The web should have never gone beyond this. Normies ruin everything

The web should have never gone beyond this. Normies ruin everything.
rise.cse.iitm.ac.in/shakti.html

Other urls found in this thread:

erights.org/
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web
bestmotherfucking.website/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

damn right cuz
erights.org/

Will web 2.0 ever go away?
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/

as bandwidth speeds improve the more shit they will add to web pages.

when we get gigabit connections we will get web pages that are 20megs.
Soon you will be able to stream your video games into your browser and load levels on the fly.

Enjoy your hell normies.

So basically like system requirements

Fuck those huge-ass pages, it's like the people who made it got charged extra for every new HTML page. They try to cram as much as possible onto one page. It's like those people who think that they must put everything into the readme: overview, user manual, contribution guidelines, license and changelog. Use different files, idiots. Yes, I know that every new HTML page is a new round-trip to the server, but what is the point of loading everything at once when it makes my browser's memory burst apart?

I'd argue that pictures (256 max color palette, 256x256 maximum resolution, only four shown at a time) would be useful for diagrams and such.

But seriously, fuck JavaScript, the client should not execute any code.

Pic related, mfw I need Javascript to sort a table. That shit should be built in the browser.

I bet you use auto update and quick reply in Holla Forums nigger

The table should be sorted by the server to begin with, not the browser. If you need to re-sort the table in a different way, make a server API call and pull the newly sorted table fresh again. The server can sort the table however it god damn well wants: javascript, php, java, make the right db query, whatever.

That's how it's SUPPOSED to be anyways.

So... AJAX?
You know the thing that requires Javascript.

>sort button is is an tag pointing to php script with appropriate "?variable=asc/desc" inputs

Why don't we invent a new specification? something simpler than web that lets you make pages like in OP. We can make our own "browser" for it.

Yes, when we get web 3.0

good idea, HTML is so retarded it hurts my brain

Web 3.0 was released a few years ago.
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web

This
Or hell, iframes seem actually appropiate for this.

Imo, a feature I'd love from such a specification is that all sites use common things that lets the user change their "theme" (color schemes, mostly, but also page layout) of the entire internet.

Alternatively, make sure the specification at least requires the browser to supply "templates", (such as article, landing page, etc) from which the base styles are inherited, which the user can later modify.

So you prefer manually styling every damn page you visit each day instead of editing a single style that applies globally?
Step on a lego.

bestmotherfucking.website/

agreed

Still way better than the average bootstrap abomination though.

UTF8 only. scrap semantic tags, legacy tags, inline style attributes, inline scripts.
disabled users and web crawlers shouldn't require special consideration.

reference BNF grammar that is no more than 10 pages long.
web browsers should send death threats via an open source botnet to any non compliant webmaster.

I would design a safer, stricter, more compact language with a standard
specifically restricting the grammar to prevent JS injection.
Why allow script elements anywhere? just restrict them to the god damn .
PHP programmers will always be retarded and use raw strings in their templates.

If it works on the Mac the designer used to create the page, it should work for you :^)

Web 3.0 is now, it began in 2007 when Apple launched the iPhone, Facebook opened to the public and Netflix switched to video streaming.

what do you mean "when" we get gigabit
you should try stop living in a shithole

yeah good ideas,