can make a 50 line script with basic logic statements. Not everyone can plan out and write a program.
Most people here could not sit down and write a 10,000 line program because they lack discipline and rely on learning new concepts to mask your lack of discipline.

Its cute that you know Haskell and Lisp. Do you know how to write software that could benefit someone?
Have you ever created a piece of software that people use? Your academic programming languages don't mean shit if you can't even
write something that is useful to people.

I propose people limit themselves to learning one language and using it for a few months before starting to learn more.

Can you apply your skills to create something of value? Do you have the discipline to sit down day to day writing software for one particular project? Do you have the discipline to stop playing your Vidya or watching your Mongolian cartoons? self discipline is like a muscle, use it or lose it.

There are millions of people on the internet that could benefit from a skilled programmer. Try to find communities online that need software and make it for them.

I know this is a strange concept for a lot of you but if you don't write at least a thousand lines of code a month you are not consolidating the knowledge of the programming concepts in you head. You eventually forget what you don't practice. Its not a matter of intelligence, its a matter of memory and practice. A smart person can learn things quickly but without constant repetition they eventually forget. This is why students forget most of the math they learned in school yet they retain silly information about their hobbies that they had as they where children. You remember what you practice and forget what you don't. Its simple. To getgut at programming you must learn things but also practice what you learned.

I'll just stick to my personal projects at github because I'm selfish and don't want to become a wage slave that will come to hate programming because he will see it as a job and not a fun hobby.

how to earn money then?

From the quality of the code you see on this board I'm not sure you really want them to write something LMOA

Yes.
Yes.
Already do/have
Yes
I don't do either of those things. I mostly program and browse chans. I don't have a social life or any other distractions. Its a pretty nice life.

faggot/retard detected

Some good points OP, but I fear you waste your effort. Do the unworthy on this board really need encouragement? They are destined to be mediocre, so why cast pearls before swine? The ones who will become good like ourselves will find their path in time.

Nor do I agree that our purpose as master programmers is to deliver good software to people in need. People in need are often ungrateful normies. Let them wallow in their ignorance.

As Terry recently put it in one of his recent live stream, our purpose is not to create better software, but to entertain God. It's awful boring playing the same video game for centuries in which the world is populated by bland nigger cattle, waiting for something new to emerge. Instead, we must attract Kek's favor, or the favor of the other Ogdoadic facets of the Lord. Create masterful programs that will earn you a seat by His side.

They can't handle the Perls, so they use Python.

Do you happen to be of Jewish descent per chance?

If he's saying wage slave he's probably a NEET, either he leaches off some one else, or he gets welfare. Likely both.

they have no idea what they'd make

People here are more interested of arguing about pointless shit like than make anything.

great thread op, made me really want to get up and start living

How on earth is that pointless? You like wasting memory?

There's exactly 0 situations where something like that would ever be relevant, let alone in something anyone from here would make.

REMINDER: if you don't have a fully lit good goy graph on Github you can just put yourself right into the trash bin!

Literally meaningless. The only thing more meaningless is the arguments over how to format brackets.

literally just add more computers right?

4 B I T S
B
I
T
S

NOT AN ARGUMENT
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

link your github

just add more programmers to debug your never ending problems right?

Think about it

its better to get your programmers to produce working code that is a little slow in exchange for not having memory leaks.
finding a memory leak in a code base can take anywhere from a week to a few years.

the speed component is even more vital.
The person that can produce code faster is always the one that wins.
If you're the first to the finish line you will win.

A lot of artists on Holla Forums should get into electronics where this type of optimization mindset is actually needed

Scripts in C do not count.

You talk as if that's a difficult thing to attain.
Work in a real life project in a, you know, job, and you'll get a grasp for it.
Now, you'll find real life programming is fucking boring, tedious, monotonous, and ultimately depressing, and learning new things is the only cool thing about programming.

link your github

Programming is a bad career path. There are clueless managers that can't tell the difference between a good or bad programmer. Then you have competition from every idiot calling themselves a programmer because they created a helloworld example. The low entry barrier and H1b abuse makes it an even shittier career path.

You should have chosen a career with a higher entry barrier. Even if you make it past all of the bullshit of programming you will eventually have to content with ageism, forced retirement by the age of 30. Best move you can make as a programmer is create a business that doesn't involve programming. Too much competition, competition is for losers.

My autismâ„¢ prevents me from writing anything past 1000 lines.

I wrote a tic tac toe game in c++ once and that's about it
I'm going into security anyway so I don't need to code

here is your pepe

That looks pretty rare. thanks my dude

Python is objectively better than Perl

TBH fam i only use scripting languages for their libraries not how good the language is.

If you want to use a top tier language, use C++