Browser autism

Can we talk about browsers? What do you use, and how you maximize it's comfiness and Holla Forumsnical abilities (or lack thereof)? Can Firefox be made as lightweight as any other browser through simple modifications?

I've been browser hopping a lot, from Firefox, Chromium, Midori, Surf and recently console based ones like Lynx, w3m, Links2, etc etc. But I want to limit it to a customized Firefox (high tech, low resources ideally) and a console browser.

I use qutebrowser. Decent feature set, lots of keybindings, predictable behavior, minor automatability, and written in Python so easy to modify.

HALF THE CATALOG IS FILLED WITH BROWSER BULLSHIT

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

FUUURRRRRCCKKKK OOFFFFFFF

Thanks for bumping this to the front so i had to look at the shit thread and your all caps comment. Truly helpful

I use bloated forks of Firefox and slit my wrists every time I need to use the web. At least I have tree style tabs though so that's fun

oh boy another browser thread. thanks op.

the other ones aren't directly about comfiness and optimization though

can a riced firefox match lightweight browsers?

How is Iridium? Compiling it on my toaster at the moment but its taking a while.

Chromium with slightly fewer features and much more privacy.

I use Google Chrome because Google will overtake the internet one day anyways, as we will all be on Google Fiber in the end.

I've been using qutebrowser lately, it lacks addons but it has an adblocker built in. Works well for my purposes right now.

I use the webkit 2 fork of luakit. Fairly comfy, easy to script, has vertical tabs available in config which is nice.

Chromium with a slightly different botnet.

I personally use Firefox because it works but knowing the fact that Chromium/Google Chrome is the most popular web browser among users due to various of known reasons. But I find that Chromium is the biggest fucking piece of crap, why in the actual fucking fuck is smooth scrolling tucked away in about:flags (chrome://flags) rather than the in the UI settings? The documention for this shitware is lacking if I install the damn thing from a package manager as man pages don't even mention the locations of these experimental features. Which by the way, How is smooth scrolling toggling a fucking experimental feature? This is some inane bullshit along with "Hyperlink Auditing" also being experimental as the big warning sign saying "It might compromise your security and privacy", you fucking moron it's enabled by default and you're telling me it's going to compromise my security and privacy WHEN IT FUCKING DOES THE EXACT OPPOSITE. Speaking of Privacy, the damn web browser won't stop logging every damn website I visit into a fucking file, which I can remove except I have to fucking blam the crap out of it or go into incognito mode. How viciously annoying, which Incognito mode looks like fucking shit with it's stupid icon and plastering garbage all over the damn thing whenever you open a new tab. You can't even customize what pressing a new tab does other than it linking into chrome://newtab. this is fine, if the newtab didn't SUCK. It does what it does but I don't want it. It fails to deliver even the most basic features to customize that a Vanilla out of the box version of Firefox, either ESR, Nightly, Developer or what ever fucking release it is. It has functional features that allow you to tailor the damn browser to fit like a god damn glove, because everyone's hands and tastes are extremely varying, you cannot make a software that fits all hands, that is fucking impossible. That's the kind of pretentious vibe and feel when it comes to Chromium. The more and more I use Chromium, the more and more I wonder "What is the actual benefits to this web browser that makes everyone jump like crazy?"
Where's the RSS Support? I don't even know.
Is it the performance results? Well according to a May of 2016 video that shows numbers and graphs. All I see is a decimal point of 1 seconds to load websites faster and saving 200 Megabytes of Ram if you open 8 tabs.
Note: It's Fucking Nothing, Absolutely Nothing.

If only Vivaldi the kind of Blink-based/Chrom* web browser that has actual customization, if it wasn't proprietary.

firefox cannot be made lightweight in any meaningful sense of the word. nor can palemoon or probably any other fork. i'd assume the same is true for chrome, microsoft whtaver, opera, and safari but i dont use them often

Do you use a lightweight browser in conjunction with a heavyweight champ like Firefox?

Surf, dwb, lynx, etc are fun toys, but really unusable. Midori is low on features and is crash prone - it's not worth it to trade those for "lightweightness".

Firefox and Chrome are really low on customisation, and there is shady political shit going on with those. But I've said enough about it in other threads, won't clutter up this one. Palemoon avoids some of the political shit, but it's still just firefox with a lipstick.

The only browser for me is Vivaldi - made by devs who are just as annoyed by the situation as you are, so you can be confident of its future. Has all the chrome addons, but is great customization-wise even without them. The amount of features available by default is just outstanding, and when you use some of those you won't be able to give them up. "Once you go Vivaldi, you don't go back." At least I'm not going back.

Hi product.

palemoon is the least harmful web browser.
GNU icecat,monkey etc. pick your poison all have google backdoor in fact they're what made google into the botnet monster that it is right now.
google components are entirely removed from palemoon which amazed me plus the dev team isn't toxic.

qupzilla rekonq/konqueror palemoon
palemoon has all the security/privacy addons I'll ever need and tree tab theming
qupz is like chromium but can have many tabs
rekonq is also good.

Palemoon is the only lightweight firefox. Plus it doesn't have the touchUI cancer, hello and other google shit that even GNU Icecat can't disable. You'll only make firefox much more bloat if you try to customize it with add-ons plus it already has default addons (like hello botnet and newtabpage and next level DOM botnets).

Just use chromium and block google on your router/firewall
I gave up on firefox (except palemoon)
highly recommend qupzilla.
Vivaldi is a bad meme. Don't jump on a boat just because it's new and tells you 'im not gonna sink trust me'

That lipstick must me fucking magical then.

be*

palemoon removes the lipstick, but it's still a fat whore

i only use palememe but it's so damn slow and buggy (though not as bad as firefox) ill be forced to install links or some shit soon to avoid breaking my neck

Can confirm Palemoon is awesome for 99% web browsing. Use SJWfox for banking etc.
Dont use Goygle/Kike products.

why do say palemoon is great, but to use sjwfox for banking? are you worried about palemoon's security?

It's fast and stable with some site incompatibility. web2.0 my ass.

Pale Moon + Tree Style Tabs + Pentadactyl

Mein Neger.

Qutebrowser is great.

Cancer.