Google is becoming a monopoly

I just did some thinking today, and I realized something: Google is becoming a monopoly. Let's break it down.

What does Google have to do to take a complete monopoly on the internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/intl/en/about/products/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The evidence here speaks for itself.

google.com/intl/en/about/products/

ponyfag get out

ponyfag fuck off

You spelled "Is a shadow government currently" wrong.

Nice ad-hominems.

It's close, but not quite there yet. A monopoly means nearly complete control. Google has a shit ton of control, but not most of it.

Also, Adobe is becoming a monopoly, but I'm not gonna explain this time. Look at their "Creative Cloud".

Are you sure? Millions of websites have GA on their site, Hundreds of millions of people use gmail for everything in their life. The single most popular video host by far is owned by Google. The vast majority of people rely on Google search to give them answers to their questions. The world's most popular browser is a piece of proprietary botnet controlled by Google. A non-negligible amount of people use Google's nameservers to resolve addresses.

This is a company that has an obscene level of control and oversight of the internet usage of the vast majority of people using the internet. The internet users worldwide who can go a full day without making a connection to Google servers could probably be counted in the thousands or hundreds.

Were it not for cutesy branding and excellent marketing by Google, more people would correctly identify the Orwellian situation we find ourselves in.

what is this 2010?
Have you not had any internet in the past decade?
What next, they're going to develop an AI?
They're going to make a search engine?

Murica's internet is shit, you have it so much slower than most of Europe. Other providers better step up their game.

Wearables are a tiny market anyway.

Pretty much discontinued, and again a tiny market.

No, moron, Pixel is just one line of phones that run Android.

And really, "Google X could beat Someone Else Z" doesn't count.

You have no idea what a monopoly actually is

I'm sorry, but ponies are a proven indicator of brain damage. There are a billion images you could have chosen and you demonstrate the ones of retardation

googleshills out tbh

Is this a new meme?

fuck off horsefucker

google is a monopoly of the mind.
they made a slightly better browser than firefucks and it has become the default web browser.
they made a slightly better email service over a decade ago (it had more space and shit or something, i dont even remember why I registered) and it has become the default
they made a slightly better search engine over a decade ago and that has become the default search engine. google it. at some point it stopped providing a feature to search strings on the internet and now all you can do is ask it a set of millions of questions such as "how old is justin beiber" and get an official reply. this is okay, because it's google. everyone knows google makes the best search engine using super advanced technology
they hired a few decent security researchers who constantly make a mockery of the shitty software industry and now the security community likes them
youtube is the default way to share videos on the internet and to have videos on your website. most videos cannot be shared to your friends in other countries and the player still freezes and has poor seeking functionality, but that's okay. if google can't do it noone can
because of the above and similar, they are considered thought leaders of the west, and anything they say is automatically true. if they told you that you can safely ride in their car, it's automatically true, heck the west will happily create laws saying you are not allowed to drive in anything else.
once trump is done fucking shit up, the left will be pissed and stronger than ever, and we will see the most intense political party ruling ever. we already have the risk of trump forcing self driving cars because they're good for business and shit and muh technical progress, but the left will force it for the same reasons they want guns banned

Plenty of those are false, like they discovered it's a lot harder to implement Fiber, both physically and politically. Others are just the impression you have from your experience.

being the market leader ≠ being a monopoly
For the love of fuck, don't make monopoly the new botnet on the list of memewords that lost all meaning.

botnet hasn't lost any meaning. you are just a botnet user that is butthurt about being called out for your use of botnets

Call it for what it is. It's a 4chan buzzword. There is no meaning in its use since it's being used loosely.

If you don't like it then quit complaining and make the alternative. Google is as big as it is today because complaining is easier than doing.

This. The term usually now just refers to any tech/service which one personally dislikes. Usually though, it's a tendency towards services that are suspected of data-mining.

Originally, a (Ro)Bot-Net(work) was a collection of compromised systems used for malicious activities (hacking, spamming, etc).

It is a funny term to throw around though, so I do use it.

This isn't entirely fair. Even if someone made a better alternative, they don't have the resources to market it to the normalfags - especially when up against a CIA nigger entity like Google. Think Linux vs Windows, for example. Some iterations and distributions of Linux were far than Windows. I'm not convinced that's still the case, a lot of unstable shit getting pushed out atm.

I've worked for businesses whose software is utter shit, but remain successful because they market well and handshake well.

Also, because these businesses lock you into their product and refuse to inter-operate with any other products, you're basically fucked so far as transferring any bulk of the population over.

This is exactly what the people want! They don't care about freedom, they only care about expedient work!

You're overrating normalfags. They don't give a shit. Even if they did identify the situation, they would do nothing whatsoever about it. For normalfags, convenience is king.

What a win for the FreeMarketâ„¢.

What the fuck? Google has been a monopoly for well over a decade. First their search engine monopoly, then their video hosting monopoly, then their mobile OS monopoly, online map monopoly, etc.

Google has its fingers is pretty much all the pies, and each pie they usually have the biggest slice.

The meme-meaning of the word is a synonym to "spyware" or "backdoored".

what is botnet, let's see... >microsoft, google, apple, facebook, twitter, yahoo, cloudflare, anything to do with motor vehicles, every big web browser
just because every asshole puts botnet in his product, doesn't mean botnet is meaningless. it just means everything is botnet

thank you for that epiphanizing etymology
no. at least on this board it's usually used to refer to something that's either proprietary, forces you to submit private data, or is bloatware (and thus can have malware hidden inside even if it's open source)

And what does botnet mean?

I.e. the term doesn't denote anything. Stop raping the dictionary, one day you won't have any words left to say what you think.

You might as well argue about what "hacker" means. Waste of time. There's usually enough to deduce meaning by context.

Rockefeller - horizontal integration - monopoly
Carnegie - vertical integration - not monopoly

Google = Carnegie / ACME products

autism detected, 99% confidence

see end of the post you quoted

see end of the post you quoted

The value of the term botnet is the irony. Instead of doing something useful, the product spies on you and adds you to a massive collection of other fools who bought the product. Thus the product is botnet.
Even products with source code available can be considered botnet if the code is so big that they can hide countless vulnerabilities which there is no way for us to prove whether were intentionally introduced or not. See Chrome or Firefox.

Doesn't have to be used for anything and could still be a botnet.

user, >>>Holla Forums is that way...

You know they are genuinely getting a lot of backlash for that, right?

Does google even have a "face"? Someone we can blame for this?
Being a faceless company ran by unknown persons just makes it more spooky.

OP if you don't know about the anti-trust charges from the EU then I suggest you google it.

retards do tend to be a vocal minority, yes.

So use a new word to describe the idea? How about malware or massive complexity? I think those are going to be the new buzzwords of the century.

Who gives a shit

Not really, they have plenty of competition in most areas (e.g., Corel, AutoDesk, Pixar, Sony, even GIMP/Inkscape/Blender do most of what Adobe does and for free).

What I mean is, you can EASILY avoid using any Adobe product, even in the fields they are the strongest.

Let's go through this line by line.

I'll give you this.
That isn't really true among normies. Android is seen as a cheaper alternative to those who can't buy an iPhone in their view.
Maybe, but there'll always be competition.
They'll probably form an oligopoly and fuck users sideways cooperatively instead.
Sure.
Netsurf is ahead of Safari.
I don't see nearly as many users of an Android Wearable than I see users of an Apple Watch.
Because it's a circlejerk of the same YouTubers trying to be funny and getting ad shekels.
Bing translator anyone?
I'll give you this.
SJWs are a local minority. This won't happen.
Pixel is an Android phone you dumb ponyfag. Android is an operating system.
Again, there'll be competition.
See #4.
Google Glasses is ded.
HAHAHA no. Unless they buy Facebook and import all their shit to G+ they won't get any users.
No.
Tox can also overtake Skype with enough marketting. Anything can overtake Skype.
lolno. Hotmail (bought by Microsoft) existed before Gmail did and is more popular.
Maybe.
Sure.
Apple $product will never die because it'll always be a luxury option for normies.
Ebay will always be a bottom feeder, it won't die.
Sure.
Who?
This implies that their "AI" is actually succesful in finding similar images. Wish I had the picture of stallman sleeping on a couch being found similar to a wrench with a red handle by Google Reverse Image Search.
Google what?
Google News gets its news from "CNN or similar news companies", you dumbfuck.
Sure.
What is OnHub?
Instagram will never die.

2000s, called they want their history back. It has been like this for a while.

It's the meta flight search engine that advertises Lot's (at least in my region).

Also
The same thing has been said about Nokia, Yahoo, etc. That doesn't prove anything as the market is unpredictable.

Some time ago someone was given a talk about all the non internet related things google does:
- Google bought 8 robotic and automatic production companies
- Develops a contact lens that can measure blood sugar level
- Invested in Calicio (anti againg) 23andme (genetic DB)
- Develops autonomous driving with real time google maps navigation
- Investment in satellite manufacturer Skyobx
- Bought Nest (thermostats)
- Investment in uber and pilot project for city logistics
- Bought Impossible, a company for synthetic food production
- Bought Titan Aerospace (Development of drones and balloons)

GET OUT!

They already did, it's called "4chan".

One big captcha botnet farm.

Don't forget they're issuing certificates now

A social media platform dies (or shrinks) the day after your parents join

At least it wants to remove kebab. Let it be.