They were revisionists, Holla Forums. Revisionists! NOTHING CAN STOP THIS REVISIONISM!

They were revisionists, Holla Forums. Revisionists! NOTHING CAN STOP THIS REVISIONISM!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YZ9kb
youtube.com/watch?v=vr30gtfhGQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ePSR7gFt7s4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good work Comrade

How fun is it? Looks pretty easy & simplistic at least, so it shouldn't be too hard for a pleb who's only WWII game experience is building space elevators in Darkest Hour?

Reasonably fun. UI is uggo and I wish I had better counters, but is fun.

What game is it?

Hearts of Iron IV comrade

Holy shit I need to buy this game.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Holla Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my part to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

This game is EU4-tier meme garbage, AI is so shit you can lose a war only on purpose or have never touched anything from the genre.
Fuck you Johan you fat sack of shit

Don't do this, don't give those DLC-enabling pieces of shit even a penny, pirate it instead

Reminder that HOI4 has only 483 unique minister portraits, compared to 17,524 in Darkest Hour, and 17,698 in HOI3, and this doesn't even take into account identical men wearing different suits; so the actual title is probably even lower.

imgur.com/a/YZ9kb

The Linux version is already available on KAT.
I ended up having to buy Stellaris, just because the Linux version was talking so long to get liberated.

Not my comrades

hopefully the modders can take the game and expand it
Also Germany and Japan both need some fuckin buffs or something they always lose when the AI controls them. And I mean in like 1940 germany can't beat france and Japan always gets btfo by china

Vanilla Paradox games also has such issues.

codemonkey pls

Come now you dumb utlänning, it's only 40 pickled herrings, hehehehe

we'll give you a custom Albania skin for just 10 krona

/leftygsg/ when?

/gsg/ is half autistic shitposters, half autistic Nazis now

Stellaris works fine through WINE, you dumbass.

I'd be fine with that.

Does anyone know how to mod?

I've worked a bit with Victoria II and Darkest Hour before.

I know some, but Paradox games (at least Vicky2 and Dankest Hour) seem to hate me for whatever reason. If you want leader and minister pix, research team pix, unit pix and possibly skins I probably can do those if they're similar format to the ones in HOI2. I might be able to do map edits in terms of province cores and ownership, but I don't have the game so I'd kind of be flying blind on that.

I just installed Hearts of Iron 4 and I don't understand anything

boy play the tutorial

Any reason to get this over Darkest Hour? Only grand strategy games I've played are a bunch of CK2 and a little bit of Victoria 2.

I'd get darkest hour first tbh and wait till HOI 4 gets mods

NO ONE FUCKING CARES

IT'S FUN

GO BACK TO /GSG/ WITH YOUR AUTISTIC GARBAGE

Congrats, it's probably your first experience with grand strategy. Flounder about for a couple weeks until you get the hang of things.

Uninstall it and download a better game

Uninstall it and play some less shitty game like vicky II or even ck II

I wanted a historically plausible game, not things like Empire of Platypus, retarded AI or historically impossible shit like Neo-Ottoman Empire or North Sea Empire.
If you want fun, stick to Mario Party, it seems to be on your intellectual level

I think implausible scenarios are fun, but I agree that a realistic scenario would be better given the choice. Too bad Paradox doesn't care about realism. Game will probably be okay after couple years of overpriced DLC and some good mods.

okay thanks

I mean when you get so far into that, at what point does the game just become you watching WW2 play out exactly as it actually did?

Honestly? It looks fucking ugly, it's reduced to incredibly pathetic simplicity, I just hate it.

Once I heard that three parties was all that they'd have in the final release I fucking dropped that shit. That's just inexcusable.

By implausible, I mean things like Turkish fascists restoring Ottoman empire, neutral Japan becoming a Shogunate or fascist France becoming Vichy France even in case it happens before the war starts. They didn't even bother checking the fucking Wikipedia for radical movements in respective countries. Fucking Swedish faggots.

Shit like that pisses me off. Do they not hire historians to help on their "historical" games?

Realism is not a valid argument :^)
t. Wiz

I still buy Paradox games and DLC, I just do it when they're on sale for cheap

As someone who wants to get into video game design I feel pirating would be rather hypocritical, plus I'm paranoid about getting caught.

A name is not a tripcode, feggit

So is this game actually fun or is it autistic moving around of armour columns and supply lines and yawn? I like the idea of GSG but I wish there was more, I dunno, gameplay. Like a hybrid GSG (with the political stuff) and RTS or FPS. I don't know. I can dream right?

If you A) have money and B) think the game is good, you buy it. Pirating is good if A or B is not present. Pirating only does neither good nor bad, as there are enough spooked people outhere that will buy everything. Especialy in US. Pirating only is like the vegans that think that "I don't eat meat, so I'm not responsible for the slaughtered animals."

Now, again, paradox in general is more ok with their DLC, as it's mostly cosmetics (they have also made creation of models moddable) and 70% of every dlc is already in the patch. I for one don't even need the DLC as much, as I play the Warhammer mod in CK2

You should just play total war games. I can't play them anymore, but they have the rts kind of thing you seem to want.

So, you mean you want a game with the diplomacy and Grand Strategy of a Paradox game and the battle system of a CA (medieval 2 engine) game.

Hmm…

Oh yeah!

YOU WANT EVERY STRATEGY GAMER'S DREAM!

It would require too much memory and so on. … but.. could it be running on supercomputers and played on cloud?

Could communism bring us this dream???

Yeah…. but that's all historical stuff, the modern era is more fun, plus there's little/no non military stuff. My dream is like, a Cold War/Modern GSG with RTS gameplay or something.

I mean is it really so unrealistic though when we already have GSG and RTS? Can't we just combine them?

Add this to the list of perfect things we don't have because CAPITALISM.

I WANT TRANSDIMENTIONAL TRAVEL!
I WANT GSG WITH RTS SPANING THE WHOLE OF HISTORY!
youtube.com/watch?v=vr30gtfhGQ0
I WANT THE WEBM

Honestly that sounds awful to me. I'd rather just have a regular grand strategy game. Total War already has both and honestly I think it is worse than games that just try to do one thing right.

wew casual.

TW had mediocre diplomacy and so on and great battles, mostly historicly accurate with more or less ok AI.

Then Empire came and it had shit diplomacy, and mediocre battles.

Then Rome 2 came and everything was shit.

Now they went with Warhammer and people say it's good.

So, sure, Paradox still does Grand Strategy great, even if some people don't like the real time part.
But TW does nothing right BECAUSE CAPITALISM!

So, again, we cannot have perfection in capitalism.

They can both be fun tbh. Anybody else think EU3 is kind of a mess that abstracts all the wrong things? Also I can't figure out how to peacefully annex vassals (opinion is 200, state of peace all the shit is there but the diplo chance says they'd never accept it. Maybe it's my Infamy? idk. Also need to into Westernization, Eastern tech speed a shit.

Thanks comrade, meant to post that image earlier but couldn't find it

I wondered why they never made that game. Silly me thinking I was the only one to have thought of it lol.

also I made a thing
youtube.com/watch?v=ePSR7gFt7s4
Skin o' my Faction

I have shils on your boards, shitposting on Holla Forums
My game plays like a wreck, wrapped around a tree
A sequel shat out in a year tied in with a movie
But it's now on sale on Steam, take a look and see

(chorus)
No completed games
You belong to be
Clingin to your cash
With my shitty DLC

Your cash flows through your Steam, while my mods act like axe wounds
Two empty jars of green and purple pills, on a dresser in my room
Customer pain like a jizz stain, nobody's meant to see
Reviewers buttered up with hummers, whistleblowers get out REEEEEEEE

(chorus)

I won't accept critique, you can't post here any longer
Them that doesn't shill me, will get the b& for longer
I need a yacht for my yacht, that's what DMCA is for
So rate it 10 and don't forget, oooh to beg for more

(chorus)

fin.

originally meant it to be about Paradox but it became more of a general rant song

They also need to have been your vassal for at least 10 years and be the same religion group. In order to increase the chances of dipo-annexing you need to have a leader with high diplomatic skill, high national prestige, and yes a good reputation.

TW Warhams is actually pretty fun. It has a few fixes which need to be implemented but if you enjoy the Warhammer Fantasy (RIP) it's good times.

I wouldn't consider the battles great. I'd say they're inferior to what you find in a standard RTS, but I also don't think a realistic battle would make a good game. TW is inferior in both aspects to GS and RTS. Really the worst of both worlds.

Crusader Kings Grand Strategy

Total War tactics in battles

And the ability to take the field like in Mount and Blade

As I said, after Empire it's shit in every way.
And I haven't played WH (and I like fantasy more than SPES MARINZ), so I don't know for sure.

This would be the best, or the worst thing ever.

Last Total War I played was Medieval 2 so I fortunately didn't experience the Napoleon and Empire debacles. I want to check out Shogun 2 since Shogun was was one my first PC games, but I lose interest when I remember how shallow the strategy is. I might pirate a copy of Warhammer. Don't know anything about the setting, but high fantasy style TW game might be cool

Well the battles can be optional. Battles in Paradox games involve tens of thousands of troops, and you usually fight a few of them at a time, so having to get hands on in everyone single one would get tedious.

Of course you couldn't fight every battle or even all of the big ones but you could take command of sort of smaller scale representative battles that determine the success of the wider engagement.

As for HOI 4, I played for a few hours screwing around as USSR, I couldn't win the Spanish civil war and by the time Germany declared war (I never signed the pact) I didn't feel up to actually fighting them. So I saved it for now, who knows if I'll play again. At least supply lines seem to take care of themselves in this version and you can semi-automate tactics, but I don't know.

Oh, and I intentionally didn't do the purges because I wanted Trotskyites to take over the USSR, but it didn't happen anyway. Apparently there's supposed to be a civil war event.

In general Paradox games could make their battles a lot more hands on, at least for CK2. Despite having control of a number of different factors, you are pretty much guessing half the time if the battle is going to go well or not

I highly disagree, mostly because the battle mechanics and gameplay are fairly different.

In fact, there isn't a game that does it better than how TW does it so I keep coming back.

napoleon is okay
empire is hot garbage though

at least check before you embarrass yourself, faggot.

Atilla is good, Shogun 2 is also really good with mods, sieges are much better. I never found the battles in S2 to be shallow besides being a little rock, paper, scissory, you could still win most battles if played right.

im certain that Shogun 2 + expansion have the best sieges imo

The 1800s Shogun 2 expansion was so much fun, I loved it. I wish there was a GSG game more like that.

I wish I could live there.

darkest hour looks like shit tho

got that

That must be it then

Thx comrade