Why are nips such turbonormies when it comes to tech?

Why are nips such turbonormies when it comes to tech?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-23/.102406
techdirt.com/articles/20120507/12295718818/south-korea-still-paying-price-embracing-internet-explorer-decade-ago.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_syndrome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wat

They use Wangblows for fucking everything, even servers and embedded shit.

They're mostly stuck on early 2000's web design. Those lucky motherfuckers

Not at all what I'm referring to, that's the only good thing I know about Japanese tech.

Japs hate change, they're the most autistic race of people to exist.

Their online banking depends on a non-standard cipher that only existed as an IE ActiveX plugin.

Other countries didn't have this problem because they didn't even have functioning online banking systems in the mid-90s.

They're terrified of breaking social norms.

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-23/.102406
Computer games never took off like in the West, people started using cell phones for web browsing a long time ago, and at least in the early years PCs they weren't good at supporting Japanese which may have still affected people's perception of them even after the problem was solved. These may explain at least in part why computers are less common in Japan. Computers seem to still be linked to (actual) nerd culture in Japan so in that sense they're less normie than us.

Before Wintel came along, Japan had all kinds of native PCs from NEC, Sharp and Fujitsu and others, and they make software like SAI (paint program), RETAS (anime industry standard software suite), Ruby and RPG Maker. So it's not like they're completely lost in the woods when it comes to computers.

Nips use Yahoo like we Google

Who knows

Great post, thanks

Are you sure you're not thinking of South Korea?

techdirt.com/articles/20120507/12295718818/south-korea-still-paying-price-embracing-internet-explorer-decade-ago.shtml

Also, try finding a place to put a desktop computer in a tiny-ass 5x5 meters apartment that costs 3000 US dollars a month. That's why japs are married to their smartphones and never use computers.

I once heard that PCs only became popular in Japan until 2014 or so, and it was because Kantai Collection only runs on Windows and this game became popular enough to push thousands of japs into buying AMD64 tablets with Windows 8.

Normies are normies wherever you go.
Even in the rest of the world most people's computer use is restricted to 2000$ facebook machines.

Japan still has has interesting tech scene. the Japanese lisp community is bizarrely large for example, I'm not entirely sure how that happened.

no wonder the suicide rate is so high

What the fuck I've be rused!

Because they need another black ship to teach them how to use technology

Wow all shit
So literally nothing of worth

Kankore for Android was launched barely 6 months ago. Up until last year, if you wanted to play it in your tiny ass apartment you had to buy a tablet PC with Windows 8.1 or 10.

under rated post

5m^2 is almost 250ft^2, it's not that bad

Not after furniture it isn't. I can't fit more than one desk here aka only got a pc desk no writing desk no nothing.

t. practically live in 5x4m space

Their apartments aren't that small. I've lived in really small apartments too and didn't have any issues with a desktop system. And where are you getting $3000 a month from? That sounds incredibly dubious.

The sort of people most likely to play KanColle probably already had a computer.

Based on what?

RETAS runs the anime industry, Ruby is a programming language used all over the world, and RPG Maker is a popular engine for making games. And those are just the programs I know of, I never said they're a complete representation of their software industry.

How much shit do you need?

Krankor?

YOU SCUM!

Disgusting. We're actually getting there as well though

Confuscian conformity

japs aren't even really confuscian any more than they are really buddhist

They take other people's shit and twist it to fit their backward ways

It made not be literally Confucianism but the extreme pressure to conform found throughout cultures the Asian-Pacific definitely has its roots in it.

Do you people have brain damage?

Haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa

They have a native religion, shintoism.

Most of them don't even use linux or unix for that matter.

You mean shamanism mixed with taoism with elements 'borrowed' from buddhism

That's pretty accurate but Korean religion is even more complicated because they throw elements of Christianity into the mix too.

What Korean religion?
Shamanism has been extremely small and for the commoners for centuries
Buddhism has nothing to do with Christianity

The fuck are you talking about

How is Shintoism still around today when their god emperor admitted that he's just a man and surrendered?

I don't think there's even a defined name for it, it's just general religious superstitions in Korea. The Wailing (South Korean movie) does a great job of showing how many people there don't really explicitly distinguish between religions. Your mother might have rotten vegetables in her garden so she thinks theres a Shinto-Buddhist Japanese water demon haunting her and calls a local Christian pastor to perform a shamanistic ritual to exorcise it.

I'm not an expert or anything, I just watch lots of South Korean movies and have my Korean buddy try to explain all this shit to me.

That's shamanism

to clarify, that's just shamanism, where the christian god/jesus is just a god from another land, same with buddha

So shamanism can include elements from any arbitrary religion? If that's the case then it seems hard to objectively classify.

Exactly, shamanism is broad as fuck. Basically every culture has/had shamanism. Priests can be defined as shamans, monks can be shamans. Mongolian shamans say it would be closer to call them priests.

Hell people can't even agree what shamanism or a shaman is.

Well I didn't come to Holla Forums today expecting to learn about world religions but I learned something anyways, thanks user and good night.

Good night user

There's way more to shintoism than emperor worship.

Old people (Highest longevity and very little children born).

i miss MD.

Unfortunately they're stuck in the "this page requires Internet Explorer 6 and Macromedia Flash Player to run" side of the millenium.

they are Macrohard surrogates, deeply

kek

I've been to Japan, let me tell you why;

1.) FOSS culture is not very big in Japan outside of corporations. This most likely has to do with the fact modifying game consoles to run homebrew is illegal in Japan, discouraging most end-users from wanting to install anything other than Windows (even if that is legal)

2.) PC hardware imports are very expensive in Japan do to heavy import taxes

3.) Most Japs tend to stick to Japanese-made PC hardware, which is very limited

4.) Japan is a tiny Island that has the largest metropolis on Earth, their outlets are 100V and are non-grounded, low-power devices are preferred over power-hungry ones

5.) PC gaming is nonexistent in Japan outside of visual novels. Console gaming is huge in Japan do to Japans deep and rich history in the home console market.

As a result, most Japs simply have no need or means of getting a beefy computer to run the latest games or even modern website designs full of javascript applets

This

Remember, the Japanese were literally the first population on the face of the planet to mass utilise the internet. If anything, they were far ahead of their time but it ended up fucking them much like how America having the first electrical grid fucked up their mains electricity which is why it's inferior to Europe for example. Japan itself is split on its electricity. Legacy is hard to change when costs are accounted for but Japan is quickly using botnet.

Where are the Christina pics?

[citation required]

I know the Koreans were internet banking with FTTH while japan was on dial up

Nips were the earliest adopters. They were ahead on everything from PCs to phones but it's that effect that I forgot named. How it could fuck them up later on.

The point is, a lot of Japanese sites only work with IE just like it used to be with ours before furryfox gay penetrated the market.

Gonna need some source on that

you know, the divergent evolution thingy with the three birds and their beaks on different islands

Back to Holla Forums you tard

sorry, did my text look sarcastic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_syndrome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands

Still not proving nips being the earliest adopters

Where do you people keep coming from

oh, responded to the wrong post
sorry

Is it still aesthetic as fuck?

As shit as always.

The FM-Towns didn't use PS/2 even though it was sorta IBM-compatible.

Japan has 1/3 the population of the US but only 4% of the landmass.

In a way thats kind of sad.

I wonder what i sounds like when they both write to disk

Looks more like a cinch connector or something

fuck yeah

Usually the way double floppies worked was one dedicated to loading some hokey intro movie and possibly menu settings and the other to actually play the game.

Doesn't change the fact that they're upper quartile

If japan is tiny then what are the 3/4 of nations, miniscule?